Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

41 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I gamed like hell on this. Alpha Anthology, KOF, DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi, Super DBZ, Resident Evil, Mega Man X, Final Fantasy, Dynasty Warriors, and so many others. 

Coincidentally, I just saw Retro-bit are gonna release this in October.

unknown.png

Seems officially made with Sega, and $20. I'm kinda tempted, if they wind up available over here - original was great. Would be good to mess around on older games and emulators.
Edit: Wait, seems they already do one more in line with the original one.  I'll just get that.

Edited by JustBooming
3 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Modes Confirmed + Some (ENG) Move Lists of the 4 playable characters

Looks like Story Mode is tied to Arcade mode, so instead of one giant cinematic, I think we'll get a classic arcade mode sprinkled with cutscenes. Probably a little bit more narratively driven than previous SF Arcade modes with just a Prologue, Cutscene, and Ending

•  

Yeah sounds like SF6 story will be told through multiple perspectives like a puzzle

Wonder if that will be the whole alternative to SFV ASF, or if SF cast role in open world mode will add some pieces too

Or maybe they will just do cameos in created character adventure

Wonder what they mean with "party-style mode"

Btw Extreme Battle sounds a lot like SFV "extra battle" by the description

37 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Wonder if that will be the whole alternative to SFV ASF, or if SF cast role in open world mode will add some pieces too

Or maybe they will just do cameos in created character adventure

I think the SF6 cast just might be cameos to featured characters in World Tour. I get the feeling Luke will be the Player's main teacher/guide in world tour. And probably each fighter will teach the player something new or maybe open up a small bit of their story to them. But since the focus is on the player, the SF6 cast probably won't be as heavily involved in World Tour mode and its ongoing "plot"

40 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Wonder what they mean with "party-style mode"

Btw Extreme Battle sounds a lot like SFV "extra battle" by the description

I'm thinking along the lines of Mortal Kombat where a bunch of random stuff happens, like droppable items that restore health or temporary invincibility. Or maybe some party mini games, like who can destroy the Car the fastest, of who can parry the most basketballs, or some other goodies outside of fighting games like a quiz, or revamped puzzle fighter?

Also some more HiFight observations about Drive Rush

4 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Looks like Story Mode is tied to Arcade mode, so instead of one giant cinematic, I think we'll get a classic arcade mode sprinkled with cutscenes. Probably a little bit more narratively driven than previous SF Arcade modes with just a Prologue, Cutscene, and Ending

I don't mind that...

As long as we don't get blatantly non-canon *garbage* like most of SFV's Arcade mode was.

I'm still salty about that.

I wouldn't mind a cinematic story on RE Engine tbh, but after A Shadow Falls, I honestly have 0 hope for SF story modes in general. 🤢

Finally got around to watching various gameplay videos for 6 from several channels, decided to put together some thoughts on the game thus far

- First things first: NO MORE EXCESSIVE SCREEN SHAKE. This was very distracting in V, so it's great that now the shaking only seems to come from Drive Impact and stuff like Luke's projectile

- General speed is still a concern. Maybe it's just a placebo effect, getting used to a new game with how vastly different it looks, but some of the things just feel like they should be faster

- Fireballs from Luke and Chun look MAD FAST. Like bullet speed fast. This means that perhaps despite a universal parry and DI having armor, zoning may still be a viable playstyle, especially with varied projectile travel on L/M/H versions. I want to see some Akuma stuff because he has the potential to be a fucking menace in this game

- I generally like the idea behind the Drive Gauge but it kinda feels like too many things are tied to it currently? It almost comes across as Capcom doing their own version of the Tension gauge, as both have multiple important mechanics dependent on them directly, and instead the Super gauge feels lonely. Sure, there's 3 levels of SAs in 6, but maybe you should be given the choice to spend half a bar on EX moves and if no SA gauge is available then you expel the Drive gauge instead? Or vice versa? I dunno

- No visible stun gauge since it seems the only way to stun somebody is to have them waste the Drive Gauge fully on blocking, so 6 also technically has a guard break mechanic, meaning the DG also serves as a Guard gauge. Thought that was rather interesting

- I definitely like the risk/reward aspect of using too much Drive and causing yourself to enter the Burnout state. I do have a concern that with how Impact seems rather strong (armor, far reach, crumple on hit, pushback on block, wall bounce in the corner) then the game will revolve around this one specific move as it also takes a large chunk off the Drive gauge if blocked, so putting people into pressure already feels like the meta of 6. Of course it's balanced by a long startup, that it can be baited out, cannot be backdashed out of, or can be parried, but still a concern

- I don't quite dig the fact that Drive is regenerating faster when you're on the offensive. To me this just promotes a rushdown style gameplan since you're rewarded with Drive while also spending Drive. Granted, if you use TOO much Drive as I mentioned you may accidentally put yourself into burnout, but it doesn't feel that the existing defensive mechanics offset the attacker's aggression, since both Parries and Reversal, you guessed it, expel Drive on use. IMO that presents the danger of the defender also being put at risk of burnout due to draining the gauge from blocking and/or reversaling.

