Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

Really weird to compare FF7 and SF2, they have a totally different weight to their respective franchises. SF2 IS SF, the franchise owes everything to that game, and there's a very easy argument that the whole genre of fighting games owes everything to that game. FF7 is monstrously successful and engrained into culture as a franchise unto itself, but it is ultimately just the fattest of several golden geese in the FF series. 

SF2 is an origin, FF7 is a landmark. Square enix milks FF7. Capcom does not "milk" sf2, it either gives that game the burnt offerings it is due or suffers wrath lol

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Rather they call him M.Bison honestly. It makes more sense. 

I would agree. Problem is just that for me I grew up naming him Balrog, so it would be hard getting used to him being named M.Bison. But I agree it does make more sense.

42 minutes ago, Sonero said:

You better put some respect on Paul Phoenix's name. Outside of Heihachi, Paul is the only person to have beaten Kazuya clean in tournament. Dude may be the biggest nut in the Tekken universe but he is a Godlike martial artists.

😤

Paul also should have been the official winner of Tekken 3, he beat ogre CLEAN. His only crime is he didn't know like an hour after being beaten ogre would turn into true ogre who Jin then fought.

Paul has no bullshit magic powers, he's just a tough ass redneck idiot and he can hang with gods and demons.

Edited by EvilCanadian
38 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hey man, I don't even like Tekken and I know that's Video Game Chuck Norris.

Paul = Chuck Norris

M.Law = Bruce Lee

F.Law= Brandon Lee

Lei = Jackie Chan

For the Tekken hardcores, did I miss anyone?

Appearance wise, Raven is clearly based on Wesley Snipes’s Blade. The Kings take from Fray Tormenta, a Mexican wrestler who supported an orphanage with his matches. Him wearing the Jaguar mask is a reference to another Tormenta expy, Tiger Mask. I think that is it for real life, but some other characters are based on anime and movies.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

Appearance wise, Raven is clearly based on Wesley Snipes’s Blade. The Kings take from Fray Tormenta, a Mexican wrestler who supported an orphanage with his matches. Him wearing the Jaguar mask is a reference to another Tormenta expy, Tiger Mask. I think that is it for real life, but some other characters are based on anime and movies.

Yeah I can't believe I missed Raven, he's like a fusion of Blade and Simon Phoenix.

5 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Him wearing the Jaguar mask is a reference to another Tormenta expy, Tiger Mask. I think that is it for real life, but some other characters are based on anime and movies.

Tiger Mask has nothing to do with Fray Tormenta, however. The manga Tiger Mask was first published in 1967, and Tormenta debuted in the ring in 1978. It's a case of life imitating art.
King however absolutely could've been influenced by Tormenta, but only for the priest thing. All of his moves reference real or fictional wrestlers, the vast majority of them Japanese.

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
19 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Tiger Mask has nothing to do with Fray Tormenta, however. The manga Tiger Mask was first published in 1967, and Tormenta debuted in the ring in 1978. It's a case of life imiting art.
King however absolutely could've been influenced by Tormenta, but only for the priest thing. All of his moves reference real or fictional wrestlers, the vast majority of them Japanese.

For some reason, I thought the series started in the 80s. Cool fact though, thank you for informing me. 

7 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

For some reason, I thought the series started in the 80s. Cool fact though, thank you for informing me. 

I suppose that's because the first real wrestler to use the Tiger Mask gimmick was Satoru Sayama in 1981, when Antonio Inoki acquired the rights of the character from its creator Ikki Kajiwara. 1981 was also when the second animated series of Tiger Mask debuted, three days before Sayama's debut as Tiger Mask, in an obvious marketing move to promote his enormously successful stint.

9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

https://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/alansnider.jpg

But more recently wink at Joe Lewis too

9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Paul = Chuck Norris

M.Law = Bruce Lee

F.Law= Brandon Lee

Lei = Jackie Chan

For the Tekken hardcores, did I miss anyone?

