Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

7 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Every round you start out with 6 drive stocks. Drive moves are the ex moves for this game and most of them cost 2 drive stocks.* If you are wondering about Supers, for once in the series they have their own separate bar and EX/Drive moves are not tied to them. However if you do end up using all of your drive gauge, you will be put into a disadvantageous state called Burnout. During that you can’t use any ex special or any of the other mechanics tied to Drive. 

*Luke has a gimmick where his ex specials can be enhanced even further, using 3 drive stocks instead of 2. As far as I know, he is the only character to have this distinction so far.

Ah ok I think I kinda get the concept a little, I like that super bars are different than ex bars, that gives the game more hype moments if anything. But I lm guessing the drive mechanic is more than just the green bars or no? 

@MaravillaIf you meant that the drive is more than ex specials then yea. There’s a few things that can only be used with the drive gauge.

Parry: Blocks all attacks and can be held down. Parrying right as an attack hit gets you a perfect parry which gives the person parrying a bigger chance to punish the attacker. The drive gauge will constantly drain as long as you hold it.

Rush: A running dash. You can use it during a parry or canceling from a normal. It uses 1 bar when using a Parry and 3 when cancelled.

Impact: An armored move. It has two hits of armor with a third hit stopping the attack. If this attack counters someone, it crumples them to allow a follow up. If blocked, it will push the defender away. If blocked in the corner, it will cause a wall splat and allow the attacker to get some damage in. It costs 1 bar of drive.

Reversal: Your alpha counter in this game. When blocking, you can use this to get the attacking player off of you. Costs 2 bars.

All of this uses the Drive gauge which is built back up automatically. You can speed up the meter gain by attacking and perfect parrying. You can also lose drive by blocking, getting countered, and getting hit by a super. Losing all of your drive gauge puts you in:

Burnout: In Burnout you lose all of the techniques that uses drive. Along with that, you will have extra block stun and you will take chip damage. If you get wall splatted, then it acts as a stun. To get out of it, you will have to wait until your drive gauge gets to be full. But if you be aggressive and land some attacks then it will fill up faster.

Edited by BornWinner
56 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

@MaravillaIf you meant that the drive is more than ex specials then yea. There’s a few things that can only be used with the drive gauge.

Parry: Blocks all attacks and can be held down. Parrying right as an attack hit gets you a perfect parry which gives you the person parrying a bigger chance to punish the attacker. The drive gauge will constantly drain as long as you hold it.

Rush: A running dash. You can use it during a parry or canceling from a normal. It uses 1 bar when using a Parry and 3 when cancelled.

Impact: An armored move. It has two hits of armor with a third hit stopping the attack. If this attack counters someone, it crumples them to allow a follow up. If blocked, it will push the defender away. If blocked in the corner, it will cause a wall splat and allow the attacker to get some damage in. It costs 1 bar of drive.

Reversal: Your alpha counter in this game. When blocking, you can use this to get the attacking player off of you.

All of this uses the Drive gauge which is built back up automatically. You can speed up the meter gain by attacking and perfect parrying. You can also lose drive by blocking, getting countered, and getting hit by a super. Losing all of your drive gauge puts you in:

Burnout: In Burnout you lose all of the techniques that uses drive. Along with that, you will have extra block stun and you will take chip damage. If you get wall splatted, then it acts as a stun. To get out of it, you will have to wait until your drive gauge gets to be full. But if you be aggressive and land some attacks then it will fill up faster.

Wtf? This maufaka like chess then, dayum! This game seems like it's gonna take a long time to learn then. Man I envy all y'all who understand and grasp fighting games relatively fast, I got to bronze in SFV so I'm not very good, but at least im

definetely more interested in watching tourneys etc. for this game now. Anyways thank you and @TwinBlades and everyone who's replied to me, I appreciate it. 

6 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

Hondas only actual gameplay has been nothing but mashing

he's also by far the single least shown character of all 18

this is what is meant by no footage

Tbh should watch bright side and think we got him in vanilla cast, with his popularity problem his chances as DLC would have been far from granted

2 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Why? That's not how you play Honda?

no!

i made a whole video of honda propaganda and put it up yesterday just because Honda is getting the level of disrespect he is

and IT FUCKING WORKED

theres now a bunch of FGC zoomers that think Honda is interesting, E. Honda keeps on winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Do parries work just like ryus vskill parry? 

