Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

36 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Jeah I played ASB back in the glory days. Game was really jank. Damage, anti airing, general balance. Really fun tho

Looks like you gotta hit confirm into supers for the actual big damages. Game is like super low damage and then level 3s blow your pussy out.

Wtf is going on with this? 😂

@Jocelot Played this guy a few games. He won the first one because I wasn't sure wtf was going on. Won the second one after understading better how some of the stuff in the game works. Third game I give him the full FGC treatment with Jonathan: zoned him out, DPed all his jump ins and then spent time charging up meter to hit confirm into level 3.  Welcome to life. 😤

2 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

The amount of you gon learn today in SF6 will create unprecdented salt mines.

I've already had a few people ragequit on me and then just stop playing.

Crazy thing about this game is that your assists also work as combo breakers. But holy shit do level 3s do a lot of damage.

Is the netcode good tho?

14 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Hope they fixed which part: the damage or the online?

Jonathan Joestar has a move that becomes an armored overhead when EXed. Only way to stop it is with super or throwing it. This game, LMAO.

6 hours ago, Skort said:

It's low resolution, it's blurry and it's pixely....

But it's crystal clear that this is the light at the end of the tunnel.

JURI-sf6.jpg

PS : i do really hope her 3D model turns out good. This particular image of it is cropped and low quality but i can still tell the facial structure is overall good, the hair is on point and actually covers her forehead properly ( thing they need to fix with Chun ) and Juri retains her slender build overall. I am excited but i doubt they gonna preview her anytime soon.

I like spikes are simple white steel and not that retarded azure she have in the artwork

Still for the third game SF4 is going to be by fare her best design, hard to beat

Super Street Fighter IV: Juri Resin Statue

She have her distinct style, but at same time big white pants instant sell you she's korean TKD char

SFV one destroyed everything was good of original design

SF6 return closer to SF4 but switching colors miss the point (unless i get good colors alt)

So just give me SF4 one and we're good imho

13 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

I like spikes are simple white steel and not that retarded azure she have in the artwork

Will probably have multiple variations based on color packs.

13 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Still for the third game SF4 is going to be by fare her best design, hard to beat

Can't beat OG Juri, that's why her nostalgia costume remains my most used in SFV.

14 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

SFV one destroyed everything was good of original design

I actually like her default in SFV, but i much prefer her SF 4 default, it stands out more and has much more going for it.

14 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

SF6 return closer to SF4 but switching colors miss the point (unless i get good colors alt)

Her SF 6 design mixes features of SF 4 design and her premium costume from SF 5 ( long hair ) . I think they nailed it and i am quite happy with how it turned out. 

JURI-SF-6.jpg

All good, Juri is one of those characters who gets a lot of costumes so i am hardly worried. There won't be lack of variety that's for sure.

4 minutes ago, Skort said:

Will probably have multiple variations based on color packs.

Can't beat OG Juri, that's why her nostalgia costume remains my most used in SFV.

I actually like her default in SFV, but i much prefer her SF 4 default, it stands out more and has much more going for it.

Her SF 6 design mixes features of SF 4 design and her premium costume from SF 5 ( long hair ) . I think they nailed it and i am quite happy with how it turned out. 

JURI-SF-6.jpg

All good, Juri is one of those characters who gets a lot of costumes so i am hardly worried. There won't be lack of variety that's for sure.

So Ryu stole Akuma's sandals and Juri stole Chun Li's bracelets. WTF is going on in SF6.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Looks like you gotta hit confirm into supers for the actual big damages. Game is like super low damage and then level 3s blow your pussy out.

When the original launched you couldn't even cancel normals into your level 3 super. You had to juggle into it or use a Puttsun cancel like in SFIV. Matches really dragged in those days. Plus with really small jump arcs, big stages and finicky anti airs it was actually pretty hard to actually fight people. It actually took a lot of patches to get the game to where it is now.

edit: Awwww man that's too bad about the netcode. That was literally my only wish is that they'd at least improve it. I guess I won't be picking up my mantle as the best Kars NA for this go round. Sad

Edited by Jocelot
12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So Ryu stole Akuma's sandals and Juri stole Chun Li's bracelets. WTF is going on in SF6.

Cody has been fighting crime since the goddamn 80's and Metro City is still a shithole.

