Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

2 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

Yeah I didn’t really realize Kimberly was controversial till I went on r/kappa and a couple other places.  

Then somebody translated reactions from a Chinese page . They were going in but I’m just gonna assume it’s vocal minority that hate the character. I’ll probably play her just to piss people off at this point lol

I never really vibed with the Bushinryu play style but pissing off haters is appealing 🤔

I had a bad feeling about that Tekken Buttflix adaptation. 

Spoiler

1). Julia, Nina, and several other characters are not in the correct costume attire (Tekken 3, if we're talking chronologically, took place about 2 or 3 years or so before Tekken 7).  

2). Leroy isn't even supposed to be in the third tournament. 

3). The narrative really seems to want to frame it so that Jun Kazama "died." That (technically) didn't happen. She went "missing." 

4). Paul Phoenix was supposed to mop the floor with the (Ancient) Ogre, only for Jin Kazama to fight True Ogre a while later in the climax of Tekken 3. Jin Kazama won the tournament on a technicality. 

5). Jin Kazama was only half-aware of his Devil Gene, but he'd didn't really pay it any mind until after Tekken 3 when he was shot in the head by ya boy Heihachi (it triggered from him getting pissed off from his own betrayal, rightfully so). 

... That's just from the trailer. And, more can likely be spotted and it will also be even worst in context of the actual show. 

... Blah, blah, blah (The good news is, most of you won't have to listen to nonsensical rants like this because Tekken's storyline is already goofy in a lot of places anyway, with Tekken 7 being the worst example for a large number of reasons). 

I did not see it but there were already a large number of discrepancies even before then. 

EDIT: 

Spoiler

... I watched the Jin vs T. Ogre fight: 

I'm not sure if Jin was even using the Devil Gene initially (though it may have been the case in Tekken 6 because in Jin's narration, he stated that "something inside of me snapped." 

Also. Buttflix did get it wrong. Paul Phoenix was robbed in this adaptation. 

EDIT 2: 

Spoiler

... Wasn't Nina Williams supposed to be possessed by Ogre due to her shell state from that weird-ass cryo-sleep? 

Edited by GreatDarkHero
... I mean... The staff members at these film production companies HAVE source material.
9 minutes ago, Skort said:

Kinda random but what happened to all the people that used to post ? 

GetTheTables , Akhos , Ryles ( ? ) , Dime etc ?   

I don't really browse other topics on the website, mostly the SF one but it seems like we are down to a handful of people only. Quite a shame.

Akhos traded in the forums for twitter. I have him on Steam and he plays DNF and Granblue regularly. 

14 hours ago, Skort said:

I don't really browse other topics on the website, mostly the SF one but it seems like we are down to a handful of people only. Quite a shame.

AFAIK Dime never came over. I did ask MisterBee for this though :tldr:, so we can honor him every time we create a long post. I think you may mean MilesRiey? I follow him on Twitter he's Reluu.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
33 minutes ago, Skort said:

Not sure why GetTheTables stopped posting but I talk to him sometimes on Discord. He’s not really playing fighting games that much from these days.

Ryles sounds like it could be a few different people, but I suspect you’re either talking about Relusion or the “Ryll Shit” dude. No idea about the latter, but Relusion is very active in Twitter - not sure why he stopped going to SRK (I think he left before we moved here).

And if I recall correctly, Dime left losing some argument, noticeably losing because he called some country/island (that was most definitely not in Central America) a part of Central America… I could very well have the details wrong (this was like 3-4 years ago), but everyone busted his ass for it and I haven’t seen him since… actually, I think he did one long post a year later and I think he mostly just talked shot and bounced lol

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I never really vibed with the Bushinryu play style but pissing off haters is appealing 🤔

Imho with Guy they ever failed at find a truly iconic special, the run was his gimmick but was'nt enough nor the Izuna drop, feels like he never had a truly signature move

Zeku was the first Bushinryu rep with very cool style imho, still is i think 

Crazy thing of Zeku is that even just old form (best) could have been a great char by himself, and young one still is cooler than Guy (aside chara design, if one ignore the nod to Strider young Zeku's was lame)

5 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Not sure why GetTheTables stopped posting but I talk to him sometimes on Discord. He’s not really playing fighting games that much from these days

Well, hopefully he is doing fine, would be cool if he dropped by. 

