Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

My thoughts so far:

And by that I mean Easy Input Gems.  Here's why there was such an uproar about that along with my thoughts on the Drive system.

1) It's a cute idea to slowly train newbies into learning the actual commands, but if you have to go into ranked with this against other people, one button DPs and Flash Kicks and SPDs can be a big problem unless the game turns into something that stops being Street Fighter altogether. But we shall see.  

2) The Drive Meter doesn't appeal to me.  It sounds like something that will further neuter playstyle variety which was a huge issue with SFV until its final patches. 

3)  I DO however like some of the different mechanics that go with that meter.  I'm hoping Drive Parry works more like a Guard Impact from older Soul Calibur games rather than how useless it was for most of Ryu's lifetime in SFV where the risks far outweighed the reward.  

4) Open world, sure why not.  

6) Interesting to see the SF2 regulars finally showing their age.  

6) "Modern Style" being called what it is...I mean I said for years  going back to DBFZ taking off where the rabbit hole on that was leading but seeing it reach this point is quite depressing.  These zoomers really are too lazy.

7)  The commentator stuff should probably be left to professional voice actors rather than CPT talking heads, but I'm happy for my colleagues in the commentary world having this amazing opportunity.  That being said I hope I can leave that off.  It's just not something I want as I'm playing.

I don't think I like too much the style they are going for. The whole thing reminds me of of Tekken and Def Jam.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

I didn't like it either; looks like she got a freaky facelift.

29 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

The rumors about Capcom maybe toning down the sexyness to appease the Twitter puritans might be overplayed.

At the very least it seems that Capcom decided to continue the tradition of expanding Chun-Li's thighs with the new game like the Qing dynasty expanded China's borders:

I noticed that, yeah, BUT they seem to have reduce her breast size from SFV, so that's criminal. No training costumes for her I fear. And yeah, I did confuse you with BornWinner lol.

And even if Chun-li is retired, this outfit looks so... bland.

Edited by AriesWarlock
26 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

1) It's a cute idea to slowly train newbies into learning the actual commands, but if you have to go into ranked with this against other people, one button DPs and Flash Kicks and SPDs can be a big problem unless the game turns into something that stops being Street Fighter altogether. But we shall see.  

Yeah, I've already said this will be a problem if there's no drawback. High level players will just start using the simple input and then shit hits the fan.

DasVergen leak seems to be accurate, he seemed to have guessed 3 of the newcomers already shown. This confirms Phantom too. Also mexican girl related to T-Hawk, could it be Noembelu redesigned? 

Anyway, I honestly thought the trailer was hype, and I'm not even the 3rd strike guy (at all)

Edited by mykka
22 minutes ago, elliephil said:

image0.jpg

So, am I tripping or is there no stun bar?

I assume that the usage of the drive gauge as well as the "burnout state" will create plenty of openings without a normal stun state.

The trailer was more than I expected, showing a new character and system mechanics was surprising.

Edited by Jurassic
18 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Yeah, I've already said this will be a problem if there's no drawback. High level players will just start using the simple input and then shit hits the fan.

The kicker will be exactly which LMH buttons are available to the character compared to their 6 button layout. If it's their best button of each strength then yeah, that on top of one button no-charge charge moves is gonna be a tough thing to justify over Classic style.

20 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

People seemed to be missing out on the fact that you lose out on having all 6 of your normals and only have access one strength of each special move. High level players are NOT using simple inputs. You can't play at high level without all your resources. Simple inputs just seems to be a way for casuals to "do cool shit". 

23 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

From what I could see, they mention the classic mode you have access to full control over your character. I'm thinking the modern mode you'll be restricted on what you can actually do.

8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

People seemed to be missing out on the fact that you lose out on having all 6 of your normals and only have access one strength of each special move. High level players are NOT using simple inputs. You can't play at high level without all your resources. Simple inputs just seems to be a way for casuals to "do cool shit". 

This gave me flashback on EASY MODE settings of MVSF back in the day haha

4 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Currently watching Max’s stream right now and the Battle Hub  page on the official site revealed a ton of characters names.

Hide contents

4S0gBXD.jpg

Jamie

Ryu

Chun

Blanka

Luke

Juri

Zangief

Guile

Cammy

E. Honda

Dhalsim

Lily

Kimberly

Kanon/Manon/Mr. Non

I guess Ken is fucking dead.

MZq6hPu.gif

Edit: SF6 is a visual showcase. I'm a big fan of what they've done with Bun Li.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Art style is great but not distinct. It looks like a mashup of Tekken and MK. It's saving grace is the particle effects but SF4/5 looked far more unique on launch compared to other fighters.

That open world sequence could literally be from any game.

Still trying to keep an open mind but none of this makes me hype.

28 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Ahh that makes sense. I thought this was something that was accessible at all times the way anime games work. Pressing triangle for hadouken would restrict access to st.mp. I'm fine with that.

Edited by HeavensCloud

Game seems super promising so far. I'm looking forward to trying out the world tour -ish open world mode. It's something relaxing to do as warm-up or cool down from ranked.

Simple controls will probably keep the good moves and drop the more niche ones so beginners aren't overwhelmed.  Once they git gud they'll notice that that odd MP  would really be useful in a couple occasions and they eventually make the switch to classic controls.

Roman_Reigns_IN.gif

There's a LOT to unpack here. World Tour means @Darc_Requiemand @CESTUS IIIare going to have a waifu factory running 24/7. I wonder how Custom Characters are going to work.

Chun is retired, so we're either close to 3S or past it story-wise, likely the former.

I don't really dig the visual effects, they look way too distracting tbh. I like the idea of going back to street culture like SF3 tho.

Looks like we got multiple Super Arts again, Modern inputs show that they have different inputs like the specials, which means that all of them are available at all times.

Speaking of Modern scheme... That shit is literally ArcSys-style Stylish mode you lunatics. 🤣

As for the Drive system... Well, first things first. No comeback mechanics!!!

yes-wwe.gif

The Drive system really looks interesting tho, looks like you'll be able to express your own style when playing.

There are also bad news tho. Fukkin parries are back and metered, so they're not even good anyway. It gets worse. Focus Attacks. I'm gonna throw up.

lol Dash Cancels will be either Cammy VT2-tier ass or moronic. No in-between. EX Moves being tied to Drive is really interesting tho.

On the other hand, that means the Super bar only works for Supers. That's going to make the game pretty dangerous since you'll be able to cash in for a chunk of damage pretty often with no drawbacks.

Not what I expected, but I'll take it.