Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

41 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

My problem is simple.

Everytime this comes up, there is no solid prove.

Just because the numbers don't align with what you want to believe doesn't mean that they are not solid proof.

Namco has provided the numbers of how much their games have sold.

We have tools that give us numbers that are very close to reality of how much the games have sold on pc thanks to the apis that steam provides, tools that the industry actually uses because they are very reliable and have been proven in many occasions to be very close to the real numbers.

You can put your hands on your ears and close your eyes all you want, but the reality is that consoles do in fact outnumber the sales numbers for most games with a 75% to 90%

ratio.

56 minutes ago, Volt said:

Ultimately, that is a stupid ass discussion because we don't know how many of the people who bought games actually play them. (Also, I'm pretty sure it doesn't account for things like Game Pass.)

Besides, console war-esque discussions hardly ever lead to anything productive.

Not really.

Since we are talking about something that is quantifiable and factual.

The only reason why it is "console war-esque" and could be seen as non productive is because Cipher has a hard time accepting reality and thinks that accepting that consoles being the majority of players somehow is wrong or unnaceptable 🤣

4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

You can put your hands on your ears and close your eyes all you want, but the reality is that consoles do in fact outnumber the sales numbers for most games with a 75% to 90%

ratio.

And of course you have solid prove you can show NOW to back up your claims.

If you cannot, what you wont like always, just scrurry back into your little corner and keep shouting your parole.

13 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Stupid shit.

I already gave you the numbers each time we had this convo, not gonna keep wasting my time on your retarded ass, repeating myself  just so you can ignore it as usual and claim I provided nothing, just because you can't accept reality.

Edited by Hecatom
39 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

My exactment for Project L is really tepid but it's probably because I don't care about LoL and because it's a team game. I'll need to play it first. 

That's fair and I'm sure once the game is closer to a playable state it'll be easier to get hyped for. 

Me tho I'm hype as fuck and every morsel of info is like cocaineI JUST NEED MORE PLEASE

Ahem. but hey, they have cute blonde girlz like Lux and honestly if she were to make it into Project L she'd probably play like Launcher so you're already half way there

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/2/2b/Lux_Armored_3_Render.png/revision/latest?cb=20200725133946

Edit: I just can't seem to link images right now fuck 

Edited by Jocelot
29 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

My exactment for Project L is really tepid but it's probably because I don't care about LoL and because it's a team game. I'll need to play it first. 

My concern regarding the game is that they are aiming for a easy to enter game (which by itself is not necessarily a bad thing), but also a very open ended/lax game with its combo system.

Add that they added the people behind PR BotG to work on the game in some capacity, and for what they have shown so far it seems that the game would end at least at the beginning, a very meme game like the PR game.

In the 1st gameplay video we already saw what could be some potential infinites.

Even if the game is easy to enter, the fact that they are going for a team game with long combos, it feels that they are reducing the potential player base the game could have, since those games tend to be more intimidating for newcomers.

Then add how control freak is Riot with the scenes of their games and their balance approach for their other games, so it makes it worse, lol

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES said:

Everything about the game seems not for me.  F2P, 2 vs 2 tag fighter, simple controls and an IP I don't really care for.  I'll try the game but my excitement is pretty much non-existent especially with SF6 coming out.  

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

The only stupid part of this discussion is the one where people think you just walk down the street and find a PC that plays everything.  This goofy ass situation with PC is actual gatekeeping.

But hey, stay cornballs TBH.

The PC just needs to play what you need it to. A person can easily find that PC or laptop by going to their local best buy or micro center (if you have one). This is not hard.

After playing a bit of Multiversus the only thing that makes me skeptical about Project L is the f2p model. I know it's a personal thing but looking at these main menus with daily challenges, multiple different currency counts and some "extra XP for three days" pop-ups is just a massive turnoff. Just let me pay 60 bucks or whatever and give me everything and I'm ok, I really don't need daily incentives to come back and grind if your game is good.

But I'll keep an eye on it. Also, I recommend that everyone who's reluctant about it because of the IP to go watch Arcane. It's a fantastic show that instantly made me look forward to and/or play anything LoL-related even though I never cared, and never will care, about the MOBA.

You are aware that SFV was supposed to have all of that and they canceld that ultimately because of the botched release and completly unfinished state.

In Addition, these things are NOT uncommon in modern AAA, even in fullprice titels.

Look at what released the past years and see how many Mainstream Games have EXP Grind, Battle Passes, Daily Quests.

Edited by Mr.Cipher
54 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The PC just needs to play what you need it to. A person can easily find that PC or laptop by going to their local best buy or micro center (if you have one). This is not hard.

Yeah at this point my laptop is 5 and half years old. It has a 7th Gen i7 (soon be six generations old)and a 10 series GPU that is soon to be 3 generations old. I have no problem running the latest and greatest fighting games at 1440p. Despite being substantially more powerful, my desktop and laptop provide the same experience. Fighting games don't push the hardware. 

I have a feeling that Project L is also gonna have a "founders pack" or something similar that has all the characters unlocked just like Multiversus too. 

Also the chance to try out champs/agents/characters in the training mode. LoL Wild Rift (their mobile game) and Valorant let you do that, so I'm positive Project L will do the same. 

Unfortunately tho, Project L will not have Lebron James. 

