Stage Select

Tekken 7 Thread

10 hours ago, elliephil said:

lol Maybe I'll see if I can find a cheap/free trial code online for PS plus. I haven't played Tekken a whole lot since the pandemic began so you might have a chance 😉

If you end up doing that, let me know, I'm down to mash out some games. I'm kinda enjoying playing the game casually, which is a bit of a different mindset for coming from competitive SamSho

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

If you end up doing that, let me know, I'm down to mash out some games. I'm kinda enjoying playing the game casually, which is a bit of a different mindset for coming from competitive SamSho

I have SamSho but only ever played it like once cause no one else in my area wanted to play 😞

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

I don't play the new one as much but I used to travel for 5 Special. The new one is a good intro to the series. 

5 special is on fightcade I think... maybe I'll try it out. I played Last Blade 2 a little bit ages ago (over a decade) but I'm not sure if that is even similar to SamSho lol

Edited by elliephil
45 minutes ago, elliephil said:

5 special is on fightcade I think... maybe I'll try it out. I played Last Blade 2 a little bit ages ago (over a decade) but I'm not sure if that is even similar to SamSho lol

Yes it is and you absolutely should. It's a pretty amazing game, it has so much to offer and is, in my opinion, the gem of the series, although there are some other great games in there too. If you ever want to spar once you get your bearings, I could show you some stuff if you're interested, no pressure tho. 

LB2 is a cool game, I've played it a bit, had some people tell me it wasn't quite as deep as SamSho but there are people who like it quite a lot. 

7 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Yes it is and you absolutely should. It's a pretty amazing game, it has so much to offer and is, in my opinion, the gem of the series, although there are some other great games in there too. If you ever want to spar once you get your bearings, I could show you some stuff if you're interested, no pressure tho. 

LB2 is a cool game, I've played it a bit, had some people tell me it wasn't quite as deep as SamSho but there are people who like it quite a lot. 

If I have the time, I'm always down to play something, almost anything. I've been crazy busy since the pandemic started with my job so I'm lucky if I get more than a few hours each week to play something. 

I was excited to play Last Blade 2 again on PS4. Unfortunately, that port was absolutely terrible at launch lol I think the neutral is generally the same as SamSho, maybe a little bit more aggressive at times. It kinda depends on which mode you pick for each character. Idk, I mostly played Hibiki which I think is similar to Ukyo? Is that char in 5? LOL

15 hours ago, elliephil said:

If I have the time, I'm always down to play something, almost anything. I've been crazy busy since the pandemic started with my job so I'm lucky if I get more than a few hours each week to play something. 

I was excited to play Last Blade 2 again on PS4. Unfortunately, that port was absolutely terrible at launch lol I think the neutral is generally the same as SamSho, maybe a little bit more aggressive at times. It kinda depends on which mode you pick for each character. Idk, I mostly played Hibiki which I think is similar to Ukyo? Is that char in 5? LOL

Yes Ukyo is in 5. SamSho can be pretty aggressive depending on the players and the matchup

Tekken 7 RB Kumite 2021 results for those who are interested. 2D characters still alive and well, Akuma and Geese 🙂 Good to see an irl event return, even if it is invite only.

Spoiler

Tekken 7 Last Chance Qualifier — Results

1. JDCR (Armor King)
2. ROX|Infested (Fahkumram)
3. EQNX|Joey Fury (Marduk)
4. Shadow20z (Claudio)
5. Noble|K-Wiss (Hwoarang)
5. Averiey RiB (Jin)
7. Acumajor (Bryan)
7. Joonya20z (Eliza)

Tekken 7 Pool A

1 Knee (Steve, Devil Jin, Geese) 3-0

2 Gen (Fahkumram, Lidia) 2-1

3 Anakin (JACK-7) 1-2

4 Book (Lidia, Jin) 0-3

Tekken 7 Pool A — Battle Log

• ROX|Knee (Geese) beat RB|Anakin (JACK-7) 2-0.

• DUSG|Gen (Lidia) beat Talon|Book (Jin) 2-0.

• RB|Anakin (JACK-7) beat Talon|Book (Lidia) 2-0.

• ROX|Knee (Devil Jin, Steve) beat DUSG|Gen (Lidia, Fahkumram) 2-1.

• ROX|Knee (Steve) beat Talon|Book (Lidia) 2-0.

• DUSG|Gen (Fahkumram) beat RB|Anakin (JACK-7) 2-0.

Tekken 7 Pool B

1 SuperAkouma (Akuma) 2-1

2 JDCR (Armor King, Dragunov) 2-1

3 Infested (Fahkumram) 1-2

4 CuddleCore (Xiaoyu, Alisa) 1-2

Tekken 7 Pool B — Battle Log

• JDCR (Armor King) beat ROX|Infested (Fahkumram) 2-0.

• EQNX|CuddleCore (Alisa) beat CRaZY|SuperAkouma (Akuma) 2-0.

• CRaZY|SuperAkouma (Akuma) beat JDCR (Dragunov, Armor King) 2-0.

• ROX|Infested (Fahkumram) beat EQNX|CuddleCore (Alisa) 2-0.

• CRaZY|SuperAkouma (Akuma) beat ROX|Infested (Fahkumram) 2-1.

• JDCR (Armor King) beat EQNX|CuddleCore (Xiaoyu) 2-1.

Tekken 7 Top 4 — Results

1. DUSG|Gen (Fahkumram, Lidia)
2. ROX|Knee (Steve, Devil Jin, Geese)
3. JDCR (Armor King, Dragunov)
3. CRaZY|SuperAkouma (Akuma)

Tekken 7 — Top 4 battle log

• Finals: DUSG|Gen (Fahkumram) eliminated ROX|Knee (Steve, Devil Jin) 5-2.

• Semi-finals: DUSG|Gen (Lidia) eliminated CRaZY|SuperAkouma (Akuma) 4-2.

• Semi-finals: ROX|Knee (Geese) eliminated JDCR (Armor King) 4-0.

source: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2021/nov/12/red-bull-kumite-us-results/

Edited by elliephil
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Pair of Rooks said:

What was the reveal about?  Kazuyas face...

Tekken 1 remastered, or...?

I'd say it was just Harada & crew trolling people who actually thought there would be any sort of substantial info concerning T8 at the tourney.  I'd be surprised if anything is revealed about the next game before the end of the year & personally don't know why there should be any rush.  Folks might as well keep asking for Tekken X Street Fighter, lol.

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 5:24 AM, Mattatsu said:

Been playing T7 for the last few days and am really liking it.

are they any other Tekken newbs that wanna press some buttons sometime? I have it on PS4 and PC.

I think that by this point I should say that I am open to play any fg on ps4/ps5 with the exception of Infinite and Strive 😅

We can try run some matches some day this week if you want, I am not really good at it, since I have not played in quite a while

On 9/14/2022 at 8:32 AM, HeavensCloud said:

I thought so too. It looks the same as 7.

It looks significantly better, particularly in terms of character models. The only issues I see is that this stage is so heavy in particle and rain effects that it just destroys any kind of compressed footage we've seen so far. And the other issue are the animations, because Tekken character have been moving in the same way for decades now and that obviously always makes new games look less, well, new.

But just from a technical standpoint it's still a big step forward. It's just that Tekken is kind of stuck in a specific style and art-direction, so they're approaching the area of diminishing returns in what they can do with it.

• 4 months later...