Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I misread his post. 

From the leaks that new Italian lady could fit the bill seeing how huge she is.

I think Marisa is going to be gigantic next to previous females, but nowhere near to be Giant of the game, pretty sure she would still be much smaller than Gief, let alone Hugo/SF giants

Going by proportions i think how they scaled her next to Luke in the artwork would be about right

SF6-Leak_06-03-22_003.jpg

Using Luke as standard she seems to be around Alex size but taller... almost as tall as Gief, but waaay less heavy

Actually if he become playable and is'nt just a NPC of the single mode DamnD may go closer to giant char

damnd

going by wiki at 7'2" (218 cm) and 443 lbs (201 kg) he's both taller and heavier than Gief

But aside data (wich in Capcom case is rarely right) we are still not in the range of Hugo/Abigail type of walking mountain character, guess ingame would look around SFV Birdie size

If we watch last time he was in a game (as playable char in Final Fight Revenge) he still get bit dwarfed by Hugo

If we get one i think SF4 Hugo was perfect standard to follow for a new giant (if not just Hugo, that i would welcome), more than that like Abigail in SFV it become bit crazy for the gameplay imho

Edited by CESTUS III
6 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

I think Marisa is going to be gigantic next to previous females, but nowhere near to be Giant of the game, pretty sure she would still be much smaller than Gief, let alone Hugo/SF giants

Going by proportions i think how they scaled her next to Luke in the artwork would be about right

SF6-Leak_06-03-22_003.jpg

Using Luke as standard she seems to be around Alex size but taller... almost as tall as Gief, but waaay less heavy

Actually if he become playable and is'nt just a NPC of the single mode DamnD may go closer to giant char

damnd

going by wiki at 7'2" (218 cm) and 443 lbs (201 kg) he's both taller and heavier than Gief

But aside data (wich in Capcom case is rarely right) we are still not in the range of Hugo/Abigail type of walking mountain character, guess ingame would look around SFV Birdie size

If we watch last time he was in a game (as playable char in Final Fight Revenge) he still get bit dwarfed by Hugo

If we get one i think SF4 Hugo was perfect standard to follow for a new giant (if not just Hugo, that i would welcome), more than that like Abigail in SFV it become bit crazy for the gameplay imho

It's about time Damnd became playable anyway. Him and Edi E are the only Final Fight bosses that haven't been playable in Street Fighter. I can see him being a giant character. He would be unique compared Hugo and Abigail because of how cowardly he is. His boss fight had him run away and send goons to fight for him. He would subvert his archetype if his cowardice is preserved.

20 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's about time Damnd became playable anyway. Him and Edi E are the only Final Fight bosses that haven't been playable in Street Fighter. I can see him being a giant character. He would be unique compared Hugo and Abigail because of how cowardly he is. His boss fight had him run away and send goons to fight for him. He would subvert his archetype if his cowardice is preserved.

If Damnd ever becomes playable, I would be disappointed if he doesn’t have any moves that call any of the goons. I could see it being both a special move and his level 3.

26 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

Same, forever. I hate mine (chosen when SRK was in lockdown mode when I just lurked) so I think if I keep the same AV and a similarish but not as twatty username, it'd be cool

Was gonna comment on you changing the iconic username when I noticed Guile's EYE TWITCHING in your pfp...thought my laptop was possessed for a sec 😭

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Lol i thought the same in the past about Abigail in SFV i think, even if he was'nt a coward (actually was by far the most powerful/fair enemy of whole game) you used to fight him with lot of goons involved and V system felt about perfect for that gimmick (imagine Abigail throw at you punks instead tires LMAO)

That DamnD concept would be awesome lol

Maybe not fighting for him because would be complex and too extreme to implement, but summon punks as cannon fodder only to take a strike at his place or throw them at you?

That would be doable and still hilarious af, fitting the char

In FFR he was pretty normal, kind generic big guy moveset (+Blanka rolling attack lol), but tech evolved and lot of shit is crazy today

Btw as super he had indeed whistle to call friends and he watch amused 2P, Hugo and Poison beat you up, then come to stomp you in the balls once you've already been KOd, then celebrate as if he won all by himself lol

Edited by CESTUS III
9 hours ago, Hecatom said:

This is one of those things that I never really liked, to add just frames or whatever they want to call it just for the sake of it.

