Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

2 minutes ago, Skort said:

I don't know if this was mentioned before but i'm surprised that they added blood back to the game after so long.

Look at Guile after the fight, he has bruises on his face, a black eye and blood. 

Just now, Shakunetsu said:

I used to like this and posted this in capcom unity but @DarthEnderXconvinced me why it wasn't a good idea, then i realize it's not gonna be appealing to other characters with weird facial structures.  but additional features are always welcome.

13 minutes ago, Skort said:

I don't know if this was mentioned before but i'm surprised that they added blood back to the game after so long.

Look at Guile after the fight, he has bruises on his face, a black eye and blood. 

G1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

Iirc already in SF4 they considered the idea (there was also a sketch of Ken), don't remember if SFV too mentioned it

Cool thing is that i would not even see it as a thing to be more western/gritty for cheap marketing, SF2 having portraits with fucked up faces is a classic

Would even be cooler if they combo it with "Continue?" defeated pose, SF3 style

3 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

So, if everyone has 3 supers, and that includes Guile who is certainly going to have charge supers, does that mean we're gonna have delta motions back in this game?

We didn't have those since SFIV, and I hope they aren't planning on giving Guile non-charge supers.

Why? Bison and Chun have motion supers in 5, and Guile in this game will presumably be a hybrid since his VS special is in this game.

Certainly preferable to the delta motions

Edited by Vhozite
Just now, Vhozite said:

Why? Bison and Chun have motion supers in 5, and Guile in this game will presumably be a hybrid since his VS special is in this game.

I really wasn't a fan of charge characters having motion supers in V either honestly. In general I didn't like how samey most of the super motions were except for Zangief and Guile, it feels too much like homogenization to me. But I realize it's a weird hangup of mine.

3 hours ago, Skort said:

G1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

LOVE that they are bringing battle damage back. It's not as graphic as Mortal Kombat. And I think the SFII and SFIII Win/Loss screens look more damaged. But it's a great visual layer to add to the game that makes it feel that your fighter was in a scrap, even though you won the fight. I love how committed SF6 is to this realism.

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

That's way better than MK. Guile looks like he just got done in a fight; not like he survived a slaughterhouse.

MK Battle damage was gross AF.

MK damage is hilarious over the top. Like your character can have so much blood on them you can’t even tell what their default skin tone is.

Also funny to see someone get their skull turned into oatmeal and then get right back up.

Edited by Vhozite
38 minutes ago, delete_me said:

As good as the other characters look ingame, there's something weird with Guile going on. Maybe its because his arms are so ridiculously huge and visually occupy about 80% of his upper body, but he doesn't look as accomplished (yet?) in motion.

For all the talks about realism Guile looks cartoonier than ever. His torso and arms are really oversized compared his legs.

And I kind of dig it. I hope more characters in this game follow this kind of "stylized but highly detailed" rather than the realism some people are seeing.

6 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

I get the feeling that a lot of attacks are going to be powered up in SF6 because of the parry mechanics. Give everything stupid range and plus frames. Don't like it? Learn to parry.

that's certainly the case with fireballs despite not being perfect parryable. will probably apply to tatsu and hazansu esque moves too

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

That's way better than MK. Guile looks like he just got done in a fight; not like he survived a slaughterhouse.

MK Battle damage was gross AF.

This guy get it, it's about do shit in classy way and keep it about martial arts/fight sports imagery rather than splatter movie 

MK do it because MK have MK audience

Plus guess not many people know, but the moment your face look most like shit is the day after, not the very moment ref call it over 

2 hours ago, Volt said:

Meh, I don't particularly care for battle damage tbh. I'd rather not have it or at least have a toggle.

i'm ok with it and will keep, but i guess it's fair make it option, just like commentators MUST be option as that shit give me cancer 

Btw i hope they will do it reasonable to preserve a bit the aesthetic, like not that you must win by perfect to not get marks, or large majority of times the image of SF6 will be injuries fighters lol

I think good balance can be something like, on best out 3 rounds 

win 2-0 clean face 

win  2-1 fucked up, to show battle has been close 

I think it's also a kinda smart feature, because if you think about the loser that offered a good fight will get rewarded with winner's char not coming out unscathed, and loss will be bit less bitter

The experience of challenge a pretty strong player and make him celebrate with a black eye is itself kinda rewarding to some extent 

Edited by CESTUS III
20 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

I get the feeling that a lot of attacks are going to be powered up in SF6 because of the parry mechanics. Give everything stupid range and plus frames. Don't like it? Learn to parry.

