Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

20 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Jasen was a TechTalker in SRK. Homie is fully trustable.

Madcatz poorly handle constructive criticism resulting to muting, blocking and banning a technical criticism and feedback that kinda meh move for a bigbbrand, acting like those kickstarter and indiegogo small time projects lol

Edited by Shakunetsu
33 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Snip

So the kid asking the question. I ran into him in one of the random strive discords. He is young, out of high school, super sheltered and didn't socialize all that much. I believe he is in the group of young players I ran into who were home schooled (No joke this was like at least 3-4 players and its fucking crazy that it was that many).

That said, he got mouthy with me one time with me and I just let it slide since I wasn't about to Kenshiro somebody who was already showing to have some type of emotional problems. Asking in earnest, but the guy is about as life experienced as kindergartner.

1 hour ago, Maravilla said:

I mean.. won't projectiles,traps,etc. make all characters more fun to play? IMO mk type characters are just fun as hell, we don't need soul caliber 1  gameplay of only poking until someone wins, ya feel me? 

I despise MK so I literally don't want that.

This is actually really cool wtf lol

How did fucking Tekken get special intros but SF6 didn't 😭

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

So the kid asking the question. I ran into him in one of the random strive discords. He is young, out of high school, super sheltered and didn't socialize all that much. I believe he is in the group of young players I ran into who were home schooled (No joke this was like at least 3-4 players and its fucking crazy that it was that many).

That said, he got mouthy with me one time with me and I just let it slide since I wasn't about to Kenshiro somebody who was already showing to have some type of emotional problems. Asking in earnest, but the guy is about as life experienced as kindergartner.

Yeah I've read how fucked the dating app scene is and it's hard not to feel sympathy for a lot of young males out there. (I mean like holy fuck I'm glad I'm married.)

I ain't good with people, but  I'm thankful there's people out there like HealthyGamer and Jordan Peterson who can speak to that generation or two about how to get your life together, or at least give some perspective on the whole thing so you can chart a path for yourself.

2 hours ago, Maravilla said:

I mean.. won't projectiles,traps,etc. make all characters more fun to play? IMO mk type characters are just fun as hell, we don't need soul caliber 1  gameplay of only poking until someone wins, ya feel me? 

My guy with respect if you want characters like they have in MK so bad go play that lol. You sound like the guy trying to order a Whopper at Taco Bell.

16 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Yeah I've read how fucked the dating app scene is and it's hard not to feel sympathy for a lot of young males out there. (I mean like holy fuck I'm glad I'm married.)

I’m not about to derail this thread with a whole diatribe on this but if a young man has to watch a YouTuber or ask strangers online on how to get romantic interest society (his family, his friends, his “village”, etc) has all failed him. 

Talking as someone who’s been there, son needed a proper father figure or  other good male role models in his life cause someone dropped the ball.

Edited by Vhozite
11 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I’m not about to derail this thread with a whole diatribe on this but if a young man has to watch a YouTuber or ask strangers online on how to get romantic interest society (his family, his friends, his “village”, etc) has all failed him. 

Takes a village, my guy. The problem with twitter is that its akin to just shouting something in a crowded street. What you get back is what you get back.

When I was in those discord with young people I was very...careful and honest on giving advice. We don't know people's stories so if we're in a position to give proper advice (explain which things are mistakes, why and how to avoid them), then you should.

Funny enough the GD lounge had some great conversations about life issues towards the end. Its unfortunate that the forums had to die because it became a great place to discuss men issues.

3 hours ago, Maravilla said:

I play grapplers to do quick and easy damage. A projectile won't put the fear of God into someone like a grab.

9 minutes ago, Sonero said:

When I was in those discord with young people I was very...careful and honest on giving advice. We don't know people's stories so if we're in a position to give proper advice (explain which things are mistakes, why and how to avoid them), then you should.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t give advice I’m saying he shouldn’t need to ask you bc someone he knows irl should be hooking him up. Even if your intentions are good you can’t really know his life situation the way someone he knows irl would, so you might not be able to give him the advice he needs. 

At the bare minimum he needed to be in public school developing real social skills. School isn’t just about knowledge it’s an environment where they are forced to interact with others and learn to function within a group. I knew a few homeschooled kids growing up and I see some now they always end up weird.

Edited by Vhozite
3 hours ago, Maravilla said:

SF6 starts you off will a full  "EX" meter, Supers are separated from the EX meter, and characters have larger move sets, and most of them have a system mechanic unique to them. Not only that they've incorporated the V-Triggers of several characters into their move set. Chun Li is typically a character that has a lot complexity to her. More so in SF6 with her new stance. but a prime example of how much sauce they've given each character is Ken. Ken has two new special moves and three of his special moves have different properties when executed from his run. Basic DP, Fireball, Tatsu Ken isn't so basic anymore.

59 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I’m not saying you shouldn’t give advice I’m saying he shouldn’t need to ask you bc someone he knows irl should be hooking him up. Even if your intentions are good you can’t really know his life situation the way someone he knows irl would, so you might not be able to give him the advice he needs. 

