Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

and I believe there was a version of SF2 released on GBA but someone.would have to check me on that

yup the ST revival, what i mean by that is normies in the darkage cared more of A3 over SF2 regardless in PSP, PS2 and GBA.

in fact HDRemix project as first choice was even A3 but because of it's most tedious and costly they went with ST to be Remixed

So I think A3 was more akin to FF7 as for popularity to normies 

while SF2 was more than FF7, I feel it's an understate to SF2 achievement and influence to compare it with FF7 .

FF3 was the one that revolutionize FF series identity.

while SF2 is both greater than FF3 and FF7 because SF2 not just only revolutionize it's series nor the FG genre but the whole Arcade Culture and the gaming scene to be more PVP oriented.

SF2 is more comparable to Doom not FF7, that made a template and spawned clones.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/jan/16/did-you-know-capcom-wanted-do-alpha-3-instead-hd-remix-they-scrapped-2500-animation-frames-development/

https://www.videogamer.com/features/exclusive-rebalancing-street-fighter-2-hd-remix-3/

Capcom really wanted Alpha 3. That’s not seen as a good tournament game. And also even if you wanted to do Alpha 3 the number of characters are so large that it’s an even bigger project. Alpha 2 characters are sub set so it just makes sense to do Alpha 2 first and then do Alpha 3 second, if you really wanted to get to Alpha 3. They also wanted to do 3rd Strike but 3rd Strike has a lot of animation. It has maybe three times as much and you saw how much of a struggle it was to even finish HD Remix.

VideoGamer.com: So why did Capcom want to do Alpha 3?

DS: They just really liked Alpha 3! It has all these different versions, and it’s been ported to PSP, and Anniversary Collection, every time they add some new features to it and add some new characters to it. I don’t know, I guess they think it sells well. Maybe the really casual crowd likes that game but it’s mostly rejected by the hardcore crowd. So anyway there’s all these different possibilities of what to do. I said my advice is to start with Super Turbo because it’s the first in a progression, it’s a good game and I know a lot about it so I’m going to be the most effective on that one. And they did.

VideoGamer.com: So when were you told you had the green light from Capcom?

DS: I really don’t remember. It would have been a few months before we first announced Puzzle Fighter (April 2007).

Edited by Shakunetsu

You ever consider that the GG series was always bloated as all fuck?  GG and BB are series that live by just jamming shit in.  Fucking easy to live life when the answer to everything is: "well we'll just add a new move".

The only thing Strive has shown about ASW design philosophy is that there are certain basic shit about an FG they can't get right. So a lot of their games had a bunch of system mechanics as band aids to whichever new fuck up they were going to do.

There's difference between removing bloat (which everybody agreed needed to go, such as weight classes which only created convoluted combo routes per character) and targeting normies 

The fighting game developers can't seem to find the middle ground between those two things for the life of theirs, ArcSys included. Capcom's attempt with SF6 might genuinely be the first time in over a decade where a fighting game is actually properly designed for all skill levels 

Strive still has weight classes. Some characters have routing to take advantage of extra oki that's situational (wall slump stuff), you can go into weird reset type situations from random routes, IB and FD do a lot of subtle stuff that impacts gameplay...

At this point people look at a characters move list, don't see 20 billion things and just write it off as being dumbed down. But then when ASW adds buff that actually dumbs down gameplay, those get praised.

funny how that works :coffee:

For some reason SF is trending on Twitter where when you type in the hashtag you can an emote of Chun-Li. But normally when stuff like this happens it's usually stated by the main Twitter account for why it's happening  usually to promo something. I wonder if the code monkey's fucked up or something. Just seems odd to shadow drop this.

17 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

What's the bedframe's general playstyle?  Zoning? Mixup? Setup? 

Bedman is a weird character, he could actually control the screen pretty well with his 1/2/3HS normals in Xrd and had a good anti air 6P and since he's so big he could snipe air dashers pretty easily (so easy I could do it).

End of the day tho he's definitely a setup character. End combos with his tatsu, use Deja Vu tatsu and YRC to vortex them to the corner. He was pretty unga but also pretty galaxybrain all at once. Definitely the most fun character in Xrd imo. 

9 hours ago, Sonero said:

You ever consider that the GG series was always bloated as all fuck?  GG and BB are series that live by just jamming shit in.  Fucking easy to live life when the answer to everything is: "well we'll just add a new move".

The only thing Strive has shown about ASW design philosophy is that there are certain basic shit about an FG they can't get right. So a lot of their games had a bunch of system mechanics as band aids to whichever new fuck up they were going to do.