- The Burnout state enabling chip kills is actually wonderful. I know many people like/miss proper chip kills, but I never liked the fact how if you're at low hp, knocked down, and the opponent just shoots a fireball or waits for you to get up and immediately DP - you have no way of getting out of that situation save for a hail mary Ultra/Super. But then V decided to go the extreme and you can't chip out anyone without wasting your own Super gauge, so 6 is a good middleground IMO

- What I don't currently like about Burnout is that once its bar regenerates to full - you're immediately put at 100% Drive gauge, meaning you either sit the BO out avoiding stuff like enemy projectiles or use some cheap moves of your own since being offensive regenerates you back faster. Maybe it's better if once out of Burnout then your Drive gauge is set to 50%? 

- Currently there is WAY too much slowdown taking place. Landing a Drive Reversal, landing a Drive Impact (which also changes the camera angle), the clash if two Impacts are used, the Perfect parry (while the character drops some one-liner), and of course the Critical Arts being too damn long. All of this hurts the pacing of the match, which is weird because the Round start and finish transitions are *insanely* fast, much faster than any other game in the series (or most fighting games for that matter). xTekken also had this issue with the autocombo and the throws before both were accelerated/changed in ver2013, so Capcom has a history of going back on such design decisions. I hope 6 does too since we're at least 7 months away from launch

- The presentation currently is incredible after how fucking bland and direction-less V was. But there's one issue I have. No, two actually. One is the character select feels rather boring with just the character models to the sides and the char icons in the middle. The second is the VS screen. Why waste the effort on characters walking through the stage while that "HEY HEY" song plays in the background and instead not just zoom in on the faces since they walk up to each other after both players made the pick? I'm not sure the sequence can be skipped either meaning it'll get old real fast

Other minor nitpicks:

- Char select theme is ass

- Ryu's jump and jMK animations are horrible

- Throws and hit sounds don't feel impactful at all, especially throws. There should be more of an oomph when a character is slammed into the ground

- Luke still has his garbage animations from V, very disappointing to see. In general I always though that SFV's animation quality went down and down after Season 1, though there were glimpses of brilliance such as Menat and Oro. Way too much jank otherwise

- Ryu's fHP and fMP also don't feel all that hard hitting. And I still feel that 3S had the best Ryu overhead animation by far, it felt just right. At least the donkey kick got improved

- The in-battle UI is a little weird. They have this obvious P1 vs P2 theme going on with each player having a designated color (same as V), but when you're at low health - the HP bars for both turn yellow/golden, which is same as the amount of chip you receive while in burnout. And I don't like the character portraits either, Chun's for example just shows her eyes. At least include a full head shot like V did

- The round start is kinda wack at the moment. The change from regular colors to this greyscale effect for like a couple of frames combined with the stock "picture taken" sound effect.... yeah this gotta change

- Chun's lower body half looks completely off. It's like she has no hips, her thighs seem ridiculously bulky, and despite that her ankles are as thin as a matchstick

Oh yeah, forgot one more - please add back the special into super cancels. Currently the only way to cash out big damage is to wait until you have CA instead of SA, and then you can do something like SPS -> Hadoken -> Denjin Shoryu, but not SPS -> Hadoken -> Shinku Hado. 

Edited by PVL_93_RU

Been watching the latest videos that feature SF 6 gameplay and without a doubt random  Drive Impact will be the "season 1 special".  Even on those developer matches they were mashing that thing through attacks and it caught them offguard often.

I still kinda feel that the real plays though are gonna be made with  the drive parry on reaction when knowing the gaps between  opponent's attacks, saw this being used a few times in the videos and you can react to a bunch of stuff. While the swag / optimal combos remains to be seen if they are gonna be by using Drive for EX moves or Drive meter for those rush cancels. 

Bunch of new stuff , bunch of old ideas revisited , still i wanna play this game. Q1 2023 pls and 22 roster , ty.

6 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Modes Confirmed + Some (ENG) Move Lists of the 4 playable characters

I just hope more single player mode and more interesting multiple player modes. I'm okay for no major story mode if they compensate with more interesting playable mode

3 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I'm okay for no major story mode if they compensate with more interesting playable mode

Tbh i agree with this. 

Not every entry needs to have this story mode about a big threat to the world bla bla. I would be ok with some character stories here and there where we explore and find out more about the character themselves. Not try and squeeze all characters into one single plot when it clearly  does not make sense and it ends up with ridiculous scenarios.

I did say that i want Poison to return in SF 6 and to be fair i think she has a pretty good chance as well. 

