Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

Just now, Volt said:

To be fair, who else actually died outside of Nash and Bison? Bison's case is justified and Nash was literally stapled together on borrowed time before the nerfs took him back to the grave.

This ain't like KoF where Geese just survived because lol fukk it, it's Geese.

Akuma kills Gen in his character story. 

21 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The SF community that (rightfully) made a controversy over Cammy wearing pants. You want to argue it's no weirder than anime? 

The problem isn't Cammy wearing pants. The problem is WHY they want to make her wear pants. To appease the new puritanical values, they sacrifice artistic expression. There is nothing wrong with a woman or a man wearing a leotard like that if that is part of their character. There is nothing wrong with Cammy wearing pants even, especially if this is post-Delta Red off-hours Cammy. This is a fantastic and colorful universe, stop trying to make it real and subjecting it to socio-political whims. It's ALL in jest, all tongue in cheek. The stereotypes may all have a foundation in reality, but there is no ill will intended obviously. I think we should all take a step back and laugh about it, about ourselves.

Edited by Daemos
30 minutes ago, Daemos said:

They could give us 1 per season starting with Balrog > Vega > Sagat > Bison to build hype over 3-4 years or just give me that Shadaloo DLC package and charge me an arm and a leg for it. Either way I'll be happy!

Also Fei Long please!

If base roster is 22-24 and will likely almost double over its lifespan, we can afford more SF2. Literally some of us have been waiting to see these characters in the Post-3S "future" since the 90s.

Yeah, Fei Long and T. Hawk should be included. I also wouldn't be opposed to Hakan, Abel and Cody returning.

Days-since-Makoto-last-appeared-in-an-SF-game-counter: 4,422

1 hour ago, Skort said:

Bison will be in this game sooner or later, i have no doubt. 

Phantom Bison , spare body from wallmart,non canon character but added just so they can say they have Bison in this game as well.

It's gonna happen. Good choice or not ,remains to be seen but i don't think he is gonna skip this game looking at how many world warriors got added.The only  reason he is not base roster is because he died ( again )  in SFV so they are taking a small break with him.

They need to dial down on this whole death thing because it's approaching Dragon Ball Z levels of comedy.

It's inevitable cash grab character and an iconic one.

This is something to realize when they suddenly reveal Akuma so as the earliest DLC in SFV that we thought is gonna be Goutetsu instead.

Akuma did hype the SFV when negative publicity was here and there. It doesn't even make sense to make Akuma return all of a sudden and look like that in SFV.

Corporate $$$ cash grab always trumps canon and even gameplay sometimes.

They are characters that are auto buy usually to casual even they won't even spend time learning the character much or will just used them for awhile then return to the characters they are used to and where they are better with.

This is what happened also to Honda return in SFV and why people all of a sudden wants Honda regardless in numerous early season Wishlist were Honda was absent. LOL

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

The problem isn't Cammy wearing pants. The problem is WHY they want to make her wear pants. To appease the new puritanical values, they sacrifice artistic expression.

The problem is making assumptions.  That or living like your point of view is the only one that matters when making the product.

They've given everybody new outfits. All of them reek of story reasons. Given that you're one of the story nerds, then the fact that she moved on from her combat outfit some story nerd shit to look at. Apparently Cammy move on meant spend her days at home playing with her while wearing a thong.

Complaining about a redesign is even stupider when we already know her classic outfit is in. Capcom isn't shying away from bullshit fanservice. Hell they spent most of SF5 leaning into it as hard as they could. We saw that one super and it has a clear shot of her ass. So no, fuck all of this is some puritanical culture war being fought.

They did a redesign that made story sense. It also works as the eSports outfit for broadcasters (who as we already know aren't going to be shooting fanservice in the airwaves). They added the classic cheesecake for the fans. Literally everybody was taking care of and people are still acting like knuckle dragged over it.

This is the most non-issue thing that has people the most uppity about. 

