Stage Select

Transformers Thread

Does anyone have a release calendar for the kingdom figures? I just got a release notice for Paleotrex. I have Vertebreak and Rattrap on preorder too but with holidays being soon and being on a much stricter income I don’t want to get them right now. 

side bar: does anyone know exactly how big bad toy stores pile of loot system works? Cause I have the three figures in question preordered with them. Among other things as well. 

Edited by iStu X

BBTS has Paleotrex listed as availalble now, even though most shops seem to put it at February?

Vertebreak and Rattrap seem to be coming out in March (According to Hasbropulse and BBTS)

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron-kingdom-deluxe-wfc-k7-paleotrex

Paleotrex - February 2021

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron-kingdom-core-class-wfc-k3-vertebreak

Vertebreak - March 2021

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron-kingdom-core-class-wfc-k2-rattrap

Rattrap- March 2021

I have not used Pile of Loot, but according to users on TFW2005.com, it groups all those items you pre-ordered together, waits until ALL are in stock, then ships it to you in one big package so as to save money on shipping costs. 

In your case, Im assuming you will only have to pay once in March since you put those 3 figures in your loot pile and the releases are staggered.

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Does anyone have a release calendar for the kingdom figures? I just got a release notice for Paleotrex. I have Vertebreak and Rattrap on preorder too but with holidays being soon and being on a much stricter income I don’t want to get them right now. 

side bar: does anyone know exactly how big bad toy stores pile of loot system works? Cause I have the three figures in question preordered with them. Among other things as well. 

Pretty much how Dangerous J put it, I’ve used it multiple times and have never had any issues. Before they set limits I had some items sitting on there for over a year needless to say when I finally had them sent the boxes were freaking huge but they took care of placing the figures and non were damaged.

15 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Pretty much how Dangerous J put it, I’ve used it multiple times and have never had any issues. Before they set limits I had some items sitting on there for over a year needless to say when I finally had them sent the boxes were freaking huge but they took care of placing the figures and non were damaged.

Aight, cool. It won’t ship out until like august for me then cause I also have some Nendoroids on preorder (god my hobbies are too fucking expensive) 

1 minute ago, iStu X said:

That’s not bad considering some of the prices I’ve seen for MP’s 

Pre-order them as soon as they come out. For whatever reason, the Japanese retailers offer 30% off once they open. This continues usually up through release day (although the discount may slide to 20%). MP-44 (Optimus Prime) has an MSRP of 450. I paid $320 shipped via Amazon Japan. Got here in 3 days. I have zero reason to buy from a domestic retailer on MPs at this point. 

Just now, OPTIMUS124 said:

Pre-order them as soon as they come out. For whatever reason, the Japanese retailers offer 30% off once they open. This continues usually up through release day (although the discount may slide to 20%). MP-44 (Optimus Prime) has an MSRP of 450. I paid $320 shipped via Amazon Japan. Got here in 3 days. I have zero reason to buy from a domestic retailer on MPs at this point. 

What Japanese retailer(s) do you go to? 

5 minutes ago, iStu X said:

What Japanese retailer(s) do you go to? 

I use AmiAmi, HobbyLinkJapan, and Amazon Japan. Amazon is the one i have used most recently. They wind up being the cheapest overall. If you have the Amazon App, it'll translate everything into English for you when you switch regions. You will need to create a separate account for that region. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
26 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I use AmiAmi, HobbyLinkJapan, and Amazon Japan. Amazon is the one i have used most recently. They wind up being the cheapest overall. If you have the Amazon App, it'll translate everything into English for you when you switch regions. You will need to create a separate account for that region. 

Oh yeah, I know about the regional changing in Amazon. It’s how I’ve gotten a lot of amiibo that were retail exclusive here in the states 

I haven’t used Amiami in a long ass time. I know of HobbyLink but I’ve never used them

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I plan to check it out at some point. I found the last part exceptionally mediocre so I am in no rush to watch it. 

What made you think it was mediocre? 

A couple things bug me like why do they have vehicle modes already... Thought that came after coming to earth. Also the voice acting direction for Optimus and megatron. They sound so uninspired it was weird 

13 hours ago, Maxx said:

What made you think it was mediocre? 

A couple things bug me like why do they have vehicle modes already... Thought that came after coming to earth. Also the voice acting direction for Optimus and megatron. They sound so uninspired it was weird 

Most of the things you mentioned along with telling instead of showing. They had so much backstory in the first part that was expository, it could have been it's own chapter. You also have the constant reuse of models and moments where running just doesn't make sense. The thing about Prime and Megs voice actors are that they are both better in other things. Hell, Jason Marnocha (Megatron) was the only good thing to come out of the Machinima web series. The one thing that I'd have to push back on is the use of vehicle modes. Even in the G1 cartoon, they had alt modes prior to coming to Earth. 

7defaebbe5ae0b0895e9328b57c1fb58.gif

PertinentWelllitArabianwildcat-size_rest

New MP Announced - Skids

https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/12/31/transformers-masterpiece-skids-revealed-426841#images

8 hours ago, Grimmjow316 said:

It would be nice if they branched out and had a mini-series on the Wreckers.

I honestly would love to see a series that branches away from a G1 adjacent story. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
8 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Most of the things you mentioned along with telling instead of showing. They had so much backstory in the first part that was expository, it could have been it's own chapter. You also have the constant reuse of models and moments where running just doesn't make sense. The thing about Prime and Megs voice actors are that they are both better in other things. Hell, Jason Marnocha (Megatron) was the only good thing to come out of the Machinima web series. The one thing that I'd have to push back on is the use of vehicle modes. Even in the G1 cartoon, they had alt modes prior to coming to Earth. 

7defaebbe5ae0b0895e9328b57c1fb58.gif

PertinentWelllitArabianwildcat-size_rest

New MP Announced - Skids

https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/12/31/transformers-masterpiece-skids-revealed-426841#images

I honestly would love to see a series that branches away from a G1 adjacent story. 

Alternative vehicle modes is fine but why is Optimus still a semi truck and megatron a tank? Just seems weird if they haven't come to earth yet 

• 3 weeks later...

Gamestop is running a promo for collectibles. If you spend $100+ you get 25% off (applied at checkout).

MP Thundercracker is on there sooooooo

https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectibles/collectibles/figures/products/transformers-thundercraker-masterpiece-action-figure/11114202.html

I'll admit, it's likely that the pre-orders will be cancelled since the delivery is "next week". However, if not, this is glorious. 

I still have my preorder in elsewhere just in case. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
On 1/22/2021 at 7:14 PM, Grimmjow316 said:

I know I shouldn’t fall for this but I’ll probably get him.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/01/19/war-for-cybertron-deep-cover-in-hand-images-427535#images

EsJEDeoVcAQRUsw.jpeg

I am honestly surprised there was never an MP repaint of this guy. We got Clampdown but not this one. 

On 1/22/2021 at 8:29 PM, DangerousJ said:

I had the predaking one for years when I got my second laptop.

Guido Guidi is one of my favorite TF artists.

Guidi was on the design team for Transformers: Devastation. While he is definitely one of my favorite artist, my #1 is easily Don Figueroa. 

DW_20th_Anniversary_Lithograph_image.jpg

TFvol1_1cvrB.jpg

BWAscending_1_cover.jpg

46f41bee63434c14d503d71cb73b1eb7.jpg

My man could practically draw any era and aesthetic with ease.