Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

2 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Launcher is super braindead but she’s really hard to get consistent confirms with. Maybe I’m missing something but having to wonder if a stray bullet is gonna juggle enough to get a dash confirm mid match is hard lol 

Tell that to the dozens of launchers I tore appart this morning.

Was good to figure out the gaps.

Seems like a standard Zoner this far.

55 minutes ago, Skort said:

Unsure if this was posted before but 

It seems like they know what they are doing with PR this time around. Nice little glimpse into considerations and goals they wish to have with SF6. I like that they recognize  the allure of Street Fighter as a series for both returning players and new ones, and how they are going to approach that. Looking at the future from a developer's perspective rather than from some explicitly eSports or Corporate viewpoint is nice to hear. Makes you remember that there are people that actually care about this series and what it means, regardless what the public might think of Capcom.

They mention communication with fans being a priority and I think that's pretty apparent so far with the all the system mechanic information right from the full reveal. It seems like a full 180 for the fighting games division compared to five years ago leading up to Marvel Infinite's release.

3 hours ago, elliephil said:

It seems like they know what they are doing with PR this time around. Nice little glimpse into considerations and goals they wish to have with SF6. I like that they recognize  the allure of Street Fighter as a series for both returning players and new ones, and how they are going to approach that. Looking at the future from a developer's perspective rather than from some explicitly eSports or Corporate viewpoint is nice to hear. Makes you remember that there are people that actually care about this series and what it means, regardless what the public might think of Capcom.

The only thing that still really lingers in my mind and i felt the most bothersome with their presentation is still the SF6 logo.

It's not bland and meh like the previous and 1st SF6 logo, but rather it feels the odd man out of all the logos.

6 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Tell that to the dozens of launchers I tore appart this morning.

Was good to figure out the gaps.

Seems like a standard Zoner this far.

I hate saying this but I almost feel like she has to actually work lmao. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying she's struggling like she doesn't have dumb shit but there's definitely gaps you can easily exploit. My biggest issue with her is that it feels like there's not guaranteed route she has that can get you braindead damage. When I'm facing Wind Master's or Ghost Blade/Striker it feels like once they get a hit it's pound time. But with Launcher it feels like you have to be really brave in trying to build off a stray hit. FM-31 is a based AA but trying to get anything off of it in a combo is really hard. Steyr AMR is also fun to use but if you're mid screen it seems lacking. I'm gonna truck on through and look up better Launcher players and seeing how they just control the space. 

I feel like the missions we used to have in SFV were a good idea but not explored good enough and limited by how that particular game was designed.  Moving forward to SF 6 they have a good chance to improve and expand upon it to benefit both online and offline focused players.

Regarding  the single player and multiplayer aspects of  SF 6  

• I think the single player mode open world is a good opportunity for Capcom to design a system that people can keep going back to and use while not feeling the need to play ranked OR play it while in the que for ranked, so the downtime would actually be enjoyable .It would be cool if they can develop a system that allows you to follow the path of the character you like ( Juri, Ryu,Chun etc ) by doing certain activities in the single player open world, be them in the form of mini quests like beat up a bunch of mad gear thugs ,collect X amount of SF symbols within  Metro City, find certain NPC around the world, emote X amount of times towards other players in the lobby and so on ( i imagine they want to focus on activities that makes you explore the zones  ). All of these would be optional of course, but there as something extra to try if you feel like it.

• This would unlock artwork , lore , cosmetics and other things for your main character that you can use in the actual ranked matches and make you stand out. This would reward players that want to spend more time in the single player aspect of the game.

• While pushing to improve your own skill is actually the main reward here  , i feel that the ranked system should benefit the player with more rewards not just a certain amount of points or a title. There will always be players that just don't want to deal with the single player aspect of the game and it's understandable ,so it would be more then fair to tie in some cosmetics to ranked mode upon reaching certain milestones within the online ranking system. 

•  Needless to say the possibilities for Capcom are many when it comes to activities in both online and offline modes of the game to keep it fresh and hold the interest of the player base. If both are done correctly , it could push both type of players to try both  modes  of the game and expand the game's lifespan.
Edited by Skort
4 hours ago, Yiceman said:

Man, I'm so conflicted about DNF Duel. Every time I see something that looks fun and makes me consider buying it, I see something else that makes me want to stay miles away.

I don't feel like it has the staying power to remain relevant a few months from now. I'm not particularly invested in Dnf and I don't think a lot of people are going to keep playing seriously with all the broken (although fun) nonsense people are finding.

Maybe on a sale 😃

@Darc_Requiem Tbh yes, because i aim to make some mods for SF 6 for the characters that i like with the skills i gained so far and that i still try and improve when time allows it.

UE 5 and Blender are crazy powerful and i can't believe this stuff is free. Let's just hope porting the actual 3D models from SF6 won't be a pain ( it will be ) .  That won't stop me anyway.

Edited by Skort
8 hours ago, elliephil said:

I don't feel like it has the staying power to remain relevant a few months from now. I'm not particularly invested in Dnf and I don't think a lot of people are going to keep playing seriously with all the broken (although fun) nonsense people are finding.

Maybe on a sale 😃

I’m gonna buy it but I don’t plan on playing it a day after SF6 drops 

Ill be downloading it tonight tho

Edited by Vhozite
12 hours ago, elliephil said:

Maybe on a sale 😃

If it receives regular support I don't see the game dropping off. At least I don't expect it to become a discord fighter like Granblue. 

Granblue didn't even die because of the lack of support, but rather because CyGames made all the wrong decisions at the worst possible timing possible.

And they ignored feedback, going into the total opposit of what people wanted, balanced changed way to fast and way to often essentialy changing the whole game every month.

And they keep doing it, instead of trying to get stuff like Rollback in asap, they make character surveys or do weird stuff like making Platinum Games hate them.