Just now, Sonero said:

The problem is making assumptions.  That or living like your point of view is the only one that matters when making the product.

They've given everybody new outfits. All of them reek of story reasons. Given that you're one of the story nerds, then the fact that she moved on from her combat outfit some story nerd shit to look at. Apparently Cammy move on meant spend her days at home playing with her while wearing a thong.

Complaining about a redesign is even stupider when we already know her classic outfit is in. Capcom isn't shying away from bullshit fanservice. Hell they spent most of SF5 leaning into it as hard as they could. We saw that one super and it has a clear shot of her ass. So no, fuck all of this is some puritanical culture war being fought.

They did a redesign that made story sense. It also works as the eSports outfit for broadcasters (who as we already know aren't going to be shooting fanservice in the airwaves). They added the classic cheesecake for the fans. Literally everybody was taking care of and people are still acting like knuckle dragged over it.

This is the most non-issue thing that has people the most uppity about. 

Ok, but it's not "Story Nerds" thank you very much. We are Keepers of the Canon and Guardians of the Sacred Texts. Our watch never ends!

Just now, Vhozite said:

Lol I love how everyone is ok with corporate/popular demand decision making until it’s something you don’t like…then suddenly Capcom should go against the grain to cater to your niche.

Hey, I'm not even turned on by Cammy. I just am very much against the demonization of the human body. There is nothing inherently wrong with showing skin, or ridiculous about the clone of a Demon/Dictator Wizard wearing leotards in fights on the streets.

Edited by Daemos

I think people wouldn't be so quick to criticize the pants option if Capcom hadn't gone through censoring her in SFV along with R.Mika's super. I feel like that has made people a bit more cautious about certain design alterations, as small as they seem, and when they see changes like a character being more covered up all of a sudden, or her breasts are smaller all of a sudden, they immediately think something else is going on. I have too much real life issues to be outraged by this stuff, but I can definitely agree that there is behind the scens pressure on certain design alterations. Personally, if I were to be outraged about Cammy's new default, it's that haircut. Wrong on every level girl.

Edited by mykka
31 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Hey, I'm not even turned on by Cammy. I just am very much against the demonization of the human body. There is nothing inherently wrong with showing skin, or ridiculous about the clone of a Demon/Dictator Wizard wearing leotards in fights on the streets.

I am turned on by Cammy (read: the female body) without pants and I also resent the demonization of the human body. This entire topic is dumb. At day -211 (minimum) we already have confirmation classic Cammy is an option. Literally have your cake and eat it too. 

Capcom has been slowly edging SF in a design by committee direction for over a decade at this point, and in a lot of areas the community even praised them for it whether the changes were good or not. Now we are seeing those kinds of decisions cut both ways on a benign issue and y’all are choosing this hill to die on lol. 

SF6 with auto combos, simplified inputs, 3 shotos at launch, and an open world CAC single player mode: I sleep

SF6 puts pants on Cammy: REAL SHIT?

Edited by Vhozite
6 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

SF6 with auto combos, simplified inputs, 3 shotos at launch, and an open world CAC single player mode: I sleep

Oh those are real problems, don't get me wrong.

But so is Cammy wearing pants to appease a wider market, and making the game more "realistic".

They all stem from the same source. Greed. 

They saw the most recent MK's realism and how it covered up all their women in burkas and  cashed in hard on that - now they want the same. I can't blame them it is a business first and foremost.

One can hold multiple ideas, even opposing ones simultaneously, and still support a product. We'll get over these minor gripes once they get drowned out by real information about the game and they announce more about the characters.

At the very least they are honoring Cammy by including her classic outfit in the base game - for free and not behind a paywall we hope. Right?

56 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I just am very much against the demonization of the human body.

Where did she get demonized? How can you even say this is an issue when her OG costume is already in the game?

You know how fucking dumb everybody looks complaining about her pants when the first version of Cammy we saw from the trailer already had her OG outfit? And then we saw the OG outfit in action while doing the super?

