Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

58 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Cestus either trying to say he doesn't like Waifus.

Or he is drunk and just got dumped.

Or he got double perfected by a cute anime girl and he cannot understand how.

44 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

What is funny is that if we go by statistics, the players that surely complained more where Shoto Players, guile Players, Bison Players, Luke Players, Cody Players, Axel Players, Zanguief Players, just by usage numbers alone.

Like common man, at least try to make some sense.

When i encountered him first in the character thread acting like some sort of fashion police or something to others in a SFV character thread he dismisses everyone with female wishlist that they wanted females because of having v@gina.

When I was saying many disliked EL Fuerte because of the gameplay, he tries to counter my point that it why people dislike EL Fuerte because he has no v@g!na. lol

I still could dig that post haha

cestus is a fan of contact sport like UFC, So his verse in that area but in others that he claims, i could easily dismantle that I just ignore the recent because I kinda busy lately.

Edited by Shakunetsu
14 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

When i encountered him first in the character thread acting like a fashion police or something to others in a SFV character thread he dismisses everyone with female wishlist that they wanted females because of having v@gina.

When I was saying many disliked EL Fuerte because of the gameplay, he tries to counter my point that it why people dislike EL Fuerte because he has no v@g!na. lol

I still could dig that post haha

Don't dig the post.

Reading this, if it is true what it probably is, I don't even want to see it.

Sounds like the type of guy who would ragemail you, because you didn't play someone he approves. Yikes

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

My guy do you have something you want to say or someone you want to call out? This is like the 2nd post on the page alone where you’re ranting about the “waifu crowd” out of left field. This paragraph is barely related to what I said lol.

I explained it, just pointed out feels like there was an audience bias lol

Think same thread have people say big slow grapplers should suck no big deal if are low tiers and there was'nt much outrage lol

1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Cestus either trying to say he doesn't like Waifus.

Or he is drunk and just got dumped.

Or he got double perfected by a cute anime girl and he cannot understand how.

I like women and like have female chars in fight games, decent amount of female chars are also a "must" in any good SF cast.

Juri was SF4 best newcomer, and probably best addition of SF4 and SFV combined

1 beer in, still sober. Woman is in other room, relationship going nicely, we just booked holydays to Minorca (still have to book the flight though)

I understand and take fully responsibilty of cute anime girl double perfecting me, i embraced long ago being a not-pro scrub

57 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

What is funny is that if we go by statistics, the players that surely complained more where Shoto Players, guile Players, Bison Players, Luke Players, Cody Players, Axel Players, Zanguief Players, just by usage numbers alone.

Like common man, at least try to make some sense.

I actually agree with that

Bigger usage base usually link to bigger amount of whining, unless the char have privilege of be "lucky" (if we want believe in luck) with nerfs/buffs/patches

I surely seen more Ryu players cry about SFV Ryu being shitty,  because we are so many (and because he was kinda shitty)

Tbh i did'nt care much about it being not high tier because as scrub i have such freedoom, i just hated have no much tools to have fun because apparently they was on a mission to keep Ryu boring because some role in balancement that they wanted to apply to him (wich i think failed too)

I was fine with last season Ryu, was fun to play

57 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

It's simple. If you main women in a fight game you're sus. Real men main chiseled and ripped Greek gods. If anything it's more straight to stare at Raiyu's glistening pecs as you shin shore you can a bitch in the gut. Only sigma males will understand this feel.

spacer.png

I think if you main women (or men, or whatever)  in  a fight game it can be for many different reasons, would not like to automatically link it to something

Surely bunch of female char players  are dat pillow hugging crowd, but i fully believe many just like the char, the moveset , speedy/combo characters, the playstyle, like just use a puppet with big tits and list can go on

For what's worth i found bit pathetic the whole neogaf "hot Ryu" shit that Capcom loved so much, and said it multiple times lol

Edited by CESTUS III
On 6/21/2022 at 3:34 AM, Mr.Cipher said:

Sounds like the type of guy who would ragemail you, because you didn't play someone he approves. Yikes

Then claim what he believes is a "character design rule" because his a character designer, but the argument is more like a wishlist and a personal preference. Acting like a thread authority. very cringe character designer lol.

lol he even misused and misunderstood basic stuff, and hates being pointed out on wrongs then calls me a person who has no idea and just guy with internet connetion unlike him a character designer lol, lol I don't even know him personally. 

