Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

17 minutes ago, ZioSerpe said:

A.K.I. might be F.A.N.G's disciple from that one old story capcom put out some time ago, and I'd be down for that, it was a really cool story.

No, that was Phantom. You can see her design in my avatar. This is another character related to FANG.

Just now, mykka said:

No, that was Phantom. You can see her design in my avatar. This is another character related to FANG.

She might have changed her name after becoming the leader. FANG changed his name too before he became the "FAng of the NGuuhao".

4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

@Skort sounds like Juri is in the initial roster!

Like there was any doubt best girl is gonna be back !

Her visual design is too damn good to skip a SF game going forward,i always said this. I'm honestly surprised they didn't cash in on her via DLC but no way in hell am i complaining. 

I really hope her 3D model does her justice because Chun's new model is ok-ish....needs a few tweaks, though not terrible.

14 minutes ago, Skort said:

Like there was any doubt best girl is gonna be back !

Her visual design is too damn good to skip a SF game going forward,i always said this. I'm honestly surprised they didn't cash in on her via DLC but no way in hell am i complaining. 

I really hope her 3D model does her justice because Chun's new model is ok-ish....needs a few tweaks, though not terrible.

No doubt at all that she'd be back, but I'm surprised she's not DLC. Juri and Akuma are like free money for Capcom.

Just now, HeavensCloud said:

No doubt at all that she'd be back, but I'm surprised she's not DLC. Juri and Akuma are like free money for Capcom.

I guess they weren't confident that their new generation roster would sell the game (look at them they are hideous!), so they brought it in the DLC cash cows early and doubled down on the WW.

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

xncY3oB.jpeg

I'm interested with the "JP" guy he looks something important

Not fond on the new roster it has a lot of SF2. 

Sean, Alex, Makoto, Dudley, Adon and Sodom should had been there.

Look's like Sean, Yun and Yang wouldn't make it again because of Jaime. I don't mind the Lee brothers not returning individually.

Zangief, Chun and Deejay Redesign is okay with me

Capcom will probably just do the safe thing and include the 8 WWs (+ Cammy and probably Juri) into every game going forward, they probably want this as a Core

It is just a safe move to do.

Also why the F does Ed have the german Flag? I kinda had in my headcanon that Falke had it because she was made in a Base in Germany, could be for Ed as well.

Also where is Falke? 

8 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Also where is Falke? 

With Falke they messed up the Bison DNA splicing so she aged faster and changed into a man. She also grew very fond of the colour orange during that transition and decided a cane would fit her new look better than the old staff.

Speaking of, I wonder if JP is the new boss. Would be cool to have a female boss in the form of that Chinese lady, but she gives off more "right hand of someone important" vibes than true boss status.

Mariza looks like the boxer stand in for now. Wondering what this means for Balrog in the future. I think he is pretty popular so I would love to see his design in this.

Mimi looks like a slightly more stylish female Abel. Sambo attire and all.

Lili (Lily?) and Kimberley, I can't quite figure out what they are about yet.

JP looks interesting and reminds me of Q and G. Tall, stylish, not quite as obvious what his whole deal is compared to the other newcomers.

I hope A.K.I is the replacement for FANG because this look is actually fire. So cool. Cruella vibes.

Dee Jay 👏 

Edited by elliephil
9 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I think the spiky bracelets feel like a step too far, but it's a minor detail.

I'm more intrigued by her playstyle either way. She was one of my main characters in SFIV but I dropped her really quickly in SFV.

Juri had spiky bracelets in SF4

Edited by Vhozite
38 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Mariza looks like the boxer stand in for now. Wondering what this means for Balrog in the future. I think he is pretty popular so I would love to see his design in this.

She's MMA and leaker even called her "wrestler", pretty sure she's going to be striker/grappler hybrid, something closer to Abel

So far, closest to a boxing rep is probably Ed  (followed by Luke that is MMA but does 90% punching stuff)

Hope as soon as possible we get Dudley

29 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Juri had spiky bracelets in SF4

Ok, that shows how quickly you just glance over them.

But in my defense I noticed them first around her ankles here, where she didn't have them in SFIV.

Edit: I think it's also the neon turquoise colour that throws me off.

Edited by delete_me
4 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

Capcom doesnt care about that, I bet you one chicken sandwich that Gief makes it into launch zero problems 

This

Also fuckoff with this crap

I want Gief in SF6 and i actually sent boxes of help to Ukraine, bet lot of internet outrage cunts will be like "Boycott anything ever russian-related" yet never sent nothing to Ukraine not they will in future lmao

Edited by CESTUS III
6 hours ago, Hecatom said:
  Hide contents

C7667617-D6CB-4AAE-8E8E-94F23CE017E0.jpeg

108F68A3-A70D-48ED-99C2-0B4E67CD4CE7.jpeg

564374D9-8838-4C18-ACD2-ABF48DEA1457.jpeg

+

D5B7469E-EFE4-4EBC-91F4-82B928F1C1F1.jpeg

It seems that the leak is real

Cammy with pants

Walking Glancing GIF

Twittards: "Please Capcom, give Cammy pants!!! She needs proper realistic clothing to fight martial artists and their very realistic fireballs!"

