Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Toonami thread: It's the weekend!!

hahaha it's like that little fat dude unleashed a giant red FART just now 😆

Sword Art has really turned around for me; earlier iterations of this series generally had nothing of interest happening at any point.

earlier on DB Super---I forgot that Goku actually went Ultra while fighting Kefla...it seems a bit crazy that he would need that to beat her, imo...then again it is a fusion so *maybe* that actually does make sense...

Black Clover:

.................Man, WHAT have I told you about trusting people with saw blades for teeth?!?!?  This is two weeks now.  If we do it again next week, that's what I call a STREAK OF STUPIDITY.  It's not like the jackass is hiding it either.  He's gonna fuck 'em over.  It's not a matter of if, but when.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

DB Super:  Kinda got in late tonight because I was playing Bloodstained.  I have to admit, this game is bringing the 2D  back. 👍

Yep.  Goku's got the silvermane back and kefla.........kefla's got abs.................and SSJ2.  Remember when they said the ring was made of some sort of indestructible material?  as the old saying goes,"That post didn't age well."  heh.  Well, here's hoping the fight gets on and go nuclear fast.  Gotta save some for bug face.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

hell yeah----this was it---THE greatest Kamehameha that has ever happened in the series....goddamn I can't get enough of that scene....I've described it for a lazy ass friend who never got caught up but kept telling him this is something you have to see for yourself...words don't even do it justice.  First time I saw that I had to sit down for a moment and reflect on the awesomeness I had just witnessed.

Man, I cannot STAND that damn Cart Titan.  I hate its face, I hate its voice, I hate its design, I hate the shadow it makes, I hate the paper it was drawn on, I hate the pencils they used to draw it, I hate the volume of air used by all the people within a 10 block radius of where it was created, I hate the rotation of the nearby planets during the time of its creation...............................

Truth be told, I ain't got no love for the damn thing.  I'm just sayin.

Man, that sneak move by Erin and Armin.  Now that is how you pull a sacrifice move.  Bertoldt, you big dummy. 

Edited by Deadly_Raver

sheeeeit, I never imagined I would be checking out Black Clover on a regular basis like this...the show had such a terrible first-impression.

hmm....brown-skinned girl with the short dark hair is a cute one...I'd ravage.

Back on My Hero for a sec... it just randomly hit me that it would be incredibly awesome to have the "XCOPY" power in that world.  I remember there was a character from several episodes ago that had the copy ability... I don't recall what kind of limitations he had on that, but that shit is always top tier in a world of so many powers to be copied.  AMAZO from Justice League Unlimited was a shining example of this concept.  The character was so ridiculously op, haha it was great.  They never even defeated him, actually...he just got bored with earth and eventually left.😆  Man, I'd take a copy superpower all day, especially if I could keep the stolen powers indefinitely, or even just for a reasonably long period of time.

hmm....Boruto---it's a damn shame they made Anko so fat in this series 😞  She was previously one of the underrated anime sexpots.

Edited by MillionX

holy shit what an episode....this part of Titan has been way better than the boring shit of the previous season.  

so...they apparently didn't have enough to make more than one syringe of that Titan "transformation" juice?

*whoahhhh such a cute ass redhead on this Discover card commercial.... hopefully they keep using her; I'll keep tabs if possible.

Edited by MillionX

SAO: 

LOL!!  The Pontifex is like,"What?  You think you're just gonna come in here and poke through these jugs with a few shards of ice?  NOPE!!"

I guess it's true what they say about armor for women.  The less it covers, the stronger it is.  That would explain her sitting around in midair butt naked.  It does give a whole new meaning to the phrase,"Breastplates". 

@MillionX  The redhead is nice, but I was unfortunate enough to watch the State Farm commercial with the Asian chick.  DAMN!! What they do to her face!?  It looks like somebody did a paint job over one of those old Jabawokees masks and told her,"Here. put this on."  Ain't no makeup gonna fix that.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
On 6/23/2019 at 6:40 PM, Deadly_Raver said:

well, looks like HxH is ending for now and will be replaced with my hot bot on bot action, better known as Gundam.  Why the hell are they putting it on at 2 am though?  It's a new f'ing show!!

Because after the anime boom of the early 2000s anime is niche again.  They're just gonna bring over the biggest and most obvious of titles and put them on a late night time slot because I don't think they get much return on investment for it.

If you don't want to pirate fansubs, in 2019 simulcasts are the new hotness.  Get a crunchyroll sub and watch episodes the same day they come out in Japan with subtitles.

TV anime has always lagged behind a LOT, and nowadays it's not the go-to source for western people to get anime anymore.

Didn't get up until now so..............DVR ACTIVATE!!!

Looks like the idiots decided to move one of the best series (MHA) to the back of the line, so we start with DBS:

Um, a 2 for 1 deal on destruction?   on top of that, Hundreds of Namekians Versus Piccolo.......................The fact that he won is proof that they were not meant to live.  YOU were the best Namekians your Universe had to offer?  yeah, frost could've BEEN stopped that shit. 

