Stage Select

Fighting Game Lounge

On 11/2/2022 at 9:19 AM, Hecatom said:

Speaking of fighting game monsters, I picked up that Omen Of Sorrow game last week and have been playing it single player. This far it seems pretty simple and relatively pick-up-and-play but I could be missing something. I like the vibe of it and the characters, setting, and music are really well done. It also has cross play so if anyone wants to mess around with it sometime, let me know

8 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Speaking of fighting game monsters, I picked up that Omen Of Sorrow game last week and have been playing it single player. This far it seems pretty simple and relatively pick-up-and-play but I could be missing something. I like the vibe of it and the characters, setting, and music are really well done. It also has cross play so if anyone wants to mess around with it sometime, let me know

IIRC

The game supposedly was made inspired by 3s, KOF, GG and MK.

BTW, it was made by a SRK poster that was friends with Hayama Akito (from SRK as well), iirc, but I could be wrong and perhaps it was just that Hayama Akito was talking about because it was made on his country.

Here is a tournament ran in Chile (the country the devs come from) where you can see potential high level play 

I have the PS4 version, so we could try play it later this week?

Also, we should play Samsho too, we have not played it this year and I am starting to feel the side effects of Iroha's deprivation, lol

Edited by Hecatom
On 4/9/2023 at 11:25 PM, Hecatom said:

IIRC

The game supposedly was made inspired by 3s, KOF, GG and MK.

BTW, it was made by a SRK poster that was friends with Hayama Akito (from SRK as well), iirc, but I could be wrong and perhaps it was just that Hayama Akito was talking about because it was made on his country.

Here is a tournament ran in Chile (the country the devs come from) where you can see potential high level play 

I have the PS4 version, so we could try play it later this week?

Also, we should play Samsho too, we have not played it this year and I am starting to feel the side effects of Iroha's deprivation, lol

Yeah I'd be down for any and all of that.

I've heard Hitbox doesnt play nice with PS5 so I may have to break out some of my other controllers and see if they'll work. But yeah,maybe tomorrow night? 

Just now, DoctaMario said:

Yeah I'd be down for any and all of that.

I've heard Hitbox doesnt play nice with PS5 so I may have to break out some of my other controllers and see if they'll work. But yeah,maybe tomorrow night? 

Ok.

Just letting you know that there is a chance we will have a movie night with my siblings, but that would depend if my sister is better, since she has been down with the flu this week, so is not really a sure thing that it will happen tomorrow (the movie night, but also the matches 😅)

48 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Ok.

Just letting you know that there is a chance we will have a movie night with my siblings, but that would depend if my sister is better, since she has been down with the flu this week, so is not really a sure thing that it will happen tomorrow (the movie night, but also the matches 😅)

Hit me up on discord at some point and let me know if you think it'll happen or not. I'm probably going to block off time to play games either way, so I should be around.

• misterBee changed the title to Fighting Game Lounge
  • misterBee pinned this topic

Has anyone tried the following? I've been doing this since 2003. Haven't played CVS2 since 2009 though:

Speaking of CVS2, I don't know why people don't use Rugal with a roll cancel groove. Rugal can godpress through all projectile spammers. Also, N-Groove Rugal can do a level 3 godpress super then finish the super by doing a level 1 genocide cutter super in the corner that takes off like 70% or more damage depending on the character.

We live here now.

I'm going to a tournament in Toronto next month and I entered too many games I think. Sf6, Super Turbo, and Melty Blood. If anyone wants to play, please hmu here or on steam. 😃

My wife also wanted to enter a 2v2 tekken 7 bracket so we will see how that goes, I'm not entirely confident that we will win anything there but at least we entered as Prestige Worldwide wide wide wide...

boats GIF

11 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

@Voltwho did you hurt? Someone compared you to Dime on the old SFV lounge discord. 

My posts aren't THAT long, are they? 💀

12 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Which old man? We are all geezers.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSov86LPFyFPZmTO740qns

All these games about to come out, new lounges, new rules... Actually, I should've come up with a better title.

I'm getting washed too. 👴 😭

On 5/8/2023 at 5:57 PM, Sonero said:

Shotouts to the NRS people continually not supporting their games. Pretty sure at this point none of the people who argued with me for years about playing the games can say shit.

It is really amazing.

People like to throw that X or Y game lose 80% of its playerbase to throw shade, but in reality, is something normal for all games to lose around 80% of its playerbase after the 1st 3 months more or less.

What is not common, is to have one of the franchises that sells tens of millions of games, and lose 99.999999 of its playerbase to the point that games that sell 1% of its numbers at best.

The crazy part is that SF5 saw 3 different NRS games. Injustice 2, MKX and MK11. NRS players can literally play most of their games on the PS4. That thing has Injustice 1, Injustice 2, MKX and MK11 in it.

Out of all the communities that have the easiest to maintain themselves, its the NRS scene but for some reason it doesn't work out. It is baffling.

On 5/8/2023 at 11:57 PM, Sonero said:

Shotouts to the NRS people continually not supporting their games. Pretty sure at this point none of the people who argued with me for years about playing the games can say shit.

