Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

Just now, Yiceman said:

I might be the only one, but I'm hype to see Dee Jay back.

Definitely  not the only one. While i don't really plan on playing him i'm ok with him returning and i also think they did a good job with his new visual design.

I do hope they add Rose for you though. It's well deserved looking at how late she joined SFV. I actually think she has a  high chance to be Season 1 DLC.

1 minute ago, Skort said:

I do hope they add Rose for you though. It's well deserved looking at how late she joined SFV. I actually think she has a  high chance to be Season 1 DLC.

Yeah I'd love to see her, but I think for the kind of modern vibe they've got going for this game they want the launch roster to be on theme with each other. A middle age gypsie lady doesn't fit in as well. Dhalsim squeaks in because he's an orginal.

I'm sure it will be free game for returning characters when it comes to DLC though.

But Dee Jay was my secondary in SF4, so I'm all set with this roster. It's just a matter of seeing if the playstyles for any of these new characters pique my interest more.

21 minutes ago, Sonero said:

There's nothing wrong with Ryu's moveset in SF. The problem lies solely with how Capcom looks at him and fireballs in general.

Part of the reason I hate Evil Ryu/Kage, is not only are they redundant but they limit how Ryu's play style can evolve. Why not give some those tools to Ryu to further differentiate him from Ken and Akuma. At this point the trio of shotos is going to be in every game. So stop wasting gameplay tools on "What If" edgelords like Evil Ryu and Oni.

24 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Can anyone point me to the leaked characters? Also aside from SFV what fighting game are y'all playing? 

TBH, I really don't play SFV much.

But I play basically all fgs except SFxT, MVCI and Strive.

Right now I am playing GBFVS a lot since a lot of newcomers started playing it here in my city.

12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Part of the reason I hate Evil Ryu/Kage, is not only are they redundant but they limit how Ryu's play style can evolve. Why not give some those tools to Ryu to further differentiate him from Ken and Akuma. At this point the trio of shotos is going to be in every game. So stop wasting gameplay tools on "What If" edgelords like Evil Ryu and Oni.

The problem is capcom is catering the idea that evil ryu is a strong ryu that they already know it's not, so fan keep on thinking thats the stronger one.

even in crossover games and mobile games they keep pushing the idea that evil ryu is a better ryu like always making evil ryu a powerful ryu variant instead of a call back, 

if capcom would make a proper evil ryu variant it should be a weaker and reckless ryu but not stronger and powerful

umvc3 has the better ryu evolution kakusei ryu which is the right move while in mvci they go back to step one another ryu struggling with snh lol

Edited by Shakunetsu
18 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Capcom doesn't want NRS to be the leaders of the new era. 

Funny enough, while their games sell a lot, NRS games end barren lands rather quickly.

They lack staying power both for casuals and enthusiasts and for the hardcore.

They may lead in sales, but they don't lead in anything else.

The scenes for their games end being smaller than niche games that sell at best 10% of what NRS games sell.

Is an interesting phenomenom.

It doesn't help that NRS kills their games the moment they announce the next one, not allowing them to co exist.

MKX killed Injustice, Injustice 2 killed MKX and MKXI killed Injustice 2.

And MKXI killed itself, lol

NRS announcing that they stopped the support for it didn't help either.

2 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

The problem is capcom is catering the idea that evil ryu is a strong ryu that they already know it's not, so fan keep on thinking thats the stronger one.

even in crossover games and mobile games they keep pushing the idea that evil ryu is a better ryu like always making evil ryu a powerful ryu variant instead of a call back

umvc3 has the better ryu evolution kakusei ryu which is the right move while in mvci they go back to step one another ryu struggling with snh lol

Which is hilarious because Ryu defeats Evil Ryu/Kage by ignoring him.

Evil Ryu/Kage : NOTICE ME SENPAI!!!

Ryu: No

Evil Ryu/Kage: *fades from existence*

21 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Totally agree.

Any potential to allow the gameplay of Ryu to evolve is wasted on the gimmick of Evil Ryu/Kage.

Every other character in the series has been allowed to evolve, while Ryu stays the say bum, lol.

He can keep the role of the entry char while letting his tool kit to change in ways that allow him to be effective on the context of new games.

11 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Evil Ryu/Kage : NOTICE ME SENPAI!!!

Ryu: No

Evil Ryu/Kage: *fades from existence*

The problems is there is some fans that believes

Evil Ryu = Kage + Ryu = powerful Ryu. fans interpretation lmao

So were still in a situation that Capcom might bring back Evil Ryu instead of Kage because $$$

If Capcom would flashback evil ryu its should be done that Ryu is a weaker Ryu instead of a more badass Ryu like they usually do. 

Kage is actually a much cooler idea than  Evil Ryu. 

Since he is supposed to be the physical manifestation of the Satsui , not just  Ryu possessed. The main issue is that they made him look like Ryu and added horns.Should had been a different visual design.

I say, ditch the evil shotos, and expand on Ryu's toolkit. Still though Ryu changed and i'm all in for that, they did a good with with his visual design in 6.

Looking at his attacks from the trailer, he is flashy as well but in his own way, you can't have Ryu doing all sort of crazy break dance things. He is supposed to be a seasoned fighter, all his moves look calculated and effective.

I like this pose. 

Screenshot-2022-06-03-203533.jpg

Edited by Skort
1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Gonna throw this out there:

I have a good suspicion that the tunic he has is red because Oro gave him part of his outfit after training  him.

I suppose that’s possible but both Oro’s Third Strike ending and the rendition of that ending in SFV has both Oro and Ryu completely unaware they were even close to each other.

Spoiler

NvLSKb7.jpg

There was never any intentional training going on between the two in any of the games.The Udon comics had that happen but those are not canon until it they decide it is. 

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Considering he never trained Sean, fuck him. Dude literally told a novice, "I'll train you if you defeat Ryu." I hope Eliza ran off with Sean and Mel calls him dad now. 😤

Wow, I never knew you were into Netorare.

I think I need to reconsider our friend ship 🤔

I'll be honest, I keep glancing over Rashid and Ed on that leaked artwork picture. Literally everyone around them is more interesting IMO.

As for Makoto I'd be extremely surprised if she isn't part of the first wave of DLC. The reason she's not here might be something weird like Capcom not wanting to have too many Japanese characters in the base roster. 

12 hours ago, BornWinner said:

It so sad that Ken became addicted to drugs. I hope he gets the help he needs.

beKKxR2.jpg

For real, he looks like he’s going through it. Hope he didn’t lose his fortune or Eliza.

If the latter, then at least half of the former as well, most likely...

Damn, Cammy's face looks as weird as Chun Li.

So far neither of the most recognizable SF gals look like have transitioned well from SFV to SF6.

Is incredible how V, who is not the epitome of a good looking game, is topping 6 in that regard so far 🤣

Just now, Hecatom said:

After the massive leak they got last time, it is not surprising that they still have security holes that can be exploited.

Or maybe this is some old footage that the leaker hold on for longer ? This Ken / Cammy footage looks bit less polished than the trailer preview ( not talking about video quality )

3 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Ok, both pants and pantless Cammy is available in this game. Can we please never mention it ever again.

Also, it seems like there's no real "comeback" mechanic in the game so far, right? Just the Super bar that transfers through rounds.

https://i.imgflip.com/6ii9y8.jpg