Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

So since Capcom themselves said they're kinda winding down in terms of SF6 coverage for now, when do y'all think we'll hear from them again? Character debut at EVO and then another one at gamescom? That would be at least 2 reveals in the same month 

Just now, delete_me said:

They said later this year, so I don't expect any announcements before TGS in September.

That makes the prospect of them announcing 22 characters by Q1 23 increasingly unlikely. So 16-18 launch roster is unfortunately making more and more sense.

24 minutes ago, Daemos said:

That makes the prospect of them announcing 22 characters by Q1 23 increasingly unlikely. So 16-18 launch roster is unfortunately making more and more sense.

They drop another mountain of info like they did with the gameplay reveal and reveal a new character every week or two leading to the Q1 release.

On principle I am staunchly against Nintendo being this dumbfucky about it. Happened to me with M:TG where they claimed that using software to play online was piracy and impacted their bottom line. No, it helped me practice with more people while I was still spending hella money on the product.

BUT,

These cunts spent decades crying at the FGC for not thinking their goofy 4 player game was an FG. Then they donated a lot of money to to that one fundraiser to buy themselves into Evo. And they've been an incredible pain in the ass ever since.

So I find all of this hilarious.

They wanted big papa Nintendo to acknolwedge them, ask and you shall receive. 😂

1 hour ago, PVL_93_RU said:

"later this year" could be any time technically

If you're pedantic, but you wouldn't phrase it like that if your next announcement was only six weeks away. they also said something along the line of going back to development for a while. Nothing about these things suggests another reveal in the near future.

50 minutes ago, delete_me said:

If you're pedantic, but you wouldn't phrase it like that if your next announcement was only six weeks away. they also said something along the line of going back to development for a while. Nothing about these things suggests another reveal in the near future.

Would expect TGS to be the next big probable update (or at least the first they will unlikely miss), would be effectively a big jump from when they declared to go stealth mode

But tbh regardless of what they said i will be surprised if they don't show anything at EVO, we know they have stuff ready, even just for a short hype trailer

Their approach has been very "generous" at first with 4+1 chars (likely they wanted give a solid idea of the product to see what feedback they get) then go full silent for long time seems strange

Not even sure why they already showed guile to begin with, they could have saved him + another char for a middle-way news update to keep people interest alive

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, delete_me said:

Still though, I wouldn't say it's a reach to expect to see something at EVO, Gamescom, Tokyo Games Show, and The Game Awards, all of which are major events. They also dropped trailers at a State of Play and Summer Games Fest, clearly indicating Capcom is targeting shows with significant viewership (with zero news during their own showcase a few days later) 

Plus I kinda hope Capcom doesn't leave out FGC tournaments and do it like ArcSys where Strive had new character reveals at multiple majors, both American and European 

Edited by PVL_93_RU
2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Not even sure why they already showed guile to begin with, they could have saved him + another char for a middle-way news update to keep people interest alive

That is bizarre, when you think about it like that. You plan one big reveal, then a gap of silence before showing more. Everybody was content with the first bit of news we saw at Summer Games Fest, but then they show Guile one week later. Why not space him out a bit?

Personally, I think they've got to have more ready to show, they were just covering themselves. They might have been expecting to need some time to make a few changes after this reveal based on feedback, but most of the feedback has been positive. Perhaps that will speed up their development some.

1 hour ago, Yiceman said:

Personally, I think they've got to have more ready to show, they were just covering themselves. They might have been expecting to need some time to make a few changes after this reveal based on feedback, but most of the feedback has been positive. Perhaps that will speed up their development some.

The biggest W is that Capcom currently have a seemingly well done game on their hands. And because the V system is gone we're unlikely to run into an issue where certain Triggers/Skills/Reversals are just objectively better or worse than others, since most of the mechanics in 6 are universal 

Whatever issues the build that we've seen has come primarily to visuals, which can be tweaked. And without a beta it's way too early to judge if damage, stun and framedata values require immediate adjustments, moreso because people at the Capcom event had access to just 4 characters while we know of 18 more (one of whom is strictly on trailers and not in a playable form for mere mortals) 

I guess there could potentially be balancing problems with how fast or far reaching the Drive Impacts or Drive Reversals are but I'd assume they are all roughly similar? 

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

Getting Fightcade to function properly can be a pain in the ass so I'm grateful for these collections

I'm always curious about this because it's just mapping inputs and dragging and dropping files into a folder,

I can totally see why this collection is worth getting for console tho.

2 hours ago, elliephil said:

I'm always curious about this because it's just mapping inputs and dragging and dropping files into a folder,

You say this, but there are people out there who are frankly just that inept when it comes to technology. Usually it’s older folks but young people aren’t immune to it either.

3 hours ago, elliephil said:

I've had a couple of issues getting roms to work. I got the wrong one, files are missing, the program routing to the wrong rom dictionary, etc. I hate troubleshooting Fightcade when something goes wrong. 

Maybe I could come around to the Fighting Collection if I cared about the other games with small player bases. My wife and I love Cyberbots and Super Gem Fighter but we are the only people we know who will play it still. Hyper Street Fighter 2 was a game I always had fun with during PS2 days but was total cancer for competitive play haha. Not sure if I'm ready to dive into that.

Edited by elliephil

Something odd.

So there is this game, called Naraka Bladepoint, which is basically a Battle Royal, which I play once every month or so at this point.

However, everytime I play that game and have a really good duel with someone, no matter if I win or lose, I have a serious need to go and play a FG right after.
Case in point, after my last match I started LFG spamming in MB, something I usually never do, cause I am the silent type who normaly joins games and DMs ggs, before disappearing into the shadows again.

I do wonder why this happens tho.

1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Bet time: if Punk loses, is he gonna complain or not?

I'm told dude was shaking and everything before losing. Man's already sitting on a full bar of rant meter. 🤣

Edited by Volt