Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

On 7/9/2022 at 4:47 PM, Hawkingbird said:

NRS games are as causal as they come and they provide the frame data on the move lists. C'mon James

You know, everyone keeps saying this.

But NRS games outside the appeal of the brand are the less casual friendly games I have seen.

Of all the games in the market, they are very obtuse on how they work, their mechanics usually are halfassed in some way or another making them feel janky.

They are only "casual" because people go and buy it in droves, but there is a reason why they end with lower populations than more niche fgs.

They lack the appeal to convert most of its buyers into actual players.

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

But NRS games outside the appeal of the brand are the less casual friendly games I have seen.

Of all the games in the market, they are very obtuse on how they work, their mechanics usually are halfassed in some way or another making them feel janky.

They are only "casual" because people go and buy it in droves, but there is a reason why they end with lower populations than more niche fgs.

I don't disagree. I put their games in the casual category because of how rebost their single player modes are. Aside from their story modes, their tower modes have infinite replay mode and showers the player with rewards. The krypt in MK11 could be a game onto itself the way they designed it. It's possible to get hours of gameplay in without ever touching the multiplayer.

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

MK games attract casuals because of how much fluff they have. Big story mode, lots of single player content, movie characters, etc

I agree the PvP can be just as complicated as any other FG, but casuals don’t appear to care about that since they still buy the games. 

Remember the context of the comment you posted was that Frame Data would scare casuals away. MK proves that premise is false. 

Edited by Vhozite
26 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I would love it if street fighter had a "everybody is here" game but it will never happen. The home ports of Alpha 3 is the closest we ever got.

No thanks.

Not only would having a roster that size be complete cancer to actually play, I can happily go the rest of my life without seeing Elf or Rufus in another video game. 

9 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

No thanks.

Not only would having a roster that size be complete cancer to actually play, I can happily go the rest of my life without seeing Elf or Rufus in another video game. 

The only issue I have with a roster that size is character overlap will be inevitable. It would be a bitch to have like 5 rekka characters and make them all different from each other to try to justify their existences.

I actually want to see elf in another game. I want his design to be completely retooled into being a modern luchadore instead of the generic trash that he is. Also it's fun to watch someone play him

I think since Capcom have confirmed to be present at SDCC next week and they have a history of reveals for their fighting games in the past, methinks we'll see two more characters added to the "current roster".

So far we have 3 veterans (Guile, Chun, Ryu), 1 newcomer (Jamie), and 1 returnee (Luke), so it'd make sense to show one of each, and assuming there won't be any additional trailers between Comic Con and EVO, the EVO build would have 7 characters playable, with another potential double reveal at the Sunday Finals on....I think August 7th?

I'd like to see Rashid and Kimberly personally. Although seeing as Ken got shown there for SFV 7 years ago (jesus fucking christ that was 7 YEARS AGO DUDE) they could just repeat that instead

DNF's story mode is pretty simple, but its execution is nice.

So basically Grappler pulls up to Striker's dojo when she was a kid, bodies everyone, roasts whoever is still conscious and leaves her mad salty and crying.

She dedicates her life to training to avenge her crew, they cross paths, he bodies the shit out of her, roasts her, and leaves her mad salty and crying again.

If that's not what the game is all about, I dunno what is. 🤣

7 minutes ago, Volt said:

So basically Grappler pulls up to Striker's dojo when she was a kid, bodies everyone, roasts whoever is still conscious and leaves her mad salty and crying.

She dedicates her life to training to avenge her crew, they cross paths, he bodies the shit out of her, roasts her, and leaves her mad salty and crying again.

I haven't done the story mode yet but this suddenly explains grappler rather odd tone in his win quote against her.

8 minutes ago, Volt said:

How is it possible for one character to be this based?

14 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

I think since Capcom have confirmed to be present at SDCC next week and they have a history of reveals for their fighting games in the past, methinks we'll see two more characters added to the "current roster".

So far we have 3 veterans (Guile, Chun, Ryu), 1 newcomer (Jamie), and 1 returnee (Luke), so it'd make sense to show one of each, and assuming there won't be any additional trailers between Comic Con and EVO, the EVO build would have 7 characters playable, with another potential double reveal at the Sunday Finals on....I think August 7th?

I'd like to see Rashid and Kimberly personally. Although seeing as Ken got shown there for SFV 7 years ago (jesus fucking christ that was 7 YEARS AGO DUDE) they could just repeat that instead

Ken and Kimberly seems about perfect combination for a reveal there, wonder if we will be so lucky to get double reveal

Considering it's not a FGC event wonder if they will also take the chance to talk a bit more about single player mode with your avatar character

3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

No thanks.

I thought Rufus was lame as hell when he came out. Now that I'm older and fatter, I would appreciate some of that representation lolol jk

Edited by elliephil
27 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Capcom is going to use the same demo build from summer game fest for SDCC. People need to stop ignoring the fact that the Street Fighter tweeter said they will be going radio silent for a few months

16 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Capcom is going to use the same demo build from summer game fest for SDCC. People need to stop ignoring the fact that the Street Fighter tweeter said they will be going radio silent for a few months

Well, they didn't say they were going quiet for "a few months," they said "a short while." I think an argument can be made that it's certainly been a short while. I also think it would be very odd to have a presence at a large event like this and have absolutely nothing new.

9 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

We are back into our keeping the faith phase. DevilJin isn't with us anymore so now it's on me. We will see a new character soon my brothers and sisters.

I miss Jin. At least I have the memory of his name invoking UltraDavid's PTSD of Jin bodying him back in the day when Jin showed up on stream.