Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

I’m very sorry about the news @Edmund

To iterate what others have said, I doubt you could have done anything to help (or anyone for that matter).

It seemed to have happened very quickly and at least he was with you doing what he enjoyed. Those combined are extremely rare.

I don’t have much else to add, but to clearly state, this isn’t your fault.

This won’t be easy of course, so go through all of the emotions you need to. Don’t hold back and you can always reach out to us.

My sincere condolences.

38 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

June it is.

ToEQqXJ.jpg

June is fine by me, better chances i will have already a PS5 lol

Seems "Season Pass" will be yearly again and split in Character Pass and Ultimate Pass... guess latter will include customization pieces for character creation/stages/costumes

Think will do Ultimate pre-order

8 minutes ago, Daemos said:

So does this confirm that character pass is 6 characters?

Possible, i sure hope so

Edited by CESTUS III
43 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

June it is.

ToEQqXJ.jpg

IM JUMPING!  CAPCOM HAS BLESSED ME! THATS MY F***IN BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Plus, June 2nd 2022 was when they revealed Chun-Li. So yeah, CapGods have blessed me. Imma take my WHOLE BIRTHDAY WEEK OFF!

I’s usually be bummed by yhe long 6 month wait. But im just on a high right now, im not that mad. 

13 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

Man everyone here so far is being a good sport about the release date. I'm waiting for folks outside of us to complain, storm Capcom's headquarters and try to get the release date for February. But rushing the game feels like SFV's launch all over again

I kind of came to terms with a Spring release a while ago.  I'm down with it because I know they're going to fine tune SF6 to perfection.  No more repeats of SFV launch.  

If the game does come out in June, and Season 1 does have 6 characters as usual, they'd have to release a new character each month if they want to end the season before 2024. Releasing in the middle of the year kinda screws with how Capcom Cup and the competitive scene were organized before.

Also, American dates are dumb. What kind of logic it is to put the months first, then the days, then the years?

4 hours ago, ToreyBeans said:

Man everyone here so far is being a good sport about the release date. I'm waiting for folks outside of us to complain, storm Capcom's headquarters and try to get the release date for February. But rushing the game feels like SFV's launch all over again

2023 is so stacked with heavy hitters that if you don’t have something to tide you over till 6 drops you hate video games. 

11 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I wonder what the Ultimate pass is?  Whatever it is I'm buying it lol.  

No idea where this is originally from, saw it on Reddit - could well be bollocks.

vSOoKBijWDdaKB7uKPa1Wm2tev5SMYw1gTUVWTL8

Edit: Weird that the standard pre-order comes with Deejay's colour 10, but no characters. 

Edit 2: Brainfart. Deejay is launch roster.

Edited by JustBooming

Man, I roasted some M:TG tryhards in my local M:TG scene so hard I got banned from the city's group. Unfortunately I got banned while I was asleep so I'm unable to provide receipts for some other stuff.

So what was the main issue? Since CoVid the competitive part of M:TG in my city took a hit. So all the tryhards are trying to figure out how to restart it. So what was the solution they all rallied around? Doing a weekly where they charge 20 dollars for a higher prize pool.

Mind you...the big problem is that there are already weekly tournaments scheduled. Every friday night, in one of the few smart things WoTC did, there is a tournament called Friday Night Magic. Its a place for regular people and tryhards to comingle. You show up on a friday night, pay a low fee, you know people are going to be there and everybody has fun.  This works great when you know...people show up.

The problem is to these guys dont' show up. So the normal socialization that was happening for years where you meet people at FNM, then kick it, then forge friendships that help you get better and move on to bigger tournaments doesn't happen anymore. They just want dudes to magically start showing up to tournaments with 20 dollar entry fees. Do they want to show up on friday night, get games in with people, and start rebuilding from there? NOPE.

Which lead to at least one interaction I took screenshots of so y'all can at least laugh at that. Because these fucking assholes, and I had forgotten what an unbearable shitty group of self entitled and generally unpleasent human beings competitive M:TG players brings to the table, cannot be bothered to actually think of what they enjoy doing as a community thing. They just want to be serviced like clients.