Anybody complaining about her pants is legitimate on some dumb shit and nobody can help them. The stupidest part is that the outfit looks dope. They didn't shy from making her look good; she's just on some UK white girl street wear shit. Hell they put pants on Chun and then gave her ass butt jiggle physics.

This is the most hilarious non-issue ever. You know who was trash with it? NRS. Because they went from like fanservice to hilariously covered up to where most outfits just looked ugly. Putting Tokido with Titties in their game like they on some weirdo shit wack ass developer.

5 minutes ago, elliephil said:

The ultimate "fuck you, i'm better than you" is to beat a guy using the modern controls on purpose.

Funny enough I use to play MvC3 with the beginner controls against my wife. You could do a fair amount of stuff with them.

The real question is whether or not we go back to having some normal ass chip damage deaths. If people are going to have parries, focus attacks, alpha counters etc, then they need to hold the hell out of these meaty EX hands and suck it up.

The time SF shifted teams and lead, I'm not really concerning anymore or being hope full that the original character will be used wisely in future story other than being accessory to Luke's character development and progression. 

So I'm more I just want T Hawk storyline being concluded and have a happy ending then they can retire him peacefully.  Then Ryu becoming an inspiration to different future protagonist and a background character in role instead of someone being involve and finishes every antagonist in the series. 

The rest of my request is either retire Akuma also and had a peace with Ryu without the fight to the death but go on separate ways.

While newer protagonist either seeks Ryu or Akuma to find some form of enlightenment.

Proper retirement to Dan, Rufus and El Fuerte, I have even written a fanfic of Rufus retirement before with Ken helping him out.

Have a Two-In-One character like Jianyu and Xiayu as single character that fights alone and switches.

Have a Delta Red Representative as a playable character. So as they are real thing that interacts in the story.

Kage being one with Necali being the permanent replacement for Evil Ryu but at the same time as a loser like Rasetsumaru in Samsho or somekind of equivalent to Superman's nemesis known as Bizzaro, but kinda dual personality like Venom and Eddie brock. The the every new introduced protagonist outwits and defeats.

48EW4Vw.gif

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Lol I love how everyone is ok with corporate/popular demand decision making until it’s something you don’t like…then suddenly Capcom should go against the grain to cater to your niche.

As for me I do have strong preference and expectation during SFV

But with the new leads I don't have any high hopes anymore, i still have preferences and ideals of direction but I know it's opposite to the current leads and team ideals.

I may have return to what I was in SFV if there would be a reboot of some sort but as of now.  I only yearn proper conclusion to the characters before close their chapters permanently.

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Damn people really going in on the this Cammy pants situation. I thought we was all joking around. Guess not.

About this Cammy topic with pants. I'm more concern of her color palette, I prefer her Delta Red. Green Red and Yellow.  

I'm a bit disappointed that Ken's rough look is just down to "wife and kid left him" according to leaks. I think hey should have gone further and have them die or be killed, to really push Ken in some kind of anti-hero Punisher type direction. This seems like a PG-13 cop-out that doesn'T really properly explain why he visually looks like he doesn't care about anything anymore.

But then again I'll never play him either way so whatever.

Btw., uncompressed 4K version of the trailer if you want to watch it in native quality: https://www.gamersyde.com/news_street_fighter_6_in_2023-22958_en.html

44 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I'm a bit disappointed that Ken's rough look is just down to "wife and kid left him" according to leaks

It would have been really funny if they doubled down on it and given him the Birdie treatment. Fat and washed up has-been, sweats profusely in this new graffiti realistic style lolol

2 cents on Cammy pants 

As somebody that hate when woke bullshit ruin entertainment products i like, i have zero problem with Cammy pants 

SF DID NOT gone woke, use your brain people, we SEEN Cammy's classic costume and her thong goes so deep that probably touch some organs 

They changed STANDARD designs to offer a more marketable surface, but just switching alt and you have usual stuff 

I hate new Neogaf Ryu and i'm zero worried, 100% will get classic look

To me would not be much different from SFV where i've set on my copy the fav alt for each character, and half of the times was'nt the standard 

Also i'm glad WW got all redesigns, some are pretty good and make game feel new

Edited by CESTUS III

I just don't understand how a change in look is viewed with such frustration and anger when it's clear that all their previous classic looks will be in the game ( and even confirmed in Cammy's case ).  Reddit posts are something else.

