Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

5 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I do wonder what characters we get as DLC in DNF.

If I saw it correct, every character has 4 classes, so a lot can still come.... even if we already have some examples of this in the game.

I hope they add the female Slayer/Spectre to balance that we have 2 male sub classes (Berserker, Ghost Blade) 

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Street Fighter V: Juri si mostra in azione al San Diego Comic Con

Top 30 Street Fighter 5 GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

It makes me think though...

Why censor Laura's pants when Cammy's default is in the game, is showing just as much if not more ass, and she's been fine since then? Mika too.

It makes me think that both Juri and Laura were originally designed to be (even) skimpier, but then they decided to redesign them slightly of their own accord because, honestly, love me some cheesecake but Laura in the remnants of a karate gi and a naked ass just looked dumb.

27 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Why censor Laura's pants when Cammy's default is in the game, is showing just as much if not more ass, and she's been fine since then? Mika too.

It makes me think that both Juri and Laura were originally designed to be (even) skimpier, but then they decided to redesign them slightly of their own accord because, honestly, love me some cheesecake but Laura in the remnants of a karate gi and a naked ass just looked dumb.

I am sure It was never censorship, but just a weird stylistic choice for the back of her pants.

The reason why it feels weird is because it is only on the back and not the front..

Like SugarPunch Designs said, it would be improved if it had similar black accents on the front.

unknown.png?width=1170&height=650

People assume it was censorship because It seems it happened with Juri, and it happened with the angles for Mika and Cammy butts on their Super and intro respectively.

But If they were indeed censoring her default, then it wouldn't make sense not to censor her story alt, which has way more skin showing in all areas, lol.

Edited by Hecatom
4 minutes ago, elliephil said:

I think it would be cool to see Elena come back in sf6. I think it would complement a character like Jamie doing those bboy moves and Luke being a dickhead to Ryu. Some nice tongue-in-cheek fun and additional personality that was missing for the past few years from SF. 😃

She'd definitely be a lot less obnoxious than her SF4 version with healing as a 2 bar super instead of an ultra she could pop 2-3 times a round.

7 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

She'd definitely be a lot less obnoxious than her SF4 version with healing as a 2 bar super instead of an ultra she could pop 2-3 times a round.

Trying to imagine that scenario where she chooses to heal and now has less resources to use defensive mechanics lol

Edited by elliephil
11 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

i guess in Laura case it was because according to them they created the char with the external help of some brazilian people that helped them to do a "sensible design" or something (other char to have similar process was Rashid) 

So maybe censorship change came from there as last minute thimg after the design was done and showed to them

Or as alternative all changes happened even after, when there has been a clear after-attempt to lower SFV sexyness... see also when they even patched stuff after launch, like hint of nipples, camera angle, bouncing etc 

I guess has been all a difference of priority between developers that liked the game to be sexy, and marketing people that wanted to tone it down (for western market/esports shit?)

10 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I am sure It was never censorship, but just a weird stylistic choice for the back of her pants.

The reason why it feels weird is because it is only on the back and not the front..

Except if you look official SFV concept sketches they was indeed going in that direction (watch down-left), iirc there was even a jap design note about why the big butt was exposed lol 

https://i.redd.it/1dgd86y77r221.png

Now let's be clear, it not like some supreme art piece was lost, Laura Default never was increbly good and after-censorship did'nt ruin it much (make it even bit less retard), yet here's the "proof" change happened later, after the design concept phase

Btw Laura Battle design is best under any possible pov (aside maybe hairstyle), wish it was the official

10 hours ago, Hecatom said:

But If they were indeed censoring her default, then it wouldn't make sense not to censor her story alt, which has way more skin showing in all areas, lol.

That's because most of the western hypocrite marketing bs is a very surface thing, so the Standard/Default design get the real outrage police investigation, while alts get free pass to be more japanese style 

Good example you can see how in SF6 (wich being even more western oriented will push even more on these things) they worked on Cammy... 

