Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Toonami thread: It's the weekend!!

9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Only thing I watch on Toonami is the Dragon Ball Super Dub.

It is the good stuff.  can't lie.  

Thankfully for me, I haven't actually watched a lot of anime as in not collecting.  Outside of of GITS, I haven't watch much of ANY of the stuff they have on Toonami.  Unlike the rest of you more cultured people, I'm just a basic swine who is easily entertained........................Even by Black Clover.  Pretty much everything past Naruto does the job for me.  

Speaking of tonight's DBS:  LOL@Zamasu.   I've never heard any man say the words,"Peas and carrots" with such power and conviction.

Man, don't remind me.  I was still in the Navy and nowhere near a TV at the time.  I didn't even KNOW about that for years.

LMFAO@Goku.  He saw Satan and dende and was like,"Hmmm.  I could get 'em, but if I don't nobody will know once the planet gets croaked.  Decisions decisions...................

Ah fuck it.  I'll get 'em.  It doesn't matter that my own kid will bite the big one for this.  I'm Goku dammit."  

EDIT:  LMFAO!!!  Goku, Y U SO Savage?   Pimping another man's wife out in front of him?  Damn Vegetta.  Just remember:  You coulda killed him eons ago, but you had to play around.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

yeah, I still watch Toonami, but only for Dragonball Super at this point...and classic DBZ.  I've kinda given up on JoJo's now...it's just not as good/interesting as the previous JoJo's they were showing.  I got tired of this "defeat this Stand-user today" format where they have this awesome main villain that sits WAYYYYY in the background to the point of being forgotten....and Black Clover can go eat shit.

*sidenote---why is future-Trunks' hair blue?  I just remembered that Trunks' hair previously in Z was shown to be a light purple color.

Edited by MillionX

I've always chalked up Trunk's hair to age.  It was still Purple as Teen Trunks, but the apparently Adult Trunks is Blue.  

IBO is that joint to me.  Looks like they're about to wrap it up soon.  Next week is going to be all-out battle from the looks of things and I'm guessing it'll either be the final or semi.  

14 hours ago, MillionX said:

*sidenote---why is future-Trunks' hair blue?  I just remembered that Trunks' hair previously in Z was shown to be a light purple color.

Trunks' hair was always supposed to be blue like his mother's.  In the anime they turned it to purple for unknown reasons.  In Super they decided to go with the 'proper' color of blue, but didn't want to change young Trunks' hair since people were used to purple already.  It's a silly compromise.

sheeeeit, another example of Beerus being The Shit.... I'm a fan of that character.

On another note--- People love to shit on English VAs usually, but I'm loving the voicework on Zamasu here. 

..and quick blast from the past--- Zarbon back in the day will always be the Aussie voice by Paul Dobson for me... I can't accept anything less than that greatness. 

On 4/15/2018 at 12:40 AM, misterBee said:

Hehe IBO was a pretty good show.  I should do a rewatch some time.

Gotta finish rewatching Full Metal Panic though -- the new season is starting. 😧

hold on.  I could swear you just said that Full Metal Panic has a new season going.  

.........................Better start the car.  Looks like I've got hunting to do.

Speaking of hunt,  This ep of Hunter X Hunter.  This show man.  They actually went in that direction tonight.  Chimera king is a brutal bastard too.  How many people you know curse their mom out BEFORE they were even fully born?  Just damn son.  

Edited by Deadly_Raver

man, that jojos.  So kinda F'ed Up.  Just................................c'mon yo.  They've even got me doing the CinemaSins thing in here now. 

"Play by play commentary on crap in a tub." DING!

"Shrinking those big ol' monster muffins down to a fetus." DING!

"You let a piece of shit distract you from your goal?" DING!

"WHAT  KIND OF KID DO YOU THINK CAN HOLD HIS BREATH FOR 10 MINUTES!?!?!?!?" DING!

"She's a fetus.  Why is she even still breathing?" DING!

"If the lady has no kids of her own, why does she have a kid's room?" DING!

"3 years old, yet he still has his memory." DING!

