Stage Select

Transformers Thread

Great Cybertron! We have a Transformers thread?  I've been missing out.

Well, I've been amassing a collection of T-formers over the last month or so. I used to own some G1 figures as a kid but I have none of those anymore. Among the figures I've bought, I have a few from the War for Cybertron line, which are really freaking nice figures. Good plastic and nice articulation. For the first time ever, I have an Optimus Prime. Would love a G1 prime but as much as I love G1 Prime, I can't break the bank to get one, so I'm getting used to Prime figures without the trailer. The 3 inch Prime figure I have is from the Legacy line. The Hot Rod, Megatron and Soundwave are all from the War for Cybertron line.

As much as I love Transformers, I was never good at transforming them into vehicles. The more steps they have, the more I struggle to transform them. Soundwave is the exception. I like Prime and Megatron in bot mode anyway.

I started watching Netflix' War for Cybertron trilogy. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I miss Frank Welker and Peter Cullen as Megatron and Prime but the new VAs do a really good job. 

I ordered season one of Beast Wars off Amazon. Gonna have to find a way to watch seasons 2 and 3 without forking over $150 for those.

This may have been posted before but I just found out about this RC Prime and I am SO in love with him.

So the Kingdom portion of War for Cybertron Trilogy has Maximals and Predicons. My binge of G1 has filled me on some of the other characters like Eilita 1 (got my girl on pre-order so she'll be at my door in early December) and Moonracer as well as Jetfire. But I know nothing of Beast Wars so I'm a bit lost. I  do like what I've seen of Maximals and Predicons, though. Being animals, they can climb certain terrain better than the Autobots.

One of my favorite things about the War for Cybertron Trilogy is how it portrays Prime as a leader filled with doubt and regret. I can't recall a time I've ever seen him like this.

So what do you all think of the Armada, Energon and Cyberton series? I'm thinking of giving them a watch.

I've been wanting to check out the Marvel Comics Transformers after hearing how some of it influenced the G1 show. I had no idea Denny O' Neil was the one who came up with the name Optimus Prime.

I've been binging Chris McFeely's THE BASICS videos.  Super informative. I love Transformers and it amazes me how little I know about something that was a huge part of my childhood. 

I went to Walmnart and Target the other day and found a Blaster and Skids from the Legacy line. I already ordered  a Skids off Amazon so I bought Skids for my Nephew. Blaster looks sick AF. Amazon actually has a G1 Blaster reissue and he looks stiff and bulky. I'll still get him if I get the chance though.

Finally opened up my steel book of Transformers the Movie. Bang up job they did remastering this classic. After binging the first two seasons of G1, the movie hits a bit different for me than when I first saw it. The slaughter of the Autobots on the shuttle on the way to Earth was Instruments of Destruction plays had me feeling things. My boy Ironhide getting hit with that point blank blast from Megatron HURT.

Watched the first two episodes of Transformers Prime. Acree's design is SO GOOD. Megatron's red eyes have never looked more menacing and why didn't anyone tell me Starscream was voiced by Steve Blum?! His design is also nightmare fuel. Not sure how I feel about prime's face mask opening up. Maybe it'll grow on me.

On 8/18/2022 at 5:37 PM, Grimmjow316 said:

This may be the best thing they could have done to a thing that turns into nothing 🤣.

5 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Finally opened up my steel book of Transformers the Movie. Bang up job they did remastering this classic. After binging the first two seasons of G1, the movie hits a bit different for me than when I first saw it. The slaughter of the Autobots on the shuttle on the way to Earth was Instruments of Destruction plays had me feeling things. My boy Ironhide getting hit with that point blank blast from Megatron HURT.

The only thnig that I wish they did better for that movie was a remix of the audio track. In 5.1, most stuff is still coming out of the center channel if I recall. 

5 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Watched the first two episodes of Transformers Prime. Acree's design is SO GOOD. Megatron's red eyes have never looked more menacing and why didn't anyone tell me Starscream was voiced by Steve Blum?! His design is also nightmare fuel. Not sure how I feel about prime's face mask opening up. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Prime is an impressively done series. I'll be honest though, in Season 1, Cullen's take on Prime is my least favorite version.  He sounds bored 90% of the time. The rest of the cast is great.  

Coronation Starscream got a Studio Series figure. Even though Coronation Starscream was a thing for like 3 seconds before Megatron turned into ashes. (Still one of my favorite scenes from Transformers: The Movie) I'm all about Starscream but where is my G1 Grimlock in an apron? If Coronation Starscream can be immortalized why not Grimlock in an apron?!

And can we get some Transformers Animated figures in the Legacy line?

17 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

Coronation Starscream got a Studio Series figure. Even though Coronation Starscream was a thing for like 3 seconds before Megatron turned into ashes. (Still one of my favorite scenes from Transformers: The Movie) I'm all about Starscream but where is my G1 Grimlock in an apron? If Coronation Starscream can be immortalized why not Grimlock in an apron?!

And can we get some Transformers Animated figures in the Legacy line?

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Grimlock_(G1)/toys#Masterpiece

The Masterpiece Grimlock from 2009 or so had the apron. But it is probably hard to find now for a decent price.

It was originally $90 then.

Finished Transformers Animated. It might just be my favorite Transformers series. I so wish it had gotten a 4th season.

I'm 7 episodes into Transformers Prime.  Animated helped me get used to Optimus not having his face mask on at all times. Speaking of which, I SO want a TFP Optimus figure. 

Would love to show my Transformer haul but I can't post pictures for some reason. I scored some good deals in a Walmart clearance section with a Rhinox and Tigatron War for Cybertron Kingdom figures for $21 each.

So I had Transformers Legacy Prime Universe Knock-Out on pre-order for months. It was supposed to be released on December 1st. Apparently Hasbro decided to release this figure on September 17th instead. I was surprised to come home and see the package from Amazon. I had two Knock-Outs on pre-order. I realized months ago that I accidentally pre-ordered a second one. I decided to keep the second one so I could give it to my nephew for Christmas.  

I got Studio Series Transformers: The Movie Ratchet.  Nice to have a G1-looking Ratchet. Excepct I can't look at him without being reminded of how he got DESTROYED in the Movie.

I also got a Studio Series Wheelie for the $12 and not some $30 plus he was selling on Amazon for months. Wheelie is far from being a favorite of mine, but for the price and design, I thought, eh, why not?

16 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Anybody gonna be at TFCon this weekend?

https://www.tfcon.com/

TFcon-Chicago-2022-Peter-Cullen-1140x599

I am going to shed at least one tear of joy this weekend 🤣

I lived near Hyde Park which is closer to Midway airport about 10 years ago  so I'm not that familiar with the convention area.

For food .

1) If you want to try deep dish pizza, try Lou Malnatis esp the classic. There's one 5 miles from the Crowne plaza where tfcon is.

It takes 45 minutes to make each pizza.

2) Molly Cupcakes if you want a small dessert.

There is one on Harlem avenue (I used to go to the one on Clark Street when I was there)

3) if you want to eat a lot of meat dishes, try Khan BBQ on Devon Street. It is in "Indian town"

I would recommend tandoori chicken, kebabs, chicken boti.

It is owned by Pakistani Muslims so there is no alcohol or pork dishes there. 

Their strengths are grilled meats and their breads/curried are solid. 

This isn't like American BBQ despite the name. It is meat cooked in Indian spices no bbq sauce is used. This is about 10 miles from Crown Plaza.

4) Toro Sushi on Clark.

Shoebox sized place and very popular but some of the freshest sushi I've had.

These were some of my favorite places when I was there.