Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

4 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I still never completed that shyt and I probably never will.

I had when I was still TOing.

They can miss me with all that. At least DNF is fun to play and you can erase people. Trying to finish that story mode with suboptimal combos and all the other stuff that went along with the first two days of the game. God damn it took forever.

44 minutes ago, Skort said:

They did Nash kinda dirty in the story of SFV. 

Imagine bringing the character back after so long , only to turn him into a zombie on a timer ( the illuminati crystal on his forehead ) and then killing him off at the end to destroy Bison that will probably be season  2 DLC in SF 6. 

Capcom....

They can recharge the crystal (Kolin does it after Urien fuck him up iirc), Nash had limited amount of time because he was dead and Illuminati did'nt have tech for a true resurrection, apparently they can just revive the corpse for short period

Wich was no problem for them because from their perspective, they sent Nash to a kamikaze mission

The crystal itself was about keep him "alive" and as extra storage of ki (wich is why SFV Nash can do lot of shit that original Nash could not)

Guess if they really want make Nash return, Capcom can ever pick this route, 

WnH | Moogy 💫 on Twitter: "OMG I completely forgot about Urien's story but  Eleven as the last 5th DLC character would actually make sense Another  Twelve? And that Season 5 miss

after all Illuminati already collected data on him to rebuild his missing body parts

10 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

He did use it on Gen in the Alpha series. He entered a state of nothingness and no sold the attack.

Narratively or the pre-fight intro. I know they had the intro where Akuma uses SGS, Gen blocks it. Gen hit Akuma with super and he blocks it. Then the round begins. My recollection could be off, but I remember Akuma refusing to kill Gen when he realized he was sick and Gen being pissed by it.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Nothing to do with lazy. Story modes in anime games are now long AF.  The DBF one was a long boring grind to get somebody or other. That shit was terrible to do.

Iirc, you needed that shit and or/arcade mode for 21 and the Blue Saiyans.

But honestly? Way to cherry pick the absolute worst example when you have other story unlocks in say, GG which is literally a movie that plays itself without any need of an input. :coffee:

Even if you hit the middle ground, which would be something like Blazblue, it has a rather large story, but you can easily skip through the dialogue and make it about as short as a couple of regular arcade modes.

In all of those cases, you could also pay for the unlocks, which were cheaper than standard DLC characters.

If you want a thoroughly fukked up example though, look no further than vanilla SF4 and Smash. Especially not Brawl. At least you could unlock all characters in GOATspace Emissary. Ultimate tho? Get fucked with no spit. 🤣

1 hour ago, Skort said:

They did Nash kinda dirty in the story of SFV. 

Imagine bringing the character back after so long , only to turn him into a zombie on a timer ( the illuminati crystal on his forehead ) and then killing him off at the end to destroy Bison that will probably be season  2 DLC in SF 6. 

Capcom....

Kinda?

He pretty much had no interactions with Guile and Abel, and straight up got Chiaotzu'd. Didn't even really damage Bison.

Man got brought back to turn into a literal zombie after Season 1. People couldn't even really enjoy the character with how bad he got gutted. 🤣

1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Yeah, I know Akuma has actually a pretty bad reputation when it comes to actually killing people for real, but you know what I mean.

Mandatory.

Akuma_killing_fail_die_one_thousand_deat

21 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

IIRC Akuma never used the Shun Goku Satsu on Gen.

I think all started from this intro (timestamped)

where Akuma try it and seem Gen is indeed able to block it

Can see it happening tbh, after all both were ok try kill each others, and neither succeeded

End up Akuma was'nt winning the fight, he just realized Gen was terminal ill and understood he would have probably won, but thanks to an external factor so he called it over and left

Not sure if actually canon happened, but if Capcom made it as legit intro they're somehow hinting Gen could have done it i guess

55 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

He did kill Gen in SFV though.

Pretty sure

Wonder if they would use this as way to recycle SFV dropped concept of Gen's Disciple that want to fight Akuma

Gen's disciple was considered for Street Fighter 5, other rejected character ideas 6 out of 8 image gallery

Guess Jamie can still cover modified version of that role, we don't know shit about him after all and we already seen happy guy may be a farce, as pass from funny kicks to rip your throat as soon he have low health 😁

23 minutes ago, Volt said:

But honestly? Way to cherry pick the absolute worst example when you have other story unlocks in say, GG which is literally a movie that plays itself without any need of an input.