Capcom: "Best I can do is hyper-adherent spandex. Furthermore, I'll have to establish a large midriff area to compensate."

Twittards: "Thank you based Capgod!"

Capcom: "No need to thank me. You can just pay an extra for the inevitable nostalgia/classic option."

3 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

A.K.I. might be F.A.N.G's disciple from that one old story capcom put out some time ago, and I'd be down for that, it was a really cool story.

The Seth school of thought of "How do we bring back an interesting but otherwise relatively unpopular character? Put big ol' boobs on it."

23 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

Capcom doesnt care about that, I bet you one chicken sandwich that Gief makes it into launch zero problems 

There's a big enough distance between making up fictional characters that happen to be Russian and what's going on in Ukraine that Capcom has nothing to worry about, really.

Still, I was thinking just yesterday about how Capcom seemingly decided back in SFV to stop mentioning the characters' countries of origin, like how Falke was obviously German but it was never stated explicitly, or Rashid, or Kolin, and how this decision seemed odd back then but with the war in Ukraine it actually makes sense for them to keep statehood away from the characters, just in case. A very rare instance of corporate cowardice having a point once in a while.

And then the very next day I find JP, the Russian aristocrat Putin placed in charge of occupied Ukraine.

I wonder if you can commit war crime in-game just like they're doing in real life.

48 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm feeling lonely here. I can't be the only guy here who actually liked parries.

90% of the reason I hate parries is that it shits on projectiles. If they could implement it in a way where it didn’t dump on my favorite thing in FGs I wouldn’t even care

That said SF6 looks to have no comeback mechanics. It hurts but I’ll take that trade every time

Yeah, but you didn't even install the game to begin with 🤣

My brother in anime, the only game where I have more ranked matches than SFV is P4A. 🤣

I *uninstalled* the game on... Season 4?

F07BF890-B183-4773-8C8F-E8F4377CD578.jpeg

FUCK THIS GAME WITH A RUSTY RAKE AND FUCK YOU FOR POSTING THIS WITH NO SPOILERS. 🤢

6 hours ago, BornWinner said:

It so sad that Ken became addicted to drugs. I hope he gets the help he needs.

beKKxR2.jpg

For real, he looks like he’s going through it. Hope he didn’t lose his fortune or Eliza.

Fake Garou Terry ain't it. Also, the red pants ain't matching right. Zero drip, man looks like a goofy hobo. Even Sakura wouldn't give him a look.

1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

90% of the reason I hate parries is that it shits on projectiles. If they could implement it in a way where it didn’t dump on my favorite thing in FGs I wouldn’t even care

From what I understand they're linked to a resource, so while you could theoretically parry projectiles it's probably a huge waste of meter doing so. I don't expect this to be a popular usage for them, except maybe for characters like Gief.

In 3s, the properties of parry being a 10 frame window was mad annoying. Being able to OS it into kara throws and confirms was ridiculously annoying. Projectiles in general were just bad in 3s due to their high recovery and lack of damage. I think having parry tied to a resource will force you to be more wise with how you use parry, since you won't be able to mash a guess parry in the middle of strings or wakeup without the risk of losing that resource that lets you do everything else.

Did anyone see if there were low and high parrys?

1 minute ago, elliephil said:

Did anyone see if there were low and high parrys?

We know the input, I don't think this is the case. 

And it honestly makes sense lol, it spends meter.

The one thing that concerns me about the drive system is how fast it regenerates.

We already know you can Drive Dash on a successful parry. Sounds like FADC in neutral-tier fukkery again, except it spends meter, the opponent takes no damage because it's a parry, and the dash goes further.

Capcom keeps getting creative and sadistic in their quest to make me stop flinging shit like a deranged monkey. (No offense to Evil Canadian.)

19 minutes ago, delete_me said:

From what I understand they're linked to a resource, so while you could theoretically parry projectiles it's probably a huge waste of meter doing so. I don't expect this to be a popular usage for them, except maybe for characters like Gief.

They’re linked to a resource but successful parry replenishes the drive bar. Throwing a projectile that gets parried means you’re feeding the opponent. 

Edit: Also there is the dash you can use after a successful parry

Edited by Vhozite
1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

They’re linked to a resource but successful parry replenishes the drive bar. Throwing a projectile that gets parried means you’re feeding the opponent

Maybe it does feed or maybe the amount you spend is higher than the one you regenerate, like how they handled V-Shift in SFV.

I wouldn't write the feature off just yet, and I say that as someone who doesn't particularly like parries either.