We better hope Alex doesn't make it, he'll be walking around asking if people are muggers and beating everybody up.

9 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I don't know why people are acting like these games aren't weird cash grabs. There was a 0% chance that this was shipping with rollback. Enjoy the demo then go play something else.

Honestly, they should have known better when Bandai Namco was involved. SNK has several classic titles with roll back added in. Capcom is hit or miss. Namco just misses. Have they ever had a game with good netcode? Soul Calibur 6 is okay I guess, by their standards. Although it was atrocious at launch.

56 minutes ago, Skort said:

1- Will probably have multiple variations based on color packs.

2- Can't beat OG Juri, that's why her nostalgia costume remains my most used in SFV.

3- I actually like her default in SFV, but i much prefer her SF 4 default, it stands out more and has much more going for it.

4- Her SF 6 design mixes features of SF 4 design and her premium costume from SF 5 ( long hair ) . I think they nailed it and i am quite happy with how it turned out.

5- All good, Juri is one of those characters who gets a lot of costumes so i am hardly worried. There won't be lack of variety that's for sure.

1- Yes, but i'm talking default

Artwork represent default color and had that stupid azure, ingame 3d default seems to have simple steel, much better.

From there, alt colors can be whatever as usual

2- No doubt SF4 has been best new char design in SF4 and tbh would say SFV and so far SF6 too.

And i'm not even a waifu, Juri, Feet feticist, it's just great. The palette is spot on, silhuette recognizable. Took something big SF lacked for decades (korea/tkd rep) and made it work to be complementary with Chun Li and Cammy designs/color palettes, first female villain too.

Really a product worthy of best SF days, would have been great in SFA or SF3 easily (would say better than lot that made it in these glorified chapters)

3- Problem with her SFV default is that was her default. Would have been great alt, adding a new theme to her.

But as default it killed one of most important design traits she had (big legs on silhuette, to put emphasis on her TKD theme and being kick char)

Good thing SF6 one seems to have understood

4- Tbh i think SF6 simply play on mix SF4 default (big %) and throw there SFV default materials (black leather and zips as if it's some biker shit)

Overall it's pretty good, ultimately i just prefer SF4 one because shows greater TKD influence, but i consider SF6 one already a great fixing from SFV, specially at recreate the old weights on the silhuette, making lower half much heavier

5- True, even if as soon i get nostalgia SF4 one i don't need anything else 😄

Edited by CESTUS III
49 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Into the trash JoJo goes.

Perhaps I am on the few minority that still enjoys playing games locally rather than online, hence why I don't usually care when certain smaller games that I know I will be playing with few friends don't have good online.

It still sucks, and It will be great if more remakes/re releases added good netcode, like SNK, Capcom and ASW have done with older games, but TBH, I never expected this game to add rollback,

18 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Perhaps I am on the few minority that still enjoys playing games locally rather than online, hence why I don't usually care when certain smaller games that I know I will be playing with few friends don't have good online.

It still sucks, and It will be great if more remakes/re releases added good netcode, like SNK, Capcom and ASW have done with older games, but TBH, I never expected this game to add rollback,

I'm usually too busy with family stuff to be able to regularly attend locals. I'll go when I have the spare time and money to do so but that's not often. Conventions was how I kept up with Sam Sho 19 before the pandemic hit. 

47 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

If I had a local scene it'd be fun.  The game is kinda cool and I'm sure its rude as hell. Dio looks like he has unblockable and command grab set ups for days.

The rollback thing sucks but that's the way with a lot of old re-releases. No way is bum ass Bamco gonna worry about fixing a thing about anything.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Not everyone has the luxury or the luck of a local scene.

Bad Netcodes were more excuseable before CoVid happend and Delay Netcode became an insult.

For a lot of people good Netplay will end with make or break.

What sucks a bit since I really can't get my ass to play GBVS online again, without getting vietnam flashbacks of the last matches I had, which were really bad, despite me usually having no problems on delay inside of the EU

27 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Not everyone has the luxury or the luck of a local scene.

Bad Netcodes were more excuseable before CoVid happend and Delay Netcode became an insult.

For a lot of people good Netplay will end with make or break.

