Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I actually thought for a moment my glasses were broken, seeing you in a FG was a real shock to me

Actually 2. Played a bit of SF4 too. I wanted to sock people in the mouth with Dudley.

Come to think of it... I think I'm down pretty bad if I'm out here playing these. I'd better wash it off with some KoF. 🤣

Oh no, he's coming! He's almost here!

I can feel his presence, rippling through space and time. The harbinger of reactions to posts long gone, he who walks through past and future...

B̷̫̝̲̲͉̭̦̺͖̰͚͓̙̜̌͒̊͜i̶̢̢͉̩̙̘̞̙̲͒͝g̶̢̭̼͎̜̘̬̼̞͍̖̋̔̏͒̎̔̎̓̾̍͜͜ͅẗ̴̡̡̞̹̹̣̱̳̮̗͈́̍̅̎̂o̷̹̬̦͚͇͉̰͙̣͍̟̥̥͔̽̇̒͐͐̊̇̏̃̈́͆͘͜c̷̢̳̳̦̙̦̹͖̍̑͑̌͘͜ͅh̴̪̅̏͐̊̃̃̄̋̊̍̌͝͝i̷͓̞̭̘̤̞̞͑͌͒̃̎͛͆̾͜͠r̵̡̩͍͔͍͙̩̻̙̻͖͎̲̒̆̈́͑̏̓̋͘͝o̵̗̬͕͐̊͛̊̇́̎

21 hours ago, Vhozite said:

This is exactly what happened to Nash in the last couple patches. He got a couple buffs to not be a bottom 5 character and people started complaining about him less than 24 hours later. Like holy shit god forbid he get a couple overturned tools after being dog shit for 4 years.

Ive said it a few times…I love fighting games but I absolutely cannot stand the majority of the players. 

And this is nothing

Try give Zangief a not-nerf, watch an horde of waifu players becoming hysterical soccer moms 🤣

22 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

That's what happens with Abigail. It seems no one wants that man to be good. 

Abigail being good is fine. Abigail being good with the advantages of being huge without all the disadvantages is stupid.

Abigail’s arm missing an entire character length of hurtbox vs Falke’s entire staff having a hurtbox with a sliver of disjoint is indicative of the super unintuitive design elements in FGs.

40 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

That's what happens with Abigail. It seems no one wants that man to be good. 

Yeah but he faced that discrimination for less than a game, where he was still better than Gief

Zangief had soccer moms wanting him to be nerfed in SF4, wanted him to stay low in SFV and are waiting to see first SF6 gameplay trailer to say he's OP and must be nerfed 🤣

Your case is weak shit, comrade

zangief.png?w=1089&h=

Edited by CESTUS III

I wonder if Drive Rush will make Gief a nightmare in 6. On paper it seems pretty much custom tailored towards bypassing his weaknesses, so it'll be interesting to see how that turns out. Of course spending all that Drive Meter to get in will leave him vulnerable on defense so one missed SPD and you can probably make up lost life rather quickly and easily.

Also screw Abigail, thank god that stupid piece of shit is gone. Maybe on the highest rank he's bad but the amount of garbage you have to deal with to beat him while you can hear your opponent's brain cells flatlining on the rank I'm at is just infuriating.

6 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Abigail being good is fine. Abigail being good with the advantages of being huge without all the disadvantages is stupid.

While i completely agree with that, must be said we had years and years of waifu crowd that used super quick, super agile, with very fast frames and very small hurtbox, AND even ok power characters cry rivers about 900/950HP health being sexism (because it's lower than balanced-guy-Ryu's 1000), despite the fact these characters having any imaginable tool to play elusive or hit first and that other small males had 900/950 too 🤣

3 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I wonder if Drive Rush will make Gief a nightmare in 6. On paper it seems pretty much custom tailored towards bypassing his weaknesses, so it'll be interesting to see how that turns out. Of course spending all that Drive Meter to get in will leave him vulnerable on defense so one missed SPD and you can probably make up lost life rather quickly and easily.

I like the idea of Gief having these SF6 tools, but my 2cent as complete not-pro scrub

A or B

A- Zangief starts kinda bad -> will get weak non-buffs rest of his life

B- Zangief starts strong -> will get nerfed very hard till he's worse than case A -> will get weak non-buffs rest of his life

Plus he's very likely in start cast (be it 16 or 22 or whatever), they don't even need to make him good for DLC marketing gimmicks lol

12 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Also screw Abigail, thank god that stupid piece of shit is gone.