If we stick to Kung Fu movies world, ever thought Feng Wei was supposed to be the sharp badass Jet Li next to more light-hearted Lei/Jackie Chan

If we say influences on general i think

King = Tiger Mask

Heihachi = Edajima Heihachi (manga character)

Jack = Terminator

Bryan = Roy (Bladerunner)

Anna = Nikita

Raven = Blade

Josie = JeeJa Yanin

Marduk = Nathan Jones

Possible

Leroy = Ghost Dog movie?

Paul = Joe Lewis + jojo Polnareff?

Katarina = Megan Fox?

Feels like SF6 is gonna make people flex their execution a bit in some areas. You don't have a wide ass open cancel window like in 5. So don't expect to go in with the idea that you can do that type of stuff in it here.

DP shortcut from SF4 is back. That's been 3 different games where doing downforward, downback, downforward gets you a DP. Might as well make that the new motion for it at this point.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Feels like SF6 is gonna make people flex their execution a bit in some areas. You don't have a wide ass open cancel window like in 5. So don't expect to go in with the idea that you can do that type of stuff in it here.

DP shortcut from SF4 is back. That's been 3 different games where doing downforward, downback, downforward gets you a DP. Might as well make that the new motion for it at this point.

Overall how tough is the execution in street fighter 6? I know they aren’t bringing back 1f links, but is it a big difference from 5? 

I have this for years now except for years now.

I always wanted a story brief about how the switching of name happens in a NARRATIVE way.

I have posted some bits of this in SRK by playing with perspective, but I have figure out in the pandemic. starting with Balrog and Mike which I posted in different forum.

by making it a mistake on reports and data among the Shadaloo Henchman that have barely information, because they operate in secret and in the shadows thus confusing them and data about there documented profile in the 80s and 90s were un refined

Almost of their mission are either assassination of someone that is an obstacle to Shadaloo's goal, that making the info about them before alpha timeline are only known through gathered from either far distance or just glimpses of them or what's left in the scene. 

kinda like how myth and legends are told similar to the JACK THE RIPPER because the WITNESS that had glimpse of them were survivors but weren't their TARGET. Everything known about JACK THE RIPPER were mostly speculation

Since this was after and before Alpha not when they became seen and expose to the rest of the cast like Chunli, Nash and Guile.

The story takes place aftermath of Alpha during Bison first defeat.

it start of Boxer reminiscing his past and the days he got into Shadaloo without knowing his past life as Mike.

While him now declaring himself as the new big leader of the Shadaloo during Dictator's recovery and absence after he got obliterated in Alpha

That Boxer quicky rise to ranks and became henchman thag Dictator can rely into more than Claw that is selective of his missions.

1.  Boxer story took place After SF1
  2.  Boxer first mission and when he became finally a high ranking henchman of Shadaloo because of Claw being unreliable. Before SFAlpha
  3.  Boxer ruling of Shadaloo for a brief period, because Bison is obliterated in Alpha. After SFAlpha.
  4.  Dictators new Body CCTV footage. Before SF2 took place.

Some kind of a short story named SHADALOO RISING. its something I have been thinking for along period of time but i haven't had tools to do it. the backstory Boxer and Claw and how the mistake happened on switching names that the mistake was from them being like how jack the ripper is perceive and the lack of basis regarding their identities.

4 hours ago, Illwill88 said:

Overall how tough is the execution in street fighter 6? I know they aren’t bringing back 1f links, but is it a big difference from 5? 

It's not very difficult. There is a bit of a higher ceiling than SFV which is nice. Definitely will reward you more for situational awareness (1-hit confirming, efficient use of resources, etc) than raw execution ability.

They're really stretching this shit out with DNF. And quite honestly the publisher is horribly mismanaging the project 

It had massive gaps between info dumps re-release, it had next to no advertisement, it's not at two consecutive EVOs, people had to wait for months on end for balance patches, the first DLC character was teased *last year* and is only coming sometime during Summer, the other season pass roster members haven't been confirmed yet we're supposed to shell out money essentially a year in advance since the final character won't be out until 2024, and NOW THAT arc tour ended we don't even know if it'll comeback for another competitive league 

22 hours ago, Daemos said:

The poll is over and the battle is won. It is Master for now, but the long hard road back to SF6 has just begun… thank you to those who supported and continue to support our campaign for evil.

