Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

Hello all , as i said before i like to make renders with the characters i like and put them in day to day scenarios that you may or may not find them as often in other artworks. Juri is here and relaxing near a cozy fire ,reading a book and just having a good time. Why she setup a hammock there ? Idk, but she did. What is she reading ?  I like to believe it's a book called  "A guide to instant dive kicks and how to abuse them".

Juri-relaxing-1.jpg

Spoiler

Juri-relaxing-3.jpg

Juri-relaxing-2.jpg

Those are some renders i made, however i am also experimenting in creating some mods for SF6. It's a bit tricky as i am not experienced with modding as much and a lot that i learned while working with the SFV models does not apply to RE models. However here is an early preview of what i'm working on for Juri.

Have a good one =] 

Juri-mod-2.jpg

Spoiler

Juri-mod-1.jpg

Juri-mod-3.jpg

20 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Damn that Taki. Looked up her up online and...

Hide contents

Cosplay sucks you horny bastards. Eat this L for thinking you were gonna find anything in this spoiler tag.

If you click on this just know you never blocked he mix, never teched the throw and you're bad at FGs.

Spoiler

The real losers would have hoped it was Talim. Freaks. 

Edited by Psychoblue

I can't believe how much of Toshinden I forgot about despite owning and playing the crap outta that game.   I think I remember the 2nd game more?  I remember playing as Gaia and as Uranus a bit, and also playing the hidden char with the shotgun / pistol combo. 

I would say "bring back Tobal No 1"  but idk, looking back on it it just seems like a lot of dragonball rejects.  (Same artist had a hand in it.) 

Tobal did three things right that Tekken got wrong.  One, it has projectiles. (EDIT the projectiles would be broken in any 2D game with that speed / power / unreactability, but in a 3D game with sidestepping that powerlevel was the only thing keeping them kinda viable.)  Two, the button scheme makes sense, mapping to high / mid / low / grab instead of that silly per-limb system which tells you nothing about anything's used.  Three, it has a grapple system.  Grabbing is a separate action from throwing/holding, putting chars into a pseudo-state, and from there there's followups or counterplay. 

The game is also easy to read.  No confusing fireworks / stage bullshit / meth-addict speed / animation messiness. 

Of course it's a PS1 title so it still looks like a tech demo instead of a game, but the mechanics and game feel were A+ 

Tobal  /  Psychic Force crossover when? 

Edited by Pair of Rooks

Tbh i don't care, can wait bunch of months if we end up get best refined product with no cut contents

I just wish they handled better the wait, like no reason have long periods of nothing and then 4 chars trailer at once, would prefer more close updates with 1 or 2

To make them fit the big mass reveal Blanka, Sim and Honda did'nt even had full trailer

Hope we will see Zangief next, with Cammy being kinda given. Curious about Marisa's moveset too and also JP, but he's likely going to be the last to be revealed

15 hours ago, Sonero said:

Damn that Taki. Looked her up online and...

Hide contents

Cosplay sucks you horny bastards. Eat this L for thinking you were gonna find anything in this spoiler tag.

If you click on this just know you never blocked the mix, never teched the throw and you're bad at FGs.

Funny thing is that I opened the spoiler because I was genuinely curious why you were looking up a run of the mill cosplayer.

10/10 mixup 

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I just wish they handled better the wait, like no reason have long periods of nothing and then 4 chars trailer at once, would prefer more close updates with 1 or 2

To make them fit the big mass reveal Blanka, Sim and Honda did'nt even had full trailer

Capcom always had issues trying to market a fighting game. They should of tried to maintain the momentum from the beta, but they haven't. If we really are going to get a new Mortal Kombat next year, then Capcom needs to step up their marketing.

Edited by Jurassic
13 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

run of the mill cosplayer.

I love "run of the mill" women. There's a lot of really pretty ladies out there that get dissed for being a 5 or 6 like that's some shit.

A lot of Crouching Hot Ones, Hidden Baddies all over the place.

31 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I love "run of the mill" women. There's a lot of really pretty ladies out there that get dissed for being a 5 or 6 like that's some shit.

A lot of Crouching Hot Ones, Hidden Baddies all over the place.

Nah nothing wrong with her or regular women. I just meant that she wasn’t bad enough for me to understand why you’d be looking up a cosplayer. You’re verified above the thirst. 

