Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

Since I'm sick and can't go outside I spend the entire day turning my steam deck into a fighting game machine. Installed emudeck and loaded it with a bunch of games.

I managed to get CvS2, MvC 1 & 2, Project Justice, Power Stone 1 & 2, Plasma Sword, Tech Romancer, KoF XI, Neo Geo battle coliseum, TvC, Jackie Chan fists of fire, kaiser knuckle 2, street fighter ex3, and soul calibur 2 running. There's some issues I still need to sort out.

I still couldn't get street fighter ex2 and the arcade version of Rival Schools running. I'm at a lost on which version of mame I need to use to get them running. Heihachi won't load when I run soul calibur 2. I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do about that but I think I got a bad iso. I've been having a hard time finding where folders where the save files are kept. I forgot how some of these games have unlockable characters. I'm going to download some saves and put them where they need to go.

14 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

Lol he should've thought of that before he let his Morton's get the best of him. Maybe the whole situation will help him think critically and watch who he blames for his Ls, and keep cool a bit? Clownin someone whether true or false isn't a good look, especially as we're on the cusp of getting new blood into SF6 soon 

Honestly...think I'd ban him for a year from CEO events. I'm cool with people beefing, talking shit etc. But this wasn't any of that. He did some dumb shit he does after every L. Except this time his army of socially unaware dixkriders started harassing a person and fucking up my event over it?

NAH SON

No way in hell can I let my event have that type of rep. You gotta let the rest of your customers know that you aren't gonna let a pseudo mob run unchecked. 

Punk gets kicked for a year and his dick riders can catch hands too. If he feels I'm wrong, he can get got for 3. You think this guy legit smelled bad and you can beat him? Get yourself a respirator and run the set. There's already a way to resolve issues in the FGV and it ain't that. 

Nupperz should've gone straight to the TO too. Not trying to hear shit after the fact. Lemme know while I can actively take care of it.

19 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Not sure who this applies to, but apparently Ontario, Canada is allowed in a US Midwest tournament so I am entering this shit (and ready to get smoked)

I’m unfortunately not going to be able to make this this week, but it seems to be a re-occurring event, so I will attend the next one.

If any of you guys have this on Steam and in US Midwest, it does seem like a great event to join/follow.

I currently only have Rev2 on PS4, but if anyone does want games (starting next week), lmk.

15 hours ago, ToreyBeans said:

Lol he should've thought of that before he let his Morton's get the best of him. Maybe the whole situation will help him think critically and watch who he blames for his Ls[...]

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I probably sound like a broken record but Punk seems to be maturing backwards. For the last five years he was the rebellious, dumb teenager who blames the world for everything bad that happens to him but now he's approaching middle school and is publicly claiming he doesn't want to play with someone anymore because they stink. 

Watch him start wearing diapers by the time SF7 gets announced.

Drive rush into normal gives so much frame advantage it's not even funny. 

Saw Juri combo off her drive rush into overhead . Feels good having an overhead in SF6 it seems. Drive impact is no joke but i feel like people will adapt and react with their own drive impact to counter it rather fast, while Drive Rush seems to be the real play here.

@ time stamps

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

I probably sound like a broken record but Punk seems to be maturing backwards. For the last five years he was the rebellious, dumb teenager who blames the world for everything bad that happens to him but now he's approaching middle school and is publicly claiming he doesn't want to play with someone anymore because they stink. 

Watch him start wearing diapers by the time SF7 gets announced.

I agree man... I'm starting to wonder if Punk and others might need to have an advisor of sorts to prevent this kinda stuff from happening. I'll gladly take a GG @ whoever over seeing any player get eviscerated because they won. Or even outright ban like Pertho said for unsportsmanlike conduct. Capcom will definitely step in if Punk continues this behavior during the CPT. Case in point:

https://www.esportstalk.com/news/after-vulgar-outburst-punk-gets-kicked-to-capcom-pro-tour-losers/

In the meantime, I'mma sit back and watch this Benjamin Button story unfold 👀

Edited by ToreyBeans

I definitely made sure to sign up. What I found interesting is that the official SF Twitter account mentioned the CBT on 9/18 and then it was also mentioned on 9/23. They may not have as many people signing up as they thought. Maybe Capcom over shot their projections on how many people would participate? If so we all gon eat good.

Edited by ToreyBeans
1 hour ago, ToreyBeans said:

I definitely made sure to sign up. What I found interesting is that the official SF Twitter account mentioned the CBT on 9/18 and then it was also mentioned on 9/23. They may not have as many people signing up as they thought. Maybe Capcom over shot their projections on how many people would participate? If so we all gon eat good.

If I remember right, the site crashed from demand, and they had to announce that entries would be a lottery, rather than on first-come basis. gl to all though!

Doing more work on the Steam Deck. I'm giving up on importing PS2 game saves for now. The program I was using doesn't play nice with linux. Even using vine it couldn't access the folders for the file path. There's a version of the that program that uses python but I have no idea how to use terminal so I'm leaving that alone.

I tested actual steam games this go around and almost every game I tested run without a hitch. When playing Strive Axel and Gio stage would lag. The other stages I played were fine. Tekken 7 would boot up and then exit out when I try to get into the main menu. I had to switch the game to compatibility mode to get working. Even then I had to set graphics quality to medium to get a solid 60 FPS on it. SFxT for some reason will launch on a tiny ass screen. I can't see anything. I have to switch over to desktop mode to get the game to launch normally. Yatagarasu wouldn't launch at all. Nothing I tried got it to work. 

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Husband of US congresswoman files for divorce after after cheats on him with... a Zangief Cosplayer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9246917/Marjorie-Taylor-Green-openly-cheated-husband-men-gym.html

I thought you were fucking around. She did fuck a Zangief cosplayer. This one woman gets more cuckoo for Coco Puffs every day. 🤣