Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

My biggest issue with Mika in SFV. Is the constant help from Nadeshiko.  2 in 1 characters diminish both characters. Even Dan fights people one on one. A Shadow Falls had it's issues but it showed how silly Mika having help for her V-System is. She tanked a clean power punch to the head from Boxer/Balrog.

The opposite was the issue for me. I didn't like how Nadeshiko plays no part of Mika's story. She's a central gameplay mechanic for Mika and should have been used in her story. Being ignored like that left a sour taste.

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The opposite was the issue for me. I didn't like how Nadeshiko plays no part of Mika's story. She's a central gameplay mechanic for Mika and should have been used in her story. Being ignored like that left a sour taste.

Maybe she's Mika's childhood imaginary friend and she manifests Nadeshiko with her ki. Yamato Nadeshiko is the Japanese term for the personification of the ideal Japanese woman. Nadeshiko is the personification of Mika's ideal tag team partner. Maybe was there the whole time but only Mika could see her 🙃

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

My biggest issue with Mika in SFV. Is the constant help from Nadeshiko.  2 in 1 characters diminish both characters. Even Dan fights people one on one. A Shadow Falls had it's issues but it showed how silly Mika having help for her V-System is. She tanked a clean power punch to the head from Boxer/Balrog.

To me wasn't really an issue since it was playing on the wrestling angle for me, after all, the canon power levels of chars are not really represented on the fighting game side of the game.

Otherwise, Dan, Mika, Birdie and other chars wouldn't have a lick of chance of beating Akuma for example.

If anything for me it served to show that for Mika, every fight even if is out of the ring is also a show for her fans where she never breaks kayfabe.

As I see it, in game animations (not story ones) serve to show the personalities of the characters.

How they behave in their world, etc.

So Mika being a 2 in 1 combo is more about her and her wrestling persona rather than how strong she is.

Edited by Hecatom
9 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Anyone here getting the Capcom Collection and/or DNF Duel? 

I am getting both, on the sony family consoles.

I am even double dipping with DnF with a Ps5 and Ps4 version, 1 for me and 1 for my brother.

And there is a chance I will triple dip to buy it with some friends for a communal account we have so we can have more people playing it in my circle of regulars.

Edited by Hecatom
6 hours ago, Skort said:

How does one combine these two styles while also keeping faithful to the originals ?

Simple, by making them like Hideyoshi and Hanbei on Sengoku Basara X, the game from Capcom made by ASW.

Hideyoshi is a grappler, Hanbei is a pseuso zoner who uses a whipe sword.

In that game both chars are playable, with one being the assist of the other.

So in the case of Hideyoshi, he get Hanbei helping with his whip sword as a means to zone/bring his opponent close to him.

And Hanbei gets Hideyoshi as an assists that tanks hits and uses his grab moves to pin down his opponents for him.

27 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

To me wasn't really an issue since it was playing on the wrestling angle for me, after all, the canon power levels of chars are not really represented on the fighting game side of the game.

Otherwise, Dan, Mika, Birdie and other chars wouldn't have a lick of chance of beating Akuma for example.

If anything for me it served to show that for Mika, every fight even if is out of the ring is also a show for her fans where she never breaks kayfabe.

As I see it, in game animations (not story ones) serve to show the personalities of the characters.

How they behave in their world, etc.

So Mika being a 2 in 1 combo is more about her and her wrestling persona rather than how strong she is.

"Canon" power levels have nothing to do with it. 2 v 1 means one character is essentially jumping the other. Makes them look weak. And makes zero sense for a character that is a "baby face" wrestler. If she were a Rick Flair style heel it would be one thing. I still wouldn't like it but it would fit the character. If Yasha Nadeshiko were a playable character and her tag partner randomly helped out, it would make sense because Yasha Nadeshiko is a heel. This not to be confused with Yamato Nadeshiko the "baby face" version of the same character.

35 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

"Canon" power levels have nothing to do with it. 2 v 1 means one character is essentially jumping the other. Makes them look weak. And makes zero sense for a character that is a "baby face" wrestler. If she were a Rick Flair style heel it would be one thing. I still wouldn't like it but it would fit the character. If Yasha Nadeshiko were a playable character and her tag partner randomly helped out, it would make sense because Yasha Nadeshiko is a heel. This not to be confused with Yamato Nadeshiko the "baby face" version of the same character.

While I get where you are coming from, I disagree.

Because going by that train of thought it means that we are limiting what we can represent on the game in terms of gameplay for the sake of something that can be seen as an arbitrary limitation of what we can have as what a character can do or use for his/her toolkit.

Like others said, the same can be said if a character use weapons or literal tools (like traps), poison, etc.

I feel that you are putting too much focus and too much importance on something that is just meant to be a fun take on Mika's wrestling characterization and show her personality and her wrestling persona in game.

Also, Face wrestlers also have partners helping them on the ring.

And like I said, for me it seems that capcom was just trying to showcase Mika's fights as just an extension of her and Nadeshiko wrestling synergy.

I've been checking out competitive play lately, since I haven't really followed much since Covid killed all tournaments in 2020 and 2021 and online tournaments just aren't the same thing.

I just found out that Falke won a tournament last month.

Against a Bison.

Against Problem X's Bison.

Dude, I need to get back to playing because these buffs seem something else.

I was thinking of doing a rookie to diamond run with  either Falke, Karin or Kolin. Falke is a solid choice she got a lot of good buffs and i enjoyed playing her when i was messing around with the character on my Laura account.

But i still think i'll go for Kolin. I just find her counter extremely satisfying ( used to parry a lot of things with Gouken in SF 4 lol ) 

And ngl, i like Kolin and I still think she would be a solid choice for SF 6.