The only GG game I might agree is bloated is Accent Core/AC+R, but imo it isn't even bloated in a bad way. The game just gives you options based on your skill level rather than making  everybody at every skill level do the same thing and calling it good. If you're a basic bitch, you can use burst to get them off you, if you're a little more advanced, you can go Dead Angle Attack. Same with Faultless Guard vs IB or slashback (I guess, I don't know that ive ever seen anyone use slashback.) So while there are more beginner friendly ways to accomplish things, there's incentive for players to get good and be able to conserve resources to do those same things.

Thing is, people have this exaggerated idea of how complex the games are because they see long ass combos and hear GG players sucking their own dicks talking about how complicated the game is, when in reality, it's probably actually one of the easier games to get started with due to Gatling combos, burst and Faultless Guard. I'm not saying they AREN'T complex, but they aren't as complicated as people make them out to be.

Edited by DoctaMario

There’s so much to unpack.

1. Geif has a new cr.LP animation.

2. His DR is the animation of his running bear grab  though that move is still in the game so that’s interesting.

3. His heavy kick got a new animation or maybe it’s a new command normal? I almost freaked thinking it was an overhead but rewatching it looks like it hits too high for that.

4. The punish counter trade in the second match was really fucking weird. This game is gonna have some really strange interactions.

5. His stand fierce charge came back from V and it looks like it still has armor. So that’s fucking nice lol 

6. Marisa’s counter move is a huge fucking ??? for me. I don’t understand how it works and it’s animation seems absurdly fast. It also seems like it counters fucking everything. Capcom needs to explain what the fuck that moves does. 

7. A bit after the 1:15 mark she’s does the weird hold move but then instant cancels it into a low. This shit is gonna be a scrub killer if gets more than just a basic counter off it. Capcom must really want Marisa to be popular lol 

8. Marisa’s lvl 3 CA is really impactful. Shit looks really good. 

Jesus they didn’t have to go this hard. Gief looks crazy. 

Edited by TWINBLADES

1 hour ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

This is awesome

Random stuff

-Very first kick (spinning heel kick) felt strange for Gief to me at first, then i realized has even if slighty different has been with him for LONG time lol

Spoiler

Close HK in SF2, at 0:11

-Charged HP returned and have armor

-Holy fuck jumping HK on counter hit sending you other side of the country looks fun

-Despite Marisa having likely higher HP than average, EX SPD and HP SPD seems to have fuck you damage. Expected, but not any less amusing

-He have a drop kick from the ground, seems new thing?

-SA3 seems the same as in the trailer, and Gief still have took no dmg... guess i was right saying it was not desperate version and we still have to see it

-Think @Miðgarðsormwas right saying slam+elbow being low throw, that suplex seems to be his forward throw

-Awesome detail i did'nt noticed at first, the heart shape left on your face by Marisa's SA3 is made by her twisting her knuckles on your face lol... her thumb goes from 5 o'clock to 1 o'clock creating the right half of the heart, the ❤️ shape make sense lol

5 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

I know @CESTUS III already said this but we still haven’t seen the CA version of Giefs level 3. People have been saying they felt like his level 3 was underwhelming so I really wanna know how much extra kick the CA version has. 

Tbh considering it usually does'nt change much beside one strike being different/added, i would be already satisfied if they replace the simple single SPD with

Super Street Fighter 4 - Zangief Ultra 1 Ultimate Atomic Buster on Make a  GIF

But an all new last move would be cool too, problem is good luck at find something that looks more powerful than SPD... Example SFV CA imho sucked

This shit is still the most epic Gief ever been

imagine it with big broken floor effect lol

4 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

I’m actually fascinated that you don’t know much about the game lol

the green bars are the EX meter. But unlike previous SF’s you start each round fully topped off. 

Was never really interested in sf6 but since theres apparently no new marvel game coming soon then I'll take what I can get. So you  start off with like 10 ex meters? So they function like any ex move in sf5? 

4 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Was never really interested in sf6 but since theres apparently no new marvel game coming soon then I'll take what I can get. So you  start off with like 10 ex meters? So they function like any ex move in sf5? 

Every round you start out with 6 drive stocks. Drive moves are the ex moves for this game and most of them cost 2 drive stocks.* If you are wondering about Supers, for once in the series they have their own separate bar and EX/Drive moves are not tied to them. However if you do end up using all of your drive gauge, you will be put into a disadvantageous state called Burnout. During that you can’t use any ex special or any of the other mechanics tied to Drive. 

*Luke has a gimmick where his ex specials can be enhanced even further, using 3 drive stocks instead of 2. As far as I know, he is the only character to have this distinction so far.