Generic hate toward Abigail is something i can approve 😆

Give me HUGO as SF6 giant, just much better char

They messed up when it comes to Abigail's visual design. I get it, big body character but there is a point when you say enough is enough.

And it's not like they wanted to keep it faithful to the original because he actually looked more normal in his initial form. Sure, he is still big, but not as ridiculous. 

maxresdefault.jpg69074.jpg

While female Seth proves that Capcom is really unpredictable and anything is possible, i highly doubt Abigail will be playable in a SF game again anytime soon, if at all.

46 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

While i completely agree with that, must be said we had years and years of waifu crowd that used super quick, super agile, with very fast frames and very small hurtbox, AND even ok power characters cry rivers about 900/950HP health being sexism (because it's lower than balanced-guy-Ryu's 1000), despite the fact these characters having any imaginable tool to play elusive or hit first and that other small males had 900/950 too 🤣

My guy do you have something you want to say or someone you want to call out? This is like the 2nd post on the page alone where you’re ranting about the “waifu crowd” out of left field. This paragraph is barely related to what I said lol.

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

Canceled my pre-order.

13 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Man, you sound absolutely retarded every time that you want to conflate "waifu players" with whatever unrelated point to that, that you want to make.

In my memory there's that crowd that made big deal about being below 1000HP ignoring whatever strong point may have justified below average health and were not Ryu players, and not even below1000hp male chars, because if memory does'nt play tricks the argument was Capcom being sexist 😆

Not because had very small hurtbox, could move fast af around and had quick moves, wich made it harder to actually hit, it was sexist capcom

Not saying every female char player is waifu crowd though, only that bunch that had not enough brain to realize as general rule females get lower HP because to be sexy and marketable they're usually designed as small/speedy characters compared to average guy Ryu (wich usually result in lower than average health regardless of gender)

General rule is in SF size of the char -usually- is good indicator of his HP (and bunch of other traits)

Like i can see Marisa getting more HP than Ryu, because they're designing her as a big, heavy powerhouse

She will get likely above average HP, power and hurbox size, below average speed and agility

That's because she's probably first SF female to be designed more massive than average guy Ryu

17 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

My guy do you have something you want to say or someone you want to call out? This is like the 2nd post on the page alone where you’re ranting about the “waifu crowd” out of left field. This paragraph is barely related to what I said lol.

It's simple. If you main women in a fight game you're sus. Real men main chiseled and ripped Greek gods. If anything it's more straight to stare at Raiyu's glistening pecs as you shin shore you can a bitch in the gut. Only sigma males will understand this feel.

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Dumb shit

What is funny is that if we go by statistics, the players that surely complained more where Shoto Players, guile Players, Bison Players, Luke Players, Cody Players, Axel Players, Zanguief Players, just by usage numbers alone.

Like common man, at least try to make some sense.

Edited by Hecatom
36 minutes ago, Skort said:

They messed up when it comes to Abigail's visual design. I get it, big body character but there is a point when you say enough is enough.

And it's not like they wanted to keep it faithful to the original because he actually looked more normal in his initial form. Sure, he is still big, but not as ridiculous. 

Nah, they did it right with Abigail's visuals. Even the Andores were roughly of the same size as the main character in Final Fight, and Hugo was made huge in SFIII because that's how he was designed to be besides the technical limitations of the times, and also to stand out from the rest of the cast.

Abigail being smaller than Hugo would have been pretty stupid. Abigail being too similar to Hugo would have soured some people calling him a head-swap. So they made him more of a hybrid striker-grappler in gameplay with really over-the-top proportions to emphasize that he's supposed to be a goddamn monster towering over even Hugo and the Andores in strength, and I like it. He's ugly as shit of course, but not every character is supposed to be pretty.

Then he ran in the usual problems of balancing a giant character, they're easy to make very weak but if they ever get strong you'll see rivers of salt (including mine at the time). Capcom tried to make him viable for once and he actually became a threat I think in Season 3. As far I know he stayed decent even after the nerfs, but I hear V-Shift killed a lot of the threat of his V-Triggers.