Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

44 minutes ago, Fatal Error XI said:

The only red flag I have with SF6 is that there's a PS4 version.  I'm assuming there's crossplay.  I know fighting games aren't the most demanding games out there, but I wonder if the PS4 being the lowest common denominator could effect the overall product. 

I'm not worried because the game is on the RE Engine. That engine runs games well on the Switch. If it were UE4, I'd be worried.

I like how Capcom took  parts of both designs when it comes to Juri's former costumes and incorporated them into her SF 6 look. 

Juri-concepts.jpg

Can clearly see how they mixed both to still retain mostly her SF4 look but also took some of the color pallet from her premium outfit SF5 that turned out to be widely popular ( bring back long hair Juri in 6 pls ). The black spider she now has on her chest is actually more similar to the one she wears on her back in her SF4 outfit.

Screenshot-2022-06-03-175202.jpg

They pulled this rebel badass while still sexy look for her. I can't complain, they did well and i'm really digging the hair over her eye.

Edited by Skort
6 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I skipped the vid on the bonus commentators for the match, but this one has actual gameplay in it:

On the second part of it you can see Chun parrying Ryu's fireballs for basically free and low effort. I don't know about all that right now.

theres also a part where luke seems to automatically switch to parry lows while parrying a jamie special

HMMMMMM

Edited by Shahenzan
5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

On the second part of it you can see Chun parrying Ryu's fireballs for basically free and low effort. I don't know about all that right now.

From what they've shown of the Drive system, Chun was probably burning gauge to do that.

4 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

theres also a part where luke seems to automatically switch to parry lows while blocking a jamie special

Yeah, it looks like Alex's V-trigger parry where you commit to a parry stance, but while you're in it it auto parries both highs and lows.  Can probably blow up the stance with a throw just like Alex too.

It also looks like you have to correctly time it to get a "perfect" parry, so I don't think you can just autopilot if you want to get the best payoff.

1 hour ago, Shahenzan said:

enjoy it while it lasts when they drop a beta everyone will go full DOOMER (unless capcom comes thru extremely hard which is within the realm of possibility)

Is capcom.

SFV was the same, then the beta happened, then the release where they took away everything that people liked from the announcement and the beta/betas 🤣

Taking a look at the two different parries situation. Think it may be that you get one parry for stuff that won't net a big punish and then the freeze for stuff they really want you to be able to bop somebody hard for doing.

In a similar vein to how different level of normals give different counterhit states in Strive.

6 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Chun was probably burning gauge to do that.

She would, but you get the drive gauge back on a successful parry. At least that's what it said on the image.

21 minutes ago, Sonero said:

She would, but you get the drive gauge back on a successful parry. At least that's what it said on the image

Rechecking that info, it says the gauge drains continuously while you're holding parry, but gets vague with  "replenish Drive Gauge when performed successfully". 

So I'm hoping that even successful parries are operating at a net negative

Edited by Reticently

I like the visual redesign of most characters. It really seems like Capcom tried to mix their fighting / default looks with a more urban / casual outfit as well. 

I guess it makes sense since the game is supposed to have this free roam part where you walk around Metro City. I don't expect them to let us walk around with the actual character,just the avatar nameless dude we get to make . But i dig it, some of  these designs really remind me of the good designs that  SF Duel art also has.

4 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Rechecking that info, it says the gauge drains continuously while your holding parry, but gets vague with  "replenish Drive Gauge when performed successfully". 

So I'm hoping that even successful parries are operating at a net negative

If I had to guess, I think it's like V-Shift. A successful parry would give you half your gauge back. Conversely, I think Perfect Parries would restore all the gauge used. Just a theory though.

3 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Something about her lower right leg, her calf, seems off to me in her new model.

The stance seems slightly different. Her right leg is being at the knee in SFVI. It's straighter in SFV. I like Chun over all but she does seems to need a little polish. Luke, Ryu, and Jamie look ready to go though. If no budget MvCi can tweak Chun then, clearly big budget, SFVI will.

18 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Also...Capcom needs to fix Chun's hairline up. Only real thing wrong with the model:

rnkjd4e15b391.png

I'm gonna be honest, SFV's Chun model looks way better to me than her new SFVI one.

The SFVI one isn't anywhere near Marvel Infinite tier, but it still seems like a downgrade compared to V to me.

It's something with the face, the hairline, and even the proportions a little bit.

Weirdly enough, Ryu and Luke seem to have better models.

9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The stance seems slightly different. Her right leg is being at the knee in SFVI. It's straighter in SFV. I like Chun over all but she does seems to need a little polish. Luke, Ryu, and Jamie look ready to go though. If no budget MvCi can tweak Chun then, clearly big budget, SFVI will.

Chun's standing posture is a deeper squat in 6.  I don't really mind it- it looks uncomfortable to hold, but she's a kung-fu master with tree-trunk thighs, so she's probably good.

It probably made sense to give her a lower center of gravity, as she apparently has a crouch stance now.  Less distance for the character model to travel between stances if she's low to the ground.

Edited by Reticently
12 minutes ago, elliephil said:

A friend pointed out that the pendant Ken is wearing is his wife's... maybe hard times hit him =(

Or maybe....you know, she just gave him the pendant for good luck in whatever fights he has.

C'mon man, don't need to kill the girl right off like that xD

Edited by Skort
4 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Yeah topping SFV Chun is gonna be hard

Yeah SFV Chun's model is virtual perfection. The only think I can say is better on the SFVI model is the cakes. I always thought Matsumoto gave off hood dude vibes, man keeps a clean shape up, Chun Li's cake is further confirmation. I mean where do you find a legit barber in Japan. 🤔

5 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Cammy is a WW. I don't know why we still do this ST meme when she's been in every SF and is always base roster. 

The World Warriors are literally just the first 8 characters from the first version of SF2. Cammy, Fei Long, Dee Jay and T. Hawk are usually refered to as the new challengers since that was the subtitle to Super Street Fighter 2.

8 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Gonna throw this out there:

I have a good suspicion that the tunic he has is red because Oro gave him part of his outfit after training  him.

You know.

Is kind of Sad that Ryu is not allowed to evolve gameplay wise to reflect his lore simply because he is meant to be the basic character that newcomers can default to.

4 minutes ago, elliephil said:

He looks pretty disheveled and sad looking... maybe she took the kids 😨

Eliza: Tell me your not doing it again!

Ken (hiding his hands): Doing what?!

Eliza: You know what I’m talking about! You’re using again!

Ken: It’s not what it looks like! 

Eliza (grabs Ken’s hands): I knew it! You’re mashing DP on wake-up again aren’t you?!

Ken: It’s just this once! They won’t see it coming. I’ll hit it once then I’m done!

Eliza: I’m tired of your lies! Are you at least on a wired connection this time?

Ken:…..

Eliza (through tears): it’s over! I’m taking the kids and you’ll never see us again!

I love what I'm seeing so far. The strong emphasis on single player content looks great to me.

As someone who also enjoys zoning, the parries do give me pause, but I feel like the easiest way to balance this is to not have the parry restore any bar if it interacts with a fireball. If someone has to use up all their meter, the same meter they'd need to do offensive EX moves, that seems like it wouldn't ruin fireball zoning.

I might be the only one, but I'm hype to see Dee Jay back. I hope they lean into his Sobat style and make him less of a Guile clone.

Come to think of it, I think this leak might be a good thing. Considering the majority of the cast are original characters, now there won't be that cycle of getting worked up over character reveals and disappointed when it's someone new. Now we know who's coming, but it will still be exciting to see how they all play when the trailers come.