For some context on this pic, I quit M:TG around the time my daughter was born. Too expensive, requires too much time, had to leave the house to do it and it was headed in an awful direction (I've been on the money about everything bad involving this game and quitting was the 1,000% correct thing to do). I still go to the local store because its ran by homies. Even if I'm not active, I can still buy snacks and other things there. Recently its become a place to get board games with my daughter. Some of the other times I've been there I'd buy cards for random people, help dudes who weren't playing correctly or straight out spent an hour teaching two ladies how to play. I quit M:TG but you're never really out. All this and I quit this fucking game.

The first comment and the third comment are mine. On the first comment a few people hit like on it because people who unironically think showing up to play and meet new people is a waste of time are utterly unable to detect sarcasm. The third one well you know, is what it is:

image.png

11 hours ago, Flackaveli said:

Other then RE4, is there any other big releases before June next year??

I wanna grind out a fighting game but I lose interest so fast these days.

I'm personally looking forward to Wo Long in March because I love games like Nioh and Sekiro. 

And of course the biggest release would be Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. 

Also feeling positive about Wild Hearts and looking forward to Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar  Eclipse/Legend of Heroes Trails to Azure. 

If the leaked release date of 2nd June is real then it's a bit further away than most expected ( if we ignore the fact that they said only one major big release in Q1 and its not SF6 ). It's a major kick in the nuts that SF5 is here to stay for at least half a year more but it is what it is.

Having that said, looking at what happened with SFV's release, i sure as hell do not want that to be repeated. Take the time you need and develop a proper game.

So are we seeing any trailer the following days ? Any bets on who can it be ? A lot seem to say Cammy but is there anything backing this up as opposed to that one dude drawing Cammy some days ago ?

1 hour ago, Flackaveli said:

That  pretty much confirms that year 1 DLC character pass is Akuma, Rashid , Ed and AKI 

But is it year 1? Or are they going fit those 4 characters into 6 months and then announce a full season of 6 in Dec/Jan? 

I guess what I am trying to say, is 4 the new norm? Are they priced like 6?

Edited by Daemos
2 hours ago, JustBooming said:

No idea where this is originally from, saw it on Reddit - could well be bollocks.

Well, if they're really going to give us JULI and not JURI it's certainly bollocks. 😛
As much as I'd like to see Juli and Juni again, just to know where are they now, I don't think they would gladly fight again.
Sometimes I wonder if Capcom would also create Judi, Juvi and Jumi (obviously identical triplets) just to confuse the players even more.
Then Jubi, Juci, Jufi, Jugi...

Edited by Miðgarðsorm

@Edmund

I'm really sorry that this happened to you. Please do not beat yourself up. You had no control over the situation. There was nothing you could've done. Even though I'm saying this, most people would feel exactly the same way you feel.

Many yrs back, my dad's co-worker and close friend had come over to celebrate my dad's Birthday. This was something he usually did every year. He had been in the basement for about 10 mins before suddenly collapsing. He had a stroke. He was put on life support for a few days before the family decided to pull the plug. There were no signs leading up to this. It just happened out of nowhere. It was terrible. I didn't even get a chance to greet him before it all happened.

Life really doesn't make sense. We just never know what's going to happen. I'm glad you and your father had a great bond while he was here. Hold on to that and never let it go. As long as you do that, he'll never really be gone.

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

But is it year 1? Or are they going fit those 4 characters into 6 months and then announce a full season of 6 in Dec/Jan? 

I guess what I am trying to say, is 4 the new norm? Are they priced like 6?