He misused stuff he heard from others because he just echo it but don't understand it. haha. THIS IS WHY I CALL CESTUS A PSEUDO INTELLECTUAL, in what he claims to be in character design. I could prove that in his recent comment in a character in this thread if I would spend time, haha

He doesn't even know basic stuff. Most of his arguments to prove a point is finding similarities from other characters in different franchise but that's very surface level and that's not makes his opinion even valid or justified. And that's not how a character designer justify a redesign or request haha.  That's just a fanboy. lol

Edited by Shakunetsu
40 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

When I was saying many disliked EL Fuerte because of the gameplay

What is funny is that people don't have a problem with Ramon from KOF, which heavily inspired El Fuerte gameplay.

Imo, is a combination of SF4 not being a fit for the gameplay archetype, at least according to some people, and that El Fuerte is ultra lame designwise (aesthetics).

He looks like the most generic luchador you can even make, and his name is just meh in spanish, The Strong, yeah, hard pass from me.

I get that his mask is inspired by El Santo and Mistico

El Santo

El-Santo-Hijo-Del-Santo-Mujer-Luchador-L

Mistico
Místico - Wikipedia

But it lacks all the appeal/charisma that said Luchadores have.

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

He looks like the most generic luchador you can even make, and his name is just meh in spanish, The Strong, yeah, hard pass from me.

I get that his mask is inspired by El Santo and Mistico

As I said in the story thread, Fuerte is an serious need of retooling. Make him less of a joke character and change his design to look like a modern luchadore. I want him looking like this

bandido.jpg?ezimgfmt=ng%253Awebp%252Fngc

c4f17-16381514800121-1920.jpg

When I watch AAA ain't nobody looking that generic. 

36 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Surely bunch of female char players  are dat pillow hugging crowd, but i fully believe many just like the char, the moveset , speedy/combo characters, the playstyle, like just use a puppet with big tits and list can go on

There have been body Pillows of Male characters as much as of female ones.

Heck have you seen the ones of Sol? That made me question things.

What the fuck are you smoking dude. You really a character designer?

23 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

As I said in the story thread, Fuerte is an serious need of retooling. Make him less of a joke character and change his design to look like a modern luchadore. I want him looking like this

Is funny you mention that because not even Mistico, one of the supposed inspirations has a weak mask/persona in terms of his design.

Even changing his mask in multiple ocassions

Edited by Hecatom

cestus is not an OG of the storythread he just registered in SRK in 2010, i can prove that by linking archive profiles.

There are TWO remaining true OGs that is a resident of the OG(storythread) Aka warriors of fate thread, that is me and Daemos, I am there in 2005

But NOTICE him in this SF6 thread where he CONSTANTLY remind people in this THREAD that HIM AND DAEMOS are OG

Do I need to remind people in the SFV lounge that I am an OG like DAEMOS when I'm losing argument or prove a point? HAHA 

I know  A LOT OF US are there in SRK before 2010. HAHA

but cestus makes a BIG DEAL about it HAHA

And I have posted some info and obscure material even before twitter in the warriors of fate thread.  I could prove that even by digging post I made even before he was even in SRK and twitter then starts hating people who grabs info from twitter and posted it here recently because he can't keep up. Wait till he makes his twitter account haha.

Cestus even claimed to be against MISINFORMATION but his the SECOND RANK being a EXKERA SHILL in the storythread.

1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

he rants about GOENITZ not getting spotlight compare to NEST bosses being promoted more LOL (this is even recent in megashock), 

he rants SFXT ryu not getting Donkey Kick in SFXT. LOL, that's coming from a Ryu fan that claims to play the game. haha

Edited by Shakunetsu
38 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Official merch btw, but sure, female char users are the only ones about that life.

I find amusing when nerds shun other nerds.

26 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

There have been body Pillows of Male characters as much as of female ones.

Heck have you seen the ones of Sol? That made me question things.

Would have got no doubts even without pics lol, world is such various place

I guess people are free to hug the illustrated pillows they prefer

What the fuck are you smoking dude.