"He's hiding in the clock?  Really?"  DING!

"Somebody forgot how mirrors work.  I'm looking directly at you mr. animator." DING!

"You jumped out of a window..................To avoid being stabbed by a rapier the size of an overgrown sewing needle?" DING!

"You just............................Tried to sucker punch Jotaro?" DING!

Pint-sized Ora barrage = one sin off.

Sin total = 10

Sentence = SHIT KICKED IN YO' FACE!!!

Edited by Deadly_Raver

On the next Anime Uncovered:  Goku.  Happy father, or A victim of  SSSJ (Super-Sayjin Sperm-jacking)?  Come with us as we seek to uncover the truth.

On Hunter X Hunter:   Um, what is this, Fetus weekend?  We've had two today.............err, tonight I mean.  What gives yo? 

EDIT:  Oh shit at the end.  WHen Gon and Killua find out about this, they'll rip that bitch's head off and use it to go bowling.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

Aw shiet.  It's all End of Evangelion in this bitch.  Fucking Unit 02 Barbatos is like the Devil Himself!  Sad ending, but if you watch IBO, then that ain't a spoiler.

EDIT:  damn.  I thought  he had gotten away.  Lead poisoning on the shitter.  😆  Clapped on the crapper. 🤣  You got what you deserved bitch.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
On 4/28/2018 at 11:44 PM, Deadly_Raver said:

Aw shiet.  It's all End of Evangelion/Zone of the Enders in this bitch.  Fucking Unit 02 Barbatos is like the Devil Himself!  Sad ending, but if you watch IBO, then that ain't a spoiler.

EDIT:  damn.  I thought  he had gotten away...............NOPE!    Shot on the shitter.  😆  Clapped on the crapper.  😆  Lead poisoning on the pooper.   😆  You got what you deserved bitch.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

cheh, that was a surprisingly dark moment for a Dragonball show, man... when Black/Zamasu actually tell Goku he murdered his wife and small child.  Haha, no way that moment would've been ok with the censors back in the day when regular ol' DBZ was a new thing on weekday afternoons...they probably would've cut that dialogue, or had the character just say they were "taken away" or something.

12 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Aw shiet.  It's all End of Evangelion in this bitch.  Fucking Unit 02 Barbatos is like the Devil Himself!  Sad ending, but if you watch IBO, then that ain't a spoiler.

EDIT:  damn.  I thought  he had gotten away.  Lead poisoning on the shitter.  😆  Clapped on the crapper. 🤣  You got what you deserved bitch.

IBO is def one of my favorite Gundam series.  I like how they did something really different with it.

18 hours ago, misterBee said:

IBO is def one of my favorite Gundam series.  I like how they did something really different with it.

true.  That series wasn't afraid to take any road in front of it, much like the characters in the series.  Speaking of series,  Next week we get a new one:  My hero Academia.  I haven't seen this one but I've heard a lot of good spoken on its name.  Guess Friday's outing will include a trip to ye old snack supply shop A.K.A. the local store.

Kinda random note, but I'm still cool with Black Clover.  I know a lot of people hate the pacing, but I'm a sucker for the underdog stories.  Probably comes from being born in a nowhere town myself, but whatever the reason, it's still good with me.  We'll see if the new stuff makes the weekend better or worse.  

...................Random question:  Was the so-called "king" of the area that the chimera king whacked supposed to look like a cross between Elvis and Kim Jong Un, or was that coincidence?  Considering how things have played out these days, I thought it worth mentioning.

Trunks tapped into the Brolly power up.  It's super..............................INEFFECTIVE!!

Vegetta:  DAMN!!! I'm Surrounded by cowards!! "

Oh great.  More Chi Chi.  

"Yelling at them isn't going to help."  Aw HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL NAW She didn't!!  Bitch, you ain't done shit in 30+years OTHER than that!!  Maybe they should grab up this chi chi and get her smashed up in the same way as the Other chi chi.

