MEGASHOCK Dev Log

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2/22/20:

Twitter embeds have been broken on this site when using dark themes.  Why didn't anybody let me know? 

I KNOW some of you fools have posted/viewed them, so don't tell me you didn't know!  I refuse to believe everyone on here only uses light themes. 😠

Anyway I've fixed it now.  Tweets should look like this:

Let me know if you guys find anything else that's broken.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

10/5/20:

There has been a sudden influx of people to the site.  As such I'm probably going to up the server specs to better handle load.  Please notify me of any site crashes/performance problems you encounter.

Software update coming along nicely.  Building a brand new version of the the site's theme that will work properly with the new software update.  Expect it to be pushed out some time this week.

Currently investigating allowing user uploaded images and setting up a calendar module.  Also had requests to allow custom badges for tournament winners.  I'll let you know when/if these features get implemented.

10/8/20:

Big software update last night.  Almost wrecked the site, but I pulled an all-nighter and got everything working properly. 

Some stuff that's changed:

• Twitch embeds work again
  • Mobile navigation greatly improved
  • Spent the past 3 days building the themes again from scratch. Things should be easier to read/better spaced out now.
  • Various usability improvements

Please let me know if anything is broken or doesn't look right.

10/9/20:

• Tons of theme fixes for both desktop and mobile. 
  • Added additional reactions for posts
  • Added a new theme -- Hotel Masters from Street Fighter Zero 3

Vo1zG3G.jpg

SNK makes better levels but I did this for the Capcom boys

This brings our total theme number to 8 (4 light and 4 dark).  Stay tuned next week for news about potential premium memberships and our first-ever STAGE BATTLE!!! ] to determine what themes come next.

10/13/20:

• Added the :marvelous: emote
  • Added a Guide Index to the Tech Talk forum.  Hopefully this will become a useful way to keep track of all tech-related guides/tutorials on the site.
  • Special thanks to @DarkSakulfor taking the time to port some tutorials over from SRK.
  • Spent a few hours tidying up/adding pictures to the stick reviews/info thread.  The list is a bit out of date but now it looks nice.

I need more hours in a day... 😔

10/19/20:

Call me misterEA because I've just added DLC to the site.  😎

• New logo!
  • Added subscription tiers/Patreon integration.  Read about it here.
  • Scanlines added to all themes (for that extra arcade flavor)
  • Added two new premium themes

The two new themes are for subscribers only:

dOzzxjE.jpg

Super Street Fighter II X: England

CcUivCq.jpg

Marvel vs Capcom 2: Clock Tower

It took quite a lot of work to make these.  I hope you enjoy them!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1/7/21:

• Site software update
  • Total overhaul of theme switcher

I have rebuilt the theme switcher/stage select from scratch.  ALL themes have both a light and a dark mode.  You can switch between them by clicking the icon under the site logo:

eiYZSpf.jpg

Please let me know if you have any issues or don't like the colors I used for any of the themes.  If you are experiencing issues try doing a hard refresh in your browser and/or clearing your browser's cache.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

4/20/21:

• There have been some moderation staff changes.  If you are interested in becoming a mod please let me know.
  • There is a NEW official MEGASHOCK Discord channel, personally run by me.  You can join here: https://discord.gg/qpfdeNnGF2
  • Achievements/custom badges look like they will be added in the next major forum update, so you can probably expect some cool things to go along with that.
  • 3 months later...

7/20/21:

• Forum software update
  • New ranking and achievements system

All user ranks have been reset.  The new formula is based on number of posts, reactions received, and a few other metrics.  It is also now possible to gain achievements and receive special badges.  In the future I will award badges to those who win or participate in special site-wide events.  Look forward to more updates on this in the future.

Since this is a new major software update there may be some bugs in the site theme.  Please report any visual errors or weirdness in the General Feedback/Suggestions Thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...