At the moment nothing, maybe later

You really a character designer?

Not sure how related, but not a videogame character designer

I can design a character with that logic but it's not my job

But as illustrator/graphic i understand how character design works (as a SF fan particular well SF/Capcom one), if you want talk about character design you're welcome

Edited by CESTUS III
13 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Oh shiiit 

I find it funny that he constantly remind and comment that in SF thread in megashock like making a big deal out of it, like something of a argument point haha

When a lot of us was in SRK before 2010

And me being the SECOND  OG one that is also in the original storythread wasn't using it as a BADGE among OTHERS even in the many SRK SFV lounge that has past when losing an argument or proving a point. Haha

Like his the SECOND OG like Daemos.

CESTUS BE LIKE IN THIS THREAD: HEY GUYS I WANT YOU TO BE REMINDED THAT I HAVE A BADGE NEXT DAEMOS LOL

Edited by Shakunetsu

Now in 2022, Cestus is not claiming that HIS NOT A CHARACTER DESIGNER when he used to claim to be an authority on it and POWER  among others like a sense of superiority on his personal taste in SFV ANTICIPATION THREAD in SRK 2015-2016 that works in prestigious companies LOL,

because his always caught in the MOUTH

CESTUS IS CLOWN, That echo something he doesn't understand and I could prove that with his recent post from the past week. That is very basic in character design.

Edited by Shakunetsu
7 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Cestus: I hate waifu’s bec…

Shank: 

BBD8F02A-ECC1-4523-BDCA-C2D6DEEE6194.thumb.jpeg.fe04481df1d50bed4b0cf2e0e337c0b7.jpeg

I mean he used that claim to conditioned others not to oppose his comments it twice in this thread when starting an argument

Cestus be like "I'm a OG like Daemos and I'm a character designer so your wrong and so what I like is right"  haha

Edited by Shakunetsu
29 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

But as illustrator/graphic i understand how character design works (as a SF fan particular well SF/Capcom one), if you want talk about character design you're welcome

You do?

Well then, You certainly can tell me a lot about a character you don't know anything of, just by analysing their design.

Start talking

Spoiler

OIP.PDlCOlPh40ERyD6Kb9U8ywHaLF?pid=ImgDe

40 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

5) The Shakunetsu-Cestus War of Honor

that started when I found him acting like a fashion police authority in the character thread then when he to lost my arguments he started to claims to be a character designer that works in prestigious company and i'm just a guy with an internet like why capcom should read my opinion compare to him, LOL

Him without realizing I know what I am saying because I have a background on character design FOR REAL HAHA, and him not realizing I'm an OG. I'm not acting like an authority to gatekeep others like he does

Edited by Shakunetsu
9 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

snip

I could continue more about his funny takes from this thread, I just didn't bother pointing out the others about because I don't want him to be educated on terms.

Here something FUNNY, the cestus the internet sf fashion police authority

On 6/7/2022 at 7:43 AM, CESTUS III said:

On 6/7/2022 at 6:14 AM, Hecatom said:

And this is why I dislike this redesign.

Cammy now blends with a lot of other blonde characters.

Her silhouette is loss on a sea of other many chars that look basically the same.

I'm the first to complain about shit redesigns, but tbh we should not bother much with what is the "default" look as long we get classic shit and we can settle it as our copy default

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

They could used that Luchadore looking guy (Stingray or Scorpion I think) from SlamMasters, he has a nice design. A few tweaks here or there, I think he'd be a welcome addition in SF6

13 minutes ago, Skort said:

I can't speak for older games but in 4 Giefs green hand was pretty bad unless ex who passed through fireballs if I remember.

He sometimes used light to build some meter and that was about it lol.

If they bring it back make it worth while.

As long as we have EX moves, it wouldn't be worthwhile.

They need to justify you burning meter somehow.

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

So am I the only one that heard this when I saw the Lucha Bros?

Edited by Darc_Requiem
9 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

You do?

Well then, You certainly can tell me a lot about a character you don't know anything of, just by analysing their design.

