Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

I'll def give Guile, Ryu, Chun, Cammy, Luke, Honda, and Juri a go while learning what makes the newcomers tick. That'll definitely be enough for a very long time, even if some are changed and I dislike the changes. I've always found something to enjoy in new mainline SF games.

4 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Thankful for this because I can't live in a world where fighting games are more optimal online 🥵

You don't live in one anyway.
Even with the problems, which are specific to just certain games,  those games still behave better offline in the ps5, which is the only console affected, than online.

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

You don't live in one anyway.
Even with the problems, which are specific to just certain games,  those games still behave better offline in the ps5, which is the only console affected, than online.

I never said I lived in one. If they hadn't begun working on optimization, that could have very well been the case as we go into the next generation.

7 hours ago, Hecatom said:

You know.

Is kind of Sad that Ryu is not allowed to evolve gameplay wise to reflect his lore simply because he is meant to be the basic character that newcomers can default to.

His SFV moveset is literally riddled with moves he got training to overcome the Saltsui no Hado and also work as a bridge to his SF3 moveset. His VT2 is literally the move he used to One Punch Necalli.

You're plain wrong on this one.

7 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Def Jam is fucking godlike with that story.

Ok, I gotta take the L on this one.

That game was on some good shit, excellent execution.

9 hours ago, Skort said:

Not gonna lie, i feel a bit sad for Capcom that yet another leaked happened with this full roster thing after their data breach last year. 

Meh, it's 2022. This shit is the new normal.

I'm just glad some of us don't have to live in anticipations of characters that aren't coming for at least another 2-3 years.

6 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Seeing this highlights just how much they phoned it in for early SFV

They were in a very different financial state then. A lot of bad business decisions were made. The success of the games that followed SF5 and subsequently SF5's comeback from the brink is probably one of the reasons why SF6 can enjoy such a rich launch now. I'm happy Capcom is turning it around like this, hoping SF6 will shatter all previous records.

16 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I'm just glad some of us don't have to live in anticipations of characters that aren't coming for at least another 2-3 years.

God this so fucking much. Hoping for a character and them not making it in is the shittiest thing FG devs do with their wack ass roster reveal strategy.

Rip the fucking band aid and then have fans vote on who they want to see a trailer for all the way up to release. That would be infinitely more engaging than "Oh man I hope makoto makes it" ad nauseum.

A day late to the party but I gotta say there is something really invigorating about the SFVI announcement. Game just legit looks cool. I feel it's kinda heralding a return to normal for the FGC I haven't felt since Covid meta started.  Something to look forward to. Between this and (hopefully) Riot's tag team fighter 2023 is gonna feel really good and I  can't wait.

And please tell me we got some leaks of that big lady Marissa or w/e her name is. I've wanted a character like this in SF for so long

6 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Juri boobs were fine in 4, then sfv went full retard 

I thought it was funny, cause SF4 stated Juri liked big boobs from what I recall, so it was like she had breast implants (shock horror, many women actually do get them done). I don't know, I just found that refreshingly honest.

Ibuki and Rose in SFV went the opposite way, both had significant reductions, so it wasnt like SFV boobed up every female.

Edited by mykka
47 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Now I know why Ryu's Tatsu looks so disconcerting. He's spinning in the opposite direction now. After 30 plus years of spinning counter clockwise, he's spinning clockwise and it's just weird man.

He finally spins in the right direction. 😭

2 hours ago, Jocelot said:

And please tell me we got some leaks of that big lady Marissa or w/e her name is. I've wanted a character like this in SF for so long

Other than the leak image, nothing else has been seen of Marisa/Mariza.

spacer.png

Only thing I don’t like is her hair. That shit looks like a runny egg.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Now I know why Ryu's Tatsu looks so disconcerting. He's spinning in the opposite direction now. After 30 plus years of spinning counter clockwise, he's spinning clockwise and it's just weird man.

I didn't notice this until you said something. 

But, he's still hitting with the outside of his leg rather than the inside and that's what counts. 

What always bothered me was M. Bison's Psycho Crusher looking like it's gonna spin one way but then spins the other.  Like WTF physics.

15 minutes ago, Volt said:

He finally spins in the right direction. 😭

What, to match your toilet bowl, Mr. Southern Hemisphere? 😂

2 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Only thing I don’t like is her hair. That shit looks like a runny egg.

I'm not fond of the character in general, dude looks like a lady lady looks like a dude.  

Not real crazy about female Abel either, she looks like a reject from a Ziggy Stardust production.