6 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Ryles sounds like it could be a few different people

Yea i forgot the name initially but @Darc_Requiem knew who i was talking about it was MilesRiey 

6 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

And if I recall correctly, Dime left losing some argument

Damn,sad to hear but also pretty lame ass reason to leave if this was the one.

27 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

nd if I recall correctly, Dime left losing some argument, noticeably losing because he called some country/island (that was most definitely not in Central America) a part of Central America… I could very well have the details wrong (this was like 3-4 years ago), but everyone busted his ass for it and I haven’t seen him since… actually, I think he did one long post a year later and I think he mostly just talked shot and bounced lol

I don't recall being Dime the one that was saying that dumb shit, but i could be wrong (tbh, i forgot who dime was, never cared about him), if it was him, then lmao, me being the one who shooed him away 🤣

Edited by Hecatom
24 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Imho with Guy they ever failed at find a truly iconic special, the run was his gimmick but was'nt enough nor the Izuna drop, feels like he never had a truly signature move

I mained Guy for a bit in SF4. Izuna Drop was so much fun, esp the ex version, to catch DPs when "mistiming" a safe jump. Mix in his elbow drop, and there were plenty of ways you could piss folk off - but I agree, there's no iconic special. His lp-mp-hp-hk target combo is probably the closest thing, which is a shabby deal.

I like that Kimberly so far feels closer to Guy's moveset than Y.Zeku, but I'm a bit sad this probably dents his changes of getting in. If she has decent runstop pressure (I don't see it so far), a stupid range on Izuna  (well, if you can at least choose the type), and a great elbow drop that'll be a good start for me.

Edited by JustBooming
25 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I don't recall being Dime the one that was saying that dumb shit, but i could be wrong (tbh, i forgot who dime was, never cared about him), if it was him, then lmao, me being the one who shooed him away 🤣

Yeah, I’m pretty sure he was arguing with you when that came up.

TBH, when anyone one here is arguing (not debating in-game stuff, but like actually arguing) I tend to just skip it as best as I can.

in that instance, I remember playing games the night it was happening and mostly ignored it. I do remember when he said that though (I wish I could remember what he said tbh, but anyways) and essentially the argument ended as a few others laughed at him for it. And I’m pretty sure I didn’t see him after that except for one post several months later, where he seemed like he still had a chip on his shoulder (iirc anyway).

15 minutes ago, JustBooming said:

but I'm a bit sad this probably dents his changes of getting in

Eh....you never know. 

As  i said before, i find it very odd that the game has no Final Fight characters in a game set in Metro City. If he does get added some changes will most likely happen.

However, when it comes to FF characters i still think Poison and Cody have the biggest chances of getting added. They are the most popular in my opinion. However, since Guy skipped SFV entirely that could help his chances a bit.

16 hours ago, Skort said:

However, when it comes to FF characters i still think Poison and Cody have the biggest chances of getting added. They are the most popular in my opinion. However, since Guy skipped SFV entirely that could help his chances a bit.

Poison had as strong fanbase, so likely she be back even they turned he this time as a NPC.

I wonder with Cody if that is the case too

I hope someone punches me in the face if I decide to main someone on SF6 who doesn't have an invincible reversal. I don't care about the risk/reward, after two years of getting straight up disrespected 24/7 on wakeup with Rose I have enough of that BS. I actually never realised how big of a factor that ultimately is – just having one, not even using it on wakeup per se. 

On 8/20/2022 at 12:13 AM, Skort said:

Eh....you never know. 

As  i said before, i find it very odd that the game has no Final Fight characters in a game set in Metro City. If he does get added some changes will most likely happen.

