Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Yeah, what is the problem with japan, is not like the nrs games, KI, SG adn other usa made games also have slow walk speeds

Point a problem with Japanese games.

> But what about America?

Glad you asked, all three of those games are wack. Anyways Glorious Nippon needs to get with it. Make their characters walk they got somewhere to be.

KOF’s season 2 has been supposedly leaked by 4Chan. probably fake but I thought it was sharing.

Spoiler

pSSerpg.jpg

Team 5: Shingo Yabuki, Alice Garnet Nakata, Sie Kensou

Team 6: Kim Kaphwan, Gang-il, either May Lee (Kamen Rider) or Jhun Hoon (Athena)

Team 7: Adelheid Bernstein, Duck King, Mature

Team 8: Ryu, Chun-Li, Luke

Single Entry: Goenitz

Again, most likely fake. One of the teams makes no sense.

Edited by BornWinner
9 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The way they chosen to leak that is retarded. Leaks are suppose to be direct and not this guess the character bullshit. 

Yeah I agree, but I guess it’s this guy’s trademark. This apparently comes from the same leaker that leaked the base roster and he showed that like this.

IMG_0909.jpg

The Rock is Ángel, Todd Howard is Geese Howard, Mitsurugi is Haohmaru and so on. It’s doesn’t stop it from being stupid of course.

3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I share his concern about too many mechanics tied to one meter.

Yeah, there might be too many mechanics tied to drive gauge.  He wants EX to be put on super meter just to open up more opportunities to use drive for other things.  One change I'd make is reducing Drive Rush to 2 bars.  Pretty much every player has said so far that's it's too expensive at 3.   Either way, if it ends up being a problem, these are easy changes for Capcom to make.  

16 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Yeah, there might be too many mechanics tied to drive gauge.  He wants EX to be put on super meter just to open up more opportunities to use drive for other things.  One change I'd make is reducing Drive Rush to 2 bars.  Pretty much every player has said so far that's it's too expensive at 3.   Either way, if it ends up being a problem, these are easy changes for Capcom to make.  

One of the things that intrigue me about the Drive Gauge is that EX moves are tied to it and no longer on Super bar. Because of that now characters start off with a lot of explosive potential without having to build meter for it, and even later on they don't have to sacrifice super to do EX moves, which really changes things up compared to V (and IV too, although IV had ultras and supers were rarely used because everyone went for FADCs and EX moves). I wouldn't change that, it would end up too similar to V and IV formula.

@Phantom_MiriaI agree. I like that EX moves aren't tied to the Super Bar. Otherwise you'd end with a SFIV situation where Supers, with a few character exceptions, are rarely used. Having everything, but Supers, available to you at the start of the fight is the polar opposite of Capcom's recent philosophy. Instead of locking up everyone's tools in a V-Trigger closet. They hand you the keys and full tank of gas from the jump in SF6.

In some way it feels that they took queues from MK11 and GBFVS in how they made SF6 this time, plus their oldest games like SFA3.

I for one welcome this approach, but I do agree that perhaps some options should be lowered on their cost, because with basically everything is tied to the drive gauge and being a lot of options, we end on a situation where some options will be under utilized and being seen as situational.

I think having so many tools tied to the Drive Bar just means different players will develop more varied playstyles. Some people might use it all on OD specials for big combos. Others might save it to Drive Rush hit confirm off of a pole. Others might save it for more defensive options like parry or Drive Reversal. A lot of players will go ham, blow all their load, and get punished for it.

Keeping supers on their own bar is the closest thing to a comeback mechanic this game has. You're more likely to have more bar near the end. If EX moves were tied to it, there would just be a lot less supers, and a lot less hype because of it.

Just now, Yiceman said:

I think having so many tools tied to the Drive Bar just means different players will develop more varied playstyles. Some people might use it all on OD specials for big combos. Others might save it to Drive Rush hit confirm off of a pole. Others might save it for more defensive options like parry or Drive Reversal. A lot of players will go ham, blow all their load, and get punished for it.

Keeping supers on their own bar is the closest thing to a comeback mechanic this game has. You're more likely to have more bar near the end. If EX moves were tied to it, there would just be a lot less supers, and a lot less hype because of it.

I am of the opinion that comeback mechanics are the best when they can also be used on other situations outside making a comeback, hence why I consider stuff like the burst from GG/P4A a comeback mechanic, and with that criteria, I think some other mechanics on SF6 do count as comeback mechanics, is just that they are the good variant, where you don't only use them for comebacks, but that is me 😅

I know that some people only consider comeback mechanics stuff like ultras, because those are the ones that are more obvious.

Heya champs. 

I haven't posted in here in a minute. 

But, so far, SFVI appears to be promising. 

I do have to wonder what happened to the Illuminati and if Shadowloo is somehow going to regain traction. Or, there is an entirely new criminal function altogether within the SF continuity. Very curious about a number of characters so far, as most others here are. 

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

The way they chosen to leak that is retarded. Leaks are suppose to be direct and not this guess the character bullshit. 

I think they took it by how sometimes manga (for example One Piece) leaks are done today, will often just post some pics or gifs of things as hint and let people guess, kinda like here

1 hour ago, Skort said:

It is her theme most likely.   @AriesWarlock

Every character on that page has the theme on  "coming soon" , even first characters announced like Ryu and Luke. They just did not update the page regarding the theme songs for some reason. I expect them to post it on twitter soon-ish.

@Darc_Requiem  It could be. I didn't pay much attention to it because I found it barely above her SFV theme. I'll wait until the full version is out to pass judgement!!