However, i wonder if it's time for Roxy to be made a playable character. Not as popular as Poison but i would not mind her. I wonder how they can make her different from Poison when it comes to gameplay though, but then again Poison pretty much completely changed from her SF 4 version to SF 5. I would be ok with either ,good visual design and she fits pretty well with the overall theme that SF 6 has going for it.

Yes, i am slowly trying to build my "alt army" .

girl-1.jpggirl-2.jpggirl-4.jpg

Edited by Skort
46 minutes ago, Skort said:

However, i wonder if it's time for Roxy to be made a playable character. Not as popular as Poison but i would not mind her. I wonder how they can make her different from Poison when it comes to gameplay though, but then again Poison pretty much completely changed from her SF 4 version to SF 5. I would be ok with either ,good visual design and she fits pretty well with the overall theme that SF 6 has going for it.

I always wanted a two-in-one puppet character/pair character like Chang and Choi in CVS2, I wanted Poison and Hugo be that in SF6.

Or Necro and Effie in SF6 to be like that

47 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I wanted Poison and Hugo be that in SF6

I'm not against the idea of a character/s like this but unsure  if Poison and Hugo would be the good choice,even if they are known to work together and are a team.

Both of them have been playable in the past and established themselves as solo fighters. It would be very difficult to make a character out of the two i think. Poison is a zoner  ( even though she can pressure you for days in SFV, ex heart raid says hello )  while Hugo is a grappler. 

How does one combine these two styles while also keeping faithful to the originals ? I think it would just piss off the Poison and Hugo fans. If they are gonna attempt something like this best make a entirely new character or bring a character/s  that was not playable in the past but already known in the franchise, like Zeku was.

PS : gotta admit it would be funny if both Hugo and Poison would be on the screen with Poison standing on Hugo's shoulder and one of Hugo's pokes would be Poison throwing out the whip. 

felix-w-.jpg?1627474611Screenshot-2022-06-22-160226.jpg

Edited by Skort
23 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

My biggest issue with Mika in SFV. Is the constant help from Nadeshiko

A bit of nitpicking though isn't it ?

I mean, most of these fighters are seasoned warriors or at least should be , yet they trip on banana peals from Birdie, have to block a soda can, spawn packages out of their ass ( Cammy got skills ) and the list goes on.

Nadeshiko drop kicking to assist Mika isn't really that big of an issue. Isn't she a wrestler ? Tag team battles and assists happen all the time. If anything , Capcom tried to show Mika's fighting style by incorporating  elements from wrestling into gameplay mechanics.

Edited by Skort
38 minutes ago, Skort said:

Nadeshiko drop kicking to assist Mika isn't really that big of an issue. Isn't she a wrestler ? Tag team battles and assists happen all the time. If anything , Capcom tried to show Mika's fighting style by incorporating  elements from wrestling into gameplay mechanics.

My only problem with it is that during A Shadow Falls story Nadeshiko was completely invisible and not existent, while they could have done her to follow Mika just like Azam never leave Rashid side

Not even in Mika SFV specific character story Nadeshiko exist or is ever mentioned lol

Bizzarre af shit lol

About Hugo teaming up with Poison i would have not much problem with it if was like Mika/Nadeshiko, with Hugo doing most of the fighting using giant size and retard strenght while Poison could work as assist saving his ass from tricky situations with smart interventions using weapons and dirty tactics

Would work as muscle and brain combo split in 2 lol

Lore wise could be a very cool team, specially considering would be reasonable for them to be used to fight as a team, considering FF Mad Gear past and the fact they trained pro-wrestling together in SF4/SF3

But tbh that felt something closer to SFV kind of V-shit philosophy, not sure if it would work well in 6

Edited by CESTUS III
43 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Not to me.  1v1 fighting games should be 1v1. I don't think that's a big ask.

I'm not gonna lie this seems autistic to me. Don't get me wrong. I don't want a 2 in 1 character in SF but having assist specials isn't 2 in 1. 

Who's gonna be running sets in Hyper Fighting when the collection drops. I need to know what lobbies to jump into!

1 hour ago, Skort said:

A bit of nitpicking though isn't it ?

I mean, most of these fighters are seasoned warriors or at least should be , yet they trip on banana peals from Birdie, have to block a soda can, spawn packages out of their ass ( Cammy got skills ) and the list goes on.

Agree, the story issue is not really the hurdle here or the biggest issue, because it depends on how they write it in the cinematic story. If they wrote it with Nadeshiko included in the casting from the ground up we know it's not really a problem. 

Like in SF3 Poison is always part of the story of Hugo same as Necro story that always include Effie. That's the problem with Mika it's not a game design issue. It's simply a problem that can easily be solve by writing which is effectively done with Hugo and Necro in SF3.

While among the others it's simply about personal preference of how a Street Fighter Game should be.