Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

24 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

That list surely was put by a fg hipster.

Is part games that barely no one played but are claimed by their fanbase as the best games ever (even if they are hot trash, like 3s) and some current games that are popular/known (Tekken 7, Strive) just to give credence.

KOFXIII over any actual popular KOF?

Is like they said, you can't spell Ignorant without IGN 🤣

You're just triggered because they put Strive #2 😁

I think their goal was to pick only one game from each series.  Otherwise, most people's lists would probably have multiple games from the same franchise.  

1 minute ago, HeavensCloud said:

You're just triggered because they put Strive #2 😁

I think their goal was to pick only one game from each series.  Otherwise, most people's lists would probably have multiple games from the same franchise.  

If it was only glamorous garbage strive, but the entirety of the list is clownery at its finest

3s outside of the 3s fans has never been considered a great game, many people didn't even know that it existed until SF4.

Its unbalanced, has mechanics that people consider terrible, etc.

It almost killed the franchise and was one of the reasons why Capcom abandoned making fgs for so long.

MK9, love the game, in fact it could be considered my fav mk of all time, but in no way is a top 10 material.

KOFXIII is gorgeous to look at, but in no way someone who plays kof games will tell you that it is better than 98 or 2002.

It also suffers the problems of 3s, that is an unbalanced game and almost killed SNK again, making them stop making fgs for almost 6 years.

I like Skullgirls but is an unknown game that for a good portion of its life was actually on the bad game side due its balance and mechanics, and it was until way later that the combos were reduced in lenght that it became a better game.

I can give room for UMVC3 and KI, but then we have to question what is the reasoning for their inclusion, because if it were legacy, MVC2 would make waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better sense than umvc3.

I like umvc3, but I would never put it over mvc2 (i don't like the game btw) since the legacy of said game is big, since it was a pillar of the usa fgc.

VF5US is a good game, but its importance for the series is very small, it is a bleep on the history of the franchise

If we were going by legacy, how is 3s a game that killed the franchise the best game over 2 who basically made the genre or 4 the game that some people like to say it was the one that revived the scene?

How is umvc3 the one that is on the spot if mvc2 sustained the usa fgc for a decade.

If is sales, a lot of those games sold poorly, with 2 of those 3s and KOFIII almost killing the series.

If is how influential they are, none of those games can be considered influential since neither of them have created a new trend for upcoming fighters (which is more or less what other games witha a huge legacy had.)

Like I said, is a hipster list to put some where the person put some current games just to give credence to putting his/her fav games.

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

MK9, love the game, in fact it could be considered my fav mk of all time, but in no way is a top 10 material.

I love MK9 as well and I agree that it's not top 10 material. Though I think that game made the list because of how much that game revitalized MK. Kinda like how people like to say that SF4 brought back fighting games even though that's not true. It's the game that made people fans again after the abysmal 3D era and the competitive scene for it was pretty damn sweet given how utterly broken the game is. I can understand it from a historical perspective.

4 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Something that people needs t keep in mind regardless the current sales number for SFV is that capcom is counting the sales figures for both Arcade Edition and Champions Edition alongside Vanilla as 1 single game, which by itself is whatever until you see that for other games like Monster Hunter World and MHW Iceborne it counts the updates separatedly.

Also, is not really surprising that sold millions when it has been on sale multiple times over the years.

What is amazing is how it went from barely reaching its 3 month goal that took almost 4 years to get, that it was 2.5 millions into its current number in what, 2 years?

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some form of numbers inflation by counting people like me who bought the upgrade as a new purchase for the game 🤣

Oh i'm sure they cheated like motherfuckers to reach that number and use it to flex 

But what i'm saying is SFV still made capcom lot of money (consider also season pass and DLC stuff), while teh internet constantly say was crap game and complete fail 

Basically i'm saying that even with caapcom going absolutely full retard, Street Fighter as a brand itself is still so powerful that will allow good sales even with shitty performance 

Now, SF6 seems to do LOT of things right compared to SFV, so i'm guessing the potential of it being big success are high

18 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

likely an indirect signal from Max about FreeMVC2 campaign

I know that people want to see a new marvel game, but imo, capcom is better doing a Capcom All Stars that uses the vs series as a template.

It gives them more freedom and flexibility to provide a game that can last for years instead of someone that gets delisted every time that the license expires.

58 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I know that people want to see a new marvel game, but imo, capcom is better doing a Capcom All Stars that uses the vs series as a template.

It gives them more freedom and flexibility to provide a game that can last for years instead of someone that gets delisted every time that the license expires.

My crackhead theory as to why Capcom hasn’t done this yet is because the last Capcom vs Capcom game was a huge failure. Of course, I am talking about Capcom Fighting Evolution. I know it doesn’t make sense, but this is the same company that decided Darkstalkers wasn’t worth it because it didn’t make Resident Evil numbers.

7 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

My crackhead theory as to why Capcom hasn’t done this yet is because the last Capcom vs Capcom game was a huge failure. Of course, I am talking about Capcom Fighting Evolution. I know it doesn’t make sense, but this is the same company that decided Darkstalkers wasn’t worth it because it didn’t make Resident Evil numbers.

Gonna quote an older post from mine regarding this subject

What is funny is that the Dark Stalkers collection wasn't a flop like many people believe.

It debuted as the 7th highest selling game on the PSN, on the month that released march 2013, just behind Bioshock Infinite and the Tomb Raider reboot, games that sold like 1 million copies on the first 24h after their releases.

And if you actually look at the timeline and the evidence, you can see that the events that happened behind walls were more than just, oh the re release didnt sell well.

When the trailer of DS are not dead released, SFxT have not released yet, it was like a year before that.

According to Udon, capcom was working on a new DS project, which is why they rejected their pitch for a HD Remix for DS3.

