Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

Oooh I read something somewhere else that hit a light bulb. Luke has this mechanic with his inputs in SF5.

If SF6 is gonna be full of that stuff, might as well throw the game in the trash tbh. I already went through the trouble of trying to grind out those types of inputs because I liked the character (Alpha Patroklos in SC5). The odds of me going into a game full of it are insanely low.

Next they'll be like,

Zangied has a just frame command grab that gives him more damage and better oki.

Nah, that's almost a hard pass.

23 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Don’t take this the wrong way but from what I can gather from your posts you and I have polar opposite tastes on pretty much everything related to FGs.

I can live with just frames if I have to but I super don’t like them on Guile. He’s supposed to be one of the simplest characters. 

This game doesn't seem too concerned with tradition. Ryu has 2 new specials and Chun is a stance character; even the classics are gonna change. Idk, I feel like we have to few details on this mechanic rn to be making such definitive judgements.

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Unless they implement it such that modern gets extra boom automagically.

Things could get nutty if they try to make modern controls competitive with classic.

Things could change, but as the game stands now. That's not how they are doing things. Modern controls flat out lacks access to some special moves. Ryu doesn't have his Denjin Charge and Chun Li doesn't have SBK in Modern controls. Modern controls only allows access to four special moves. All the currently playable characters have more than 4 specials. With Guile this remains to be seen, based on the trailer he has 3 moves now, but I haven't see his move set.

Perhaps I am on the minority that thinks that is a wasted opportunity that Capcom is not implementing a moder scheme that was not only a viable way for players to play the chars competitively if they wanted to, but also that could serve as a remixed version of the chars that while has access to less tools still has new utilities from them.

And yeah, I know that it would be extra work and probably difficult to balance, but is kind of a waste to add an easy mode for new players when they will still be

A) At disadvantage due the lack of knowledge and execution against a more experienced player (It doesn't even need to be a pro, just enthusiasts will very likely beat them)

B) Disadvantage for lacking tools that their oppoents have.

Is a self defeating implementation if you ask me.

At least the easy mode on BB/GG gave players autocombos (dunno if will be the case on sf6, if not, then what is the point, lol.)

Edited by Hecatom
19 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

At least the easy mode on BB/GG gave players autocombos (dunno if will be the case on sf6, if not, then what is the point, lol.)

SF6 will have autocombos. They have to hold the right bumper button and pressing any of their normal buttons. There's three autocombos available

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

BTW, I hope that if we get another grappler besides  Zanguief is Hakkan.

Dunno why, but I like his character design.

I would love for Hakan to come back. He's my favorite of the SF4 newcomers. He is a lot of fun to play even though I struggled to get wins with him.

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I would love for Hakan to come back. He's my favorite of the SF4 newcomers. He is a lot of fun to play even though I struggled to get wins with him.

If they add him, it will be a great opportunity to rework his toolkit.
There are a lot of areas where he could be improved while retaining the idea of his design.

If not, then just add his Wife, Melike.

Supposedly she is also a fighter 👀

55 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Things could change, but as the game stands now. That's not how they are doing things. Modern controls flat out lacks access to some special moves. Ryu doesn't have his Denjin Charge and Chun Li doesn't have SBK in Modern controls. Modern controls only allows access to four special moves. All the currently playable characters have more than 4 specials. With Guile this remains to be seen, based on the trailer he has 3 moves now, but I haven't see his move set.

I'm positive modern will always be more limited just based on the smaller number of possible inputs, but I could also see that as a reason that they might try to make sure modern is accessing the "best"  versions of whatever 4 specials that input method can access.

It'll be interesting to see how serious they are about modern not being just baby's-first-fighting-game mode.

12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Isn't Marisa a grappler?

I think Manon will be more a grappler, i think she's pure Judo char

Marisa i guess will be more liky Abel, striker/grappler MMA hybrid

But stats wise as HP guess Marisa will be closer to big grapplers than Manon

32 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Grapplers being weak/low tier will never be a dumb shit if you ask me 🤣

All the muscles for what?

Nothing.

Idk, considering FG are built on absurd cast variety i like the idea you have speedy/fast small char that can evade a lot but get wrecked when punched hard, and on opposite side slow as crippled hippo characters with huge hurtbox that get hit a lot, but can take hell of a beating and do insane damage if they can put hands on you

I like when this kind of 2 extremes are well represented and in the perfect middle you have balanced char (who may wear a red headband) who's average strong/fast/tough etc

Iirc vanilla SF4 was bit like that with huge gap between fastest/smallest and slowest/biggest in terms of stats, but i think (may be wrong) through years this gap vanished a bit, yet huge characters are still slow as ever and have same gigantic hurtboxes lol

I'm no pro in any way but for the little i seen seem to me there's something "cultural" going on with developers where they seem ever ready to cripple big chars but seems much more reluctant to nerf some others

1 minute ago, Skort said:

However, there's one i think should make a return even though i only played her casually, Kolin.  

Idk if the Illuminati will have anything to do in the upcoming SF 6 story but i definitely wouldn't mind if she made a return . Actually one of the best newcomers in a while and my personal favorite character overall  from  SFV.

She gonna freeze up your drive meter recovery 

Im not opposed to her but I like Kolin would be a weird addition with universal parry’s

I want to see Adon just to get a new theme. His SF4 theme on loop is one of the biggest songs in my workout rotation.