FFers are'nt yet in SF6 just as SF3ers are'nt in either, DLC will open the door 

My 2cents 

Highly likely

Cody: probably most popular FF rep, plus people loved Mayor Cody gimmick 

Poison: already popular, plus 2022 game that try hard to lick america's ass not going to leave out SF most famous lgbt char

Likely

Hugo: SF6 still miss a proper giant, have strong link with Poison, i believe he's more popular than Abigail 

Marlowe*: i know not proper FF char but linked to one. Her inclusion feels like AKI's to me

Possible but like 50/50

Sodom: missing char for a while, return of MGG, kinda unique, may link with Honda 

Haggar: never been in SF, seems to have bunch of internet people asking for him, may link both with MC theme and Zangief rivalry

Lucia: not sure she's THAT popular (specially for waifu standards), but story/context may help her 

Guy: almost surely going to be at least visible as NPC in Kimberly story, 50/50 of being actually playable. Risk is Kimberly took bushinryu rep slot 

Maki: similar to Guy situation 

Rolento: like for Sodom MGG return may help, but i think he have slighty worse chances and more competition

Unlikely 

Abigail: just think in SF was never popular as Hugo

Carlos/Dean: i don't think enough people want them back

Belger: wonder if he's the hand behind MGG return(he's alive in current canon), i find it unlikely 

7 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Cody: probably most popular FF rep, plus people loved Mayor Cody gimmick 

Poison: already popular, plus 2022 game that try hard to lick america's ass not going to leave out SF most famous lgbt char

Cody is without a doubt the most popular FF character and not having him playable in 6 will be a huge missed opportunity, since he is the mayor now.

Poison  is a close second, very big fanbase a good visual design.  Her visual design fits very well with SF6's over all theme.

Hugo: SF6 still miss a proper giant, have strong link with Poison, i believe he's more popular than Abigail 

Hugo i can see maybe making a return since he is on the billboards all around  Metro City. Not a fan of that character archetype but i would not mind him. Abigail was a one time show imo.

Haggar: never been in SF

Tragedy.  He would deserve a spot by this time. I actually would prefer if he gets added in favor of Hugo for another "big body" character.

Lucia: not sure she's THAT popular

She isn't. Quite a shame i would say. I kinda like Lucia,pretty flashy gameplay and an okay visual design but she never took off when it comes to popularity. I personally don't see her returning though i would not mind if she did.

Rolento

I still have nightmares from SF4 with Rolento building meter by throwing tiger knee knife. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

Guy: almost surely going to be at least visible as NPC in Kimberly story

This is very likely. But as i said earlier, he has a decent chance to be playable as well,regardless if Kim took a lot from his toolkit. What more evidence do we need from a franchise that has a lot of overlapping but still manages to make them stand out a bit ( shotos )

Sodom: missing char for a while

Every SF game usually brings a comic relief character to the roster. Sodom could be the case regarding SF6. Been a while but isn't he a huge weeb in the story ?

Edited by Skort
9 minutes ago, Skort said:

Every SF game usually brings a comic relief character to the roster. Sodom could be the case regarding SF6. Been a while but isn't he a huge weeb in the story ?

In the Alpha series he was a huge weeb, he only cared about learning Japanese culture and reforming the Mad Gear gang.

56 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I would like to see a street fighter anime done in the style of Tekken Bloodline. I want to see Ryu with triangle shadows

LMAO! Yeah it was very cheap, especially the final episode where they just kept reusing shots as filler. None of this stuff holds like a candle to Street Fighter 2 AM or Street Fighter 2 V. 

BUT... It would be nice to see what SF would be interpreted as. Hopefully something closer to Castlevania and Dragon's Blood than Bloodline.

2 minutes ago, Daemos said:

LMAO! Yeah it was very cheap, especially the final episode where they just kept reusing shots as filler. None of this stuff holds like a candle to Street Fighter 2 AM or Street Fighter 2 V. 

BUT... It would be nice to see what SF would be interpreted as. Hopefully something closer to Castlevania and Dragon's Blood than Bloodline.

I liked Bloodline a lot. The animation for the fights is good and I loved how they pulled moves directly from the games. Heihachi hitting Jin with 1,1,2, Jun teaching Jin her unblockable and Heihachi landing his rage art were awesome.