Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

30 minutes ago, elliephil said:

A showcase cab for mvc2, with a 3rd strike header, playing st on a cps2 board. 

aladdin-jasmine.gif

I wish I could’ve had someone record for me, this was like a rainbow version of CE. The characters would just zoom across the screen from specials or just moving(Ken was able to combo a fireball with tatsu while he was full screen), fireballs will either track or go so fast you couldn’t see them, and pressing the start button would change your character mid-game. Played with someone and we almost made the game explode with how many fireballs we put on the screen.

Honda felt top tier in this version of the game. Headbutt fires off like a gun and mashing hundred hands has Honda also throw a hadoken.

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I wish I could’ve had someone record for me, this was like a rainbow version of CE. The characters would just zoom across the screen from specials or just moving(Ken was able to combo a fireball with tatsu while he was full screen), fireballs will either track or go so fast you couldn’t see them, and pressing the start button would change your character mid-game. Played with someone and we almost made the game explode with how many fireballs we put on the screen.

Honda felt top tier in this version of the game. Headbutt fires off like a gun and mashing hundred hands has Honda also throw a hadoken.

Bruh I didn't even realize that Sagat was labeled as Zangief in that picture you took. I'm crying bahahaha

Maybe the internals aren't even a cps2 but some ghetto 90s spyware tech developed under shady influence "somewhere" in East Asia 🤔 🤣 

Well, at least this time Punk has sort of a point. I don't think Luke "ruined" everything, but deliberately overtuning a character who's also really easy to use is not a god look and problematic across all ranks. 

But then again it's Punk, so he probably would have said the same thing after losing to Lucia or something.

DBFZ getting rollback as I thought, not hearing the same from Grubble was weird but the weekend aint over so maybe theres hope for them

The big deal to me though is IIRC, interviews made it out like getting rollback on ASW games made on the Xrd engine was not possible and thats why Xrd/Grubble/DBFZ couldnt do it. If this game can do it then maybe there is hopium for the hopeless...

1 hour ago, Shahenzan said:

DBFZ getting rollback as I thought, not hearing the same from Grubble was weird but the weekend aint over so maybe theres hope for them

The big deal to me though is IIRC, interviews made it out like getting rollback on ASW games made on the Xrd engine was not possible and thats why Xrd/Grubble/DBFZ couldnt do it. If this game can do it then maybe there is hopium for the hopeless...

DBFZ and GBFVS are done on Unreal Engine 4 (although a modified version), so is not like you can't implement rollback on it, since plenty of shooters running on UE4 have rollback on them.

Xrd runs on Unreal Engine 3 (same deal, a modified version), and is the same case, you have examples of games with rollback on them, like the NRS games like MK and Inj, which also have rollback on them.

What could limit a game getting rollback implemented on it is that if you don't plan it from the start, it could need a lot of reengineering to make rollback work on it, you can sort of brute force rollback on said games, but then it makes them kind of resources intensive, like what happens with Accent Core and the Samsho games on the Epic Store.

Once they implemented rollback on Strive and DnF, they can basically retrofit it into their older games, like how they did with the games that run on the Blazblue engine.

Perhaps the only outlier is Xrd, but is easy to assume that their modifications for UE4 is a iteration from what they did to UE3, so they can also retrofit it eventually, the only thing that is stopping them is that from a business point of view, it doesn't make sense to have another GG competing with Strive.

As for GBFVS, perhaps the only thing stopping it is Cygames, but seeing that they are still adding some chars to it and recently added new mechanics, I assume that they will add it eventually, hopefully sooner than later.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

DBFZ and GBFVS are done on Unreal Engine 4 (although a modified version), so is not like you can't implement rollback on it, since plenty of shooters running on UE4 have rollback on them.

Xrd runs on Unreal Engine 3 (same deal, a modified version), and is the same case, you have examples of games with rollback on them, like the NRS games like MK and Inj, which also have rollback on them.

What could limit a game getting rollback implemented on it is that if you don't plan it from the start, it could need a lot of reengineering to make rollback work on it, you can sort of brute force rollback on said games, but then it makes them kind of resources intensive, like what happens with Accent Core and the Samsho games on the Epic Store.

Once they implemented rollback on Strive and DnF, they can basically retrofit it into their older games, like how they did with the games that run on the Blazblue engine.

Perhaps the only outlier is Xrd, but is easy to assume that their modifications for UE4 is a iteration from what they did to UE3, so they can also retrofit it eventually, the only thing that is stopping them is that from a business point of view, it doesn't make sense to have another GG competing with Strive.

Oh, is that so? I thought those games were all on the same version of unreal engine, but if Xrd alone is on 3 then perhaps it is different. 

I don't think Xrd would be competing with Strive at all, they target different audiences. If anything it would maybe take from +R , BBCF or P4A players, people who want games that feel like that era of ASW. On top of that most people who play the games with the intention to compete that might even prefer Xrd to Strive would probably still choose to play mostly Strive simply because it is a current game with support, patches, official tournaments, a high level of competition, etc. Really don't think it does much besides be a general GG advertisement to have Xrd rollback. 

If anything I'd bet the reason there isn't Xrd rollback is because they don't believe the demand is there, or at least not there to degree to justify the expense. I'd love to be wrong though, it would be nice to have Xrd with good netplay

14 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

Oh, is that so? I thought those games were all on the same version of unreal engine, but if Xrd alone is on 3 then perhaps it is different. 

I don't think Xrd would be competing with Strive at all, they target different audiences. If anything it would maybe take from +R , BBCF or P4A players, people who want games that feel like that era of ASW. On top of that most people who play the games with the intention to compete that might even prefer Xrd to Strive would probably still choose to play mostly Strive simply because it is a current game with support, patches, official tournaments, a high level of competition, etc. Really don't think it does much besides be a general GG advertisement to have Xrd rollback. 

If anything I'd bet the reason there isn't Xrd rollback is because they don't believe the demand is there, or at least not there to degree to justify the expense. I'd love to be wrong though, it would be nice to have Xrd with good netplay

I disagree.

Like you said there are people that play Strive because is the most current version, and a lot people that play it consider it a divisive entry, and if they were given the option to play Xrd with rollback instead of Strive they will jump ship gladly.

Also, if Xrd were to be considered not worth pursuing to have rollback, then all the games on the BB engine will be less worth it, since they were older and some even sold less than Xrd did.

There is a demand for Xrd to have rollback, and is still getting play both in tournaments and online.

Plus, it is very likely that the rollback implemented on the UE4 games can be retrofitted into Xrd.

Like I said, the only reason why is not getting it, is because it will take players away from Strive.

Unlike AC, the game still looks modern and on par with the other ASW games, so is more easy to see it as a competition to Strive, at least for a while.

Is very likely that Xrd will get rollback, but waaaay later when Strive is on the twilight of its dev cycle.

Edit

The only ASW game I see that they don't consider adding rollback as something to pursue is Battle Fantasia, since

A) Wasn't popular even when it was new (mostly because it came out 1st on Xbox just around the corner for when SF4 released)

B) Because the game is running on its own engine, meaning that unlike the other games, it will only benefit that game

And

C) The creator left ASW long ago, so there is no one pushing for it on the company.

Which is a shame since that game is a hidden gem that more people should know about.

Too bad that its netcode is one that can be actually called bad.

Like KOF 12 bad.

Edited by Hecatom