Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

It's heart-warming to see how everybody is so thrilled about Blanka's return. Rest assured, I share your enthusiasm that our feral little bundle of joy has reclaimed his rightful spot as Brazil's representative.

However, that roster leak can't be accurate, can it? I mean, where's Makoto? Surely, the 'most popular requested character' would be a shoo-in for SF6? What happened? I think this is going to be another game where she'll be MIA. I'm afraid the only way we'll ever see her again is if she gets a guest spot in some free-to-play mobile puzzle game.

So, two things.

First: holy shit, Cammy's super looks amazing, and the classic costume is confirmed for sure, and props to Capcom for having her super animation feature her ass rising in the distance like Queen Rennala's Full Moon. Love me some Elden Ring references.

Second: characters just look kinda weird when they're just standing around, even if the model is good. From what I could see from that video Cammy's model looks pretty good, but as soon as the camera zooms out of the super back into regular gameplay it seems that you lose a lot of details, I don't know if I'm explaining myself right. Maybe it's the artstyle they're going for that creates that effect, maybe it's the general lighting that needs some polishing like with the early versions of SFV, I'm not sure.

1 minute ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Second: characters just look kinda weird when they're just standing around, even if the model is good. From what I could see from that video Cammy's model looks pretty good, but as soon as the camera zooms out of the super back into regular gameplay it seems that you lose a lot of details, I don't know if I'm explaining myself right. Maybe it's the artstyle they're going for that creates that effect, maybe it's the general lighting that needs some polishing like with the early versions of SFV, I'm not sure.

I know what you mean but I’m not sure how to describe it. A lot of the moves look really crisp and clean but when you the models are at rest something is definitely off

1 minute ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I feel like it's the trouble of trying to mush these more realistic character models into the character's classic fighting stances. The newer characters like Jaime and Luke seem a lot more natural.

I think the ladies in particular don't have the exaggerated feet anymore, or at least not to the extent we're used to, which makes it look like the character model thins out towards the bottom.

Edit: someone on reddit put SFV and SFVI Chun side by side, I think that actually is the reason why they look weird in neutral.

ha1hlgdjff391.jpg

Edited by delete_me
5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Not having a SF3 and Alpha characters on the base roster is a huge bummer for me. Most of the characters I enjoy playing come from those games . Dee Jay is the only returning character I would touch. The newbies going to have to maintain my interest 

I'm in the same boat.  Pretty much all my characters are from those games as well.  I was kind of expecting Karin to be a part of the launch roster.

That said, the new characters look really cool.  Jamie and A.K.I have my interest.  

30 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

bruh what is y'alls obsession with Cammy having pants or not

kappa is going crazy over the subject too

am I the only one who doesn't give a fuck either way and cares more about the actual game?

Imagine complaining about the people complaining about something you don’t care about and thinking that you’re any less annoying than the initial group.

28 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I'm in the same boat.  Pretty much all my characters are from those games as well.  I was kind of expecting Karin to be a part of the launch roster.

That said, the new characters look really cool.  Jamie and A.K.I have my interest.  

The French and Italian newcomers caught my interest. One or both are bound to be grapplers. 

1 hour ago, Skort said:

I was laughing the whole way when people kept saying that Cammy won't be in 6 because "Cammy fatigue" and all are tired of seeing  her because she was top tier in SFV. 

This take has always confused me. Just because a character was good in one game doesn’t mean they won’t be trash in the next one. Accent Core Plus R Baiken was one of the best characters in the game. Xrd Baiken is at best mid tier. The opposite is true as well. Just because a character’s trash in one game doesn’t mean they will automatically suck in the next.

And that so called Cammy Fatigue is hilarious. If anything, devs will make sure to add in the character a lot of people use over the ones people barely use.

Edited by BornWinner
16 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Why is Blanka in the game? No one likes or plays that asshole 

Sadly he’s a WW staple and as such, is usually added as soon as possible.The one time they didn’t do this was SFV, but after that disastrous launch, they probably want to play it safe with the base roster and add the characters a lot of people recognize. 11 out of 14 of the returning cast is from SF2.

And possibly, there’s someone else other than Ono who really likes Blanka. He made it into the Fortnite crossover before Ken or Akuma.