At the bare minimum he needed to be in public school developing real social skills. School isn’t just about knowledge it’s an environment where they are forced to interact with others and learn to function within a group. I knew a few homeschooled kids growing up and I see some now they always end up weird.

Oh yeah for sure, but we don't wanna say your social circle failed you GGs bro maybe next life.  

This youngblood throws this question out on Twitter cause who else does he have to ask, so who's to ask him back, if that seems to be true and you don't like where this is headed, drop the game and go a different way. Cause it ain't gonna change on its own. Knowing why there are no maidens don't change the fact that the maidens are elsewhere. So you gotta make a choice.

afaik most homeschooled kids know they're a bit weird. Probably why they hang out together.

Capcom is back at their height/weight bullshit. There is no way Manon is 5'9". Cammy is 5'5".  Manon is well over 4" taller than her. Capcom is saying Ryu and Manon are the same height. I call bullshit. Also Cammy is 134lbs and Manon is 129lbs. Manon is at bare minimum the same height as Elena.  The FGC isn't the only one with crack problem. Capcom needs to enter rehab.

29 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Capcom is back at their height/weight bullshit. There is no way Manon is 5'9". Cammy is 5'5".  Manon is well over 4" taller than her. Capcom is saying Ryu and Manon are the same height. I call bullshit. Also Cammy is 134lbs and Manon is 129lbs. Manon is at bare minimum the same height as Elena.  The FGC isn't the only one with crack problem. Capcom needs to enter rehab.

old soul calibur games had astaroth weighing in at 200 pounds

japan doesn't understand how weight works

46 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

So I finally maxed my Cammy out today at Lvl.99. 

I know the level system ain't a big deal, but it was a reminder of all the time I put into her.

Countless yrs of cR.MP cR.MP X Spiral Arrow.

It's been fun. 

Damn dude. I got my Karin up to level 86 and I've been playing since release. Your Cammy is maxed out.

1 hour ago, Jocelot said:

Interesting I think? It's a bit more simple than  his Deja Vu in Xrd.... but also seems a bit more confusing imo. 

Each special move has its corresponding follow up. 

Projectile —> Tracking lightning bolt

Spin —> Multihit explosion

Big Slap —> Giving head

The follow up will automatically happen after some time, but you can either do it manually or reset the timing. It’s install powers up the follow up attacks. Spin’s explosion followup pushes the opponent to full screen while the projectile followup looks to do more damage and is bigger. They didn’t show big slap’s change. If you do a special before the install super, you’re still in the malfunction state and can do the followup. 

8 hours ago, Sonero said:

Cross Up been banned for a bit. you aren't allowed to have the extra buttons for inputs.

This was all a long time coming though. Apparently SF6 cleans up simultaneous inputs but hardware overrides software.

RDT_20230330_0730578876868578757263455.j

I mostly remember some big brain argument that assigning the lever to analog control technically makes the CrossUp legal since it doesn't explicitly state in the rules whether a lever is still considered a lever if it outputs an analog stick while using the directional buttons as a dpad, similar to a dualshock 4... which I don't agree with and still think it should be banned.

Quite honestly, Capcom needs to do a better job writing out what a legal controller looks like. For example: four directional inputs (up, down, left, right on JOYSTICK LEVER, BUTTONS, DPAD or ANALOG STICK, no combination of any these), eight face buttons, start, select, guide. Ez... until you realize that disqualifies pad. Fix game pls.

Edited by elliephil
On 3/28/2023 at 7:58 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Actually, it's not her CA. It's her level 3. The CA was in Cammy's reveal trailer.

Well damn i  stand corrected. I actually think they should have switched it up and made her LVL 3 the CA since its, in my humble opinion, the more dynamic option.

All right so after seeing this gameplay, i don't see any reason i'll pick Gief as long as Manon exists.

I guess it all comes down to if you prefer the sweat of muscles over ballet.

Players are losing their collective #@%! over Gief's damage but Manon's Medal system is flying right under the radar lol!! 

1 hour ago, elliephil said:

Quite honestly, Capcom needs to do a better job writing out what a legal controller looks like. For example: four directional inputs (up, down, left, right on JOYSTICK LEVER, BUTTONS, DPAD or ANALOG STICK, no combination of any these), eight face buttons, start, select, guide. Ez... until you realize that disqualifies pad. Fix game pls.

They did. You can only have on set of directions on non-pad peripherals. Now they're talking about the SOCD cleaning.

Happy to report that if you have a hitbox, the old SF4 short cut of df, d,df for DPs is still there. So the way you do DPs on hitbox for SF6 is hold down and then tap forward twice + button.

Thank you based capcom going after the dirty charge characters. 😂

I know the real reason is that Capcom throws darts at a board to establish character weights. However, my head-canon for cammy’s weight in this case is that maybe she is lightly augmented from her time as a Doll. Not like full cyborg but maybe genetically modified to have denser bones and muscles or something.

Capcom I’ll take my check in the mail please.

Edited by Vhozite