Start talking

OIP.PDlCOlPh40ERyD6Kb9U8ywHaLF?pid=ImgDe

Hide contents

Challenges | LeedsBookClub while getting 2nd beer, end up smoking nothing

By the little i can tell by design alone, and assuming you think his design say a lot

Spoiler

Possibly as period based around our renassaince era, but would say more likely fantasy world that try to be bit "grounded"/historical based for the design of armor/clothes (at least for this specific character) compared to more high fantasy shit

Dude have the face of who seen lot of shit, and big scar on chin hint it more as if was needed. Remind me bit protagonist of The Order 1886 even if completely different time/period/setting

Probably not a knight, would be more inclined to say a mercenary/soldier, but one that made money because steel armor plate (pretty decorated too) is'nt cheap shit, OR he's working for somebody (noble, king etc) that can afford give him it

If made really lot money or made very good services could have raised his social status though. Like my city most famous dynasty was founded by a mercenary after all

The 3 red shits on his armor are wax seals

Spoiler

Tudor Rose Wax Seal Stamp // Classico Royal Seal Brass Stamp | Etsy Italia

usually used by a very important people to declare (usually on letters/messages on paper) their will about something with the seal being some sort of sign, to make people recognize the authority even if the person that's bringing the message hold no power on his own, or anyway not that level of authority

Sticked on the guy like that guess mean somebody important (king/noble etc) is giving this mercenary/soldier powers and authority that normally would not have, the written stripes of beige paper(?) attached by these seals possibly explain what kind of power/authority/mission has been given to our guy

Two of these have written some kind of araldic cross (8 points?) that seem to repeat on forearm decoration too, under the skull

Seals say not only guy work for somebody, but also that must give orders to other men (otherwise his authority would not need to be recognized) rather than be usual solo warrior that slash all shit by himself as lone wolf.

Probably a Captain or something similar

Possibly the black and white stripes are an indication of his unit or army of appartenence, but can't say for sure

If setting is fantasy these seals (since seems to have cross designed on)  may be offer some kind of "holy protection" against evil (as beyond the armor itself), but this is really wild guess as would need to know more about story etc

In this case the wax seals may be more church thing than royal/noble one, or at least have both meaning

Despite dark hair may hint more southern inspiration would link him more to germanic/central europe mercenary imagery (maybe bit of swiss too), in particular the german lanzichenecco (going by google for proper name: Landsknecht) , guy on the left armor share some traits and have also wide bicolor stripe patterns on pants, while at it guy on the right show similar big stache/epic sideburns combo

Did you know? I Lanzichenecchi, reclutati... | Sutori

Another hint toward germanic inspiration for the design is the character is holding some sort of vaguely inspired flamberge sword, wich was a two-hands sword from german world with "wavy" blade (or maybe are bad pixel in the picture lol) and these two short "spikes" near the handle that was indeed used by Landsknecht

Spoiler

Flamberga - Wikipedia

If image play me trick and blade is'nt "wavy", then not a flamberge but some more normal zweinhander sword of similar shape but straight edge (mix of 1 and 3)

Two hander sword - Spadone a due mani

Again if is a fantasy setting they may have took liberty but surely inspiration/design wise they grabbed a lot by german mercenary/Landsknecht imagery

Haircut maybe is bit more eastern inspired, maybe not

Weapon choice tell me he's a foot soldier, because is difficult swing that shit from the back of an horse... a knight on a horse would prefer an one-hand weapon to keep hold reins with the other

Of course if fantasy dude may be super strong and use it one-hand easily, but handle lenght suggest sword it's ideally more designed for two-hands use (even if seem shorter than real life flamberge)

Another hint may be foot soldier is armor does'nt protect much legs, specially below thighs, and horse riding armored warrior would prefer legs protected because would be easy target of enemies that having no horse themselves (so most of warriors/soldiers) would try strike upward from below

Another cheap hint i can guess about him being foot soldier, is Landsknecht being elite foot soldiers (wich is indeed the reason of armor/weapon choice) of the time

Despite the menacing look colors of the armor (light steel with golden touches) in fantasy are usually either used for "good side" or for a kingdom that act as if they're the good side

The skull element is probably not random, heavy spammed all around the char (4 or 5 times as far i can see)

Would not consider him being a sea pirate or something (rolling with the usual gimmick), because his whole design say land foot soldier and his equipment would not fit much fight on a boat in the sea (also if even worse has been used lol)