When it comes to my favorite characters i actually WANT too see them having a fresh look going forward because i get to see them in something new and if by any chance i don't like it as much i can always fall back to the classic outfit that i know and love.

Edited by Skort
32 minutes ago, Skort said:

I just don't understand how a change in look is viewed with such frustration and anger when it's clear that all their previous classic looks will be in the game ( and even confirmed in Cammy's case ).  Reddit posts are something else.

When it comes to my favorite characters i actually WANT too see them having a fresh look going forward because i get to see them in something new and if by any chance i don't like it as much i can always fall back to the classic outfit that i know and love.

I could possibly see some agitation if you played a character like Birdie but we all know that Cammy is getting at least a dozen costumes 🤣

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Didn't go to sleep last night. Fixed typos

Yeah

Also SF6 Classic Cammy alt have delta red triangle and camo legs, it's already better than the crap i got in SFV ❤️

People should realize Capcom is just trolling retard modern gaming journalism that seem to care more about hw much product bend the knee to american political movements than merits, if you dig 1 millimeter under the surface is going to be usual SF game for most part lol

Same shit for the character creation part in the trailer, bet they felt like genius of marketing making the generic character done with editor as urban african-american dude (some fat purple haired "journalist" got wet saying "mmmm this Street Something 6 open world game deserve good score ") when in reality that char is going to be whatever you want, meanwhile in real cast my boy got robbed of a moveset that was originally designed for him

King Cobra - Street Fighter by Dirtyballa on DeviantArt

"Kung fu and breakdance mix"

RIP KING COBRA, Jaime be like "big chinese market, bitch!"

Edited by CESTUS III
8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I couldn't possibly see some agitation if you played a character like Birdie

Granted, idk wtf they were thinking when it comes to Birdie overall. 

When i think of change of look i expect a different costume / hairstyle not  complete body change from ripped to fat or the other way around.

It seems like they didn't knew what to do with him overall or for some reason decided to treat him like a comic relief character. 

This is his best look imo

aa119ea09c2919585afe030135524e34.jpg

birdie-alpha3-sidefixed.jpg

Edited by Skort
1 minute ago, Skort said:

Granted, idk wtf they were thinking when it comes to Birdie overall. 

When i think of change of look i expect a different costume / hairstyle not  complete body change from ripped to fat or the other way around.

It seems like they didn't knew what to do with him overall or for some reason decided to treat him like a comic relief character. 

This is his best look imo

birdie-alpha3-sidefixed.jpg

they followed Bob Sapp (k1/Pride FC fighter) transformation from giant muscle freak to fat

Lot of SFV Birdie things (faces, food gimmicks) were straight references to Bob Sapp

Btw DamnD is going to be the new Birdie in SF6

5 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Lot of SFV Birdie things (faces, food gimmicks) were straight references to Bob Sapp

Never knew, thank you for the insight. 

5 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Btw DamnD is going to be the new Birdie in SF6

He definitely has a role to play in 6 i agree. 

Not sure if playable later on or some sort of mini boss you get to fight in the open world mode the game will feature, they didn't zoom in on him in the trailer for no reason.

3 minutes ago, Skort said:

He definitely has a role to play in 6 i agree. 

Not sure if playable later on or some sort of mini boss you get to fight in the open world mode the game will feature, they didn't zoom in on him in the trailer for no reason.