He would thank you in person but he’s a very busy man and can’t be late.

looks like his still floating in that *drive* capsule hopefull he'll get something new and better now.

Weird, I didn't see any Deja Vu clones at all in the new Bedman trailer. That was like his main mechanic in Xrd. 

I really want to see his gameplay walkthrough, I'm curious if Delilah actually serves some purpose in Bedman's gameplay or if she's purely there for added flair like Celica A. Mercury in BlazBlue. Maybe she controls her Brother's Deja Vu clones now? Or maybe Bedman got completely retooled like so many other characters 

1 hour ago, Jocelot said:

Weird, I didn't see any Deja Vu clones at all in the new Bedman trailer. That was like his main mechanic in Xrd. 

I really want to see his gameplay walkthrough, I'm curious if Delilah actually serves some purpose in Bedman's gameplay or if she's purely there for added flair like Celica A. Mercury in BlazBlue. Maybe she controls her Brother's Deja Vu clones now? Or maybe Bedman got completely retooled like so many other characters 

Yeah, it looks like Deju Vu is gone. Some seems to think there will be a mechanic with how close Delilah is to the bed since it has animations that seem to change when they are in proximity. Maybe their moves get stronger when they are together? Who knows.

I saw that Bedman? still has something resembling the 8-way dash he had in Xrd.

11 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Of course not, it's Strive - a game where every single character is dumbed down 

Jacko 100 percent takes more brainpower in strive than xrd lol

Then again Xrd jacko was a uniquely awful design, so maybe that was inevitable. Otherwise, you are right though

3 hours ago, elliephil said:

What is this cube thing with dnf? Is it like TOP from Garou?

Apparently it's like an Ism select, based on the presentation at Arc Revo you have two choices - one cube gives you less powerful Awakening but it activates at 50% HP left, the other is more powerful awakening but you have to be at 30% or less, just like currently. They're basically expanding the strategy pre-match a bit 

17 minutes ago, delete_me said:

How big is arcSys these days? Seems a bit nuts to me that they manage to support three games in parallel (even four during the time they did the last updates for FighterZ).

They're not developing these games entirely on their own 

For dbfz they had support from Bandai Namco (sound team, publishing, developers) 

For GBVS they had support from Cygames (music, writing, etc) 

For DNF they mostly utilised help from Eighting (design wise) 

I'd assume all of those projects also had additional developers for coding, polishing, UI, graphics 

Team Blue is also mostly free since BlazBlue is dead and is a significant chunk of ArcSys, while Team Red is primarily focused on Strive, including Ishiwatari himself 

So I'm not too surprised they're juggling this many games all at once. The biggest question is how many coding staff they had to dedicate for rollback implementations in each project, including previous titles 

And of course we don't k ow if they're secretly cooking up another new fighting game (persona 5 arena cope) 

On 3/9/2023 at 7:26 PM, Shakunetsu said:

yes it was before A3 take over, and it stopped during the darkage that in 98 to 2006 no normies cared much with SF2 that much anymore to normies. HSF2 was a dead game to SF normies it wasnt even release on PSP nor released on virtual console

if USF2 didnt have those edge lord characters SF normies wouldnt care on it. those guys arent into competitive or 1:1 perfect ports those are into content and tons of characters. the aftermath of fgc darkage is when SF2 gets a bit of love again from SF normies but if there is simultenous released of A3 with new modes and sf2 new modes in nintendo switch while needing to choose one over the other. many normies would go for A3.

ACSHUALLYYYYY.....

SF2 WW, CE, and HF saw PSP releases as.part of the Capcom Arcade Collection, and I believe there was a version of SF2 released on GBA but someone.would have to check me on that. HSF2 had control issues (charging mainly that affected Vega and Guile) so that game wasn't taken all too seriously, plus CE Dictator ran the show I think.

USF2 is actually a really.good game too, it's just that old heads don't want to learn new things and that it's trapped on the Switch.

Edited by DoctaMario