Stage Select

Transformers Thread

SDCC news 

There was not much new stuff since there was a reveal a month ago.

1) SIEGE Ratchet is coming later this year as a Walgreens exclusive in America.

siege-ratchet-official-renders-01-jpg.28

siege-ratchet-official-renders-02-jpg.28

2)  SIEGE Rainmakers boxset is a Target exclusive and features those 3 Decepticon Jets who made Acid Rain in the G1 Season 1 Episode "Divide and Conquer"   $80

IMG_5387.png

3)  "Galactc Man" Repaint of SIEGE Shockwave  (aka Black Shockwave)

He will be available on online specialty toy sites.

DSC02935.jpg

4) SIEGE Ratbat and  Frenzy/Rumble cassettes

DSC01942.jpg

DSC01943.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

To mark the 35th anniversary, Takara has released a Masterpiece Optimus Prime version 3.0. It is roughly the same size as the previous one at 9.5 inches. It has a trailer and a lot of accessories. It is significantly more cartoon accurate than all the previous ones which makes it less detailed in vehicle mode.It  is VERY expensive at $450. (A lot of people got it for $325 from Amazon Japan as a pre-order.)

Here is a very detailed and long review from one of the biggest TF YouTubers.

Edited by DangerousJ
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, since it's October I already started occasionally checking for those Optimus and Megatron figures that have the cel-shade cartoon G1 look... not there so far; actually it just hit me that was the lame Walmart so I should check again at our REAL Walmart 😆....but yeah I did see 2 of Soundwave's cassettes--- Ravage and Rumble in 1 pack....but it was 20 bucks which kinda seemed questionable in price, imo.  I could see paying that for Soundwave himself or any of the other normal-sized characters, but for 2 of the little cassette guys and nothing else?  Ehhhh not so sure about that...perhaps when I have excess cash on me and I'm in more of a spending/collecting mood I'll get that...  the Optimus and Megatron will be snatched up IMMEDIATELY whenever I see them though.  I'd like it if they did all the old characters like that; just make it a whole line--- my priorities would be Skywarp and probably the other jets, DEFINITELY the Insecticon crew, and Blitzwing once again (haha and I already have 2 Blitzwings!  I have the original and that newer big one Ollie's was selling last year; still in package, btw; if they had 2 I would've bought a 2nd one and opened it.)...and Jazz, Shockwave, Galvatron...oooh and Sideswipe and Sunstreaker for sure.  

Since Hasbro seems to be going balls deep with so many store exclusives , things can get confusing.

Here is a list of the various exclusives and stores that I know about personally in the USA.

Walmart

G1 Soundwave

G1 Rumble/Ravage

G1 Laserbeak/Frenzy

35th Anniversary Cel-shaded SIEGE  Optimus Prime 

35th Anniversary Cel-Shaded  SIEGE Megatron

SIEGE  Bluestreak

SIEGE Soundblaster  (black/red Soundwave with bigger titties)

Walgreens

SIEGE Ratchet

Amazon

SIEGE Skywarp set (comes with 3 targetmasters)

SIEGE G2 Sideswipe set  (comes with Slamdance and 1 targetmaster)

HasbroPulse.com

SIEGE Smokescreen

Edited by DangerousJ
  • 2 weeks later...