Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

6 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

What exactly do you mean by this? Not arguing just trying to understand what you’re saying

I think it's a reference to how everything, except supers, are tied to the drive gauge.

Side note: I like the way the Super setup is a cross between Alpha and SF3. Like Alpha characters have access to all three Supers, however each Super has different bar cost and maybe purpose. Each Super has a single level of strength. So you have a 1 bar, 2 bar, or 3 bar Super. Sorta reminds me of the Super setup I was thinking of in my hypothetical SF6 battle system.

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I think it's a reference to how everything, except supers, are tied to the drive gauge.

Side note: I like the way the Super setup is a cross between Alpha and SF3. Like Alpha characters have access to all three Supers, however each Super has different bar cost and maybe purpose. Each Super has a single level of strength. So you have a 1 bar, 2 bar, or 3 bar Super. Sorta reminds me of the Super setup I was thinking of in my hypothetical SF6 battle system.

Battle director and brand representative Darc_Requiem on stage with his pocket sized Black Panther toy doing the Shoryuken with the crowd 

8 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

They brought bum ass Rashid back but no Laura?😤 

Yea they need to bring back Laura , i want to have my alt lol. 

It's a bit weird they added 2 males from SFV and not a single female. But i guess Laura will be DLC, she will sell.

Edited by Skort
1 minute ago, elliephil said:

Kimberley has a walkman strapped to her leg... what year is this supposed to take place? 👴

Takes place in the year 2000 and BASED.

22 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

What exactly do you mean by this? Not arguing just trying to understand what you’re saying

With every other SF game, you can learn "the game" (the way that the system mechanic works etc) and apply those to a lot of characters. In SF5, everybody had a different v-skill and v-triggers all did super specific things that you had to spend time learning.

So in 3S if you learn about parrying, that's a unviersal thing, tick throws in ST are universal, you pick an Ism in A3 and the system stuff they give you works the same for all characters.  Even in a game like CvS2, once you learn a groove, you get to explore what your character does using stuff you already know how to use.

SF5 changed all that. Momochi complained about it a while back. Thinking back on it he was right. You could sort of figure out a lot, but then you needed to spend some time trying to work out wtf your v-skill was for, when to use it and how to get anything out of your trigger. That part of it made it hard to play characters with pseudo weirdo triggers. Like I learned a bit about Rashid but learning v-trigger stuff might as well have been a whole different thing.

1 minute ago, Skort said:

Yea they need to bring back Laura back, i want to have my alt lol. 

It's a bit weird they added 2 males from SFV and not a single female. But i guess Laura will be DLC, she will sell.

I'm not gonna lie I thought she had a really good chance of getting in on the base roster for 6. But for sure she'll be dlc. 

Bonita bae got way too many costumes she could sell. 

I'm a little surprised that they went with so many sf2 characters, I thought for sure they'd sprinkle some of the alpha or sf3 characters that were missing from 5. But it'll probably be dlc of course. Based off what's came so far I know Dudley would be sick

Juri's design looks a lot like her nostalgia costume with the costume code that removes her jacket.  I like it.  Lord knows Capcom will put out tons of costumes for her, so we'll have options.

What I'm more interested in is how she'll play.  Is she SFIV or SFV Juri?  Maybe a bit of both, or is her gimmick that she's different in each game?

What I want most is the freedom and mixups of SFIV FSE.  SFV FSE is too tame. 

I'm worried about parries affecting projectiles/zoning.  I just hope her design doesn't clash with battle systems, like how FADC seemed less useful to charge characters.

5 minutes ago, delete_me said:

She's great except for the horrible hair. Hopefully it looks less like a neon wig in-engine.

I kid you not, I legit thought that was a bandana.

Also, Capcom keeps taking dumps on Makoto fans.

Reaction from what I've seen from reddit and here has been overwhelmingly positive. It feels nice to see Capcom doing right by SF again. The last time where they really went out of their way to knock it out of the park was with the SF5 Season 3 announcement. The one that brought that hype ass intro video with Sakura, Cody, Sagat etc.

One little tidbit from that single player mode. The random luke avatar walked up to a dude and fist pumped him, game then shows like a few frames of it going into a fight with the random guy. So it may be that you can make your own avatar guy and then play him against randos in metro city.

Damn, Strive is godlike, most old games have rollback, SF6 looks awesome, FGC is pigging out at a buffet right now because the good ass eating is real.

15 minutes ago, Fatal Error XI said:

Juri's design looks a lot like her nostalgia costume with the costume code that removes her jacket.  I like it.  Lord knows Capcom will put out tons of costumes for her, so we'll have options.

What I'm more interested in is how she'll play.  Is she SFIV or SFV Juri?  Maybe a bit of both, or is her gimmick that she's different in each game?

What I want most is the freedom and mixups of SFIV FSE.  SFV FSE is too tame. 