Is one thing if each version gives you different utility that you can choose from depending of the situation or combo you want to use.

But to be something that, yeah, if you don't use the just frame version, then sike, you are not really playing, is just garbage, just artificial depth, where is not really adding depth at all.

8 hours ago, Sonero said:

So yeah, it's just adding unnecessary complexity of inputs to do what he was already doing.

8 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Dude already has 8 versions of SB.
Light 

medium

heavy 

EX

Light with VSkill

Medium with VSkill

Heavy with VSkill

EX with VSkill

Do we really need him to have 4 more (or even 8 more)?

As for the Sonic Boom and Perfect Boom.

Agree multi layering his projectile is too much. There are already tons of variants. It might work with other characters but Vhozite is right there are so many variation already

And if I would consider it. They should had been more of just a slight damage boost with slight bigger hitbox instead of changing the speed. Because sonic boom speeds are integral to Guile's gameplan. Correct me if I am wrong 

29 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

And if I would consider it. They should had been more of just a slight damage boost with slight bigger hitbox instead of changing the speed. Because sonic boom speeds are integral to Guile's gameplan. Correct me if I am wrong 

I've been thinking about this a bit. Sonic boom is a charge move. It should - in my biased opinion - be plus on hit, to the point it can lead to combos (i.e. sweep midscreen)

Not being able to land even a c.lp (though the range on that looks insane, a good sign) after landing one feels very weird. But, I'm well used to SF changing and fucking around with things between games. I'll definitely find something to enjoy.

Edit: When I play Guiie in 4 or 5, I don't think of him as a pure zoner, so much as a walking wall that slowly gets people to the corner (the corner is why I REALLY loved booms being plus on block) - given SF6's apparently insane corner danger, alongside permanently blocking being a liability, I wonder if his toolset has been tweaked to help that. 

Edited by JustBrowsing

So, I haven't played in a while and I re-installed SFV to play a bit and try the new characters in the wake of SF6's stuff.

WTF, they gave Falke an EX version of her shotgun?

So now as soon as I get meter I can turn any random snipe or close blast into a knockdown with extra damage?

That sounds really good, at least on paper.

Also, when did they gave everyone different voicelines for quickrise and backrise?

That's another good change.

9 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

So, I haven't played in a while and I re-installed SFV to play a bit and try the new characters in the wake of SF6's stuff.

WTF, they gave Falke an EX version of her shotgun?

So now as soon as I get meter I can turn any random snipe or close blast into a knockdown with extra damage?

That sounds really good, at least on paper.

Also, when did they gave everyone different voicelines for quickrise and backrise?

That's another good change.

Yeah, Falke is much better in this version.  I think Cody, Falke and Juri are the most improved characters from previous seasons.  All three are super strong now.  

53 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Lol i thought the same in the past about Abigail in SFV i think, even if he was'nt a coward (actually was by far the most powerful/fair enemy of whole game) you used to fight him with lot of goons involved and V system felt about perfect for that gimmick (imagine Abigail throw at you punks instead tires LMAO)

That DamnD concept would be awesome lol

Maybe not fighting for him because would be complex and too extreme to implement, but summon punks as cannon fodder only to take a strike at his place or throw them at you?

That would be doable and still hilarious af, fitting the char

In FFR he was pretty normal, kind generic big guy moveset (+Blanka rolling attack lol), but tech evolved and lot of shit is crazy today

Btw as super he had indeed whistle to call friends and he watch amused 2P, Hugo and Poison beat you up, then come to stomp you in the balls once you've already been KOd, then celebrate as if he won all by himself lol

Damnd having a style around fighting with goons is definitely doable. I image it will be like Mika's V-triggers and other summon type moves the series had over the years. 

13 minutes ago, Volt said:

Y'all hoes ain't loyal! Out here changing names like @Mattatsuchanges mains! Shame on you!