Yeah it seems that the Mad Gear are a Motorcycle Club now and he's their leader. So they are definitely doing something with him. I watched @EvilCanadian's video about Easter Eggs. Apparently it's Roxy and not Poison in the background. I wasn't sure due to the lighting but I'll defer to our simian overlord on that one.

3 hours ago, delete_me said:

I'm a bit disappointed that Ken's rough look is just down to "wife and kid left him" according to leaks. I think hey should have gone further and have them die or be killed, to really push Ken in some kind of anti-hero Punisher type direction. This seems like a PG-13 cop-out that doesn'T really properly explain why he visually looks like he doesn't care about anything 

funny I felt the exact opposite 

Having his wife or son DIE feels like a cheap, heavy handed way to make him change

This angle they're going with, that he's become bitter with his lack of perceived improvement and drove off people close to him because of his obsession, is way more interesting to me. It makes it clear that his situation is his own fault, and in all the time we've known Ken we haven't seen or heard a lot about his faults 

Its a great angle for exploring someone's dark side, shits all over ryu wrestling with whether or not he should hit dudes hard or reeeeeally hard

7 hours ago, BornWinner said:

“Man who is wrong continues to think he was right.”

FUdcYTDXwAEX1nm?format=png&name=900x900

Ian "Black Africans from Africa aren't black enough" Walker strikes again.

You really have to understand the complicated nuance here: Ian is your typical white colonizer, and thus while he doesn't have a problem anymore accepting African-Americans as black people, he still tends to perceive actual Africans from Africa not as black people but rather as part of the local wildlife. Like lions or antelopes, thus making Elena more similar to a Blanka-like character or a Talbain-like character to him. This is a typical white European mistake to make, the spirit of Cecil Rhodes must still run strong within him, so please be understanding toward Ian and don't be a conservative culture warrior by making him notice it.

8 hours ago, mykka said:

I think people wouldn't be so quick to criticize the pants option if Capcom hadn't gone through censoring her in SFV along with R.Mika's super. I feel like that has made people a bit more cautious about certain design alterations, as small as they seem, and when they see changes like a character being more covered up all of a sudden, or her breasts are smaller all of a sudden, they immediately think something else is going on. I have too much real life issues to be outraged by this stuff, but I can definitely agree that there is behind the scens pressure on certain design alterations. Personally, if I were to be outraged about Cammy's new default, it's that haircut. Wrong on every level girl.

My rule of thumb when running across this sort of things is always to look at the new design and ask myself: "Does it look like this design is actually trying to tone down on sexuality, or is it just the developers trying to make a new design and people are paranoid?"

I-No's redesign in Strive for example wasn't meant to tone down anything at all.

If ArcSys wanted to make I-No less sexual they wouldn't have come up with a redesign that shows more skin compared to her older design. They also wouldn't have made that part in story mode where I-No turns into a giant spirit thing like Rei in End of Evangelion, and you can clearly see how jacked up her proportions are with tits and hips the size of planetary objects. An attempt at toning down stuff, this doesn't look like.

MK11's designs wanted to tone down the female cast and openly so, and you could see it by the fact that the outfits were much more conservative even compared to the male cast who didn't change that much. You could also notice weird stuff like the fact that, even when there were some slightly more revealing outfits, in the early versions of the game these could be used only on characters with revenant skins and Cetrion, or in other words, there were some slightly more revealing outfits but only the characters with non-human skin tones could use them. I recall noticing that back in the day and I thought it was really weird.

By the time Sindel came out however NRS seems to have relented, and I'm pretty sure that in the current version of the game the revenant clothes are usable on human-looking characters too.

Cammy in SFVI, like I-No, is obviously not an attempt at toning down sexuality. If they wanted to do that Capcom wouldn't have given her ultra-adherent spandex, a juicy midriff and that super animation. They just gave Cammy the same "street fashion" design that every other character has also going on, that's all. I think it's generally overdesigned and too busy-looking, but this is the mood they wanted for this game, so...

As long as they keep the classic costumes available Capcom should be free to try to innovate and change as much as they want.