Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Don't be the old man who yells at clouds

It has fuck all to do with yelling at clouds and all to do with the common complaints people have about stuff in Strive and DBF power levels.

I'm not sure they're about that level of fuckery.

On 12/3/2022 at 1:27 PM, Maravilla said:

What do you guys look for when choosing a character? Like your main or even secondary or third, how do you choose? Moves? Visual? Type of character like grappler,etc? Like me I HAVE to have a projectile, that's first, then how fun I think this character is, third would be the visuals even though I've found some characters that seem fun but just hate the visual so I don't use them. 

1. Aesthetic

2. Low skill floor/high ceiling gameplay

3. Tier

Style is what I care about above all else I will not play a character I don’t at least enjoy looking at. I will even over look other elements I dislike (wrong play style, low tier, etc) to play a character I think is cool.

Beyond that I like characters that are relatively simple without being boring. I don’t like characters with stances, installs, a fuckton of special moves, special meters, etc. Just give me 3-4 straightforward specials and a good array of buttons to hit.  

I care about how viable my character is, but only insofar as I’m not playing someone complete garbage. As someone who has mained real low tier characters I’m over that struggle life. Don’t care about top tiers but if I feel like I’m always working 3x harder than another character for less reward I do get annoyed. That said I also don’t like super top tiers because I don’t like worrying about my character getting clapped by nerfs.

51 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I care about how viable my character is, but only insofar as I’m not playing someone complete garbage. As someone who has mained real low tier characters I’m over that struggle life. Don’t care about top tiers but if I feel like I’m always working 3x harder than another character for less reward I do get annoyed. That said I also don’t like super top tiers because I don’t like worrying about my character getting clapped by nerfs.

Super top tiers like our good friend Luke?  I realized I'll probably never be at the level where switching from Karin to Luke is going to make me better and the difference isn't THAT much anyway.  I'd much rather just power through with what I know.  

It's been pretty unfortunate that basically everyone switched to him.  Watching SFL Japan and seeing Bonchan, Tokido, Fujimura, Nauman, Yamaguchi and Mago all playing Luke is kind of ridiculous.  CPT NA just had a Luke mirror in Grand Finals.   

When is SF6?

Edited by HeavensCloud

Project L looks really polished now, character models and animations are way beyond the build we've seen the last time. Illaio in particular looks really cool, getting those tentacles just right couldn't have been easy without any Japanese animators on the team.

I'm still weary about the game's f2p nature but I really like what I'm seeing of that project so far. Also reminds that I haven't beaten Ruined King yet, I wonder if I even remember the story at this point.

Hey guys I know what happened to HDR and USF2

But I kind think there were things I missed out with the negative of HSF2, that it hype died

From what I have known it invited different nationalities to compete with like even from China and Brazil

But it died and wasn't lasted long in the competitive scene

From what I have also heard it wasn't ST accurate, What else did I missed?

10 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I'm looking forward for some sweet Resident Evil Re:Verse news.

Now that's the real deal, not that RE4 shit.

Every time i read people being hyped about another fucking Resident Evil i feel like

Best What Year It Is GIFs | Gfycat

Then i realize the only game i'm truly hyped for is the next Street Fighter, and i will probably use as default all the nostalgia costumes too because fuck new designs

Well Thats Understandable I Get It GIF - Well Thats Understandable I Get It  That Makes Sense - Discover & Share GIFs

On 12/5/2022 at 11:04 AM, Sonero said:

this new gen of kids somehow got in playing DBF and get mad at holding a mix in Strive.

No way this gen is going to get at Project L in any way.

TAG ME NEXT TIME, PUSSY!

NO BALLS!

But also yes. My fellow Zoomers are excited for boobs in PL but afraid of the mix. It's unfortunate seeing your boys sinking...

One train of thought you have to let go of immediately is thinking that you were in a position that could have saved him. Grief is demoralizing and disheartening, but also a natural process people go through in situations like these. Combining it with blame, however, is self-destructive, particularly when said blame is unfounded and targeted towards oneself. From how you describe the situation, there's unfortunately nothing you could have done, or anyone else.

