Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

12 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

The amount of you gon learn today in SF6 will create unprecdented salt mines.

Tbh this is why fighting game launches are always fun

You get people who know absolutely nothing stick their heads out into ranked, get bodied, then go to twitter and reddit to write Wikipedia length posts abiut how the genre is dying and needs to remove artificial difficulty of motion inputs 

As a friendly reminder DNF is launching in two weeks and 2023 will give us MK12 and SF6 at least guaranteed. 

7 hours ago, Volt said:

It lasts a long-ass time if you don't go for the stun or if they're not actively regaining drive by hitting you.

DNF low-meter burns also extend the lockdown period for your meter iirc, so if SF6 does the same, it could be even worse if people get too careless with it.

I just remembered, blocking chips drive instead of health in this game, right? The only footage of chip kills in this game was explicitly shown to have a character enter burnout before getting chipped. Does that mean that there are no chip kills without burnout?

geese-geese-howard.gif

Take notes @Mr.Cipherthat's how you bait people.

As for a legit take on the subject, the examples you mentioned aren't exactly similar. Drive Gauge is more similar to DNF's super meter and SFIV's EX meter than a power-up/install meter. I mentioned SFIV in particular because of the Ultra gauge used exclusively for Ultras.

Having access to an EX move in SF without the minimum meter for it is unprecedented, and as DNF showed us as early as in the first beta, people can and will go nuts with that.

noted.jpg

tbh baiting Pertho is easier than baiting FF7 and 3S player.

He jumps on everything.

3 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Unnecessary complexity masquerading as depth.

Which honestly is not totally unexpected after 6 years of people saying SFV had no depth. Not agreeing or disagreeing, but a lot of the decisions in SF6 seem like direct responses to critiques of 5. A lot of it seems good since I really did not like 5, but there has also been some over-corrections imo.

I think  it's way too early to tell how complex it's going to be and how it's goin to play out in the meta of the game.

People keep thinking of certain scenarios regarding the drive meter based on previous games and their meta / gameplan. SF 6 will develop it's own over time and people will adapt, some slower some faster as always.

I welcome something new, if i wanted to play what old games had, i would play those. I just hope the new system turns out good and fun, it is a game after all.

Edited by Skort

I look at it more like a versatile toolset where you don't necessarily have to use everything but pick your favourites to get the job done. 

For example, I can safely assume right here and now that I will never be able to single hit confirm into Drive Rush from a normal anyway, so in my matches I'll use those three bars for auto-parries or EX moves instead, giving me more moves to spend the resources on on defense at the cost of a not-so-optimised offense.

It'll all regulte itself on the rank your playing at anyway I think.

7 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Which honestly is not totally unexpected after 6 years of people saying SFV had no depth. Not agreeing or disagreeing, but a lot of the decisions in SF6 seem like direct responses to critiques of 5. A lot of it seems good since I really did not like 5, but there has also been some over-corrections imo.

V was a reaction to IV, taking out option selects and forcing people to make "real choices" and "committing", while also getting rid of annoying one frame links that people disliked. You know, going back to real, footsie based Street Fighter where decision making matters the most instead of excessive technicality!

... And then you had 6/7 years of people complaining about being forced to guess, not having clear answers to an opponent's offense, and that execution is braindead and the game ain't hype to watch anymore. Also, that characters feel weaker than they used to be because the V-System, which was supposed to make each character feel unique, kinda encourages shoving the real good stuff behind a V-Trigger activation, and that the game feels too linear because the devs are concerned about the pros breaking the system and removing the emphasis on commitment.

So now VI is a reaction to V. We are far from having all the details, but we might be seeing a more complex game, we might already be seeing stronger characters that can do all kinds of EX moves on round start (and also stuff like Jamie having a system similar to G, but unlike G he doesn't lose levels if knocked down), can play in a few different ways because of the flexibility of the Drive system, and there are already some pretty important defensive systems like 1 frame parries and a Focus Attack-like thing. You know, going back to real, footsie based Street Fighter where personal expression matters the most instead of braindead guessing "decision-making"!

The cycle repeats itself endlessly.

I'm kinda digging the new Drive system, but I'm totally seeing many people hating that system in the future.

