Stage Select

Fighting Game General

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fighting EX Layer is $10 on Steam unit 0ctober 7th. I just picked it up. I already have it on PS4 and barely play. It's more to support Arika than anything else. Game feels solid. Classic inputs aren't lenient. It's like player older SF games in that regard and takes some getting used with how lax things have gotten in modern titles.

Side note: That doesn't include Terry Bogard. He's $5 DLC but I think that's fair. I know SNK didn't give him up for free.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

From the latest Yakuza trailer, VF5FS has officially found its way onto three generations of consoles. 

I’ve never played a Yakuza game but I have no idea what it’s supposed to be lol. Is it like an adventure game with a bunch of mini games inside it?

1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

Is it like an adventure game

In the past it was a 3D beat-em-up with RPG elements. It has an open world between missions that you are free to dick around and do whatever you want in Kamurocho/Osaka depending on the game. There's bars with karaoke, billiards, lady fights you bet on, and arcades with arcade games you can play. 

Also, roughly 7,000 places to eat. 

This new one is gonna be a turn based game, from what I've gathered, but it'll still have all the wacky side stuff 

7 hours ago, Scanman said:

Just popping in here to say: I cannot believe I was actually dumb enough to buy Granblue Fantasy vs.

low character count, lots of DLC, and probably the worst netcode this side of Samsho.

I was fooled!

Samsho has good netcode if you're on fiber. If you aren't, then I could see how it's dodgy, but I've had good experiences with it and really only a handful of truly bad matches.

4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Samsho has good netcode if you're on fiber. If you aren't, then I could see how it's dodgy, but I've had good experiences with it and really only a handful of truly bad matches.

No it wasn't dude. Terrible delay netcode and a lobby system that is actually borked.

1 hour ago, Scanman said:

No it wasn't dude. Terrible delay netcode and a lobby system that is actually borked.

It's probably the best delay netcode that's every existed. I had a good experience with the netcode, so I can't speak to why you didn't, and it seems like I'm in the minority in that respect but it worked well for me. I'll agree with you about the lobby system though.

Edited by DoctaMario
14 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

it seems like I'm in the minority in that respect

Yeah, no shade, but you very much are. Shamsho has been one of my most miserable online experiences. I'm not sure if I ever got more than a handful of matches were there wasn't a few hiccups. 

29 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Yeah, no shade, but you very much are. Shamsho has been one of my most miserable online experiences. I'm not sure if I ever got more than a handful of matches were there wasn't a few hiccups. 

Yeah it definitely seems tired to Japanese isps and geography. 

Conversely, the netcode for SamSho5Sp is easily the best netcode I've ever used. Even on my Vita on wifi, I was able to get solid connections to Japanese players with few if any hiccups. That netcode is some fucking devilry and it's awesome! The game is better than SS7 too!

On 10/6/2020 at 10:21 PM, DoctaMario said:

It's probably the best delay netcode that's every existed. I had a good experience with the netcode, so I can't speak to why you didn't, and it seems like I'm in the minority in that respect but it worked well for me. I'll agree with you about the lobby system though.

90% of my connections are great, even with friends on japan while i am in central america. 

Saying that, i would never call it the best delay netcode that ever existed, quite the contrary. 

Is a terribad one, not the worst , but certainly not good. 

Is really easy to get desynched and drop the connection. 

Its saving grace is that due the nature of the game, it is not terrible impacted by the netcode. 

But if you have a garbage infrastructure like in the usa, your experience will be very mixed. 

6 hours ago, Hecatom said:

90% of my connections are great, even with friends on japan while i am in central america. 

Saying that, i would never call it the best delay netcode that ever existed, quite the contrary. 

Is a terribad one, not the worst , but certainly not good. 

Is really easy to get desynched and drop the connection. 

Its saving grace is that due the nature of the game, it is not terrible impacted by the netcode. 

But if you have a garbage infrastructure like in the usa, your experience will be very mixed. 

