Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

You are wrong Pertho.
FGC wants to be eSports, so they have to lift like eSports, either get full PC Setups for everything or quit at the Door Step.

This ain't little boy, pls bring consoles for our tournament! Now they have to lift that shit themselfs if they want to be big boys.

Of course this ain't gonna happen and eSports will stay the cancer of the FGC, but hey, you can now meme on them.

Probably. This scene is very much about cutting the nose to spite the face. I wish things on consoles ran as well as they do on PC. But all this convo is going to do is continually create excuses in people's heads over everything.

It's also only showing one part of the situation.  PCs can be as great as they want to be. Until I can score one for 200 that plays all the games with all the bullshit as demands people want from them while having zero issues with plugging any peripheral to it possible...oh well. 

On one hand Art keeps talking about how great PCs are. Not a few days before multiple people were complaining about the scene changing with all these people not wanting to play in a EU vs USA exhibition. Pushing for PC is the same eSporty mentality that lead to people not wanting to play the exhibition. They just don't get it.

Plugging on PC, I assume you mean Controllers all kinds of, should have little problems by now.
If you configurate Steam correctly, all Controllers should be detected and useable with no problem.

They constantly improve the controller support as well, the DS5 support was added within a week of them becoming aviable.

And considering that all FGs need Steam, this should be easy.
Plus you can always test this at home beforehand.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Fighting games is low demand on PC. If you check the recommended specs of the most recent games most of them have 3rd or 4th gen intels and graphics cards dating back to GTX 6 series. A toaster can run most of these games. 

I have a toaster and sort of.

It can run a lot of things fine; can't run most new games though. You want PC to be viable you'd need a build that's easy to put together for the sameish price as a PS4 that you can count on taking the same level of abuse for long term. It'd help if it was a small as a PS4 but them the breaks on that part of it.

8 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Fighting games is low demand on PC. If you check the recommended specs of the most recent games most of them have 3rd or 4th gen intels and graphics cards dating back to GTX 6 series. A toaster can run most of these games. 

I can personally attest to that.

I'm not quite sold on them being logistically viable for tournaments, but if you think about it, how come the other eSports can pull it off? There's something the community at large is overlooking here.

1 minute ago, Volt said:

I can personally attest to that.

I'm not quite sold on them being logistically viable for tournaments, but if you think about it, how come the other eSports can pull it off? There's something the community at large is overlooking here.

Other esport communities is usually partnered with one or more of the major computer companies (Intel, AMD, Nvidia, MSI, Corsair, Asus, etc) who provide the PCs. They often do so to use the games to promote their parts and peripherals. 

The problem is that there's no prefab that people can easily access to buy them for their locals or just in general.

All this will do is create a 2nd class of players who are always practicing in what will be deemed "inferior hardware". So congrats, PC players just divided the scene up in a goofier way than the PS3/360 situation.

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

Other esport communities is usually partnered with one or more of the major computer companies (Intel, AMD, Nvidia, MSI, Corsair, Asus, etc) who provide the PCs. They often do so to use the games to promote their parts and peripherals. 

And if you remember, Sony did get a lot of FGs over Microsoft last gen. Now they got Evo. Don't forget their partnership with Capcom to put out SFV.

PCs will not be the offline standard platform just for that, pair it up with other logistical issues, and it's damn near a 0% chance.

This is one of the reasons why good netcode is so important. PCs will rely on online tournaments for a long time until they get their chance to shine.

15 minutes ago, Sonero said:

The problem is that there's no prefab that people can easily access to buy them for their locals or just in general.

All this will do is create a 2nd class of players who are always practicing in what will be deemed "inferior hardware". So congrats, PC players just divided the scene up in a goofier way than the PS3/360 situation.

How is it the fault of PC players that the console versions of the games are not optimized to the same level? That's on the developers of those games. 

16 minutes ago, Volt said:

And if you remember, Sony did get a lot of FGs over Microsoft last gen. Now they got Evo. Don't forget their partnership with Capcom to put out SFV.

PCs will not be the offline standard platform just for that, pair it up with other logistical issues, and it's damn near a 0% chance.

This is one of the reasons why good netcode is so important. PCs will rely on online tournaments for a long time until they get their chance to shine.

TBH, All Sony did was land SF5 as a console exclusive. That sealed the PS4 as the fighting game console of choice. KI would be the only reason anyone would see an Xbox in a tournament. 

I don't expect PC to become a standard for locals or even most majors. I can see invitationals and the publisher hosted events doing it. They would have the sponsors and capital to make that happen. 

Simple math really. If you cut off approximately 70% of your sales you'll need to adjust the development budget of your game. And without a platform holder to swallow a potential loss in exchange for a prestige product you're simply not going to see a big-budget fighting game if it's never going to leave the PC ecosystem.

