Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

There are some aspects of Juri that I wonder if they will adapt depending on the opponent. First of all, will she say "what a pretty face" when using Level 3 Super against Blanka? Let's hope not!

Also, depending on how big Gief and Marisa (?) are, they will have to adjust the sit-on-top animation a bit. But the funny thing is, considering all the flourishes this game seems to be getting, I'm actually expecting them to do it at this point. They seems to be going all-out with this game and putting in a lot of technically unnecessary details that still elevate the perceived quality of the product.

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

First of all, will she say "what a pretty face" when using Level 3 Super against Blanka? Let's hope not!

Well, she probably will say the same thing because when she is saying "pretty / lovely  face" she is not really talking about it being pretty in the true sense of the word ,she is talking about how it looks after she beat the crap out of the the opponent. So , pretty as in, messed up.Twisted but fits her character.

Keep in mind her win quote vs Cammy " I kinda like you, enough to want to bloody you even more"

Edited by Skort
3 hours ago, delete_me said:

There are some aspects of Juri that I wonder if they will adapt depending on the opponent. First of all, will she say "what a pretty face" when using Level 3 Super against Blanka? Let's hope not!

She will likely say "pretty face" to everybody, only change i can see is on desperation version she will probably switch personality becoming angry af and insult the opponent

Some char (Chun and Jamie so far) super change a lot animation wise in desperation version, given Juri's crazy changes of mode i'm almost sure she will be one

3 hours ago, delete_me said:

Also, depending on how big Gief and Marisa (?) are, they will have to adjust the sit-on-top animation a bit. But the funny thing is, considering all the flourishes this game seems to be getting, I'm actually expecting them to do it at this point. They seems to be going all-out with this game and putting in a lot of technically unnecessary details that still elevate the perceived quality of the product.

Considering she sits on the belly real problem would be with particular fat characters... Marisa and even Zangief have relatively lean bellly, guess of the  current 22 Honda is the most likely to give problems lol

But yeah, i doubt they will do it specifically for every char, but considering current attention for detail it's possible they will do a variant of the cutscene for "big characters" where her ass land bit higher from the ground

Btw it's going to look fun scene on big char, imagery Jury vs Hugo would look like she slayed a monster or something lol

Edited by CESTUS III
20 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

She will likely say "pretty face" to everybody, only change i can see is on desperation version she will probably switch personality becoming angry af and insult the opponent

I keep forgetting about the desperation Super, good point. 

-

Unrelated, but I also finally got around to watching Top8. It's a shame Idom didn't make it all the way, after such a phenomenal run I really wanted him to win. Nothing against Kawano, but he didn't have such a difficult road to travel.

Other than that I'm really happy it didn't turn out to be a Luke fest. Seems most players preferred staying with their tried and tested mains instead, which made for a very diverse Top8.

Also, for the record and because I like pointing it out, Idom probably landed about 30 overheads with Laura during Top8. You know, the very slow and reactable overhead that online warriors tell you is garbage and if you get hit you're equally bad? That one, yes. 

I need to see more gameplay of Juri. They haven't shown all,her level 1 super was not in the trailer but based on the description I found on a playstation blog that I can't find anymore it's going to be a mix of her SF4 super ( not ultra ) and her SFV CA 

So ,multiple fuhajin ki blasts and ending in a big fireball release.

Her level 2 is obviously the FSE.

Her level 3 is her SF4 ultra 2,I'm so glad they brought this back,this move has so much personality.

I wish they would had shown more,her fuha charges put the opponent into a lot of juggles,especially with the medium fuha that now ground bounces the opponent,so there are definitely multiple followups she can do.

They gave us enough to be hyped but left us asking for more,I guess it's intended to keep the hype going.

Edited by Skort
6 minutes ago, Skort said:

I need to see more gameplay of Juri. They haven't shown all,her level 1 super was not in the trailer but based on the description I found on a playstation blog that I can't find anymore it's going to be a mix of her SFR super ( not ultra ) and her SFV CA

Maybe she and Kimberly will get some gameplay vid soon after, like Guile did

But beyond that, wonder when next big event/reveal is going to be, hope we get something before TGS (15-18 sept)

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

They might do a singular reveal at Geoff Keighley's Gamescom show, like they did on Summer Game Fest with Guile. Maybe one of the many remaining World Warriors or Ed (because apparently he's German). Wouldn't necessarily count on it but it's a possibility.

That's a good guess, actually if they want go by character/region like they did a bit with SFV launch, Gamescom may be good platform for one (or more) euro characters, so not only Ed but also Marisa and Manon

Actually Ed+Marisa/Manon/both may work pretty much like their Juri+Kimberly reveal did (vet and new mix)

I'm counting Cammy "out" mostly because she have such popularity that can be good for whatever event, but really could launch there too

Starting to think they may save Ken for TGS

Wonder how they will handle Zangief/JP

Late response, but @TWINBLADES if you get MK11 and want games, let me know. Since that top 8, I’ve been missing it and wanna get back into it.

Also, if anyone else is still playing it @Hawkingbird @Vhozite @Darc_Requiem @misterBee (and anyone I missed) and up for games, let me know.

I also wanna play Samsho, and try Melty too.

@Hecatom I’m up for Samsho this weekend if that still works for you.. tagging @DoctaMario and @Reticently as well

Edited by Mattatsu
1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

Late response, but @TWINBLADES if you get MK11 and want games, let me know. Since that top 8, I’ve been missing it and wanna get back into it.

Also, if anyone else is still playing it @Hawkingbird @Vhozite @Darc_Requiem @misterBee (and anyone I missed) and up for games, let me know.

I also wanna play Samsho, and try Melty too.

@Hecatom I’m up for Samsho this weekend if that still works for you.. tagging @DoctaMario and @Reticently as well

Did MK get crossplay yet?  My PS4 has been loaned to a friend.  I can only play on PC.

18 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Did MK get crossplay yet?  My PS4 has been loaned to a friend.  I can only play on PC.

I have it on PC as well, so it’s all good. But yo answer your question, I’m pretty sure it does have crossplay but only between two platforms (I think PS and XB, but I could be wrong) 

34 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I have it on PC as well, so it’s all good. But yo answer your question, I’m pretty sure it does have crossplay but only between two platforms (I think PS and XB, but I could be wrong) 

18 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Is only crossplay between PS4/5 and the Xbox consoles.

PC can only play with other PC

And Switch only with Switch.

Oh that's alright then.  I have it on Xbox too I think.