I know that's extremely easy to say and as someone who puts a lot of pressure on themselves for things of significantly less importance, I can understand how surpassing that will take a lot of effort. But it's the one major thing that will change your situation from feeling hopeless into the mental healing process you can go through together with your family and close friends. In time you'll also find that those little things that remind you of him are a gift, but you have to find your personal balance first. Until then it's maybe best to keep them in a mental drawer you can reopen whenever you are ready for it.

My condolences though – I hope someone else here or in your life can find the right words to help you through it.

I have dealt with a few passings over the course of my life... Before I go into specifics, first I wanna say that you have my condolences and I'm praying that you and your family receive so much comfort and support. If there was a way for me to teleport to you, I'd give you a big hug and play some matches with you. Maybe we can play tomorrow evening? 

Anyway, my father was a very healthy guy as well. He loved me, my mom and my younger brother so much. He was our rock and a man among men. He was only 35 when he passed and even after all these years, it still doesn't make any sense. His sudden passing is something I've thought about pretty much every week of my life since I was 4. Some days are easy, anniversary days can be rough, but I get plenty of strength and joy to keep going from my Heavenly Father, my family, my wife and my friends.

My dad was my best friend even when I was just a toddler, but there was so much I needed from him as a boy that I had to learn life lessons the slow way (like until my late 30s). Fortunately you've had your father for years and that's a gift within itself. Legit bro, I'm here for you, coming from a guy that is very well acquainted with the loss of family.

Edited by ToreyBeans

On another forum,

I have read some time that it's the western market that cannot get over SF2  that why all the costume and promotion were including SF2 default costumes 

They say, While Japan was moving forward that some crossover didn't have SF2 or wasn't stuck in the past, that some came with an  idea that it was just the western market that cannot move on with SF2 unlike Japan... lol

Meanwhile in Japan

6 hours ago, Edmund said:

I can't believe that I won't be able to see or talk to my dad ever again. I just don't know what to do. When I come back home and dad's not there anymore, or when I see things that I think my dad would like, it just breaks me that he won't be able to enjoy all these again. 

I was late to read the details

Condolences man, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. 

Edited by Shakunetsu
6 hours ago, Edmund said:

all I can do is wonder what I could have done for my dad to save his life. It's been exactly 2 weeks and I'm still in a daze. I can't eat or sleep well. I can't focus on anything. 

You must remove this thought from your mind, lot of times life just take our people from us and there's nothing we can do about it 

You said your dad was intelligent at do often check ups, and that very recent one gave no indication of anything bad 

You could have done nothing, but actually you did something good, you was with him and gave him the chance to pass the last moments of his life doing something he enjoyed with somebody he loved 

Sadly life chosen that was his last day, and you was with him making it a good father-son moment, trust me if i tell you that rarely things are like that 

My condolences, stay strong 

7 hours ago, Edmund said:

Sorry for butting in out of nowhere,

Condolences man and holy shit. You never have to apologize for talking to a community you're a part of. Yeah its for game but its also for what your posting.

Bro you're gonna be feeling it for a long time. You kinda have to be honest about how you feel and the fact that its a long term process. Even then you don't really get rid of it entirely, you just remember things in bittersweet ways.

9 hours ago, Edmund said:

I'm a fighting game fan and I'm supposed to be looking forward to news of SF6 and Tekken 8 during TGA but all I can do is wonder what I could have done for my dad to save his life.

From what you've described I doubt that a trained medic right next to him could have done anything either.

Get rid of those thoughts as fast as possible because they'll bring nothing good.

10 hours ago, Edmund said:

snip

Best advice I can give is to let yourself grieve. Scream, yell, cry, sit alone, do whatever you need to do. Don’t feel pressured to be over it in a day, week, month, year, etc. This is someone you loved that was very important to you, and there will be days it will be absolutely crippling. You’ll never stop thinking about them and there will be things that remind you of them.  The good news is that after some time those things that remind you of them will no longer be just painful but also bring a sad sort of happiness. It becomes nice to have things that remind you of them. Cherish all the memories and pictures you have of your dad and remember all the good times you had together.

Im truly sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine how you feel. We are always here to talk if you need support. ❤️