It's a stance in this. You can hold the MP+MK buttons together to make the stance last as long as you have drive meter. (The green bars under the health bar.) A successful parry gives you back drive meter; holding MP+MK with no successful parry drains the drive meter slowly.

The first two frames of parry can cause a "perfect parry" similar to 3rd strike. After frame 2, it does a normal parry with less frame advantage. You can do a "drive rush" out of the parry stance that works similar to FADC in sf4.

Edited by elliephil
1 hour ago, elliephil said:

It's a stance in this. You can hold the MP+MK buttons together to make the stance last as long as you have drive meter. (The green bars under the health bar.) A successful parry gives you back drive meter; holding MP+MK with no successful parry drains the drive meter slowly.

The first two frames of parry can cause a "perfect parry" similar to 3rd strike. After frame 2, it does a normal parry with less frame advantage. You can do a "drive rush" out of the parry stance that works similar to FADC in sf4.

Thanks. So parries can get baited I'm guessing? Like what happens if you try to try a party but the opponent doesn't throw out anything? You're vulnerable and can be punished right? 

1 hour ago, Maravilla said:

Thanks. So parries can get baited I'm guessing? Like what happens if you try to try a party but the opponent doesn't throw out anything? You're vulnerable and can be punished right? 

Yes, exactly right. Even if you delay a button to catch the regular parry instead of the perfect parry, it can be difficulty for them to get any reward/punish/etc.

Parry seems good against drive impact (armored move that acts similar to focus attack in sf4) so far from what I've seen.

Edited by elliephil
12 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

Appreciated!

Its not the first time I have ever had a million view month, but it is the first time without a new game or a new season of a game dropping. All on the back on SF6 hype mostly

We've kept our end of the bargain... Now you must keep yours. Use your platform to bring HIM back! :bison:

Here's something extra for your troubles.

Spoiler

Sexy monkey!

maxresdefault.jpg

3 hours ago, delete_me said:

And very ambiguous cross-ups, too, as it requires no directional input.

I’m gonna be honest I’m actually not a fan of this aspect. I think it’s weird that this is one of the reasons ppl shit on MK for having a block button (valid take) but it’s ok when SF does it with these omni-directional parries. Intuitively it doesn’t make since that you cannot know which way to block but you can know which way to deflect an attack. 

Capcom's esports manager got back to me last Friday and said she's forwarding my SFxT Steam fix through the proper channels to get some movement going. "No promises," she added, but having someone like that on my contact list should definitely come in handy not only to periodically poke at whoever covers that, but get my Street Fighter 6 event organizer ambitions a leg up. Capcom Cup was certainly productive in many ways. 

On 3/15/2023 at 9:46 AM, Maravilla said:

Wtf? This maufaka like chess then, dayum! This game seems like it's gonna take a long time to learn then. Man I envy all y'all who understand and grasp fighting games relatively fast, I got to bronze in SFV so I'm not very good, but at least im

definetely more interested in watching tourneys etc. for this game now. Anyways thank you and @TwinBlades and everyone who's replied to me, I appreciate it. 

Well when you get right down to it. Fighting games are basically a very dynamic chess game with lots and lots of pieces on the board. 

19 hours ago, Vhozite said:

I’m gonna be honest I’m actually not a fan of this aspect. I think it’s weird that this is one of the reasons ppl shit on MK for having a block button (valid take) but it’s ok when SF does it with these omni-directional parries. Intuitively it doesn’t make since that you cannot know which way to block but you can know which way to deflect an attack. 

I can see how it can look problematic on paper but I think we'll need to see how it pans out. The fact that it's limited to a resource for example makes it less obnoxious than a block button. Plus it can add to the mindgame aspect when your opponent is low on drive gauge and you try to bait the parry.

I try not to be too skeptical about the mechanics here because they're so interconnected through that one bar that it's hard to say how it'll all turn out.

On 3/16/2023 at 7:01 AM, Vhozite said:

Lemme help you with that real quick:

PARRIES ARE FUCKING TRASH.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Lemme help you with that real quick:

PARRIES ARE FUCKING TRASH.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

I like when it’s a character specific tool like Kolin’s counters but otherwise I agree. But there is a significant portion of the SF fan base that wanks to SF3 and moment 37 as the pinnacle of the genre so I’ve just accepted that it’s never gonna go away.