0e832725d7e4464ac264d978f8cb1a91.jpg

Edited by Skort
45 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

It's gonna be the most glorious of days when Kolin returns. She's gonna look like a fucking goddess in the RE engine. Since they went for a street look I hope her secretary look is her default or they do a sporty version of her story outfit. I'm drooling with anticipation.

Game isn't even out yet and you already planning on setting Cammy's shit out on the front lawn. @Doctrine_Darkget the Mario ready fam.

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES said:

It's gonna be the most glorious of days when Kolin returns. She's gonna look like a fucking goddess in the RE engine. Since they went for a street look I hope her secretary look is her default or they do a sporty version of her story outfit. I'm drooling with anticipation.

Already begging for Kolin when there are new blonds to simp for. Smh

Is really brazilian dislike blanka for representing them in SF2?

I have came across of a lot of brazilians friend that are into FGs and they seems to be okay with Blanka some even used them to represent there FG websites, I always thought majority of the Brazilian FG community likes Blanka.

The few times I accidentally open up twitter I somehow always manage to land on a comment asking a publisher/developer to add DLC to a 2-week-old game or something across these lines.

Hence why I always say: no matter how disgustingly greedy a monetisation scheme might look to someone with a brain, you know there are people buying into it and proving the publisher right.

8 hours ago, Skort said:

And ngl, i like Kolin and I still think she would be a solid choice for SF 6.

Would like Kolin too, but everything depend on Gill being involved or not in story (and if yes when, may be late addition)

On positive side you don't need Gill to be actually playable to have her in the cast, as long he is added to the story even as NPC, you can have her already playable doing missions for him

One side note, i seen in new concept works they fixed the bullshit of "unknown" nationality and gave them a flag (not sure if ingame we will ever see it though), and back to SFV putting clues together Kolin was hinted to be ukranian (a patriotic soldier while at it), wonder if will be a problem to dodge any controversy... in theory should not, we already have 2 russians in the vanilla cast, one of wich is total new

Guess they could chose to change her nationality if they're afraid of it for whatever reason (Rashid was hinted to be UAE, but he got Saudi flag in SF6 art), even if i would prefer they just stick with Ukraine original hint

8 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

In theory her SFV standard costume was the one  she used during SFV main story events, and at the end we see her become like we know her in SF3

Kolin Street Fighter V GIF - Kolin Street Fighter V Helen - Discover &  Share GIFs

So guess after-SFV the secretary look may be the default indeed, even if may get redesign close to that style as everybody got redesign

Btw i hope we get as alt her basic SFV design, imho was best she got

9 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I’d bet an entire paycheck Nash never sees the light of day in this game 

6 minutes ago, Skort said:

They did Nash kinda dirty in the story of SFV. 

Imagine bringing the character back after so long , only to turn him into a zombie on a timer ( the illuminati crystal on his forehead ) and then killing him off at the end to destroy Bison that will probably be season  2 DLC in SF 6. 

Capcom....

Nash should return as something better and okay again not a Frankenstein monster 

Despite being a Ryu fan, I joined the capcom costume contest with NASH

But it's my vision of him trying to be restored by Shadaloo and turned to one of their Agents,

but kinda homage to Shadow and inspired by the Kamen Rider Series. 

A Shadaloo Agent turned ROGUE. Just like Kamen Rider 1, KR 2 and Kamen Rider Black

12 minutes ago, Skort said:

They did Nash kinda dirty in the story of SFV. 

Imagine bringing the character back after so long , only to turn him into a zombie on a timer ( the illuminati crystal on his forehead ) and then killing him off at the end to destroy Bison that will probably be season  2 DLC in SF 6. 

Capcom....

Damn, Nash really did Chiaotzu himself so Bison could be DLC instead of base roster in SFVI after being killed off twice in the Alpha games.

My man is up there with Gen when it comes to times he died, and Gen is like 120 years old with leukemia and he keeps getting into fights with Akuma.

Yeah, I know Akuma has actually a pretty bad reputation when it comes to actually killing people for real, but you know what I mean.

@SkortIf Capcom would reveal a Cyborg like Tokusatsu Nash or a new Tokusatsu like characters, you'll know who they get the idea from.

It's should originally supposed to be Zeku because of the transformation and switch mechanic combined with his RED SCARF, But I decided to abandoned the idea because a Japanese artist already submitted that kind of entry and I don't want to have something similar.

it's kinda Cyberpunk inspired mix with Kamen Rider mix with Metal Heroes Villain and Sentai Villains. The logo, badges, emblems and icons on my concept is kinda rampant.

It's kinda like what SFV Luke has but his is more of a tattoo instead of logo, badges, emblems and icons. That even if you rotate them they are still symbolic. The idea of being rotated is kinda prevalent with the SF6 Logos and Icons in the UI, even in Jaime's costume. 

Also, daily reminder that Akuma used his strongest technique, the Raging Demon, to kill Gen, Gouken and Bison*, only for each of them to punctually come back later on, while F.A.N.G appeared in one game, debuted killing off Rashid's friend by literally melting her, then survived getting thrown into a hot furnace, then survived again as Shadaloo base exploded to come back in a short story set after SFV main story, got a snazzy new move where he just flies, refused to elaborate, and then he got a hot Chinese apprentice who follows his own fighting style.

Do you know who's Akuma's hot young apprentice? That's right, he got none, 'cuz he's a fucking loser.

F.A.N.G gets the kills, F.A.N.G gets the cash and F.A.N.G gets the adoring hoes, all Akuma gets is a sunflower-looking neckbeard and "muh path of the demon!!!".

So, in conclusion, you can see how it can be factually demonstrated that Akuma is a virgin while F.A.N.G is a chad.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Spoiler

Alright, pretty sure that Akuma killing Bison with the Raging Demon isn't actually canon, but never let facts stand in the way of a joke.