Stage Select

The One Piece Thread: Gear 4th!!!

50 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

The wording makes it sound like the past 25 years have meant little to nothing until now. 🤣

But in all seriousness At MINIMUM we're looking at 3 years more before the end. I assume 5 to wrap up everything in time for the 30th anniversary 

Yeah it struck me weird that he told that new readers can start reading from this part. What about your hard work for the past 25 years? lol

11 hours ago, Sacr3D said:

Yeah it struck me weird that he told that new readers can start reading from this part. What about your hard work for the past 25 years? lol

Nah, that was smart.  Guy wants maximum eyeballs on his magnum opus, so the last thing he wants is to gatekeep with 25 years of required prior reading.

Anybody getting hooked now is going to end up wanting to consume most of the prior arcs later anyway.  Like how my wife got hooked on Better Call Saul before she went back and actually watched Breaking Bad.

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/3821/one-piece-chapter-1054

Spoiler

Shanks:

• Looks like Shanks has been playing the long game.  I wouldn't be surprised if he knows Laugh Tale's location in his heydays with Roger. 
  • I wonder if Shanks let his arm get bit off on purpose. The smile he had during the panel makes me think that.
  • Shanks prolly let the other emperor's clash so no one can really stand in his way except BB and ... Luffy depending on his ultimate agenda...
  • The Gomu Gomu No Mi (Hito Hito No Mi) was definitely targeted by Shanks. The flashback seems to solidify this.
  • He's giving me last boss vibes...

Sabo:

• Something tells me that Cobra didn't get assassinated by Sabo. We know how good the World Gov can cover up stuff. The Celestial Dragons also seem to have pure jurisdiction over the Marines in the Holy Land.
  • Interesting that he's getting more recognition than Dragon and is even considered as a god now.
  • Vivi is probably with Sabo and knows the whole story

In any case Luffy seems to be in the middle of everything since he's connected with practically every major player. War is upon us!

Edited by Sacr3D

I don't know how Luffy is going to go chasing the One Piece and also going to show up for the revolution storyline.  I think the revolution is likely to be side-story material until the story threads finally pull back together near the end of the series.

Edited by Reticently
Just now, Maxx said:

Sooo im reading about a theory that shanks is actually a badguy.. Thoughts on this? 

Wouldn't be completely surprised, we all have been hyping Blackbeard or mystery Celestial Dragon connected Noble enemy but in the end wouldn't it be more impactful if Shanks is the final opponent Luffy has to defeat I order to achieve his dream?

2 hours ago, Wellman said:

Wouldn't be completely surprised, we all have been hyping Blackbeard or mystery Celestial Dragon connected Noble enemy but in the end wouldn't it be more impactful if Shanks is the final opponent Luffy has to defeat I order to achieve his dream?

Shanks knew what the fruit was and its true nature. He also seems to know where the one piece is. It seems like they are headed into eachother, also him not wanting to see luffy is suspect 

2 hours ago, Wellman said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Despite Momo saying otherwise his exact reason for Yamato to not fight is the exact reason I think Yamato stays in Wano when the crew leaves.

Spoiler

I hope Yamato joins the crew.  Especially as the token parallel to Oden. 

The crew is dropping all the samurai characters who have been trucking along with them for years of real time at this point.  Plenty of room in the story to add a new face or two.  Particularly because this last part of the journey is probably going to require more heavy hitters to keep the Strawhats credible given the types they're going to be going up against.  The OG crew is great, but it's also going to be a numbers game.

Spoiler

There  are too many hints and too much emphasis on Yamato joining. I'm 99% sure it will happen. And Yamato needs to finish what Oden started his whole legacy depends on it. Feels like Oden also part of the solution to whatever happened at Laugh Tale.

1 hour ago, Sacr3D said:

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/3934/one-piece-chapter-1056

Hide contents

Bruh, what the fuck did Buggy do???

Spoiler

The memes the internet made of Buggy foretold of the moment when he becomes legendary. But to have Crocodile AND Mihawk? Some alliance/deals were made to have his own ver of the warlords since the Government dropped it. 

- Wow Shinobu now really is a mature hottie 👀

- Unless some twist happens, seems that Yamato is going to be our next member of the crew

- Carrot to now lead Zou and the Minks eh? wasn't expecting that but ok sure? 

6 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:
Spoiler

- Carrot to now lead Zou and the Minks eh? wasn't expecting that but ok sure?

I think that was the easiest way for Oda to rotate her out of the crew.  Kind of hard to imagine her dropping the chance to keep sailing on with them just to go back home and be like, a subsistence farmer or some shit.

Shame though, because I thought she was a nice value add to the cast as a minor character who could occasionally punch above her weight if the storyline needed the crew to come up with another B+ tier fighter.

Great chapter.

Spoiler

I knew Kin'emon was dumb but lucky but damn this chapter drives it home.

Also why is that fool Caribou not dead yet? One of the worst things about the New World even if he partially helped saved Luffy this past arc. Now he once again gets info on another ancient weapon which means he will still have more to do with the story. Ugh!

I have to wonder who's idea this was, between Croc or Mihawk, it is obvious they are using Buggy as a rep shield.

On 8/3/2022 at 2:36 PM, Reticently said:

Honestly, the anime for OP has always been hit-or-miss for me.  I mostly only hunt down the episodes with specific fights or scenes rather than trying to slog through it.

Yes Zoro's Kyuutoru "Jest of the Dead" attack was soooo overdone in the anime that the impact of the strike felt less cool.

I've been gone for a while because I got a new laptop and couldn't remember my password. -_-

Anyway the recap...

I liked that Yamato got to prove his mettle to his compatriots and gain some self-confidence. I liked that Green Bull showed heightened defenses towards obvious weaknesses like fire, and the scene of the Monster Trio casually relaxing to the scene, confident in their skills was god tier flexing. Which leads me to a minor gripe about the latest chapter, I don't think Carrot's appointment into being the leader of the Minks is well-earned as she has shown no prior interest, made no exceptional sacrifices compared to her peers nor any intrinsic leadership qualities. The contrast between Momo's and Carrot's journey makes this even more apparent. But it is what it is...

Most importantiy... I've been calling Shanks a "Haki God"  for years, and the fact that he could send his Conquerors Haki directly to Green Bull who got shook by it enough to get the hint. *bows*

Sabo and the Revolutionaries wrecking shop, which makes me wonder what Dragon is doing? I feel like he might have his own solitary agenda. I always speculated his fury has to be about what happened with Luffy's mother, who I wouldn't be surprised is/was a Tenryuubito.

Also Oda promised us Vegapunk's reveal after Wano was over, as well as the full explanation of what Devil Fruits are and how they work. It's funny how Vegapunk thought Momonosuke DF was a failure when it's pretty much an X-Copy of Kaido's in almost every way. 

1 hour ago, *.:White ShadoW:.* said:

Also Oda promised us Vegapunk's reveal after Wano was over, as well as the full explanation of what Devil Fruits are and how they work. It's funny how Vegapunk thought Momonosuke DF was a failure when it's pretty much an X-Copy of Kaido's in almost every way. 

Vegapunk: This is a failure, abandon the experiment.

Assistant: But sir! All the test seem to indicate a success?

Vegapunk: I wanted a RED dragon, this one is probably pink.