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah at this point my laptop is 5 and half years old. It has a 7th Gen i7 (soon be six generations old)and a 10 series GPU that is soon to be 3 generations old. I have no problem running the latest and greatest fighting games at 1440p. Despite being substantially more powerful, my desktop and laptop provide the same experience. Fighting games don't push the hardware. 

My PC might as well be a box of scraps at this point.

Y'all can't forget I have zero issues running FGs on a GTX 750.

That shit doesn't even have 4 digits on its name and it's running DNF on 1080p, High.

More importantly though, now that Project L is confirmed to be a F2P game, we have the best possible test subject for whether or not it's remotely viable as a model for FGs.

Riot is certainly no stranger to the model, they know exactly how to make it work. LoL is a massive IP with outrageous casual pull. It got rollback. 2v2 is a niche all but unfilled since BBTag. It'll get ALL the shilling from FG influencers. The project is running well and funding doesn't seem to be an issue. It's being developed by people who have ties to the FGC in general.

This game has damn near the best environment possible to succeed. It turning out to be a bust would be nothing short of a catastrophic failure.

5 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

You are aware that SFV was supposed to have all of that and they canceld that ultimately because of the botched release and completly unfinished state.

In Addition, these things are NOT uncommon in modern AAA, even in fullprice titels.

Look at what released the past years and see how many Mainstream Games have EXP Grind, Battle Passes, Daily Quests.

I’m not averse to f2p trappings as someone that grinded marvel strike force for almost 3 whole years. But I also feel like we need to temper our expectations when it comes to this model for fighting games. Multiversus is a game filled with rich IP’s that transcend the FGC. I expect MV to function like another arm of Smash where the player base is just MV and nothing else. I’ve seen people all over reddit/4chan saying this model is the future but customers need a buy in. And the buy in isn’t “it’s free to play” the buy in is gonna be characters and presentation. Maybe I’m just being a fucking old ass boomer but I’m still not ready to be a LoL sweat lord. *shakes cane*

I’m indifferent to Project L + Ratio. 
Something to think about though is that Capcom haven’t confirmed/unconfirmed SF6’s pay model…..

5 hours ago, Sonero said:

One thing console FGs don't have is...well cheating.

That's not cheating, that's a bot.    Different animal entirely.  

I am weirdly ok with script kiddies trying their hand at AI, since FG AI hasn't progressed since, well, it was invented in the 80s or whenever.   (KI excepted.  But the battle to get rollback is so hard, can you even imagine pushing adaptable AI...) 

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

Hi guys I have a question

How many humanoid fighting game characters that has multiple arms do you know?

Just like Asura, Spiral, Goro, Kintaro and Sheeva?

Thanks guys

Kollector (Mortal Kombat 11)

Gilgamesh (Dissidia Final Fantasy)

Machamp (Pokken)

Cerebella (Skullgirls) if you want to stretch the definition.

and that’s it. Not too many.

14 minutes ago, Volt said:

Ain't our fault your dusty consoles can't use mods.

Oh no, no nude Abigail mods!

:coffee:

25 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

That's not cheating, that's a bot.    Different animal entirely.  

That instance may not have been unless its running concurrent with you playing. The guy doing all sorts of weird stuff to the game in SF5 and then going online to play most definitely was cheating.

18 hours ago, Hecatom said:
  1. I already gave you the numbers each time we had this convo, not gonna keep wasting my time on your retarded ass, repeating myself  just so you can ignore it as usual and claim I provided nothing, just because you can't accept reality.

Could you hook me up with the knowledge on how to get trustworthy steam sales numbers? I'm interested

10 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

I’m not averse to f2p trappings as someone that grinded marvel strike force for almost 3 whole years. But I also feel like we need to temper our expectations when it comes to this model for fighting games. Multiversus is a game filled with rich IP’s that transcend the FGC. I expect MV to function like another arm of Smash where the player base is just MV and nothing else. I’ve seen people all over reddit/4chan saying this model is the future but customers need a buy in. And the buy in isn’t “it’s free to play” the buy in is gonna be characters and presentation. Maybe I’m just being a fucking old ass boomer but I’m still not ready to be a LoL sweat lord. *shakes cane*

I’m indifferent to Project L + Ratio. 
Something to think about though is that Capcom haven’t confirmed/unconfirmed SF6’s pay model…..

I'm gonna go boomer mode with you and say I don't think I like F2P as a fighting game model

I wont try to argue anything against the strengths the model obviously has, it is clearly optimal for getting more players

but as someone who's been playing this genre for a while maybe I want a game that has a full roster out of the box, a full selection of content/bonuses/customization that isn't locked behind a microtransaction, more than I want more players....

then again with the barebones release games like SFV had, on top of options for in game ads and plenty of MTX maybe we were already there and we just got suckered into paying full retail price for it and games with similar low-content launches LMAO

Edited by Shahenzan
11 hours ago, Sonero said:

Yeah, we totally know the hotbed of cheating console FGs have been.

Let's see...the SF5 fuckery was on PC.

The Strive nonsense was also on PC.

🧐

Console FGs aren't a hotbed for cheating but they are hardly immune to it. Typically it's input reading bots. It's one thing that makes the niche nature of fighting games a good thing. People hack into things that are popular. As much as it pains me, fighting games aren't as popular as FPS games. 

It's why I used to laugh at the "I'm a Mac and I'm a PC" ads. The Mac guy mentioned how the PCs had a metric ton of viruses and the Mac didn't. The implication was the it was due to Apple's software being so much more secure. The reality was that PC's 90% of the market and the Mac platform was too niche to be worth the time.