49 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

Also posted afterwards some moves will have different data after drive rush. I'm gonna be extra ass at this game, I couldn't keep up with all the frame data for sfv I'm gonna be hard stuck bronze in this game😭

They improve on the netcode you could always run sets with @Volt, If not I'm sure you'll be better than me at this game. 😉

11 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I'm kinda digging the new Drive system, but I'm totally seeing many people hating that system in the future.

What I like most about the drive system is that there are lots of ways to use it. It has offensive, defensive, and neutral options all baked in, so no matter what game state you favor you can make up ground there if you’re weak in another area. Like delete me said if I can’t one hit confirm a drive fadc I can just have more meter for my defensive options. I’m sure there will be an optimal way to spend your meter but I like that we seemingly have the freedom to use the gauge the way we want.

One of my biggest peeves in modern online games is that it always feels like the devs are pushing you to play a very specific way and they don’t like players “coloring outside the lines”. The drive system at least seems like an attempt to combat that issue, so even if i end up hating it I appreciate Capcom’s effort on exploring player expression. 

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Maybe you don't remember but a lot of SF5 initially was a response to SF4. It's a vicious cycle.

I enjoyed SF4 and SF5 btw. SF5 more so.

5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

How fucking dare they do that to our Lord Problem X!

Edited by Daemos

Did Go1 take out that rat Akuma at Evo FINALS with Bison on our home turf (Shadaloo Ring stage) in front of billions* of people? Didn't think so.

LORD PROBLEM MUST BE AVENGED!

Spoiler

*May be an exaggeration.

Edited by Daemos
1 hour ago, Sonero said:

This is ridiculous. How do you fuck up this bad accidentally? Had to be on purpose. Not only did they picture the wrong person twice. They couldn't even get their country of origin right. Goichi is Japanese and Problem X is from the UK. Justin Wong is from the US and so is SonicFox. 🤬

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

V was a reaction to IV, taking out option selects and forcing people to make "real choices" and "committing", while also getting rid of annoying one frame links that people disliked. You know, going back to real, footsie based Street Fighter where decision making matters the most instead of excessive technicality!

... And then you had 6/7 years of people complaining about being forced to guess, not having clear answers to an opponent's offense, and that execution is braindead and the game ain't hype to watch anymore. Also, that characters feel weaker than they used to be because the V-System, which was supposed to make each character feel unique, kinda encourages shoving the real good stuff behind a V-Trigger activation, and that the game feels too linear because the devs are concerned about the pros breaking the system and removing the emphasis on commitment.

So now VI is a reaction to V. We are far from having all the details, but we might be seeing a more complex game, we might already be seeing stronger characters that can do all kinds of EX moves on round start (and also stuff like Jamie having a system similar to G, but unlike G he doesn't lose levels if knocked down), can play in a few different ways because of the flexibility of the Drive system, and there are already some pretty important defensive systems like 1 frame parries and a Focus Attack-like thing. You know, going back to real, footsie based Street Fighter where personal expression matters the most instead of braindead guessing "decision-making"!

We have to remove the mask of denial and take a step forward into truth. And truth is that SF never had real footsies. Footsies is a social construct that we use to arbitrarily justify why my characters BS is based you characters BS is cringe. Every new SF will always be a reaction to the last game  because no one knows what they want. Capcom has been playing the long game though... you see they're very smart... 

Release SFV to absolute piss poor acclaim (it was funded by Sony Pony money so they can take the loss). Bait us by saying this a return to footsies and get the influencers to shill it. Demoralize the base with Brazilian match making, R.Mika and  crush counters. let the base stew in that for 6 years. Then when the base is at their lowest point release a game with too many options. We all think its based... maybe the greatest SF. But something isn't right.... while we instant tiger knee drive cancel into burn out EX frame trap we hear something in the distance

TATSMAKISEMPUUUKAK, SHOOOOOORYUKEN, HADUUUUUUUKIN! Then it hits us after 6 years of SF6 the true footsies based SF was by our sides along.....

spacer.png

For what's worth just 1-2 days ago on story thread we talked about Chun blocking animations difference (normal vs burnout) showing to be way more efficient on normal state, so i guess make sense with the whole concept of it

Personally i dig it, it's essentially a mechanic that simulate in SF the real life scenario of fighters handling poorly their own energies and starting to fight like shit (offense and defense) because they spent all they got without being able to KO their opponent