Yeah, spend 4 hours watching a movie with questionable animation and don't spend time....let me check my notes...oh playing. Playing the game you bought.

24 minutes ago, Volt said:

Even if you hit the middle ground, which would be something like Blazblue, it has a rather large story, but you can easily skip through the dialogue and make it about as short as a couple of regular arcade modes.

In all of those cases, you could also pay for the unlocks, which were cheaper than standard DLC characters.

Yeah all of that is still a waste of time.

Spending time unlocking play assets, not customes or colors, is a waste of time to players. Hell unlocking colors is a waste of time too. All these games should come with color edit modes. Have like 6-8 preprogrammed colors and then they can just let players do w/e. Make it impossible to have charactrs all be the same color and call it a day.

Having to go through shitty SF5 survival mode for colors was dumb AF.

30 minutes ago, Volt said:

But honestly? Way to cherry pick the absolute worst example when you have other story unlocks in say, GG which is literally a movie that plays itself without any need of an input.

I honestly prefer the movie approach GG has taken. One of the worst things that fighting game story does is come up with contrived scenarios to make characters fight to justify having gameplay. That's how we get trash like Abigail's character story and Alex thinking that a floating old man is a mugger.

26 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Yeah, spend 4 hours watching a movie with questionable animation and don't spend time....let me check my notes...oh playing. Playing the game you bought.

Check your notes again to remember who you're talking to. 🤣

Also, don't act like you didn't enjoy that shit.

Matter of fact...

Did the Strive story extension ever come out? Been waiting on that for a minute.

7 minutes ago, Volt said:

Also, don't act like you didn't enjoy that shit.

Matter of fact...

Did the Strive story extension ever come out? Been waiting on that for a minute.

Yeah it came out a little while ago. It's not near as long as the base story. 

55 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

From a narrative standpoint, one of the primary reasons that Akuma starts developing his own killing techniques is to check mate fighters that can defend against SGS.

Yeah, very rare case of Capcom do something right about Akuma lol

Possible also used that stuff on Gen (we don't see the fight), wich can explain why Gen talks like Akuma did big power up

Edited by CESTUS III
11 minutes ago, Volt said:

It's a shitty dumbfucky take that only people who don't play much have. 

Everybody has their pet game modes and that's fine. I gotta go do random stuff just to be able to try characters and lab them?

That's just trash.

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah it came out a little while ago. It's not near as long as the base story. 

Cena_IN.gif

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

It's a shitty dumbfucky take that only people who don't play much have. 

Not at all. It's pretty similar to Fight Money if you think about it. You can pay for that character or you can get it for free with in-game content.

You're looking at it as a TO, and they're shelling out the extra 3 bucks so they don't deal with the hassle. What's exactly the problem here?

43 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Abigail's story made sense. Also a white guy in NY wanting to throw hands with a shady minority is the most plausible story ever created in the SF Universe.

That's an interesting thought.

Most people thought Alex was kinda stupid for mistaking a floating yogi for a mugger, but maybe it's not because he's stupid.

Maybe Alex is just racist toward brown people.

5 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

No Guile? I guess they're just using the same demo build then. I feel like if they were working on any major system overhauls they wouldn't bring out the same demo build to the public again a month later. This game's gotta be closer than a full year away.

2 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

No Guile? I guess they're just using the same demo build then. I feel like if they were working on any major system overhauls they wouldn't bring out the same demo build to the public again a month later. This game's gotta be closer than a full year away.

Historically, with one exception (SFA)  IIRC, mainline Street Fighter games launch in February. SF2, February 1991,  SF3 February 1997, SFIV February 2009, SFV February 2016. 

Alright so if we assume a Feb 2023 launch, that gives us about 8 months to "reveal" 22 characters. Even if we play it safe and consider 6 of those season 1 DLC for a 16 character base roster (same as the last game) that would mean 2 character reveals per month til release.

Still pointless speculation. Still fun to do anyway.

9 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Alright so if we assume a Feb 2023 launch, that gives us about 8 months to "reveal" 22 characters. Even if we play it safe and consider 6 of those season 1 DLC for a 16 character base roster (same as the last game) that would mean 2 character reveals per month til release.

Still pointless speculation. Still fun to do anyway.

Don't forget they are unpredictable.  