I'm worried about parries affecting projectiles/zoning.  I just hope her design doesn't clash with battle systems, like how FADC seemed less useful to charge characters.

No denying her redesign is great,i really like the new look of her and yep she will more than likely have a lot of costumes for DLC. 

As for the gameplay, who knows really. Maybe some stuff will return from 4 maybe some from 5 ( i actually like her VS 1 a lot from 5 ) ,maybe something completely new. What i know for sure is that i want Juri to focus a lot on kick attacks, she is a taekwondo user, she needs to KICK. 

Please bring this into SF 6 as her super.

chunli-street-fighter.gif

Going back to her visual design, it seems that she dropped the eyepatch look and her hair covers her eye now ( unless i am seeing it wrong ). Regardless , her FSE will return in one way or another i think !  I am really curious 🙂

Edited by Skort

Not gonna lie, i feel a bit sad for Capcom that yet another leaked happened with this full roster thing after their data breach last year. 

It is what it is, but i can't hide my feeling of excitement that my fav character is in the game.

7 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

It’s nice having all this positive energy in the thread.

Yeah and its like...legitimate positive energy. You got people with wildly different opinions all looking at it and going "oh damn this looks dope". I hate parries but they brought them back in a really interesting way (At least it feels interesting to me).  I'm sure this is gonna be fun and games until Gief brute forces his way right up to your guts and SPDs your colon with the drive stuff.

Having all this options tied to meter feels well thought out. You get a lot of options that basically "let you cheat" by doing some extra stuff, but you have to use it well. Feels very Striveish in the way they approached Roman Cancels in that game where they are super powerful, but you don't get 50 meter a lot so it really matters how you use it.  The question now is: how do you refill drive meter? The gain aspect of it is going to matter a lot.

Roster wise we could argue back and forth, but keeping the World Warriors as a base is a great idea at this point. You already have at minimum 8 characters that people are familiar with. Even if they dress them up differently, there's a hook for returning players who may have skipped the previous version. If they are taking game balance seriously, then they can work on how that crew of 8 interacts with each other and then expand the situation from there.

The one thing I'm hoping is that all the color details from the game don't get in the way of the visuals. The initial version of Killer Instinct (the one they demoed at Evo) gave me some insane motion sickness. I tried to watch it and it quite literally made me sick. Hopefully this doesn't happen to people with this game. But sometimes the visual effects can get too crazy and it makes it hard to look at the action.

Also thank god that Capcom got hit with the UMvC3 type leak.This is way better now because we can entertain ourselves speculating and then wishing for reveal trailers all the way to 2023. The anticipation hype for characters in UMvC3 was amazing. With this trailer and the leaks, the amount of art on twitter is going to be nuts. People are going to have a whole lot of fun discussing character looks and possible play styles. Based leakers making sure Capcom has a true hype train.

In this particular case I don't think the leaks hurt them too much or are bad for the community. Now we know what we're roughly getting into but there's still a lot of information missing (basically everything but the concept design) and we can speculate a bit. It also helps that the roster is pretty solid. I don't think there's anyone who just hates it overall, they might not feel two or three characters but overall it looks like a good lineup on paper.

Also, to be honest, Capcom themselves doesn't seem to care too much. I think it was Max who pointed out that the press screenshots they sent out have a high enough resolution that you can basically check half the cast in one of the screenshots that show a tournament bracket.

5 minutes ago, Fatal Error XI said:

The only red flag I have with SF6 is that there's a PS4 version.  I'm assuming there's crossplay.  I know fighting games aren't the most demanding games out there, but I wonder if the PS4 being the lowest common denominator could effect the overall product. 

Really depends how well Capcom knows how to optimize their games. 

PS4 runs Red Dead Redemption 2 and that game is a beast. So it's definitely capable of running SF 6 i would guess. As for crossplay i hope it's between ALL platforms, but i kinda think it's gonna be PS 4 / 5  and   Xbox / PC limited .

Just make the game full crossplay, let the playerbase be large and active and add toggles to restrict connections to certain hardware,if people are that worried about quality of play. It should be the standard going foward for all fighting games.

Edited by Skort

Probably posted before, but full roster with English names in one pic instead of several:

Spoiler

9d8tzk3qwc391.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Honestly, no SF3 character picks is an extremely weird idea.

As for the vibes in the thread, seriously, what did y'all expect? A new SF is a new game, of course people are going to get hype, especially after the garbage we call SFV. Especially with some legit gameplay details instead of Wide Ryu and a placeholder logo.

JP seems to be the closest thing to a boss, especially if we take into consideration that according to Vergeben, he got Psycho Power.

1 minute ago, Skort said:

Btw, entire game seems to take place in Metro City yet no  Final Fight character in the launch roster. 

An odd choice to say the least.