Just now, Vhozite said:

Im not opposed to her but I like Kolin would be a weird addition with universal parry’s

Yea but she doesn't really have a parry in SFV. 

It's actually a counter, Gouken style. So Kolin could pretty much have the drive meter parry like all the rest but also have a counter to her arsenal that directly inflicts damage if it clashes with an attack.

14 minutes ago, Skort said:

Yea but she doesn't really have a parry in SFV. 

It's actually a counter, Gouken style. So Kolin could pretty much have the drive meter parry like all the rest but also have a counter to her arsenal that directly inflicts damage if it clashes with an attack.

In the SF6 system, she'd be subject to a Punish Counter if she whiffs it. Plus it doesn't have 1F startup like the Parry and you have to pick the correct counter on top of that. IIRC you lose a chuck of Drive Gauge when you're Punish Countered in addition to the bonus damage, so all of that would balance it out.

7 minutes ago, mykka said:

I wanted Maki but I guess Kimberly coming around pretty much killed her chances

Maki is long overdue, i think a lot of people would want to see her in a modern game. 

With how many Final Fight characters SFV had i actually expected Maki for initial launch in 6 but it didn't happen it seems. DLC ? Maybe,the game will have at least 4 season i think so there are definitely chances.

Edited by Skort

Perfect booms are kind of an asstastic idea tbh.

I generally dislike just frame inputs, but Boom is not just a combo tool.

Imagine fukkin up your zoning because you accidentally got a Perfect Boom instead of a slow one.

Not to mention that any shoddy connection will screw him up. Guile will be pretty much unplayable in Brazil. 🤣

1 hour ago, Skort said:

If we talking about what characters should be DLC moving forward, there are several i would like to see, mostly my alts Poison , Laura and i still hope for old man Gouken and Adon.

However, there's one i think should make a return even though i only played her casually, Kolin.  

Idk if the Illuminati will have anything to do in the upcoming SF 6 story but i definitely wouldn't mind if she made a return . Actually one of the best newcomers in a while and my personal favorite character overall  from  SFV.

She gonna freeze up your drive meter recovery 

__kolin_street_fighter_and_1_more_drawn_

I believe in lord Gill, she will return. And when she does, I'll win Evo.

5 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Hopefully not.

TBH, Kimberly doesn't do it for me in terms of aesthetics.

Me neither tbh. But then I like Lily and people seem to find her plain lol, so it's whatever.

Edited by mykka
1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

I want to see Adon just to get a new theme. His SF4 theme on loop is one of the biggest songs in my workout rotation.

They could make her work like Baiken in Xrd, where her Parry overrides the universal parry like mechanic,.

1 hour ago, mykka said:

I wanted Maki but I guess Kimberly coming around pretty much killed her chances

Guess depend who Kimberly's Master is, but i feel is Guy (who if in would further shrink Maki chances)

33 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I love Lily, but I can get why some people will find her plain.
At least her more iconic look.

Lily is fine, if internet people could have it in their way SF design would die in one chapter lol

Actually so far she and Jamie  may be best new entries design wise, curious to see ingame JP too

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Idk, considering FG are built on absurd cast variety i like the idea you have speedy/fast small char that can evade a lot but get wrecked when punched hard, and on opposite side slow as crippled hippo characters with huge hurtbox that get hit a lot, but can take hell of a beating and do insane damage if they can put hands on you

I like when this kind of 2 extremes are well represented and in the perfect middle you have balanced char (who may wear a red headband) who's average strong/fast/tough etc

Iirc vanilla SF4 was bit like that with huge gap between fastest/smallest and slowest/biggest in terms of stats, but i think (may be wrong) through years this gap vanished a bit, yet huge characters are still slow as ever and have same gigantic hurtboxes lol

I'm no pro in any way but for the little i seen seem to me there's something "cultural" going on with developers where they seem ever ready to cripple big chars but seems much more reluctant to nerf some others

The bias comes from the fact that grapplers usually are noob/bad players and even mid tier players killers.

At the end of the game, fgs are not only balanced around top level play, specially the most popular ones.

They also take in consideration other levels of play, hence why grapplers and other archetypes close to them tend to be balanced in a way that usually lands them on the mid to low scale of strength.

Then you have that some battle planners do have biases against the archetype, so it permeates to the games they design.

6 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Capcom: We're gonna still quiet for awhile.

Also Capcom:

We already kind of knew this stuff would be in the game as Luke was most likely the testing ground for just frame execution in 6.  Both my characters in SFV - Cody and Karin have just frame moves, although in Karin's case just frame tenko may actually be 3 frames - it definitely feels easier than landing Cody's perfect command grab in VT2. 

34 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

The bias comes from the fact that grapplers usually are noob/bad players and even mid tier players killers.

At the end of the game, fgs are not only balanced around top level play, specially the most popular ones.

They also take in consideration other levels of play, hence why grapplers and other archetypes close to them tend to be balanced in a way that usually lands them on the mid to low scale of strength.

Then you have that some battle planners do have biases against the archetype, so it permeates to the games they design.

It would always annoy me how the communities have a biased against grapplers when they usually low on the tier list. I would often get kicked from lobbies in the calamity trigger days for playing Tager when the guy was bottom and had some insanely lopsided match ups. 

Had the same issue with P4A even though Kenji was nothing special. Guess having in invincible command grab produced a lot of salt.