I did wonder about JustPlusFrames but wondered what the microtransaction cost Bee would levy when I wanted to change a crap joke back 

I'm glad you're loyal to Blanka though, Volt

[side note: How often has Matt changed names? 🤣]

Edited by JustBrowsing
3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

It would always annoy me how the communities have a biased against grapplers when they usually low on the tier list. I would often get kicked from lobbies in the calamity trigger days for playing Tager when the guy was bottom and had some insanely lopsided match ups. 

Had the same issue with P4A even though Kenji was nothing special. Guess having in invincible command grab produced a lot of salt. 

I fortunately didn't have said issues in both games, but I usually played either against people in the latin american/my country fgc or just against top tiers that knew the matchup.

Even the randoms i found when playing where usually chill and didn't kick me for using Tager/Kanji

I received more hate/kickings due playing Honda on SF4, lol

Edited by Hecatom
2 hours ago, JustBrowsing said:

I did wonder about JustPlusFrames but wondered what the microtransaction cost Bee would levy when I wanted to change a crap joke back 

I'm glad you're loyal to Blanka though, Volt

[side note: How often has Matt changed names? 🤣]

Megashock+ comes with unlimited name changes (maybe) 😃

1 hour ago, mykka said:

I wonder if Mika returns, will Nadeshiko still be part of her moveset somehow

Honestly, I hope not. It diminished her as a fighter. For all it's faults, A Shadow Falls did a better job of showing what she's capable of. She tanked a punch for Balrog. A man who literally killed an Elephant with his punch. I'd rather Mika and Nadeshiko be separate characters. It reminds of when people want Yun and Yang to fight together. It's beyond lame. Even Dan fights one on one.

6 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Damnd having a style around fighting with goons is definitely doable. I image it will be like Mika's V-triggers and other summon type moves the series had over the years. 

Yeah, maybe like the 2nd VT where Nadeshiko enter with a chair, maybe they could even have him leave the 2D plane for a moment and watch it from background (kinda like when Vega is climbing the cage), even if i can see people would find it problematic lol

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly, I hope not. It diminished her as a fighter. For all it's faults, A Shadow Falls did a better job of showing what she's capable of. She tanked a punch for Balrog. A man who literally killed an Elephant with his punch. I'd rather Mika and Nadeshiko be separate characters. It reminds of when people want Yun and Yang to fight together. It's beyond lame. Even Dan fights one on one.

Tbh i have not much problem with it, some fighters story wise are so below on the food chain that if open to funny/spectacular stuff i rather see them break the 1v1 and have a chance of be a problem for stronger characters than see the honorable (in a game where people use weapons and shit) 1v1 imposed blocking interesting ideas 😁

Story wise Mika indeed tanked one Rog punch (not necessary the same kind of punch Rog used to kill the elephant), but is also true that while Zangief handled Rog with zero problems and was beating/clowning him till Ed's interruption, Mika AND Ibuki combined effort has'nt been enough to defeat Rog

She could not even handle alone a bear, wich as incredible it sound for SF world is kinda weak feat

So Mika having the help of a minor NPC char as assist does'nt bother me much, considering Mika and another main cast characters combined effort was'nt enough to stop Rog who's not (anymore) that big deal... to give perspective Ed alone who's implied to be still kinda weak put Rog on his ass 1v1

If anything bizzarre af thing to me was that Nadeshiko was integrant part of Mika style in SFV yet in the story never appear as if does'nt exist at all, they could have added her as buddy NPC like Hazam for Rashid 🤔

As for Yun and Yang fight together to me would be easy way to use one single precious slot to have two VERY similar chars (would not start debate on this, guess we know what i mean) and save that other slot for something completely different and help cast variety

Them fight together (still 1v1 but doing turnover, not 2v1 at same time) would not diminish much them in my view, they still looked cool in the manga where Ryu face both on sequence... them being very young make it work, does'nt feel cheap as a vet doing it

5 minutes ago, HonebamiX said:

Evil Ryu?!

Ryu had this normal before and it was special cancelable back in the day! I'm happy he is looking way more fun in this game than SFV where Ryu was st.mp the character until season 4.

not really evil ryu that was in marvel games anyway