I’ll tell you right now in terms of looks I’m not checking for no 9-10 women. Generalizing here, but the prettiest ones are a headache to deal with between the ego/attitude, all the pictures/social media shit, and the half dozen niggas in her phone waiting to be the number 1 draft pick when I fuck up. Aint nobody got time for that. 

Edited by Vhozite

Juri

"Juri was a new character who was introduced in the Street Fighter IV series, and she has always been kind of a psychopath character with a very dark side – someone who maybe has a low sense of morality or would take on any job that is offered to her, even like assassination-type stuff," Fujioka says. "This time around, I had the thought of, 'What is her personality when she's not taking on these odd jobs? And what does she do during her spare time?' It led to this person who maybe doesn't live the most healthy lifestyle, who's just always on her smartphone, and she takes pictures of enemies she defeats and shares that on social media. Eating a lot of junk food and candy, and probably not the most sociable person. We thought that maybe she would have created a bunch of bad habits where she just uses her foot whichever way she wants and picks up stuff. She's not the most elegant type of character, but it seems like the people really pay attention to that and notice some of those behavioral antics from her. I'm really happy that people took notice of that."

blanka_battle_outfit_from_street_fighter

gouki_from_street_fighter_v__arcade_edit

https://www.deviantart.com/ameeeeba/art/Gouki-from-Street-Fighter-V-Arcade-Edition-875306132

Ok so my mod preview got like over 250 + likes lol, i did not expect that.Was kinda skeptical at first about uploading my content but got  pretty good feedback. I guess people really like to see Juri in jeans,i'll keep at it and try to finish it.

Here are a few more scenes i done. Would be insanely cool if you can run into the established characters in the SF 6 open world mode. Juri would ride her bike.

Eyes-on-the-road-Juri-2.jpg

Eyes-on-the-road-Juri-1.jpg

Eyes-on-the-road-Juri-3.jpg

Edited by Skort
2 hours ago, Skort said:

Ok so my mod preview got like over 250 + likes lol, i did not expect that.Was kinda skeptical at first about uploading my content but got  pretty good feedback. I guess people really like to see Juri in jeans,i'll keep at it and try to finish it.

Here are a few more scenes i done. Would be insanely cool if you can run into the established characters in the SF 6 open world mode. Juri would ride her bike.

Eyes-on-the-road-Juri-2.jpg

Eyes-on-the-road-Juri-1.jpg

Eyes-on-the-road-Juri-3.jpg

Don’t forget us when you’re famous 😄

7 hours ago, Yiceman said:

A few days back, the Japanese Street Fighter twitter had a 4 hour live video of some dude drawing Cammy. I figured that was a sure sign of a Cammy reveal soon, but nothing yet.

That my friend, was the legendary Akiman! One of the greatest designers for Street Fighter. You can appreciate his work here:

https://capcom.fandom.com/wiki/Akiman

15 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

SFV Akuma design was a goddamn crime against humanity 

I'm glad they were willing to take such a big risk with the character. I think the model execution was less than perfect to put it nicely. I'm happy that they are doubling down on the "wild beast" with their SF6 design. Don't think it would be possible without "Flower Power" Akuma breaking the mold.

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

I'm glad they were willing to take such a big risk with the character. I think the model execution was less than perfect to put it nicely. I'm happy that they are doubling down on the "wild beast" with their SF6 design. Don't think it would be possible without "Flower Power" Akuma breaking the mold.

Why does a Akuma need to be a wild beast though? He chose a dark path for his martial arts but the character has never come across as wild or undisciplined.

We already have Kage/Evil Ryu for the out of control dark hado angle. They already went down the “he lost control” route with Oni and it was whack.

12 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Why does a Akuma need to be a wild beast though?

Oni was a glimpse into his distant future. The transition we are witnessing from SF5 onwards is the path to Oni - symbolizing the gradual loss of his humanity until he becomes an fully demon/unhinged.

His master and his brother warned him about this, but he thinks he can resist. He thinks he knows better. In SF5 he could not resist killing a sick Gen again, but he did resist killing Ryu. Perhaps there is hope for him? Or perhaps he is just delaying the inevitable. Akuma's path only leads to destruction - his own.