I honestly can't think of a game that has better delay netcode especially with the ability to reach as far as Japan. ISPs are a factor too, you can have a decent speedtest trying but if your ISP sucks, you'll still get crummy connections. 

That said, I'd rather play someone with a crappy connection using delay netcode then rollback. Rollback is the absolute worst of the connection isn't good. 

14 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I honestly can't think of a game that has better delay netcode especially with the ability to reach as far as Japan. ISPs are a factor too, you can have a decent speedtest trying but if your ISP sucks, you'll still get crummy connections. 

That said, I'd rather play someone with a crappy connection using delay netcode then rollback. Rollback is the absolute worst of the connection isn't good. 

I would say any of the ASW games not named BattleFantasia shit on the samsho netcode.

And this comes not from just playing, but doing tests with friends alonegise both latin america and other continents.

For starters, i can play, well with friends in colombia in DBFZ, GG, BB, BBTAG, GBFVS, etc but i cant lay with them at all in samsho without having desynchs that end disconnecting us.

I can play with some in Mexico, but the connection is inconsistent.

And playing with some friends on USA has been also a similar experience, despite having more consistent and better connections on other games.

Like i say, is not the worst, but is certainly not the best.

But at least is much better than KOVXIII and KOFXIV

23 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

hmm now  I think you're going insane

Edited by rukawa_kaede
1 minute ago, rukawa_kaede said:

hmm now  I think you're going insane

Gonna be honest.

What some folks call playable on rollback is as garbage as bad delay.

Having your opponent teleporting every 1 or 2 seconds is not playable, yet some morons claim it to be better than having a match with barely any delay just because is rollback.

Fuck that shit

15 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Gonna be honest.

What some folks call playable on rollback is as garbage as bad delay.

Having your opponent teleporting every 1 or 2 seconds is not playable, yet some morons claim it to be better than having a match with barely any delay just because is rollback.

Fuck that shit

why would i even care about rollbacks when all i'm trying to do is to land this combo which if done properly most likely will work in an actual match in person?!

delay fucking sucks in the other hand.. hey i know Jump K won't land because there's lag so i must buffer it before it connects: online tactics

4 minutes ago, rukawa_kaede said:

why would i even care about rollbacks when all i'm trying to do is to land this combo which if done properly most likely will work in an actual match in person?!

delay fucking sucks in the other hand.. hey i know Jump K won't land because there's lag so i must buffer it before it connects: online tactics

Because having rollbacks at every fucking second is as bad as having a fucking delay.

Is as unplayable, a bad connection be rollback or be delay is some bullshit garbage to have.

"I fucking landed the hit confirm into super" jokes on you, rollback into you getting hit.

Hell yeah, i managed to start the combo, though luck, rollback into dropped shit.

Rollback is good to masquerade bad connections and help in situations where delay strugles, but even with rollbakc you have  plenty of times that is as bad as delay, and with the added bonus of having an anti catharsis factor to it that is why the vast majority outside of the fgc dislike it, since they feel the game is glitching every time a rollback happens.

I have seen unplayable messes that niggas claim were playable, just because of all the times they had rllbacks, 1 or twice they managed to land a misserable combo.

17 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I would say any of the ASW games not named BattleFantasia shit on the samsho netcode.

And this comes not from just playing, but doing tests with friends alonegise both latin america and other continents.

For starters, i can play, well with friends in colombia in DBFZ, GG, BB, BBTAG, GBFVS, etc but i cant lay with them at all in samsho without having desynchs that end disconnecting us.

I can play with some in Mexico, but the connection is inconsistent.

And playing with some friends on USA has been also a similar experience, despite having more consistent and better connections on other games.

Like i say, is not the worst, but is certainly not the best.

But at least is much better than KOVXIII and KOFXIV

I've only played BB and Xrd but while the netcode was good, I wouldn't say it was any better than SamSho really. Samsho is kind of a spongy feeling game so even when the connection is good, the game doesn't feel as snappy as an ASW game or even earlier SamShos.  Tbh it's one of the things I don't like as much about it.