Uhhhhh, good?

Just now, Fatal Error XI said:

The only red flag I have with SF6 is that there's a PS4 version.  I'm assuming there's crossplay.  I know fighting games aren't the most demanding games out there, but I wonder if the PS4 being the lowest common denominator could effect the overall product. 

Yes, hopefully for the better when it comes to optimization.

I don't wanna dump money on an upgrade! 😭

Just now, delete_me said:

In this particular case I don't think the leaks hurt them too much or are bad for the community. Now we know what we're roughly getting into but there's still a lot of information missing (basically everything but the concept design) and we can speculate a bit. It also helps that the roster is pretty solid. I don't think there's anyone who just hates it overall, they might not feel two or three characters but overall it looks like a good lineup on paper.

Also, to be honest, Capcom themselves doesn't seem to care too much. I think it was Max who pointed out that the press screenshots they sent out have a high enough resolution that you can basically check half the cast in one of the screenshots that show a tournament bracket.

Low-key might be part of their strategy to some extent. They seem to be very forthcoming with information about this game.

Also, World Tour will pull casuals if it turns out to be good. People love to make custom characters. Good single player content is a huge thing when it comes to making a FG actually profitable. Smart decision...

Wait. 

WHERE'S STORY AND ARCADE MODE!?

5 minutes ago, Skort said:

Really depends how well Capcom knows how to optimize their games. 

PS4 runs Red Dead Redemption 2 and that game is a beast. So it's definitely capable of running SF 6 i would guess. As for crossplay i hope it's between ALL platforms, but i kinda think it's gonna be PS 4 / 5  and   Xbox / PC limited .

Just make the game full crossplay, let the playerbase be large and active and add toggles to restrict connections to certain hardware. It should be the standard going foward for all fighting games.

RE engine is well known for running good even on low tier hardware. DMCV and the recent RE games do pretty good even on base ps4, so I'm less worried about it though it could end up being an issue

Edited by Shahenzan
8 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Shotouts to Ed Boon not knowing that electric effects in SF2 use to show the character's skeleton. Hell they've been doing this in every SF game for electric effects.

Boon commented because the caption says FINISH HIM. It’s Harada who’s making the fatality comparison for no reason 

Edited by Vhozite
17 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Weren't the performance issues of SFV tied to Unreal Engine?

No.

The performance issues came from the cheap ducktape they took to keep SFV together.

Lets hope they learned their lesson and do it better this time.

imagen another 5 years of sub 60fps Training Stage on the console the game was designed for.

1 minute ago, Mr.Cipher said:

No.

The performance issues came from the cheap ducktape they took to keep SFV together.

Lets hope they learned their lesson and do it better this time.

imagen another 5 years of sub 60fps Training Stage on the console the game was designed for.

Unreal Engine 4 caused lag offline and online on PS5 and PS4. (The exact same problems Strive, KOFXV, etc has offline.)

https://www.psu.com/news/epic-games-sony-are-working-to-resolve-input-delay-in-unreal-engine-ps5-fighting-games/

2 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

World tour is the story mode and the arcade mode probably

Considering how wack sfv story and arcade modes were it can only strictly be an improvement...right?

My brother in anime, have you ever seen a story with an OC/Custom Character turn out even remotely good? 😭

4 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I will now not bother to explain what framerates are and why Input Delay is something completly different and unrelated.

We were talking about performance issues tied with the PS4 and how that might hinder how far development could go. Most performance issues were tied (and are being looked into by Sony and Epic) to Unreal Engine 4 causing issues both online and offline. The netcode in sfv sucks, but the conversation is more than just online.

SF6 uses RE engine, so performance might not be as much of an issue.

Edited by elliephil

Going with the idea that the leak is true ( it probably is ) , let me say that i am a bit surprised a few characters are not in the base roster, such as :  

•  Rose. I totally expected her to be base roster mostly because the story hinted that she will have a major role to play  in SF 6 and she is also a fan favorite that joined SFV way too late ( 5 freakyn years later ).

• Menat or Laura. I thought at least a female from SFV would make it into the base roster but they added 2 males Rashid and ED. I can see them  returning as DLC i suppose,still an odd choice.

• Makoto. For how many cried for this character, i honestly expected to see her. Yet here we are.

• G .Pretty much everyone was saying that he will be the next bad guy moving forward and he is pretty much a lock for the initial roster.

Now, all of those characters have a good chance to be DLC i suppose,but yea, i expected some if not all of them to be launch.

Edited by Skort

When it comes to the PS4 version, I just don't want a situation where features are limited or missing and Capcom gives the excuse: "Because we wanted to maintain parity across platforms". 

When I saw there was a PS4 version, it reminded me of Mortal Kombat X, who also tried to develop  across hardware generations.  Which ultimately led to the  360 and PS3 versions being canceled.