Actually try to bait other guy into waste all in useless prolonged aggression and fuck him up when he's gassed/weaken is pretty common shit (typical welcome every brawler noob get in gyms), wonder if will become a style of play lol

Rather than see it as useless shit i take it as SF applying to gameplay something well known/important in fight sports and martial arts without become a boring simulator, i like it

My perplexity is that may risk to punish who takes the initiative, it may steal lot of momentum/pace from  matches... but tbh guess it's all about how they balance Drive Gauge tools, mybe they will be so powerful that if you try to defend yourself without use drive shit on your own, good chance you get overwhelmed and die lol

PS: half OT, but for very similar reason i dig also the Drive Gauge starting full, after all begin it's the moment when you're still full of energies and it's up to you chose how to manage them, if burn everything quickly looking for a quick conclusion, or dose them wisely looking for a more methodical/cautious fight

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Gene saved us all. Wish I could play taht game again but my Ps2 doesn't work.

Also kind of neat, but the JoJo's game actually explains to you the moves in their command list. Man godhand is badass.

The PS2 lucked out when the 360 launched because people forgot how utterly unreliable the PS2 was. Mine died after 18 months. Everyone I knew that bought the PS2, original model, had their system fail in 2 years or less. All because Sony didn't want to spend a few more cents per unit on a metal spindle.

Just now, Shakunetsu said:

from japanese interview 

gathered by CountAntonius

What will happen to the differences between platforms and net codes?

――I played on PS5 this time, but I felt that the loading time until the match was quite short. Will it be a little slower with the PS4 version?

Mr. Nakayama:

That's right for the road part. If anything, I think it's okay to recognize that the PS5 is amazing.

Mr. Matsumoto:
 Even in the PS4 version, the parts that must be secured as a fighting game are protected.

Mr. Nakayama:
 Even at the current development stage, we are able to guarantee a match at 60 FPS. Since various graphic options are attached in detail, it is designed so that you can play comfortably by turning it on and off.

――If you have a PS4 or a PC that doesn't have enough specs, you can enjoy the match without any problems by adjusting the graphic options.

Mr. Nakayama:

Right now, I have no choice but to answer "I'll do my best, I'll do my best", but I'd like to announce the specifications required for the PC version somewhere as soon as possible.

he image is very good in this work, but does it work without problems even with the specifications of PlayStation 4?

Mr. Nakayama: 
At the current development stage, we are able to play at 60fps without any problems.

29 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Gene saved us all. Wish I could play taht game again but my Ps2 doesn't work.

Also kind of neat, but the JoJo's game actually explains to you the moves in their command list. Man godhand is badass.

Gene survived in stealth mode

009.png?h=c8401525880f81dd927147e01f4501ecGene screenshots, images and pictures - Giant Bomb

Too bad they gave me shitty artwork colors and not cool ingame ones, but SFV had paranormal ability in the doubt to do the wrong thing

Also Capcom be like "watch these Clover guys, they think to be cool 😒"

Respect Gene! (God Hand) : r/respectthreadsHideki Kamiya Berencana Ingin Membuat Sekuel Terbaru dari God Hand

"we can do much better without them, we are just as cool 😎"

Recensione Final Fight: Streetwise - Everyeye.itSuper Sloth (@Super__Sloth) / Twitter

Edited by CESTUS III

I love frame data changing in burnout, why would anyone be worried about it being fake depth or whatever? It being burnout it's all but guaranteed that the frame data gets worse, I can't imagine you gaining options in the penalty state. And that's a good thing because fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you for misplaying lol

Earlier in this thread I saw comparisons to DNFs exhaustion, this is already looking nothing like exhaustion. DNF exhaustion is a slap on the wrist, I will gladly enter the "penalty state" in that game just to throw more shit on you that is so plus or extends a combo so long that it's over by the time you get to interact with me again. Burnout looks like an actual lose condition, where you not only lose system mechanics but also have worse frame data for a long, long time. It's also going to make it that much more impressive if someone can pull a win out from a round where they got put into burnout.

2 hours ago, Volt said:

This... gives me hope. I'll be able to be the worst ranked player in SF6 too. 😤

While you wait, get a fukkin cable! I ain't tryna get motion sickness because of your shoddy wifi again!!!

This meme is so stale I'm gonna unironically play on WiFi against you and only you...or maybe I wont.... I guess you'll never know hehehe