Then SFxT released, flopped/didn't meet expectations.

Around that time, Capcom announces with a new trailer the re release of the old games.

A trailer that was used only for that announcement, one that was done at closed doors, a trailer that was never shown again and wasnt even put on the gallery for the Re release of the games.

It was a high quality trailer in the vein of the SFxT trailers, too much effort for a game of such small scope.

And a such a small scope game for something that was on production for more than 2 years by that point.

Everything pointed out that it was the failure of SFxT that made capcom have cold feet and very likely cancel or at least put on hold their plans for the new DarkStalkers.

Then add that some time after Ono left capcom, he revealed that the trailer wasn't for the re releases.

I don't doubt that Capcom tryied to gauge the interest on the series with the re releases, and very likely had stupid expectations.

But no.

If we look at the evidence, we can see that the ports very likely sold well enough that dismantles the notion that they flopped.

Also, that guy is not a shill.

Is a Battered Wife.

Imo it was more about SFxT flopping and UMVC3 not selling as much as SF4 that made them rethink their fg strategy and make them scale back how many games they will release

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I would love a sequel to Tatsunoko vs Capcom. The game is underrated. Fix the how burst works and it will be a winner. 

Personally i just want Capcom vs SNK 3 lol

Or give me the Tekken x Street Fighter that Namco was making and then disappeared

Only other that would get me hyped would be an ideal Capcom vs Sega, but reality is i don't trust them to do it right, nor in art style or picks (specially on sega side)... so just give me Capcom vs SNK 3 pls

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Yeah that's the better direction because it's flexible no need for other complicated stuff 

I wonder if even Capcom would need to ask Marvel which characters on there side are welcome to a Marvel vs Capcom game.

I would love a sequel to Tatsunoko vs Capcom. The game is underrated. Fix the how burst works and it will be a winner. 

It was also have a community online 

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Honestly, this is something I've wanted to see for awhile. MVC with a whole Capcom cast. Like you said, no license issues. They can continue updating the game freely with no deadlines. I really hope this is Capcom's next fighting game after SF6.

40 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Only other that would get me hyped would be an ideal Capcom vs Sega, but reality is i don't trust them to do it right, nor in art style or picks (specially on sega side)... so just give me Capcom vs SNK 3 pls

Do you mean as a fighting game? Project x Zone is Capcom vs Sega for all intents and purposes with Namco thrown in.

48 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Yes as classic capcom style fighting game

the topic was something about the issue of MVC because of the relation of both companies involve MARVEL and CAPCOM.

Tekken vs SF and Capcom vs Snk isn't a replacement or any means of answer to  MVC2 or any MVC. They are unrelated LOL

You have no idea what your talking about

That's why @Hawkingbirdwas mentioning Tatsunoko vs Capcom. 

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

You quoted him with this answer

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Personally i just want Capcom vs SNK 3 lol

Or give me the Tekken x Street Fighter that Namco was making and then disappeared

Do you mean as a fighting game? Project x Zone is Capcom vs Sega for all intents and purposes with Namco thrown in.

Then he gave you examples

your answer again lol

48 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Yes as classic capcom style fighting game

LOL

Edited by Shakunetsu
19 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Justin Wong corroborating what others have said about SF6's "heaviness" and how that's similar to MK10-11 is concerning in the new Events Hub article.

It can either be from input delay or walkspeeds are ass.

They really need to quit messing with walkspeeds and go back to ST tier walks. Zangief walked super fast in that game. Then they decided to make him a lumbering beast and everybody else one too. Things have been shit ever since.

21 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Justin Wong corroborating what others have said about SF6's "heaviness" and how that's similar to MK10-11 is concerning in the new Events Hub article.

Then again SF5 played like a completely different game at the same point in its lifecycle.

Even without playing it I believe it, every bit of footage I’ve seen looks just a tad bit slow to me.  So it adds up. 

Games still got plenty of time to be tweaked.

On 8/11/2022 at 7:47 AM, delete_me said:

You kind of have to differentiate between Xbox as a whole and Xbox One. DoA was, relatively speaking, a big success on the first Xbox and during the PS3/360 generation most fighting games went toe-to-toe in terms of sales, often even slightly favouring Xbox360 due to a better online infrastructure and more stable framerates (the latter of which made it the tournament standard in most cases).

Xbox One had a horrible launch that made them lose a lot of a ground early on in the console race. It also certainly didn't help that SFV was an exclusive game. Say what you want about the state it launched in, it was a deciding factor for the hardcore crowd to get into the PS4 ecosystem for fighting games for that generation and that left Microsoft's system completely in the dust (which is a shame, because early seasons 1&2 of Killer Instinct were fantastic).

With that said I'd argue there's a decent sized community on Xbox for fighting games now. Series XS isn't far behind PS5 in terms of sales and it has a significantly better image than Xbox One did. The biggest issue Xbox has to face now is one they made themselves, because a lot of people rather play stuff that's on Gamepass instead of paying 60 bucks for a new game. Whether or not that will impact SF6's performance on the system, well, we'll have to see.

Ehhh...

There is a reason why most fg developers stopped releasing their games on the xbox consoles.

Outside the nrs games and to some extent the capcom games, the sales numbers for most fgs have been always abysmal for fgs on the console.

ASW for example dropped it completely during the 360 era because the sales were less than 10% of what they made on the ps familyl

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Seriously just make characters walk faster. I don't know wtf Japan's problem is with this shit. BBTag, for all its faults, had it right. Stop relying on dash as a means to move around. Make pressing forward move you at a speed that feels good and let it rock.

Yeah, what is the problem with japan, is not like the nrs games, KI, SG adn other usa made games also have slow walk speeds 🙄