Oh Universe 2.  The power of love.......................Your highest art................is a heavy heart?  Really?  You tryin to get that gif spammed up in here? Well, they wouldn't see it anyway since.................

Okay now.  Pretty much all of the others are out of the ring.  Let's watch Vegetta get some shine on this...............you know, I never pay any attention to that guy's name.  Whatever he is, he's most likely toast next week anyway, so screw it. 

SAO:

Man, the ol' hostage negotiation thing NEVER works when one side has all the power.  I mean, c'mon.  Ms. purple pleasures up there has the ULTIMATE bouncer on her side and she locked all of you in the club with it.  Exactly WHY do you think that she would honor a sacrifice play this late in the game?  She hasn't exactly proven to be a pillar of virtue.

I will give her credit though.  It was awfully sporting of her to wait while you formed some plan that could possibly beat her.........and wreck her golem.  I somehow managed to say that without giggling. 

Still:  Yugioh of Longiness FINALLY managed to put a dent in her.  Was it good for you Pontifex? 

LOL!!  And she landed on his crotch to deliver his eulogy.  I love it.  If he was still conscious, he probably did too.

Black Clover---hahah that was a hilarious moment; random mushroom face pops up out of nowhere on Noel's shoulder saying "ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?!" like the John Cena meme I've seen recently 🤣....and her reaction: "whoah what's going on here?!?!"

...and I am not sure what they hell they're thinking moving My Hero way over to 2:30....I woke up just in time for 9:30 as usual only to see Family Guy coming on...what in THE hell, CN... I was thinking they regarded this as their major player...the prime of the lineup.  This, DB Super and Attack on Titan are probably the hottest things in that block at the moment

Edited by MillionX

Meh.  I'll be catching up piece by piece.

DBS:  Great.  The destroyer god that looks like a yellow rat..........acts like a yellow rat.  Smoke, mirrors, and the invisible man.  Personally, I'm just glad that rat boy got his show cancelled by the Omni Kings.  I wonder if we can get them to do some work on our behalf..............On Disney.................

EDIT:  .................AND AN INSECT!?!!?!?!?  NIGGA, YOU REALLY CAME TO THE LAST FUCKIN' DANCE WITH A BUNCH OF FUCKING SIDESHOW FREAKS!?!?!??!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!?!?!?!?  YOUR WHOLE DAMN UNIVERSE IS AT STAKE AND YOU THOUGHT YOU WOULD WIN THE BIG PRIZE WITH NOTHING BUT CHEAP TRICKS!!!  YOU DESERVE TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE SECTION OF HELL WHERE YOU GET YOUR ASS WHIPPED FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!!  WASTING MY DAMN TIME LIKE THAT!!!  OMNI KING, DO THE DAMN THING!!!

Edited by Deadly_Raver

On SAO:

"And it was on this day that Deadly Raver finally understood the terrible power of weaves."  Tried to choke homie out with her pubes.

Okay. I know it wasn't really, but let's face it.  If I didn't crack raunchy jokes, nobody else would.

............................Oh shiet.  Looks like I was wrong about that.  Perv boy with the last minute save?  He wasn't the hero we wanted.  He wasn't the hero we deserved.  He probably wasn't even the hero we needed.  Let's face it.  He wasn't a hero at all, But in the end he's the one who kicked the witch off her broomstick and emptied her lifebar, so he gets the "W".  Kill stealers in the House.  You know you hate us, but you can't do nothing about us.  The pontifex got the "L" shoved right up her ass.........next to perv boy's fingers I'll bet.  She had great power, but her poor choice in Armor was her downfall in the end....................among other things.

EDIT:  Um, what the.................From a sword fight with ms. peek a boo pontifex, to a gunfight with who knows who?  This shit started slow and boring, but they most certainly kept their feet on the accelerator with each episode from there on.  Respect given.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
  • 3 weeks later...

Gen: loc

......................Okay.  Since I missed the first one I'm catching this one as my intro.  My assessment:  NOT IMPRESSED.

First, Let's get off the damn feels.  They pretty much spent the first five minutes emasculating anything with a "Y" chromosome, then he (Apparently, he's the only guy in the show with a name) can't get off of looking at pictures of his mama long enough to get into the job.........................and it's a BIG job.  This enemy is sporting some serious firepower.  Nano-tech "Killer clouds"?  Man, GGP-to-the-fuckin-O!!  However, if EMP weapons are as effective as what I saw against it,  you should've been doing that a LOT earlier.  Just sayin. 

After the break:

.............................Oh great.  He's dead.  I guess that Ejector Seat malfunction didn't repair itself in time.  Don't worry.  It's fatal, but not permanent.  You'll understand if you watch it.

Oh yeah.  The troops just don't seem to understand keeping your head in the game during a skirmish.   Quit worrying about your girlfriend/boyfriend when there are bullets flying all over the place!  This is how people lose a leg in battle............literally for the mech pilot.  I'm kinda surprised we haven't all been wiped out yet if THESE are the people we have holding down the line. 