Then is possible, many designs make little sense, but i work with what i have lol

Assuming it's not pirate bs, and it's not simply a cool symbol dude he wanted give to his own group

The skull have some meaning to him, guess some link to death

The fact lot of these skulls are golden, forearm one remind a medal and chest one have alloro (google say "laurel") around it, symbol of glory/success dude has been possibly successful in the past, wich also fit have shiny shit high price equipment and a king/noble trust his skills enough to slam his seal on him

Depending of what context is the skull is either

his symbol used for scary/badass effect, kinda alike the Arditi troops symbol

Spoiler

I primi Reparti Speciali "Gli Arditi" - SIA Sistema Italiano Autodifesa  Professional

or if more fantasy thing he may have achieved these "medals" against something death related (skeletons/zombies/undead shit) so he's kinda decorated as skeleton/whatever destroyer and shit

Probably the kind of guy to call if skeletons attack and there's no Ash Williams avaible

Spoiler

Moviestore Bruce Campbell come Ashley J. 'Ash' Williams/Evil Ash/Mini-Ash  nell'esercito delle tenebre, 25 x 20 cm : Amazon.it: Casa e cucina

Asymmetrical armor composition offer hint he maybe fight two-hands charging his sword swing backward on his right side, wich would expose his left arm side a bit while he's charging the strike, and that's the reason his left arm is armored and the left one not

Now, this would be big bullshit for a number of reasons, but character design does'nt need (imho) to be super realistic, and when it does end up being terribly boring

Another explanation may be dude trust his men to cover the unarmored side, but tbh this is bit another bs because good luck at swing that shit in tight formation

But again chara design does'nt need necessary to be functional even if some talibans of that kind of shit would say it's a must, so i accept both explanations as possible lol

Or even more simple armor is bit fantasy and fantasy loves asymmetrical shit, because asymmetrical design is usually more interesting to see

Dude is happy with his sideburns and asymmetrical armor and i say let him be

I mean, i love SF and functionality is ever been last of capcom chara design concerns lol

Edited by CESTUS III
5 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

I’m absolutely feening for SF6. I can’t believe we’ll have to wait till Evo to potentially get more info. I’m fucking ready Capcom. FUCK THE CASUALS RELEASE NOW THEY DONT EVEN PLAY ONLINE ONCE THEY BEAT THE ARCADE MODE JUST RELEASE THE SHIT EARLY FUCK EM I NEED A BETA FUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

I think I’m gonna reinstall SFV this weekend. 

CEO is this weekend, maybe we'll get something there. It's hard to really know what Capcom meant by going dark for a while.

6 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

What the fuck are you smoking dude. You really a character designer?

6 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Not sure how related, but not a videogame character designer

I can design a character with that logic but it's not my job

I'm quoting this for reference if ever someone change and starts to claims something different again haha

Chun-Li combos and tidbits that I noticed.

Chun vs Ryu

1:11: cr.lp (CH), cr.lk, LK SBK
1:25: Drive Impact Will cause crumple when Punish Countered. Ryu crumpled after a DP Drive Impact punish, so essentially, DP Crush Counters are back
1:46: Drive Impact wall splat will not deal dmg. But Drive Imacting a Wall Splat will end combo
2:26: cr.lk, cr.lp, st.lp, LK/MK Legs
2:30: 3rd stomp will send opponent back to the ground, so no 3x stomps > EX Legs anymore 

Chun-Li vs Ryu 2

3:12: air-to-air: stomp, stomp, OD Legs

3:18: Drive Impact (PC), stance HK, Stomp, Stomp, OD Legs

3:28: stomp, stomp, LK/MK Air Legs

3:58: Again, 3rd stomp will send opponent back to the ground

4:10: cr.mk (CH), LK SBK

4:13: bk.hp (PC), stance HK, jump, stomp, stomp, OD Air Legs

5:07: Stance MP has LOOOOOONG range and causes knockback. Possibly one of Chun's go-to anti-zoner/fireball tools?

Chun-Li vs Ryu 3

5:51: j.mk, cr.lp, cr.lp, LK Legs
6:11: cr.lp (PC), cr.mk. (couldn't finish combo but possible confirm into Legs or SBK

Edited by Chun-Li_Forever