LOL@Piccolo.  Just...........................DAMN!!!  My man finally gets a chance to be the star, and Goku just stole all that shine.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

I was wondering if that was SSJ2 Trunks hit just now... or just something else....

haha Gohan is such a dork.

I'm looking forward to My Hero Academia tonight... was getting tired of waiting on that to hit U.S. television...finally that day is here.

sheeeeit, I'd go the same route as Zamasu in terms of the wish.... becoming completely invincible is one of the best things one could wish for...and he already has immortality....but yeah, in just about any "wishes scenario", that's one of the top tier game plans there... I want that immortal/invincible double-pack power.

Edited by MillionX

lol.

Goku: "Okay, I've almost got it........................Just a little..............."

WARNING: ENERGY CONTAINMENT SYSTEM FAILURE.  EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN ENGAGED.

Goku: "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....................!!!!"

Vegetta:"Dammit Kakarrot.  Twice in back to back shows mother fucker."

Edited by Deadly_Raver
58 minutes ago, misterBee said:

What season you on?

I'm guessing it's the very first episode.  It just came on a little while ago on, you guessed it, Toonami.  Here's hoping there will be a lot of them.  It isn't going all full throttle like Naruto or Bleach, but I'm cool with that.  👍  

Oh man.  This ep of HxH:  "Run boy run" won't leave my head now.  Thanks for nothing K's bro.

EDIT:  LMFAO!! a small recap of this episode is as follows:  

Edited by Deadly_Raver

so damn annoying that I always fall asleep on Toonami!  The goddamn commercial break after the end of DBZ, and bam I was in Dreamland.... My Hero was the MAIN reason I was even settled in to watch Toonami tonight... now to wait on OnDemand... I really should hook the goddamn VCR up again... oh yeah I still have one of those; it's faster than waiting on OnDemand, actually..... since cable stations don't do that pattern of repeating shit on the same night anymore. (AMC is the only one I think that still does that---like if you miss one airing of Walking Dead; it's no biggie because it will be on again about 2 hours later)

well, like I said above, it isn't starting off full throttle like Naruto or Bleach, which is a good thing IMO.  They're already starting to get me invested in next week with the small meeting between all might and Midoriya.  

LOL@Black clover getting pushed to the back of the bus the second My Hero Acadamia showed up.  I just hope they'll show me the whole thing and not yank it before the ending.

It's Saturday again and DBS just went off.  I like  watching my man Vegetta get some love, but  we know what  usually happens.  Here's hoping he at least gets some damage in on Goku Black.  I mean, just damn.  Let Vegetta get that Long overdue "W".  

Meh.  Somebody about to get spirit bomb'ed.  I'm kinda wishing they would blast those useless ass kais.  For all that they know, they don't know shit.

I'm guessing the JoJo episode was more of the same "stand user of the week" shit.... with this incredibly cool main villain continuing to tragically sit way in the background unused and forgotten 👎

My Hero Academia continues to be the real star of the lineup right now... great first impression there; I got caught up finally with the first episode then watched episode 2.  So.... I mainly check Toonami now for DB Super and My Hero Academia...and still for the DBZ repeats as well.

3 minutes ago, MillionX said:

I'm guessing the JoJo episode was more of the same "stand user of the week" shit.... with this incredibly cool main villain continuing to tragically sit way in the background unused and forgotten 👎

My Hero Academia continues to be the real star of the lineup right now... great first impression there; I got caught up finally with the first episode then watched episode 2.  So.... I mainly check Toonami now for DB Super and My Hero Academia...and still for the DBZ repeats as well.

Kinda.  It was Hol Horse and the boy with the comic book stand.  his name escapes me at the time, but it was the prediction book thing.  Ironically, it's the same one that got  his big brother blown to hell by a bomb for JoJo. I guess he should've read the spoilers. 

hmmmm.  This ep of HxH gonna be crazy.  For those who haven't seen it, I won't spoil anything.   I'll say this:  Get your snacks before you hit play.  Bring plenty.  Some old friends are going to stop by.

Looks like Horse and mondatta are out of the picture.  Still missing the Pat Metheny ending tho.  

• 2 weeks later...