Its because of how EX moves work. Since you can't actively build meter for them, they have to make them more worthwhile than normal. They cost 2 drive bars so if you use two of them, you're in danger of getting chipped out and guardbroken. Which means that neutral is going to be played without being able to constantly use them for random things.

6 hours ago, Skort said:

G1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

Herb Dean gonna make a guest appearance to wave off the fight due to TKO with cuts like that.

AdmirableBoldFulmar-size_restricted.gif

5 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Herb Dean gonna make a guest appearance to wave off the fight due to TKO with cuts like that.

AdmirableBoldFulmar-size_restricted.gif

It's all good as long we don't get Cecil Peoples DLC

Anyone here remember Cecil Peoples? | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing  Discussion

Btw jokes aside i would love a ring or cage stage with a crazy ref, specially now that we have red vs blue lifebars could be easy give him red and blue flags and make him raise the correct one to point the round winner

Also have big ass poster or megascreen of the fight with the two portraits (with a big "VS" in the middle) on the background

Btw if anybody is worried about waifu getting fucked up, i say relax as traditionally SF used to go way softer on girls

SF2

Posters sur le thème Super Street Fighter 2 | Redbubble

SF3

Bison2Winquote — - Gill beating Yun, Street Fighter III: New...

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection review — Kelleher Bros.

In girl case there's less emphasis on physical damage and more about the emotional state

And big difference these are LOSERS, in SF6 winners (like Guile there) suffer lighter damage

Edited by CESTUS III
16 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Btw if anybody is worried about waifu getting fucked up, i say relax as traditionally SF used to go way softer on girls

SF2

Posters sur le thème Super Street Fighter 2 | Redbubble

SF3

Bison2Winquote — - Gill beating Yun, Street Fighter III: New...

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection review — Kelleher Bros.

In girl case there's less emphasis on physical damage and more about the emotional state

And big difference these are LOSERS, in SF6 winners (like Guile there) suffer lighter damage

Obligatory Elena defeat screen for comparison:

spacer.png

2 hours ago, delete_me said:

Girls get the Amber Heard filter.

Plot twist, JP is short for Jack Parrow

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Based misogynist Alex

That's old SF3 Alex, in SF6 he understood the errors of his previous path, according to kotaku leaker new win quote is

"If you want to peopl* to like you, you gotta (if you want, i can't tell you what to do) use your strong woman pride to fight patriarchy"

1 minute ago, Skort said:

Thanks for sharing.

I can't believe how freakyn annoying the commentator is though. I think it's my only issue with the game so far, good thing you can turn that shit off. Waste of development time implementing it imo.

Yeah. Good thing we have an option to turn it off. (I know when I get the game, that's the first thing Im gonna do).

I see why the implemented it. Most Sports games have real commentators like the NBA2k and Madden games. I think they def implemented it for the new players to have an expert guide them into what they should do next, but also to give it the feel and legitimacy for SF being an esport to be taken seriously (despite fighting games being niche)

4 minutes ago, Skort said:

Thanks for sharing.

I can't believe how freakyn annoying the commentator is though. I think it's my only issue with the game so far, good thing you can turn that shit off. Waste of development time implementing it imo.

It was an ok idea, but the execution is horrendous.

If the lines didn't trigger constantly, it would be nice.

19 minutes ago, Skort said:

Well, we ASSUME "you can turn that shit off"

But likely it's possible

Probably, c'mon

I mean, they can't be that stupid

*Cestus trying to sleep tonight*<6>