What sucks a bit since I really can't get my ass to play GBVS online again, without getting vietnam flashbacks of the last matches I had, which were really bad, despite me usually having no problems on delay inside of the EU

Honestly, I get why people are mad at JoJo not having rollback. It makes perfect sense.

On the other hand, we also know exactly what kind of release this was and that Bamco is involved (As a publisher). People gotta know better at this point. It sucks, but it's also what it is. At least it got ported to a bunch of systems it wasn't available before.

If anything, I hope a new JoJo FG is made from the ground up (with rollback, of course). The options... aren't exactly great rn.

During Brian_F's stream it was discovered that you can do Drive moves when nearing burnout - even if you don't actually have enough bar required.  There was an instance where Ryu used an EX move with half a bar left before burnout and it worked.  It seems as long as you have ANY bar you can use a drive move before burnout.  Which means in all likelihood you could go crazy with Drive Rushes and EX moves in order to guarantee a KO and close out the match.

7 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

During Brian_F's stream it was discovered that you can do Drive moves when nearing burnout - even if you don't actually have enough bar required.  There was an instance where Ryu used an EX move with half a bar left before burnout and it worked.  It seems as long as you have ANY bar you can use a drive move before burnout.  Which means in all likelihood you could go crazy with Drive Rushes and EX moves in order to guarantee a KO and close out the match.

Y'know... Didn't ArcSys do that in DNF?

Holding_back_lol_cracking_laugh.gif

30 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Honestly this sounds dumb, but we’ll see how bad being in burnout really is or how long it lasts. 

14 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Honestly this sounds dumb, but we’ll see how bad being in burnout really is or how long it lasts. 

Burnout is pretty bad. You lose all access to the Drive System until it complete refills. So no Parrys, No Drive Impacts, No OD (EX) Moves, No Drive Reversals, No Drive Rush (Dash Cancels). You can also be chip killed while in Burnout and  Drive Impacts, on hit or block, leave you in a Dizzy state in the corner.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
6 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Which means

A lot of games do that with various meter mechanics and TBH I don't know how I feel about it.

34 minutes ago, Volt said:

Y'know... Didn't ArcSys do that in DNF?

Its also how a lot of drained meters work. Genei Jin special moves keep the property of when they were last done, same with CCs, same with Ryu's v-trigger in SF5 that came out before DNF, same with Eddie attacks with Zato etc.

Its how these types of things always end up working across multiple games.

17 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I like it just because I want more meter for Drive Rush and it's expensive at 3 bars.   It could lead to some longer combos near the end of rounds.  The player has to take a calculated risk that the combo will kill if not they'll be in a tough spot.  

Edited by HeavensCloud
11 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

It lasts a long-ass time if you don't go for the stun or if they're not actively regaining drive by hitting you.

DNF low-meter burns also extend the lockdown period for your meter iirc, so if SF6 does the same, it could be even worse if people get too careless with it.

I just remembered, blocking chips drive instead of health in this game, right? The only footage of chip kills in this game was explicitly shown to have a character enter burnout before getting chipped. Does that mean that there are no chip kills without burnout?

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

A lot of games do that with various meter mechanics and TBH I don't know how I feel about it.

Its also how a lot of drained meters work. Genei Jin special moves keep the property of when they were last done, same with CCs, same with Ryu's v-trigger in SF5 that came out before DNF, same with Eddie attacks with Zato etc.

Its how these types of things always end up working across multiple games.

geese-geese-howard.gif

Take notes @Mr.Cipherthat's how you bait people.

As for a legit take on the subject, the examples you mentioned aren't exactly similar. Drive Gauge is more similar to DNF's super meter and SFIV's EX meter than a power-up/install meter. I mentioned SFIV in particular because of the Ultra gauge used exclusively for Ultras.

Having access to an EX move in SF without the minimum meter for it is unprecedented, and as DNF showed us as early as in the first beta, people can and will go nuts with that.

Drive Gauge is not super meter. And it isn't having access to EX moves. Its access to most of the defensive mechanics. If you're going to lose Drive meter by blocking, then they have to work it out so that you still have options without being forced entirely out of it.

Hence why Eddie can still do moves that cost more than the meter left while Zato is moving him around, same with CCs, Genei Jin etc. Meter draining that way isn't a new thing in a Capcom game or an ASW game.