They redesigned her DEFAULT in a waaay less fanservice way that will send some purple hair "gaming journalist" in good mood commenting how capcom did a sensible redesign, giving her pants and how the character design now is infinitely better and all that nodding shit 

The fact that as alt we will still get classic Cammy costume (wich from the blurred vid we got is awesome, even details lost in SFV)  with the hyper thong sticked up in her anus will get a free pass 

Maybe her new ultra animation is at risk though

Edited by CESTUS III
On 7/7/2022 at 3:40 AM, Shakunetsu said:

thanks to you and stlka video it got cleared to me. I always wonder the sudden change of art that it became better

In the first brazilian comics (Street Fighter by Escala) there was an attempt to continue the Malibu. In SF Zero 3 comics, exist anothers curiosity:

Chun-Li hates americans! 🤨 the script implies that it's because of an ex-boyfriend (Captain Ninja, brazilian character and alter ego of Marcelo Cassaro, the screenwriter) and exist many Juli and Juni, because they are Cammy's clones! 🤨

45 minutes ago, biachunli said:

In the first brazilian comics (Street Fighter by Escala) there was an attempt to continue the Malibu. In SF Zero 3 comics, exist anothers curiosity:

Chun-Li hates americans! 🤨 the script implies that it's because of an ex-boyfriend (Captain Ninja, brazilian character and alter ego of Marcelo Cassaro, the screenwriter) and exist many Juli and Juni, because they are Cammy's clones! 🤨

A video that would tackle Zero 3 would be interesting too

Wow Chunli had many exes haha

11 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Have y’all seen this tweet?

IMG_0502.jpg

Sorry it’s a screen cap I don’t use Twitter.

What even is this logic? Gives casuals less information so they want to play? Casuals don’t even use training mode lol.

Y’all agree or nah?

He's saying if you want to hook casuals into our way of life, you have to give them information in bite sizes so they can possibly digest it. Presenting the game as it really is (framedata) will scare potential fighters away.

I can see his logic but I would only be okay with it if the framedata is a readily and easily available option (Like 1-2 clicks away). Otherwise fuck them, we're already enduring a ton of sugarcoating in SF games to lure casuals in.

Edited by Daemos
16 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

IMG_0502.jpg

What even is this logic? Gives casuals less information so they want to play? Casuals don’t even use training mode lol.

Y’all agree or nah?

This is the exact same logic that led the Strive developers to make the RISC gauge deliberately small and hard to see because otherwise it would have been noticed and might have scared the casuals, or some nonsense like that.

"Let's hide/make difficult to see information from the players, keeping them deliberately unaware of how the game works, hoping this will delude the casuals into thinking these games are easier than how they actually are."

dumb patrick star GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I guess he's at least talking about making frame data free DLC, which is slightly less overwhelmingly retarded and a step forward compared to Tekken 7's paid frame data.

25 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

IMG_0502.jpg

Y’all agree or nah?

When you shill for corpos you don’t make it obvious Chen. I know you gotta get paid my ninja but Jesus. 

also when is Chiper gonna stop replying to people like a passive aggressive bitch? He sounds like a woman. 

28 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

IMG_0502.jpg

Y’all agree or nah?

That's a hot take if I ever saw one.  Casuals won't care either way but everyone else will.  Give us frame data so we have more tools to properly learn the game.  

38 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

IMG_0502.jpg

Y’all agree or nah?

All I'm hearing from this is that "button priority" is the superior way of speaking about fighting games 😃

All jokes aside, I don't think it will really hurt anyone having it in base game. Make it an option to turn on or off or whatever. 

And no, it's not obtuse if you make it very clear what it's purpose is for and how to use that information as a tool. A 5 minute tutorial on what startup, active, recovery, on-hit, on-block, and knockdown frame data is would be doing a solid for anyone. It's only intimidating to newcomers because of how frame data is presented in spreadsheets and long wiki style articles.

Unfortunately, Capcom. =/

Edited by elliephil
2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

It gets worse.

He mentioned the possibility of Frame Data as a free DLC. So basically the kind of casual moron would notice that free DLC tag highlighted on the store, download it, and immediately get hit with the big scary numbers.

It's just an aggressively stupid take no matter how you slice it. 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

I would argue layer 1 is reading the movelist or playing the tutorial 

Frame Data at the absolute earliest layer 3

This.

It's always wild to play with legit casuals and noticing that they can't even do a fireball.

But yeah, on an intermediate level Frame Data is like, the first real gate.

1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

I would argue layer 1 is reading the movelist or playing the tutorial 

Frame Data at the absolute earliest layer 3

We should make a layer chart for fighting games. I always thought layer 0 was executing the moves since you can't do anything else if you can't hit the buttons, but I'm also being extremely lackadaisical in these thoughts lol