I think depending on how old the character concept art is, we might have been kept in the dark regarding a few more characters, since we know Capcom are developing and playtesting several of them at the same time 

I remember back during year 1 of SFV Matt from Capcom UK mentioned that the local community could try out Balrog in the winter of 2015, way ahead of his summer 2016 launch

Also nothing suggests they will stick to just solo character drops every other month like it was in season 2 or 3 iirc - Capcom could just as easily rapid-fire DLC from SF6 launch all the way to Christmas (so as to not mess with the CPT too much  like obviously they wouldn't release a new character a month before Capcom Cup) 

Personally I'd expect 1 character to be a pre-order/day 1 special, another one dropping in July so he or she becomes Evo legal, then a trailer at EVO with another launch soon after (like how many games do now), and that still opens up September, October, November, December, perhaps even January (assuming Capcom Cup is closer to spring, but we don't know if Evo Japan will return in 2024 yet) 

1 hour ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

@Edmund

I'm really sorry that this happened to you. Please do not beat yourself up. You had no control over the situation. There was nothing you could've done. Even though I'm saying this, most people would feel exactly the same way you feel.

Many yrs back, my dad's co-worker and close friend had come over to celebrate my dad's Birthday. This was something he usually did every year. He had been in the basement for about 10 mins before suddenly collapsing. He had a stroke. He was put on life support for a few days before the family decided to pull the plug. There were no signs leading up to this. It just happened out of nowhere. It was terrible. I didn't even get a chance to greet him before it all happened.

Life really doesn't make sense. We just never know what's going to happen. I'm glad you and your father had a great bond while he was here. Hold on to that and never let it go. As long as you do that, he'll never really be gone.

Thank you for sharing your story. Doctrine. Life's so unpredictable isn't it? We really have to treasure our loved ones, including our friends. Heck, even "forum friends" like everyone here. You never know when a loved one is going away. 

The hardest thing right now is waking up every morning and having to remind myself that dad's gone and I will never be able to see him for the rest of my life. It doesn't make sense that a healthy and strong man who eats healthy, has his blood pressure under control, takes long walks every morning can get a stroke out of nowhere. And just like your dad's friend, he showed absolutely no signs of having a stroke. We were talking to each other during the game, just enjoying a father and son bonding moment and God took him away even before the match was over. 

I've always dreaded this day since I was a kid. We had to write a composition titled "My family". I was just 10 years old then and I remember writing this "I wish I can die before my parents do because I love them so much and I won't know what to do without them."

I guess the pain I'm feeling right now is a testament to how much I love my dad. I wouldn't be in this much pain if I didn't love him.  I'll be carrying this pain with me for the rest of my life. 

Edited by Edmund
41 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

I remember back during year 1 of SFV Matt from Capcom UK mentioned that the local community could try out Balrog in the winter of 2015, way ahead of his summer 2016 launch

I have no doubt that Capcom are already developing Season 1, probably even completed the main parts of it. I also have no doubt that Capcom have planned the DLC for Seasons 2 and 3 already. This is how they behaved before. They might move things around, but I believe most DLC character releases are set in stone years before they go on sale.

Still, I would surprised if Season 1 only has 4 characters given the timeline and wait period. I am hoping that at least the first 3 seasons are 6 characters each to even possibly try to get as many characters as 4 or 5.

6 hours ago, JustBooming said:

vSOoKBijWDdaKB7uKPa1Wm2tev5SMYw1gTUVWTL8

Edit: Weird that the standard pre-order comes with Deejay's colour 10, but no characters. 

Edit 2: Brainfart. Deejay is launch roster.

Will not say it's fake, even if i wish so

But still can't not notice some things feels strange

-image is of SFV, why not use a SF6 one?

-bizzarre/random af selection of the 6 characters, while would make more sense gift hardest color to 6 DLC ones avoinding the grind (kinda like you had no grinding for Battle Alt colors in V, as  was unlocked with $$$)

-Juli instead of Juri

-Ultimate pass being mentioned before Deluxe, while normal rising order would be Standard -> Deluxe -> Ultimate

-7.700 and 4.200 seems kinda strange number for ingame fake-money, guess would have made more sense something like 10.000 and 5.000

I have decent hope for it to be fake tbh

Edited by CESTUS III