Edited by AriesWarlock

On the Juri topic

They showed it very briefly but Juri appears to have a command dash in SF 6 in the form of her V-skill 1 Kasatushu.

juri-kasatushu.jpg

ezgif-4-2ec87e1037.gif

The way they showed it here looks to me like it's going to use more as a combo extender where she gets to close the gap and further extend her combos rather than working as a anti fireball tool ( her dive kick has that covered now ).   

I say this because she is hitting Jamie with her kasatushu ( v-skill 1  )  ,it's not displayed as a anti fireball tool. I am curious if this move is only available in the FSE or just enhanced while in the FSE. 

It's a fast dash that hits the opponent and allows Juri to pressure more. Maybe an answer to the thing we have been asking for a while from her OVA ? 

chunli-street-fighter.gif

So, imagine Juri doing some wild stuff like st.mp x st.mk x heavy fuha x medium EX fuha ( ground bounce ) x j.mp x  EX dive that also adds a juggle point x unstored fuha ( 1 hit but leaves them in a juggle based on trailer )  THEN you do her v-skill dash that hits front then you can extend your combo even more as you please. Flashy as fuck, maybe scales a lot if you extend it too much but that would look pretty damn swaggy.

Edited by Skort
1 hour ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Heya champs. 

I haven't posted in here in a minute. 

But, so far, SFVI appears to be promising. 

I do have to wonder what happened to the Illuminati and if Shadowloo is somehow going to regain traction. Or, there is an entirely new criminal function altogether within the SF continuity. Very curious about a number of characters so far, as most others here are. 

Wassup bro, nice to see you.

Also, sauce of your av? 🤔

You can't come here with that and don't expect me to ask 🤣

Edited by Hecatom
6 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Wassup bro, nice to see you.

Also, sauce of your av? 🤔

You can't come here with that and don't expect me to ask 🤣

I wish I knew. I had for at least a couple of years ago and I know for a fact that downloaded it that delicious sauce from some off-hand twitter account for them hot models. 

Later on, I'm gonna have to give you the hook up of some other material. 

34 minutes ago, Skort said:

I say this because she is hitting Jamie with her kasatushu ( v-skill 1  )  ,it's not displayed as a anti fireball tool. I am curious if this move is only available in the FSE or just enhanced while in the FSE. 

I also noticed Kasatushu hitting Jamie. You can see her eye glow some frames, so I'm guessing she's in FSE.

I like it because, yeah, like the anime you can get in and attack unlike the single hit from SFV. I wonder if it has armor.

I think this is not the same eye she found on SFV, and will be explained in her story mode.

There is a part of me that hopes that Gill got roasted by some other protagonist from 3rd Strike. 

Because, by the logic of SFV and the SFIII narrative, both Urien and Gill were becoming almost insufferable. 

I am actually curious about Juri for this time around (and I am pleased that she is here to stay). 

1 hour ago, Skort said:

On the Juri topic

They showed it very briefly but Juri appears to have a command dash in SF 6 in the form of her V-skill 1 Kasatushu.

juri-kasatushu.jpg

ezgif-4-2ec87e1037.gif

The way they showed it here looks to me like it's going to use more as a combo extender where she gets to close the gap and further extend her combos rather than working as a anti fireball tool ( her dive kick has that covered now ).   

It's a fast dash that hits the opponent and allows Juri to pressure more. Maybe an answer to the thing we have been asking for a while from her OVA ? 

chunli-street-fighter.gif

So, imagine Juri doing some wild stuff like st.mp x st.mk x heavy fuha x medium EX fuha ( ground bounce ) x j.mp x  EX dive that also adds a juggle point x unstored fuha ( 1 hit but leaves them in a juggle based on trailer )  THEN you do her v-skill dash that hits front then you can extend your combo even more as you please. Flashy as fuck, maybe scales a lot if you extend it too much but that would look pretty damn swaggy.

That dash could also be built into the Feng Shui activation, kind of like Ken VT1. So maybe the idea is you hit a max range cr mk, Feng Shui activate and she zips up right in range for her combo chains to hit.

4 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

That dash could also be built into the Feng Shui activation, kind of like Ken VT1. So maybe the idea is you hit a max range cr mk, Feng Shui activate and she zips up right in range for her combo chains to hit.

I had this in mind as well, they do show the dash after she activates FSE so it could end up being the case.  

It's pretty good to have but i would prefer if she has it on demand as a baseline tool. I guess time will tell,as i said before i would like to see some more gameplay footage because they did not show much. Hopefully the next playable build at whatever show they have is a updated version with all the characters previewed so far.

30 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

There is a part of me that hopes that Gill got roasted by some other protagonist from 3rd Strike. 

Because, by the logic of SFV and the SFIII narrative, both Urien and Gill were becoming almost insufferable. 

I am actually curious about Juri for this time around (and I am pleased that she is here to stay). 

The whole SFV story bits are terrible.

Retcons that ruin characters, more and more flanderization, making 1 dimensional characters 0 dimensional.

A lot of wasted newcomers, etc.

I would like to think that SF6 will turn SFV into a fever dream and ignore the events as they unfold and only left a general idea of said events as a basis to try to have a better narrative.

54 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

The whole SFV story bits are terrible.

Retcons that ruin characters, more and more flanderization, making 1 dimensional characters 0 dimensional.

A lot of wasted newcomers, etc.

I would like to think that SF6 will turn SFV into a fever dream and ignore the events as they unfold and only left a general idea of said events as a basis to try to have a better narrative.

Oh, how I wish the SFV "stories" were written off that way. Because, most of them may as well have been some dumbass fanfiction-level nonsense. 

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Arcade mode in SFV path is already kinda doing a bit of that.

Another problem is that they squeeze too much characters that isn't necessary to the story and omitted a lot of important detail. the first SFV trailer is much better in matching characters and fights.