Well, just when all hope is lost.............................IN COME SOME FUCKIN' SUPER BOTS!!  They fuck up the enemy like they ain't shit!!  They save the day like  MERICA! FUCK YEAH!       Naturally, the chick who's name I can't remember gets all bossy and starts demanding to know what those new robots are.  For reasons that have NEVER worked in the history of storytelling, her superior bends over and gives her the lowdown. 

..............And that's as much as I intend to say about it.  I'm gonna try to suffer through next episode, but I'm not feeling it.  Not at all.  The storytelling isn't drawing me in as much as making me make the Saitama "ok" face.  I know it's only one ep, but I'm not getting invested in any of these characters.  I'm really hoping next ep will change that.  I guess we'll see in a week.

Fire Force:

Hmmm................It's different.................and that's saying a LOT.  The two characters, shinra the fire devil and Author the knight are already doing the rivals thing.  This one story and......................W...........T..............F...............

We've got characters, story, a mysterious antagonist, a cool boss (Sorry.  His name escapes me at this time) working with the two mains, and a decent looking supporting cast.  Even though I didn't see the first ep, I know everything I need from this one ep.  Apparently, people can be consumed by spontaneous combustion, which causes them to become living wildfires.  Because of this, a special team of fire fighters, named "Fire force" help to combat these special emergencies.  Ironically,  it looks like nearly every member of the fire force is a Pyrokinetic of some sort.  If you ask me, that would be the LAST person I would want to take into a situation involving fire, but oh well.  I guess we'll see how well it works out in future episodes.

6 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Shokugeki no soma  A.K.A.  Food Wars

LMAO!!  This is about cooking, but damn if it ain't got more action than some of the so-called "action" animes.  No lacking of comedy either.  One taste is an episode within itself it seems.

They finally got around to putting this one on TV huh? You're in for a wild ride.  I bet CN censors it though...

3 minutes ago, misterBee said:

They finally got around to putting this one on TV huh? You're in for a wild ride.  I bet CN censors it though...

It's been here about a month, but I've been sleeping on it.  Yeah, CN will definitely censor it, but hopefully it won't be too much.  They let the Pontifex bounce around butt ass nekkid after all, so we'll see what happens.

it shouldn't be a surprise to me at this point, but it's a bit annoying that this purple-haired dude has a woman's hairstyle on the Gundam show.  Watching it on mute for a while I could've sworn that was a female character.  I see it often in anime; this one is tame compared to other examples, but it's just silly and stupid to draw a supposedly "male" character to look female, imo....

y'know... this is how it usually plays out with Gundam shows for me... they always just end up being "background" and I never REALLY pay attention to what's going on in them.

Boruto just repeatedly fails to hold my attention...fuck that show, man....and I'm not sure what the hell is up with Naruto Shippuden doing super-flashbacks to the old era for entire episodes the past few weeks.

Edited by MillionX

late as hell but...............

MHA:

So Deku and kaachan finally trading blows eh?  Not half bad despite them both holding back.  It's a fight that didn't need to happen, yet it still needed to happen.  Kinda funny that they end up on clean up duty.  I guess sweeping away the old to make room for the new?  I just wish they wouldn't put it on at the tail end of the night.  Does CN have no concept of how to do this?

Gen: Loc

Yeah, fuck this show.  I can already see this is going to be a bag and a half of SJW shit.  They can keep it.  White man's a spy, the rest of the team is from anywhere but America, the Japanese guy knocks himself out in his first move...........................They can save this shit.  I'm not buying.

• 2 weeks later...

meh.  Deactivated PSVue and therefore all TV, but I did watch DBS via Kissanime and now using Crunchyroll.

Still got a few weeks to go before bug face gets his, but rabbit boy finally bites the dust.  I'm a bit disappointed though.  Gohan never even went SSJ through the whole fight and it's the battle for the universe?  Failure Gohan.  Failure.

yeah Gohan is such an odd case, man... the classic case of unrealized huge potential.

...I just realized.. I don't recall him going SSJ 2 again after the fight with Cell, actually...he used the "Mystic" upgrade when he got that, and occasionally regular SSJ1, I think?  Sometimes I wonder how the Dragonball franchise would've played out if Toriyama went ahead with Gohan as the new main hero permanently, with Goku staying dead...perhaps occasionally popping up in spirit form only to advise his son on his latest battles.  It probably would've been a bit more interesting, imo... with Gohan starting off as an annoying little kid that cries all the time, as they often do...going from that to a kid that ends up saving the world from a nearly unstoppable threat.  If I were in the writer/director's seat I probably would've just gone that route. 

I like Geekdom's channel; he had a good vid about the character recently, where they rambled about what if Gohan *didn't* stop training

Edited by MillionX
  • 1 month later...
  • misterBee changed the title to The MEGASHOCK Toonami thread: It's the weekend!!