Ah that again.

You know I would really like to see those numbers.

Everyone is always claiming the console numbers are higher in every regard, yet there is no numerical prove for that.

There is NO legitamte source that will confirm that.

Outside of that, I do not think that the Devs would ever stop making Console Games, unless the current Gen never recovers and the next one Bombs even worse.

The current major problem with consoles is, the Current Gen is still in short supply and the PS4 is really falling behind in terms of power.

Currently a medium power PC that can run most things consistent, while not on max settings, will do the Job a PS5 can do while being easier to get and probably cheaper to.
Especially now that GPU Prices go down.

I don't think we need numerical proof to accept the fact that a game that releases on four different systems will sell more copies than the same game getting released on only one. The entire concept of multiplatform releases is built on the foundation that reaching more numbers and sales is only possible if you don't limit yourself to one platform.

Edited by delete_me
6 hours ago, delete_me said:

Simple math really. If you cut off approximately 70% of your sales you'll need to adjust the development budget of your game. And without a platform holder to swallow a potential loss in exchange for a prestige product you're simply not going to see a big-budget fighting game if it's never going to leave the PC ecosystem.

More like 90% of the customer base based on the sales numbers of most games between both pc and consoles, but not that it matters, since many pc niggas love to deny the reality that they are not the majority of the playerbase.

Just look at cipher for example, that I gave him actual data on how the majority of the player base of tekken 7 (and other fgs) is on consoles, since the pc numbers are at best 25% of the total sales, but he still tries to deny reality. 🤣

I gave him the numbers, multiple times, and every time that the subject comes, he ask for the numbers again because he just likes to ignore everything that contradicts his position.

Edited by Hecatom
29 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Just look at cipher for example, that I gave him actual data on how the majority of the player base of tekken 7 (and other fgs) is on consoles, since the pc numbers are at best 25% of the total sales, but he still tries to deny reality. 🤣

I gave him the numbers, multiple times, and every time that the subject comes, he ask for the numbers again because he just likes to ignore everything that contradicts his position.

This is a lie and you know it.

I asked multiple times for Numbers and solid prove.

All you did was to tell me, to look at Steam Charts and take the current number x10 to get the console Number.

You have proven jack shit to me, up to this day.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

This is a lie and you know it.

I asked multiple times for Numbers and solid prove.

All you did was to tell me, to look at Steam Charts and take the current number x10 to get the console Number.

You have proven jack shit to me, up to this day.

I gave you multiple times the numbers, with both the total sales numbers provided by bandai namco in previous press releases and the numbers from multiple sources of what are the estimates for pc numbers, each time you decided to ignore the posts giving some random excuse  then just to go away for a while so to avoid the subject because you can't accept the fact that console numbers always tower pc numbers, with pc being something between 10 to 20% for most games, with the exception for some smaller indie titles, like Skullgirls, where the number is more around 30 to 40%

Plenty of people here saw the discussions we had, and saw how i provided actual data, you can try to say that it was a lie all you want, but you cant change reality.

Edited by Hecatom
3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

estimates for pc numbers,

I don't care for your fucking estimations.

if it's total Sales Numbers it tells you jack shit about how many was sold on what plattform, you need listed charts on how many copies were sold on what plattform.

have you provided that?

No, you have provided guesses and total sales. What again is worthless.

I am to this day waiting for the List where it is written down how much was exactly sold where.

Have you provided that once? No

So piss off with your shit and come back when you have something thats more than guesses and estaminations.

Do you actual numbers from the publisher say X amounts sold on Y?

If not you can take your guesses and estamations and shove them there, where the sun doesn't shine.

Besides you haven't provided anything, you just ran your mouth how console has 10x more player on everything.

You just never backed that up, as you were asked for a source.

Like always.

Ultimately, that is a stupid ass discussion because we don't know how many of the people who bought games actually play them. (Also, I'm pretty sure it doesn't account for things like Game Pass.)

Besides, console war-esque discussions hardly ever lead to anything productive.

3 minutes ago, Volt said:

Ultimately, that is a stupid ass discussion because we don't know how many of the people who bought games actually play them. (Also, I'm pretty sure it doesn't account for things like Game Pass.)

Besides, console war-esque discussions hardly ever lead to anything productive.

My problem is simple.

Everytime this comes up, there is no solid prove.

It's either estimates or guesses. No hard numbers, I like math, because math doesn't lie at the end of the day, but the moment guessing or uncertanty of any kind is evolved every "prove" is questionable and subjective at best.

It's the same when a new FG comes out, if you check the steam forums, what you shouldn't it's bad for mental health, the first 20 threads are usually "this game will die, buy it on console." If you ask for any source or prove that their claimes are correct, it usually is like this: