Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

Interested to see how this drive system works in motion. Reminds me of an evolution of the block meter and alpha counter mechanics in the alpha games. Looks like they want lots of tools this time around.

Kind of interesting you start with a full drive meter, similar to discussions we had about vtrigger in SFV starting full instead of as an explicit comeback mechanic.

10 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Modern and Classic controls detailed.

HjroJKq.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

ALB2dtp.jpg

Special moves is a button using Modern controls.

FeZ4l9y.jpg

pgorXRI.png

Multiple supers are also confirmed.

FHO3wiF.jpg

Modern also has auto-combos

4Pi0SiG.png

Classic controls has the series usual inputs including six buttons over Modern’s four.

CRwfGWu.jpg

suP2Rf9.png

Uh oh.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Alright reading this.

I already hate the Drive System.

And now SF got Auto-Combo.

I instantly lost 70% of my interest in the game.

Yeah reading this my hype is already in the gutter. 

Parries and Focus Attacks in the same game is extremely sus (and unoriginal).

6 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

My feelings on the individual mechanics aside, I feel like there is way too many things tied to the one drive bar. Half dozen mechanics tied to one resource feels like Capcom trying to copy ArcSys homework again 

Well they did a poor Job doing that everytime.

Gotta keep that track record clean!

6 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

Can only hope that this is similar timing to a fully charged FA

This would probably be the most reasonable assumption. Maybe it will be kind of like a dust attack in Guilty Gear (or really any reactable overhead attack) where you will have to be aware of the animation to not get hit? I would be surprised if it was a very fast attack given it's properties.

Just now, Vhozite said:

Chun parrying hados in the live commentary video already makes me want to die

I'm willing to bet there'll be something tied to the daigo parry in this game. Maybe something minor like a trophy but mark my words it'll be in there

5 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

Autocombos are nothing new I just don't them to be getting max damage combos . 

I got a Tekken friend REALLY into Blazblue with the autocombo system there (Chrono Phantasma, iirc) - once he got the timing and movement down, he was great, and ditched it. That's my hope for this implementation. Sufficiently weakened, but good training wheels.

3 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

I got a Tekken friend REALLY into Blazblue with the autocombo system there (Chrono Phantasma, iirc) - once he got the timing and movement down, he was great, and ditched it. That's my hope for this implementation. Sufficiently weakened, but good training wheels.

Yeah I'm keeping in mind you're losing half your normals in that control scheme and possibly more if there's input normals. So they should lose out on certain strings but we'll see. 

Somebody screenshotted the modern controls page and people on Twitter started commenting thinking that was the games only setting 🤣

My one friend who doesn't enjoy fighting games as much is intrigued by this open world character development thing. I think this combined with the modern controls thing might help bring in some more casual players. I like the idea of "making" your own fighter and duking it out for fun with friends.

Cammy with a fireball is finally happening.

1 minute ago, Phantom_Miria said:

The rumors about Capcom maybe toning down the sexyness to appease the Twitter puritans might be overplayed.

At the very least it seems that Capcom decided to continue the tradition of expanding Chun-Li's thighs with the new game like the Qing dynasty expanded China's borders:

Considering how many sexy costumes she got in SFV and internet being horny for Lady Dimitrescu from RE8 Capcom knows to not remove the thirst. 

So supers are a separate gauge with stocks that's used only for supers, and ryu already has 3 supers. Are they going to make you pick a super or are they all usable at once...

The drive gauge refilling over time is interesting but if I'm reading it right the whole thing is available at round start? Woof lol

the italian "legionary style" (she got a gladius on her neck) mma girl with red hair and black gold costume

sf-new

somebody should go find the whole list of the leaker, because at this point is confirmed he got legit insider info

He also talked about a "Yun and Yang cousin" or something

Edited by CESTUS III