Stage Select

Transformers Thread

Some sad news to report.....

https://tformers.com/beast-wars-writer-larry-ditillio-passes-away-at-age-79/34887/news.html

Mr. Larry DiTillio , one of the  main writers/story editors for Beast Wars, has passed away at 79.

Along with Bob Forward, DiTillio was one of the story editors on Beast Wars: Transformers, the celebrated animated series that brought in an entire generation of new fans and introduced a variety of ideas and characters into the Transformers that have persisted to this day. DiTillio and Forward also engaged the fandom on the alt.toys.transformers newsgroup and drew inspiration from their dialogue there to tie Beast Wars more directly to the original Transformers stories. Their effect on Transformers as a whole cannot be overstated.

“When a spark comes online, there is great joy. When one is extinguished, the universe weeps”

13 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Some sad news to report.....

https://tformers.com/beast-wars-writer-larry-ditillio-passes-away-at-age-79/34887/news.html

Mr. Larry DiTillio , one of the  main writers/story editors for Beast Wars, has passed away at 79.

“When a spark comes online, there is great joy. When one is extinguished, the universe weeps”

That's too bad.  Even back then I thought the show was super ugly, but I always thought the story was pretty good.  Then the rat grew wheels and it got weird...

I didn't watch BW when it came out. I generally don't like CG animation much (I have seen only 6 cg films since Toy Story 1)

However it was in Netflix a few years ago and I watched it and liked it for the character and story.

G1 was one if the first things I ever watched as a toddler along with Sesame Street GIJOE, Knight Rider,and A team. So it will always be close to me.

haha, it also reminds me of the Voltron situation... yes I found out later on that the "car version" was apparently first, but I still don't care...when I was a kid, one day we had the Lions version, then suddenly it was vehicles....and I was sitting there like...".is this the right show?  Why are they calling this "Voltron"?  This shit isn't the real Voltron, man...

lol.  I saw that car voltron ONCE on the screen and never again.  I didn't find out until years later that I wasn't sick and that nobody spiked the apple juice on me.  Fortunately, it was ONLY the one time and we all pushed that nonsense out of our minds. 

EDIT:  Just look at this shit. Jump to 10:40 and cringe till your teeth crack.

"You see this fist?  Yeah baby.................'78 Trans Am.  I got a pair of Volvos for feet.  Diesel of course.  Two Chevys in the back because I like it like that.  I know it's like a gallon and a half per step, but that just how we roll."  TFOH.  Lions for life.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
On 3/24/2019 at 10:14 AM, MillionX said:

haha, it also reminds me of the Voltron situation... yes I found out later on that the "car version" was apparently first, but I still don't care...when I was a kid, one day we had the Lions version, then suddenly it was vehicles....and I was sitting there like...".is this the right show?  Why are they calling this "Voltron"?  This shit isn't the real Voltron, man...

That's because they used the tried-and-true 80s tactic of smashing together multiple unrelated anime series and giving it all a new name.

The 80s really poisoned the well for some franchises.  The proper versions can never be brought over now because the localized/bastardized versions exist and still tie up the copyrights.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been pondering over pre-ordering Fans Toys Quietus. On one hand, I hate the repaint practice but, on the other, I passed on him and Sovereign the first time and kind of regret it. My guess is they'll probably do a repaint of Sovereign next, who is extremely hard to come across now.

Edited by Zero
2 hours ago, Zero said:

I've been pondering over pre-ordering Fans Toys Quietus. On one hand, I hate the repaint practice but, on the other, I passed on him and Sovereign the first time and kind of regret it. My guess is they'll probably do a repaint of Sovereign next, who is extremely hard to come across now.

Third party toys are where all the cool stuff is at. 😎