4 hours ago, Sonero said:

The crazy part is that SF5 saw 3 different NRS games. Injustice 2, MKX and MK11. NRS players can literally play most of their games on the PS4. That thing has Injustice 1, Injustice 2, MKX and MK11 in it.

Out of all the communities that have the easiest to maintain themselves, its the NRS scene but for some reason it doesn't work out. It is baffling.

Was your wife's ex an MK player? That's the only reason I can think of that would explain why NRS games/players live so rent free in your cabeza and make you so salty lol

6 hours ago, Sonero said:

Out of the 30+ years that Mortal Kombat has been in existence, when has it ever been a mainstream/competitive fighting game in tournaments or just in general globally? I think the bans in some European countries and bans in some Asian countries hindered Mortal Kombat from being competitive.

12 minutes ago, Jion_Wansu said:

Out of the 30+ years that Mortal Kombat has been in existence, when has it ever been a mainstream/competitive fighting game in tournaments or just in general globally? I think the bans in some European countries and bans in some Asian countries hindered Mortal Kombat from being competitive.

This is a good point. There are parts of the world where you have to jump through crazy hoops to even get the game, like it's still 1992 or something

The saddest part is that with the MK1 leak they are saying that the rumored DLC are Peacemaker and Homelander. And people on Twitter are psyched about it.

Like how bad has it gotten that before they announce anything else about an MK game, you get hyped over season 1 non-MK DLC. It's like they are using MK as a vehicle to advertise this other shit and people eat it up like pigs.

One of the comments on EH said something interesting:

Well, the game is going to be called “Mortal Kombat 1” so it’s not a reboot of MK (1992)(which was actually the tenth tournament in the original timeline) but will go back to the FIRST MK tournament when the Great Kung Lao fought, which is consistent with Liu Kang’s Aftermath ending. So Fire God Liu Kang is probably now Earthrealm’s protector, and I presume they’ll integrate the Dark Raiden storyline which was a loose plot thread from MKX.

On 5/11/2023 at 1:36 PM, Daemos said:

Fire God Liu Kang literally became the creator of the universe - the god of gods. A titan. The fact that he's still involved with such petty matters is such a leap. Stupid stupid story.

He is the one resetting the timeline so I'm not bothered with him being hands on. I can't see Liu establishing the elder gods and other councils that have never known to have worked in the MK universe.  

On 5/11/2023 at 10:26 AM, AriesWarlock said:

One of the comments on EH said something interesting:

If you remember in the last game that Kronika did achieve removing Raiden from existence which was Dark Raiden but didn't account that a younger Raiden from the past would emerge again. So, Shao Kahn was right when he made a statement saying, "so, you broke time!". Why didn't Kronika banish Dark Raiden along with Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, and Fujin into the void? Would have made sense.

In regards to Onaga. It seems like Onaga is the One Being in physical form. Remember in one of the scrapped endings for Onaga in MKDA or MKD that they show that even the Elder Gods in wyrm form are no match for the Dragon King.

Let's go back to 1992  Mortal Kombat. Remember Raiden's ending? Basically, he was Dark Raiden in that timeline of the MK universe until he lost to Shao Kahn in MKA.

Wonder if Fire God Liu Kang accounted for all of the causes and effects when he created a new timeline. Probably not. What's will probably happen is that the heels become faces and the faces become heels. For example, Shao Kahn is the protector of Outworld and defends his realm from all of the other realms instead of being the conqueror and so forth.

Instead of calling the next MK game Mortal Kombat 1, why don't they just call it Mortal Kombat Zero or Mortal Kombat 0. It's basically like the Street Fighter Zero series because the lore/story line is taking place before a main game installment.

EDIT:

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I thought dude lost his eye? Don't get me wrong, didn't like the CostCo pirate look. So this is an improvement to me.

I remember that Boon's character in Tekken is Hwoarang and Harada's favorite Mortal Kombat character is Raiden.

Wonder if Cobra in MK is really based off of Hworang instead of Ken.

On 5/11/2023 at 9:42 AM, Sonero said:

I never wanna hear people say shit about Capcom using the World Warriors too much.

Forever ever.

Ever ever?

Ever evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Well, at least in the SF series the following characters from SF1 came back:

Eagle

Birdie

Ryu

Adon

Ken

Sagat

Gen

Mike (if Capcom decides that Mike and Mike Bison are the same character)

So that's 8 out of the 12 from SF1.

Edited by Jion_Wansu
On 5/12/2023 at 12:42 AM, Sonero said:

I never wanna hear people say shit about Capcom using the World Warriors too much.

Forever ever.

Im all for diverse casting,

But yeah, KOF tried to ditch a lot of the core roster in the dark age in KOFXI but later came back with the base roster popular roster from 94-96 later on they go back with the essential classics

Asking so much for radical change likely would only push the franchise to go backward or it is a sign of a reboot

Samsho

Guilty Gear

Soul Calibur

we had seen this happen not only in FGs but throughtout the late 90s popular popculture cartoons and anime

i dont really get people that are obsess with radical change on something familiar specially in a fighting

Im not familiar with Arcsys and Sammy company history and IP, but sometimes I think that it was a good thing that BlazBlue wasn't title GuiltyGear New Generation lol

Edited by Shakunetsu