If i remember, in SFV they showed both Cammy and Birdie in the same trailer. Teasing / showing characters every few months would be the smart thing to do since it generates hype and keeps people talking about the game but it's not like "they will run out of time to show characters", if anything they can very well drop 3 reveals in single month if they chose to.

After looking at some of the recent SF6 footage I'm 99% convinced that the leaked roster is the base roster + Season 1 DLC. I can't for the life of me imagine Capcom putting 22 characters on the disc they ship with that amount of work that goes into each and every one of them. Plus there a re quite of few DLC-bait characters on the list that are basically free sales if released independently (primarily Akuma and Juri).

11 minutes ago, delete_me said:

22 base roster just sounds too good to be true. I actually wouldn't be surprised if that entire middle row of the leaked image was DLC, hashtag "returning fan favourites (and ED)" or something. That way the game would ship with 8 classics and 8 new characters.

I might be wrong but I'd rather set my expectations for this scenario.

I said pretty much the same thing a while back, since everyone seemed to just be assuming all 22 would be there at launch. The middle row being all DLC does make a lot of sense. I feel like both Akuma and Juri will be shoe-ins for every main SF game going forward, without ever again being in a base roster.

I did expect Juri to be DLC so even if she turns out to be S1 again i'm mostly ok with it since it's going to be the same year anyway ,so basically a few months of extra wait time for my main. It's not out of the question for the middle row to be DLC.

However,it's clearly obvious that the production value and budget for SF6 is far bigger that SF5 and to be quite fair 22 is not that wild of a number to have a starting roster,especially since this is kinda the game that needs to clearly deliver a good launch looking at how 5 released.

36 minutes ago, delete_me said:

22 base roster just sounds too good to be true. I actually wouldn't be surprised if that entire middle row of the leaked image was DLC, hashtag "returning fan favourites (and ED)" or something. That way the game would ship with 8 classics and 8 new characters.

We was discussing this few days ago in the other thread, sinister coincidence also SFV started 16+6 (S1) -> 22 i guess we will get same shit

Main people's argument against this is that SF6 is trying to fix error of the past etc etc, wich is surely true, but does'nt necessary result in larger cast

SF6 is likely release with lot of contents to appeal a more casual audience that SFV lacked (open world mode to say one) and will present itself as a way more marketable product, get good reviews etc

I don't think they're scared to start with 16, because i don't think they consider 16 the reason SFV had a shitlaunch, negativity etc

Start small and make them money each year with Season DLC is probably one of the few things they will keep of SFV

Still though, is the middle cast truly the Season 1 ? 

DJ appears  on multiple screens in the metro city stage, Cammy has been leaked and she seems mostly finished, Juri is right there on the character select screen on the Ken leak.

I am aware developers make early DLC pretty much at the same time as the main game but since the info is out now, imagine the salt that this could possibly generate since people will know those characters are indeed finished and Capcom just waiting on them to cash in a bit more. 

Edited by Skort

The Ken leak is our best look in what May be the base roster and it’s size.

IMG_6666.png

We are missing at least one more column of characters since Luke isn’t shown in the leak. Assuming the unseen column is the last column then we’re having either 17 or 18 characters (depending on if that column also has 5 characters). 

Somewhat relating to this, it looks like the first two rows are made up of new characters with the exception of Juri. If the unseen column is the last, then we will have 7 new characters in the base roster. 

1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

16 characters as base roster again would be pretty crap.

Having the potential Season 1 characters already spoiled would be even crappier.

You know what, ultimately i like to have seen whole 22 figure, even if include Season 1

Sure, it steal bit of the hype/charm of the surprise, but now that i seen them i prefer that i know it

Overall it's a good cast, not perfect but i agree with lot of things and have no big complaint (aside i wish Akuma was Season5 or something) and i'm satisfied with it, could have been worse and even got some good surprises

If i had to pass year through mystery shit, silhuettes and all that smoke i would have imagined better stuff during months of hype, with hype get deluded release after release because if we are left free to imagine we wish our best scenario that rarely fit reality

Just think any SF3 fan who would have passed whole year waiting "next update" only to reach launch day with zero chars in their hands 🤣

Better know i say

Only thing really bother me is that watching the 22 there's stuff that i REALLY want to get added quickly (Sagat for Muay Thai, a pure boxer etc), and if 22 include S1 it mean that anything else is 2024. Or 2025. Or 2026 lol

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

Capcom should run with this.  S1 DLC lineup "Returning fan favourites......and Ed"