Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

Here's a question

Which is better mechanic TVC's Baroque or UMVC3's X-Factor?

Which do you feel a better game TVC or UMVC3 based on personal opinion no right and wrong answer?

What makes TVC better than UMVC3 and what makes UMVC3 better than TVC?

Thanks guys

Edited by Shakunetsu
5 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Sajam made an interesting point recently.

So many games he played recently have just crossplay on by default and he was asking why FGs are behind on that area.

Crossplay and Rollback should have been standard since the last 5 years.

There was something else I had noticed, as I was playing GBVS with a friend last tuesday and steam went into it's usual tuesday night mainteance, we played trough that.

We did not get disconnected for some reason. Which reminded me of a question I had already as the game came out, are these GBVS own servers?

Theoretical speaking, if a Company has their own servers and want to do crossplay, there is nothing that should stop them.

I do remember there were talks of FFXIV coming to Xbox as well, which would of course be Crossplay with PS4/5 and PC.

Sajam forgets that crossplay also involves having recurring monetization schemes for most of those games, so they can sustain the servers.

The moment that fgs start introducing season passes and the like, people will bitch and moan like they always do.

Just look at how many idiots complained that DOA had cosmetics as dlc.

16 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Here's a question

Which is better mechanic TVC's Baroque or UMVC3's X-Factor?

Which do you feel a better game TVC or UMVC3 based on personal opinion no right and wrong answer?

What makes TVC better than UMVC3 and what makes UMVC3 better than TVC?

Baroque Is busted as fuck because how it works in conjunction with the burst mechanic.

Is more easy to unfuck X-Factor than Unfucking Baroque

It had a crossover with Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? and with the Atelier RPG series.

Sadly the game was cut short before it had the chance to add more costumes and characters.

They certainly did some mistakes with DOA6, which is sad, because it is easily the best entry in terms of gameplay.

But their DLC was never an issue, outside the tickets for changing the color of the hair of the chars.

Niggas were getting mad because the company offered options.

Which is amusing, I bet those same idiots wouldn't complain that the Bike dealer also sells accessories for the bike they bought.

Edited by Hecatom
31 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

It had a crossover with Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? and with the Atelier RPG series.

Sadly the game was cut short before it had the chance to add more costumes and characters.

They certainly did some mistakes with DOA6, which is sad, because it is easily the best entry in terms of gameplay.

But their DLC was never an issue, outside the tickets for changing the color of the hair of the chars.

Which is amusing, I bet those same idiots wouldn't complain that the Bike dealer also sells accessories for the bike they bought.

In the end, why be botherd with cosmetics anyway?

This kind of DLC does literally nothing harmfull.

You like it, you buy it, you don't like it, you don't buy it.

Heck, I would buy a Pallete editor for BBCF when ASW puts one in now for money.

Just so I can make my Red and Black Nine I always wanted.

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

DoA was very egregious with it's cosmetic DLC. How can they have $80 season passes where the majority of the content is costumes? Temco could have offered more substantial content. When they weren't reselling DLC from the previous game as DLC again. 

Wolverine's swiss cheese was not added as a nerf to plink dashing. It was added because in Vanilla wolverine could just mash d.L all day and a lot of the cast could do fuck all about it.

Video wack already.

Also LMAO nobody calls MvC3 a perfect game. That guy needs to talk to people who don't drag their knuckles.

Dante's jam session is "possibly the best assist"? This is the same game with Hidden Missiles? Good lord.

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

DoA was very egregious with it's cosmetic DLC. How can they have $80 season passes where the majority of the content is costumes? Temco could have offered more substantial content. When they weren't reselling DLC from the previous game as DLC again. 

I disagree.

It is not egregious, since it is just cosmetics.

People took offense to a none issue.

The only valid criticism about those DLC bundles was that you didn't have the option to buy the outfits separately like with DOA5.

Outside of that, they gave options to the players to just buy the chars either bundled with their costumes, or just the char, no need to buy the season passes.

The whole complaining people did was absolutely retarded.

Uncapped fps sounds like it can lead to an awful experience if not handled properly.

They will need to have a dynamic input buffer, and that by itself can lead to variable input lag depending on how it is handled.

Not to mention that it could make the frame data more difficult to work with.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I wonder what the hell "uncapped FPS" even means.

It means that the frame rate won't be locked. Every fighting game is locked to 60 fps. This is so every player is on a level playing field and that frame data is consistent across the board.

With uncapped the average frame rate will be highly dependant on the users set up. Generally the user who's setup can provide higher fps will get the most advantage

Edited by Hawkingbird

I suspect the input reader (and/or output) will be locked to 60fps timing, even if the visuals won't be. I also suspect (this is barely educated guesswork, but in my head it makes sense) that's how games like Bloodborne and Dragon's Dogma did it - I recall talk of them recreating the "feel" of controlling at 60FPS at 30FPS (or below), and Bloodborne really did feel snappy.

Edited by JustBooming
4 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Who would win?

A vicious martial artist who’s forsaken his humanity or a flying sumo?

Now imagine if this happened in the late SF2 canon

150mph flying super tough sumo dude collide with Akuma's rib cage

8 broken ribs causing internal damage everywhere, Akuma die on the spot few days after his debut

No more Akuma bullshit in SF, his slot used for good stuff, trash taste fans shocked

Missed opportunity imho

Edited by CESTUS III
18 hours ago, Sonero said:

Also LMAO nobody calls MvC3 a perfect game. That guy needs to talk to people who don't drag their knuckles.

Dante's jam session is "possibly the best assist"? This is the same game with Hidden Missiles? Good lord.

I've never heard anyone call it a perfect game either. However, (in my totally non-biased opinion c:) it might be the goat. If you were stuck on an island with 100 other people (who all like fighting games) and you could only play one game for the next 10 years, I would probably pick umvc3.

The jam session vs hidden missiles culture war continues to brew on. The jammers made a propaganda video it seems lol.

Edited by elliephil
5 hours ago, elliephil said:

Out of curiosity, which one would you pick?

Honestly, probably VF5. It would take me a few years just to memorize the move list for the roster at this point in my life. Simply learning the moves and being able execute them would kill a lot of time. Hell probably wouldn't even get through the whole roster in 10 years. If I were teenager yeah but not now.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
11 hours ago, Volt said:

British "food"

GIF by Giphy QA

39 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

You dislike Guile's "Perfect" Booms because you think hitbox users will be favoured over controller and stick users.

I dislike Guile's "Perfect" Booms because I don't want to hear Guile shouting "PERFECT!" over and over every time he chucks a Boom in competitive play.

We are not the same.

spacer.png