Well, to be honest, we had a lot of information shared this year, a playable beta, beta got cracked as well, all their roster got leaked and they also pretty much revealed ( confirmed )  the entire roster via that short video.

A new trailer by the end of this year is a "given" but even if it's not i can cut Capcom some slack if they chose to drag it out a bit longer. Normally we would had only known about the 8 ( ? )  characters in the beta so far and not much else if the leaks did not happen.

I want to play the game as well and see what's up, but as soon as they reveal something people just gonna start asking for more , it never ends.

Edited by Skort
14 hours ago, Daemos said:

They were already going there in one of the concepts in SFV actually, with wild look, the spicky beard and animal fur... they just did'nt picked it

https://www.fightersgeneration.com/nz9/game/sfv/art/4/akuma-sfv-concept-art-secret.jpghttps://www.fightersgeneration.com/nz9/game/sfv/art/4/akuma-sfv-concept-art-secret3.jpg

SF6 is picking the good SFV ideas but without terrible SFV execution and fails 😄

10 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Why does a Akuma need to be a wild beast though? He chose a dark path for his martial arts but the character has never come across as wild or undisciplined.

We already have Kage/Evil Ryu for the out of control dark hado angle. They already went down the “he lost control” route with Oni and it was whack.

But he does'nt seem under crazy rage or out of control in SF6 artwork,seems pretty composed

Every time I see the man I just think ( DAMN Akuma looks so sick in SF6 ) :  r/StreetFighter

He just have very primitive/hermit look wich make sense for him

At this point of his story he probably live in a cave and kill with his hands what he eat (and wear lol)

Society, dojo traditions, uniforms are all meaningless things to him at this point.

He does'nt even care claim to be the legit Ansatsuken master or anything, he feel to be above all that human shit and all he care is trascend humanity

If they follow this logic the new look make sense, dude is just like Oro as lifestyle... also Oro got his animal fur jacket in SFV, must be the hermit fashion 😄

This may be the first ever Akuma design i like, finally goes truly far from the shoto look (will still hate have +1 hado/srk/tatsu character though lol)

1 hour ago, Skort said:

I want to play the game as well and see what's up, but as soon as they reveal something people just gonna start asking for more , it never ends.

Not asking for more, if you read what i wrote i did'nt say they should reveal more, just that would prefer they split what they reveal to avoid months of nothing

Edited by CESTUS III
15 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Not asking for more, if you read what i wrote i did'nt say they should reveal more, just that would prefer they split what they reveal to avoid months of nothing

It's all good,I was talking in general not about you specifically.

You know how it is,people want content flow endless. As soon as something is shown,they already talking about what's next.

I do agree however that small teasers more often is a far better approach than long downtime periods for a "big" reveal. It keep the momentum going.

Edited by Skort
2 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

till weird for me seeing Cody, Ed, Juri and Ken in S tier above characters like Karin, Urien and Cammy who have been top tier throughout 5's lifespan - but here we are.  

What's weird is that Karin, Urien, and Cammy have been nerfed left and right in multiples and still at -A at worst. Says a lot about the inherent strength of their tools.

2 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

27_poc01.jpg

Pochoclo23's final SF5 tier list.  Still weird for me seeing Cody, Ed, Juri and Ken in S tier above characters like Karin, Urien and Cammy who have been top tier throughout 5's lifespan - but here we are.  

What are these placements based on?

12 hours ago, Vhozite said:

What are these placements based on?

Clearly biasness and his own personal opinion. made me lol hard that there's a Gief Tier straight to the bottom.

Even if we were to utliize said list......Shouldn't it read Triple S,Double Ss and S for the Top tier fighters. I'm just spitballing here. Anyone here at MS got their own list that they're willing to share and dicuss??

Edited by Counterstrike
bcuz mistakes were made

That tier list has too many, well, tiers, doesn't it? Plus with the extra gap between letters it makes it seems like some characters are significantly better than others when they're mostly around the same strength (Cammy and Chun for example). Also strongly disagree that Falke is worse than Rose, she has an easier time forcing her gameplan unto the opponent than Rose and there's less room for error when doing so.

Anyway, like others have said I expect a semi-info-blowout at the Game Awards. Like at least two characters and a release date and/or a date for the next open beta.